Sign in to follow this  

Headshot ability  

60 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Add to some Sniper weapons with High-Scope a multiplier for head damage?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/20 at 01:57 PM

Hi everybody,

It's not exactly a game suggestion, cause we have already discussed about give a damage multiplier for head /headshot for ages, also pre-LO, but maybe having this ability it may help to improve the balancing and give sense to some modsweapon and weapon for being bought/utilized in more competitive match ups.

Right now we have a absoluty unseful/untilized mod:

FnMod_Weapon_HighMagnificationScope.png High-Magnification scope

Info: https://apbdb.com/items/FnMod_Weapon_HighMagnificationScope

Quick Description:

-Very High zoom level

-Substantially decreases accuracy while running

-Changes Marksmanship Crosshair.

-Removes Non-Marksmanship Crosshair.

The clue is adding the disponiblity, when equipped a High-Magnification scope on just only some sniper weapons, after a target is after the 40/50 m the ability to headshot people if hitted in head.

Sniper's weapon may benefit from this change:

- Agrotech DMR-AV PR1

- Agrotech DMR-SD R&D III

- Agrotech DMR-AV PR2

- SBSR "IRS

Personal's Note: Actually these weapons are totally trash or actually  not comparable with the compatitive ones, reason for why actually they arent a lot of used maybe with this change then can be find to be more "appetitive" and used than now.

Sniper's weapon in doubt if they shall benefit from this change:

- N-HVR 243 "Reaper _ Right now it's just a nerfed Sitting Duck/Scout Nol, with less range, no chance to use purple/red mod, but with a HANDSOME TAG 😅... YEP maybe Finally headshot ability will arise the REAPER FROM THE GRAVE... but It's true that Using Hight Magnification Scope remove completely the use for close ranges, but the mobility, 2 shot per kill variable... yep not so sure

-"Anuubis" _ Another one here, it's more and less a DMR with less recoil and a poopie not yet fixed crosshair... your thoghts?

-S-247 "Oblivion- A very awknaward sniper weapon that get increase of accuracy while moving/shotting.... good ttk, accuracy increaseing... I put this one as the last one because I consider it between the "doubt ones" and absoluty "no ones", sincerly no idea...

Sniper's weapon shall absoluty no benefit from this change:

-N-ISSR B "Dog Ear... it's already meta gun, It doesnt need this features.

-N-HVR 762 Dvah.... it perform one of the Highest damage of the game at "any range" and we have discussed enough about it.

Another note: For adding more balance to it, equipping High-Magnification scope will also increase the switching time from primary/secondary such as HVR.

Throw like that, maybe it may be a solution for balancing the snipers weapons or other weapon of the game just adding a damage multiplier, give your thoughts guys.

Bye

Added Poll

Edited by PingOVER9000
Added Poll

I love that this game doesn't have headshots so much. So, no thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Just this. With so many games that have guns that do varied damage depending which part of the body you hit, it's nice to have a game that focuses purely on hitting the target. No punish for hitting feet when getting shot in the head. It's non-meta and suits the game's style more than the suggested change. Especially with how so many bits of cover still reveal a small portion of your hitbox, namely the "head" area. If headshots were a thing, you'd get severely punished for choosing said cover. In the current system, the opponent would have to aim consistently and hit multiple times to kill you.

51 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Ironically, me too I like the fact headshots arent a part of the game and in fact I suspcted from the beginning a lot will be against the idea.

But seeing how many limitations have the mod, then limited to only some number of weapons, then adding the fact is available only from medium/long range a headshot, I don't understand why at least it shall not worth a try.

Seeing just a lot here answer only No without a little discussion, I suppose no one has read what I wrote...

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That's gonna be a no from me, dog.

dog?

I dont get it the reason for this, but if you so much to insult me, send me a message maybe explaing the reason from the beginning.

Bye

3 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

dog?

I dont get it the reason for this, but if you so much to insult me, send me a message maybe explaing the reason from the beginning.

Bye

My apologies. It's a thing a guy on TV said. I meant no disrespect.

nlBOhaR.gif

As for headshots...
Would I like to play a game like APB but with headshots?

Yes

Do I want to add headshots to this version of APB?

No

Hard no.  

Edited by Kiida

it's just something APB doesn't need, honestly. it's a nice idea though.

any damage modifiers, especially headshots, would be affected by customization - everyone forced to use the shortest characters possible or risk getting headshot more is the opposite of apb’s customization concept

damage modifiers like headshots will require pretty extensive work to the hitbox system - we’re talking probably months before we see any progress on this compared to high priority fixes like the engine upgrade, matchmaking, threat, etc

the game does not need more unique/random weapon mechanics - this recent(ish) pattern of balancing things by ignoring or circumventing the few simple rules apb was designed around needs to stop imo, it’s only bad for the game 

6 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

-Agrotech DMR-AV PR2

Personal's Note: Actually these weapons are totally trash or actually  not comparable with the compatitive ones

lol

you haven’t given any potential damage numbers and i’m assuming you don’t intend for headshots to be one hit kills so it’s a little difficult to discuss anything beyond this

also this isn’t the suggestion subforum

Add headshot.

Everyone sits on corner with HVR/Shotgun/Whatever aimed at head height.

Get easy free headshots.

Game becomes one sided whack-a-mole.

Gtfo this forum.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

14 hours ago, 404 said:

any damage modifiers, especially headshots, would be affected by customization - everyone forced to use the shortest characters possible or risk getting headshot more is the opposite of apb’s customization concept

I remind we discussed quite a lot about it ages ago... if LO didnt change anything until now the fact you are male/female, shorter, taller, fatter or thinner, the head is a bald desert or longo banana costumized head /hat  possible doesnt change the hit boxes, they are always the same.

The fact is the High-Magnification scope as it's right now it's USELESS

image2013-1-18+17_28_11.png

14 hours ago, 404 said:

damage modifiers like headshots will require pretty extensive work to the hitbox system - we’re talking probably months before we see any progress on this compared to high priority fixes like the engine upgrade, matchmaking, threat, etc

Bah, of course for reach a result, for anything, you have to work.. always.

But at first glance it doesnt seem me a so big task, just a little matter of Elementary mathematic and change some value.

Now I dont know how much is the total pixel or cm square of a APB hitboxes, as if I may know the head area... so we may try to calculate for percentual and making an analogy with a real characters, throwing some numbers, it can be something like that:

180 ( cm, the height in cm of a person) : 100 ( %, n.) = 45 ( cm, lenght of a head) : ( %,  the % of how much a head's lenght occupy respect to other parts of a body)

So:  X=  (100 x 40) / 180 ≅ 22 %

So, kinda grossly, 22% we may tell this is the area, starting from topside possible of the hitboxes, where we may suppose it's located the head starting from topside possible.

Now, I dont know excatly which program the software developer of LO and APB are using, but if something similar to Inventor or Solid Works that I use for 3d Design, where you can make also simply task as extrusion, extension, change valour etc in %...,  in analogy,  it shall not a big problem to change some valour in Apb and set a damage multiplier in that area.

Of course, this is a very grossly supposition of mine, then  probabily there will be a the part of testing, changing value etc, but I guess I am not so far or half way for a clue for doing it.

14 hours ago, 404 said:

the game does not need more unique/random weapon mechanics - this recent(ish) pattern of balancing things by ignoring or circumventing the few simple rules apb was designed around needs to stop imo, it’s only bad for the game 

No, the damage multiplier we have already applied or seen in some mechanics/ weapons.

DMR is a example, but it's apllied in range instead of hitbox area,  it can kill in 2 instead of 3 after a target is over 88 m.

About the fact how they have managed it in game for balancing the weapons, yep totally agree... 

14 hours ago, 404 said:
21 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

-Agrotech DMR-AV PR2

Personal's Note: Actually these weapons are totally trash or actually  not comparable with the compatitive ones

lol

I repeat again... all the weapon I elencated before, for my personal opinion, aren't meta or used cause the others one perform better in 1 vs 1 or team play, I dont get it what are your thoughts about it.

14 hours ago, 404 said:

you haven’t given any potential damage numbers and i’m assuming you don’t intend for headshots to be one hit kills so it’s a little difficult to discuss anything beyond this

What do u expect if u receive a bullet in head ? xD

Joker aside, I didnt give any potential damage number because I was waiting someone to telling something and discussing about it.

The damage I was thinking was the same about a HVR, 850 damage, it will perfom only if High-Magnification scope is on the weapon and an clear headshot.

14 hours ago, 404 said:

also this isn’t the suggestion subforum

copy/paste from above

It's not exactly a game suggestion, cause we have already discussed about give a damage multiplier for head /headshot for ages, also pre-LO, but maybe having this ability it may help to improve the balancing and give sense to some modsweapon and weapon for being bought/utilized in more competitive match ups.

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ah ok, no my excuse I remind about that scene after u explained 🤣, I suspected and it was strange may come any type of insult from a person such as you.

Sorry for the long post...Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

I'm all for change!

High mag scope is my favorite sniper mod in the game!

High mag scope is really inferior to HS3 in many ways!

High mag scope needs a buff!

No. No headshots. Don't.

57 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

I'm all for change!

High mag scope is my favorite sniper mod in the game!

High mag scope is really inferior to HS3 in many ways!

High mag scope needs a buff!

No. No headshots. Don't. ..... 😅

Until now what I am just hearing or reading is a... NO NO, HARD NO, Pass, go wreck yourself hell NO etc.. 😂

This mod is cleary inferior and have a lot disadvantages than advantages, at least "try" to tell or advance another option for making this mod valuable to use.

Syntesis:

- I have told a opinion where it may also resolve the matter of having so much snipers rifles cleary underpowered than the usually 2/3 ones (HVR, Dog Ear, Scout)

-This mod will only work if Hight Magnification Scope is slotted and ONLY in sniper weapon underpowered such as DMR, SBRS etc

- As we see in game damage multiplier is already an APB mechanic, at first sight I dont see as a big trouble to be added from the LO developers (DMR docet)

Bye

I'm all for rewarding accuracy and skill in shooters, but APB is not a game that would improve by adding headshot damage multiplier. Not in its current state at least...

uP again... tell your thoughts guys 

On 5/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, CookiePuss said:

Im not sure how to fix HMS.
Can we just delete it and save the hassle?

Seeing how it is going that will not be a bad suggestion ahahahahha

On 5/21/2020 at 4:01 AM, SynRapture said:

I'm all for rewarding accuracy and skill in shooters, but APB is not a game that would improve by adding headshot damage multiplier. Not in its current state at least...

Me too I was thinking the same,  but with so much useless weapons and mods, this  feature maybe may worth a try for making them useful or fun to use...

Headshot Damage multiplier certainly struggle with APB gameplay, because it's something new or almost alien for how it's concepted this game, but may REFRESH THE GAMEPLAY AND MAKE IT MORE FUN/ COMPETITIVE.

I see a lot tell it may a possible game breaking( @404 for ex...), but I dont see anyone explain a reason, JUST NO XD

On 5/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

I remind we discussed quite a lot about it ages ago... if LO didnt change anything until now the fact you are male/female, shorter, taller, fatter or thinner, the head is a bald desert or longo banana costumized head /hat  possible doesnt change the hit boxes, they are always the same.

The fact is the High-Magnification scope as it's right now it's USELESS

image2013-1-18+17_28_11.png

That hitbox is the reason why headshots wouldn't be good, notice how the hitbox is actually just a little bit above the box despite you're model being completely behind it. Most of the snipers rifles; even the worst off ones like the Reaper, Anubis, IRS and DMRs could still easily click that one pixel and it would likely count as a headshot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

I see a lot tell it may a possible game breaking( @404 for ex...)

i explained all of my points

17 hours ago, WEISSDEATH said:

That hitbox is the reason why headshots wouldn't be good, notice how the hitbox is actually just a little bit above the box despite you're model being completely behind it. Most of the snipers rifles; even the worst off ones like the Reaper, Anubis, IRS and DMRs could still easily click that one pixel and it would likely count as a headshot. 

OH A KEEN EYE, Finally ! I was waiting one as you (too bad I havent already finished the tests XD)

When I posted the image for the hitboxes, I have had the same doubts, so I have made some tests with chracters covering behind pallets or wooden walls as that one in picture.

Sincerly talking the wooden walls as covering I have always find them terrrible, while I was making a test It was so at the maximum "acceptable" after 40m, I guess they were designed for being "EMERGENCY/DESPERATE COVERS".

Now I was making some test with cars... the hitboxes of them are kinda awkward.... so I am meeting several problem here.. 

Then probabily reading this upside you may tell something like "Yep boy, who care about headshots when you can shoot under cars" XD

I would like to deepen about it but seem kinda It will require quite a long time, I guess I will need some help of kind soul....... 

For now of "well done", Tried some test with 3 friends of mine with the shields from consumable items, one with max height, one kinda medium, one smaller possible.

After around 30m, shooting one at the head is kinda difficult, I barely hit 2 times on 30 shots with High Magnification scope and taking all the time I want to make a "perfect heashot" and angolation at around 45 degree than the target.

One shot performed on the taller characters and another one on the small one.

At 20m, on 30 shots especially at around 45 degree and more I got a lot more shots, at  the end 14 hits , a lot of them from 30 degree and above.

I will continue to make some test ( slowly.. my friends get bored quickly unfortunately and after 10 mon they start to insult me in 2/3 languages <.<...)

So We may tell about the shields, the "headshot" rate is undirectly proportional to the distance between the distance, the sniper for headshotting shall be angled or perfect timing for heashotting. 

A little disappointed about it cause I have always found them too handy and a little op with that slow recharge time...

16 hours ago, 404 said:

i explained all of my points

Ok, thank you @404

Bye

On certain snipers only? no ty. adding extra collision for only a few weapons in the game just sounds like a waste of performance

- Agrotech DMR-SD R&D III

Actually these weapons are totally trash

Man, if you haven't played the DMR with heavy barrel to do LTL or to simply stun an enemy before you kill them over 80m you haven't lived.

Edited by JohnNighthawk

High Magnification is useless because APB only has 100M of range. If it wasn't for the accuracy buff I wouldn't even bother using ADS.