HiLoSilver

Toxicty on the rise

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

with how many false positives can happen as it is , this scares me.

If there are punishments as severe as jailtime, I'm confident they'll make sure they have it right

43 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

If there are punishments as severe as jailtime, I'm confident they'll make sure they have it right

General Flynn is innocent and it didn't stop them. No thank you I'm worried about enough things.

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

No no no... there's ALWAYS human error, no. This is a terrible idea imo. 

7 hours ago, Kevkof said:

There's been lawsuits already about this and if I remember correctly one of the main issues was memory control and who decides what is allowed to load into the pc-owners memory. Tricky stuff...

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that cheaters should be punished somehow apart from their gameban but realising this will be very hard I guess. Besides that, not all cheats need to be injected into APB in order to work properly so a direct connection between APB and the cheat will be hard to prove since not all cheats are just software these days.

Edited by Spy

10 hours ago, Golderlight123 said:

Then you haven't been to Eu yet have you lol

i think you might have misread my post

I have roughly 1800h in this game, playing since 2013 on Obeya II/Citadel and been at the high end of Silver threat-wise. Been playing my Enf main all this time basically but now a few weeks back made myself a criminal character and started playing it for variety. There's some interesting things I noticed:

1. When you are low rank, your teammates expect you to be an idiot basically but didn't really notice any griefing or harassing per se (maybe because I played alright).

2. But now when I have ranked up to roughly R100, I've been noticing a lot of crap and hackusations from the opposing players. I'm not in any position to skill shame anybody nor do I intend to because I don't consider myself a "good" player, but in my observations, the accusations usually come from people who really don't play good themselves. Just yesterday got accused by a silver R170 who was getting carried by a bronze R30 who was evidently a real new player not just a new character.

Seems to be an attitude issue in my opinion. First of all people don't seem to understand that rank does not determine skill because of multiple characters per account, and secondly without naming names, there are several people in the back of my head who I've seen just whine in whispers the entire mission instead of actually trying to play.

Even Matt Scott acknowledges that there's a cheater problem so you insinuating that it's just wrong hackusations made me giggle for a bit.

FairFight was pretty effective for the first 2 years, until cheat-makers perfected settings to imitate human-like performance.

In the end though, it resulted in cheaters adopting closet practices & wrongly culling some of the best players. It did not prevent cheaters to reroll within minutes. It did not prevent esp hacks.

On the spotter mod topic,

it isn't a wallhack, but a mod to easily share your perception with your teammates. Spotter doesn't give unattainable information like wallhacking does.

42 minutes ago, Spy said:

Even Matt Scott acknowledges that there's a cheater problem so you insinuating that it's just wrong hackusations made me giggle for a bit.

But there is always going to be a cheater problem and its at its lowest in a long time. Saying that there has been a rise this past week. I have had a number of team mates use wall cheats. I could actually see them run to where enemy was coming and take them out. I had some teams sit out some missions as there was cheating going on.

But Toxicity is a hell of a lot worse then cheating, its nearly impossible as a single player to come on and have a good game these days.

Edited by Y2Venom

I feel that they turned FF off just because they realized how many cheaters is in APB then they panicked. turn it off we will ban 40% of the players on EU...

people write about false flag bans =/. I do not think it was false flag bans they saw how much people cheat.

and all BS on i have played for 3 weeks and not played against any cheaters.

either you cheat yourself and want to get focus off the issue or you are paid to say that BS.i get cheaters  3 out of 5 games if you say something else you are full of BS