HiLoSilver

Toxicty on the rise

APB has less toxicity than it used to to be honest.

Bu that's just anecdotal, just like you.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB has less toxicity than it used to to be honest.

Bu that's just anecdotal, just like you.

I mean, aside from a certain "arch" player in jericho, there's not really much toxicity in chat 9/10 times in silver.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, aside from a certain "arch" player in jericho, there's not really much toxicity in chat 9/10 times in silver.

Played like 2-3 days last week. Only ran in to one griefer being sarcastic.

Other than that everyone was talking normally and even being nice in a 'passive aggressive' way.

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Played like 2-3 days last week. Only ran in to one griefer being sarcastic.

Other than that everyone was talking normally and even being nice in a 'passive aggressive' way.

That's the general game now it seems, a lot less toxic than it used to be, but there still are a few "obviously" toxic players. Such as Arch who went in chat earlier today on saying words only affect liberals and that people who commit suicide are weak and in no way is the "bully" who pushed them to it to blame for it. Sadly i feel he only gets a wrist slap when reported with a temp mute (if he ever gets muted), and goes back to being his general toxic self.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

Since LO has Zero regard for the report feature it seems toxicty and wall hacking at the very least are on the rise.

I really hate to hackusate but its getting a little ridiculous. Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

Flame away toxic froum gurus as you always do. 

so many things wrong with this.

Little Orbit has dealt with reports and certain people who the reports were about were very vocal about it and some admitted openly they were guilty of what the reports were about

toxic people in bronze and silver are nearly non existent on NA so I wonder where you play.

Spotter is a in game mod that alerts the team of what your team mate sees so coordinated attacks can happen

fairfight was horrible. EAC is currently the best on the market and as I said in other threads I witnessed a blatant cheater get banned in front of me 2+ weeks ago and have not seen them since.

flame away? sigh

On 5/17/2020 at 2:34 AM, HiLoSilver said:

Since LO has Zero regard for the report feature it seems toxicty and wall hacking at the very least are on the rise.

I really hate to hackusate but its getting a little ridiculous. Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

Flame away toxic froum gurus as you always do. 

You aint never seen console toxicity...

8 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

You aint never seen console toxicity...

I don't wanna say a certain skin colour and those that try to cringily mimic it are the reason for console........but.....

• Like 1

I personally feel like wall hacks wouldn't give anyone that much advantage...I can definitely see why some might be called wall hackers as for I watched someone throw 2 nades at me the dash left. So I thought to myself, "He's bluffing a push I bet he's running around to flank me" and sure enough I called his bluff and caught him with his pants down. 

What APB needs is something like Battlefield where we can see how much health our opponent had after our death along side kill cams. (Having kill cams in theory would show stuff like aimbots but not much else. But they would also teach newbies some tactics the golds are using). I don't think cheating beyond macros or triggerbots is existent. 

As for toxicity, be nice to who you want to be nice to, be mean to who you want to, It's not against the law to be mean. Also some people are toxic just to get rise out of people, so either grow some skin and ignore them, or disable chat all together. APB is an Adult game made for Adults.

It is getting cumbersome to see so many people complain about how reporting doesn't work and tickets don't work that it's all a facade, placebo, fake.

If LO is telling the truth every weekend about their engine upgrade. Im sure most of their workforce is working on trying to push it out for release.

They are more or less making a new game. I mean is an Rx7FDSpiritR still a Rx7FDSpiritR if you swap its engine for a Supra Mk4 engine? Sure it's chassis is still the same but the underneath is a totally new car.

Give LO a break and let the team do the best they can, because at the end of the day they are doing better than what GamersFirst could have done.

1 minute ago, R3ACT3M said:

I personally feel like wall hacks wouldn't give anyone that much advantage

knowing exactly where your enemies are is easily the strongest advantage anyone can have imo - no need to worry about aim when you can always get the jump on opp, no need to worry about your positioning when you know where everyone is at all times

12 hours ago, claude said:

alpha chad gamers like me and the boys from FDTX clique

12 hours ago, claude said:

cringe lmao

• Like 1

just stay off the internet and video games if you cant handle toxicity, its reallyyyyyy not that hard

people literally complain about getting flamed/experiencing toxicity like you cant just get off the game and turn your computer off

why make a thread pointing out toxicity when really the only thing you're doing is bringing more attention to it?

80% of the people who have ever played this game eventually end up quiting because of how ignorant and stupid the people on here are

also why bring up in game playstyles such as carplaying + remote det or whatever. if you have to label something such as that toxic then you're truly missing the point of whats actually toxic

the amount of shit ive seen people say to each other over this game is astonishing, truly astonishing. the community is just one large high school lunch table.

i go months without going on here and every time i end up looking at the forums im just disappointed and cringe'd out.

Edited by Deftonez
edit

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't wanna say a certain skin colour and those that try to cringily mimic it are the reason for console........but.....

Your fine. Console toxicity is

People ddosing you like a baby can do it

People inviting you to a xbox party, using wireshark (I guess because how else would you get some Ip)

Ddosing you.

People ddosing districts, fight clubs.

People getting salty. Yeah console is a whole another toxicity

12 hours ago, 404 said:

knowing exactly where your enemies are is easily the strongest advantage anyone can have imo - no need to worry about aim when you can always get the jump on opp, no need to worry about your positioning when you know where everyone is at all times

I guess it depends on the situation and how well the cheater uses it

On 5/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, MrChan said:

In it's lifetime APB has tried 4 different anit-cheat programs, as well as whatever they're able to do with their own internal software.

Assuming the game is full of cheaters (spoiler alert, though: it's not), what's going to make another off the shelf anti-cheat do what PB, FF, BattlEye and EAC couldn't? 

You could bring in any anti cheat you wanted if the company doesnt keep it updated or doesnt really bother with a strict, enforced policy then no anti cheat will work well.

Imho you'll need a basic AC to get rid of the wannabe cheatcreators combined with ingame GM's who actually know what to look for when it comes to cheaters. Cheats have become more sophisticated in any game, including in APB (no, I won't list them so don't get your hopes up) and for some APB cheat users still cheat very obvious with no intention to hide their cheat on a daily basis for 3 weeks and more. Support tickets take 7 days to 'come through' and still the rage cheaters will not be banned, I wonder why...

All I'm saying that if we had more ingame GM's who know what to look for (and deal with it) then our beloved APB would be less toxic and more fun to play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spy said:

Cheats have become more sophisticated in any game, including in APB (no, I won't list them so don't get your hopes up)

When you say things without backing them up, it just makes you look dishonest.

5 hours ago, Spy said:

Imho you'll need a basic AC to get rid of the wannabe cheatcreators

So... if not BattlEye and if not Easy Anti Cheat... if not Fairfight and if not Punkbuster... what anticheat do you want?

5 hours ago, Spy said:

then our beloved APB would be less toxic and more fun to play.

Come play Jericho... if you still think you see cheaters you can rest easy because it means you cannot spot a cheater anyways.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So... if not BattlEye and if not Easy Anti Cheat... if not Fairfight and if not Punkbuster... what anticheat do you want?

Come play Jericho... if you still think you see cheaters you can rest easy because it means you cannot spot a cheater anyways.

In my weak opinion LO (as a lot Game companies) has to copy from Blizzard and his behaviour against hackers/ cheaters.. for ex when they took several times LEGAL WAYS against hackers sending them in jail and  paid a quite fine, an example below.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/25/overwatch-hacker-seoul-jail-time/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF0srSXFTQKjiSjeJQH_ae5sukV4HdyzDLK1GGbwWKJfaHig_OS_5LxZ0pdYMg-aGNbMlFr9pdi_4EVJ0Na8mteF7DuNqDBA2RmI4WZx1Zm43cxvBNEq7i460-PqEWAaDi4oc1ewf91mFK_XCNo-dWNGGlbYFlMYQt-A3AK35Awf

Talking to others.. actually in EU is not so bad, if actually u look at or compare with a game such as TEAM FORTRESS 2 OF VALVE.

After 2/3 min every server is invaded from several sniper bots headshotting at sight and a lot of players with a little knowledges of codes/ buying hacks are FREE TO AIMBOTTING too, they will admit too in their account, Valve seem doesnt care at all X( , u will be spechless of really mean when a game is on the hands of hackers 🤣 🤣

Edited by PingOVER9000

6 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

In my weak opinion LO (as a lot Game companies) has to copy from Blizzard and his behaviour against hackers/ cheaters.. for ex when they took several times LEGAL WAYS against hackers sending them in jail and  paid a quite fine, an example below.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/25/overwatch-hacker-seoul-jail-time/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF0srSXFTQKjiSjeJQH_ae5sukV4HdyzDLK1GGbwWKJfaHig_OS_5LxZ0pdYMg-aGNbMlFr9pdi_4EVJ0Na8mteF7DuNqDBA2RmI4WZx1Zm43cxvBNEq7i460-PqEWAaDi4oc1ewf91mFK_XCNo-dWNGGlbYFlMYQt-A3AK35Awf

For this to actually be a thing, more countries will need to make cheating in video games actually illegal. I could be wrong, but South Korea is the only (or one of very few) that have actually done that.

That is how they are able to jail people for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I was wondering about this as well.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

so true for Jericho

14 hours ago, Spy said:

All I'm saying that if we had more ingame GM's who know what to look for (and deal with it) then our beloved APB would be less toxic and more fun to play.

and how would we afford to have that many gms for each match for each district who can ban like you imply you would want from this old argument?

Even large games do not do that and you think that could be done here?

On 5/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

and even being nice in a 'passive aggressive' way.

for some reason this always reminds me of ops spamming volcano's and bragging about how good they are.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, CookiePuss said:

1. Not taking the bait, nice try tho.
  2. BE, EAC or PB would be just fine for filtering out the unexperienced cheat developers. Experienced cheat detecting GM's in districts based on reported players. It's not rocket science.
  3. I do have a Jericho account but the ping is just to high. Besides that, it's not my job to avoid the cheaters, it's LO's job prevent them from playing against me or any other legit player.

21 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

and how would we afford to have that many gms for each match for each district who can ban like you imply you would want from this old argument?

Read point 2 please. I know for a fact that larger games operate in a simular way and it actually works. I'm not saying that all GM's can ban all APB cheaters in a short period of time but with it's current slow (or none) ban speed is pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Spy
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 1:22 AM, Spy said:

22 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

53 minutes ago, Spy said:

Read point 2 please. I know for a fact that larger games operate in a simular way and it actually works. I'm not saying that all GM's can ban all APB cheaters in a short period of time but with it's current slow (or none) ban speed is pretty ridiculous.

gms .....pay ......how?

1 hour ago, Spy said:
  1. Experienced cheat detecting GM's in districts based on reported players. It's not rocket science.

$10 says you believe you could do this job

Who is filling that position is not important, as long as they do their job right.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:18 PM, Kevkof said:

For this to actually be a thing, more countries will need to make cheating in video games actually illegal. I could be wrong, but South Korea is the only (or one of very few) that have actually done that.

That is how they are able to jail people for that.

with how many false positives can happen as it is , this scares me.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, 404 said:

at the risk of being a flamer, i've been playing fairly regularly for weeks now and have yet to see anyone i would even call suspicious

i am on NA for whatever that's worth

Then you haven't been to Eu yet have you lol