HiLoSilver

Toxicty on the rise

Since LO has Zero regard for the report feature it seems toxicty and wall hacking at the very least are on the rise.

I really hate to hackusate but its getting a little ridiculous. Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

Flame away toxic froum gurus as you always do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No. Toxicity only seems to be on the rise if you look for it, and FairFight was no way better than EAC.

Many times people who claim that toxicity is a big problem are toxic themselves (that last line was a lil 'toxic' imo, ngl chief)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

at the risk of being a flamer, i've been playing fairly regularly for weeks now and have yet to see anyone i would even call suspicious

i am on NA for whatever that's worth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 404 said:

at the risk of being a flamer, i've been playing fairly regularly for weeks now and have yet to see anyone i would even call suspicious

i am on NA for whatever that's worth

NA got stable veteran pop, Citadel tho...

Remote Detonator and TrueOgre.
Working.
Radar Tower.
Disabled

gg.

38 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Remote Detonator and TrueOgre.
Working.
Radar Tower.
Disabled

gg.

Gun game server issues.

Existing

gg rip 

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Gun game server issues.

Existing

gg rip 

they need to take the gun game out of mission districts, its sad to k up for a misison then when the mission does pop u get the same opp that doesnt want to play the gun game 10 times in a row, i came to misison district to NOT play in FIGHT CLUB , but now they bring fight club into the mission district ...... not like this post is gonna be seen by the devs (or the gm's that cant do shit but just activate the stupid gun game anyway)

Edited by ShaiShai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

they need to take the gun game out of mission districts, its sad to k up for a misison then when the mission does pop u get the same opp that doesnt want to play the gun game 10 times in a row, i came to misison district to NOT play in FIGHT CLUB , but now they bring fight club into the mission district ...... not like this post is gonna be seen by the devs (or the gm's that cant do shit but just activate the stupid gun game anyway)

You talk about bronze districts? Yeah. They should be in green instead of bronze to gather bronzes and greens together. Silvers and golds should go gold.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

Since LO has Zero regard for the report feature it seems toxicty and wall hacking at the very least are on the rise.

I really hate to hackusate but its getting a little ridiculous. Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

I smell a cooking mad fresh player ...

help Standart questions... how much latency, fps, how many game hrs, weapons you are mainly using?

7 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

Cheating is always going to be there but its not as prevalent as it use to be. The weekend you used to see a lot of weekend cheaters, but they would be gone by Monday. However there are still a lot of closets out there, higher level players who use little illegal things. If you are a player that plays without friends or group members you will see more toxicity. If you see a clan, you will have less toxicity as long as the clan is good and they team together.

21 minutes ago, Mitne said:

You talk about bronze districts? Yeah. They should be in green instead of bronze to gather bronzes and greens together. Silvers and golds should go gold.

not sure if your trolling or not, but how is a low silver like myself supposed to make any kills agents high golds if we are forced to face them in the district you suggest , that's just totally unfair, but knowing its from you, i bet it was more of a troll remark then a real suggestion (and your next post / comment will be GET GUD, i can see it now troll)

10 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

not sure if your trolling or not, but how is a low silver like myself supposed to make any kills agents high golds if we are forced to face them in the district you suggest , that's just totally unfair, but knowing its from you, i bet it was more of a troll remark then a real suggestion (and your next post / comment will be GET GUD, i can see it now troll)

So... either way it's bad? Okey.

(Btw. on FC you gonna be forced to fight high golds anyway)

The toxicity has always been here i guess. Nothing you can do about it unless the server pop gets renewed.

About the wallhacking problem, i have encountered a certain duo a couple of times over the past days that play in a pretty fishy manner, that some of the veterans in game acknowledged. Just 180-lock-ons while being focused on and shooting my teammate, not much else.

8 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

if people were cheating as much as they were in 2016/2017, you would know. everyone would know. game only has a toxicity problem if you yourself engage in toxic behavior... like hackusating players out of anger and getting flamed for it. it's not often that you straight up just start getting griefed or flamed for no real reason. If you just don't feed into it, you'll be fine, but call someone out over whispers or over district chat, you are the one starting the problem.

Fairfight allowed people to cheat for months and months on end without any real punishment, unless you were blatant about it, then you'd probably get manually banned by a GM watching you. 

it's really cringe that you're saying shit that has almost zero validity to it, and then just throwing some shit at the end of it to say "yeah and just disagree like you always do." 

8 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Wall hacking is unfortunately a game-feature: https://apbdb.com/items/FnMod_Character_Spotter

This tells how much work is yet to be done on the core game.

how so?

Edited by claude
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, claude said:

how so?

unknown.png

All you had to do was actually open the provided link and read the description....

People just can't read these days.

• Like 1

I will say that there seems to be a small influx of cheaters on EU. It's just a feeling, but I find it hard to believe that this many people with the game sense and playstyle of a silver/bronze just happen to have high tier aim with (for example) OSCAR.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's pretend this game is not rated M.

I have seen more griefing then actual toxicity. - Get out of the car and find another car and griefer go bye bye. 

But they are still following me and griefing. - Start recording and explain to them they're griefing and they should stop because you're recording them.

There is no toxicity but rather people that want to be politically correct and/or want to play the IQ game. - Either /ignore or don't reply or find out what the reason for the "toxic" nature.

Have you seen people cheating? - While it's possible, it could also be either a BR/MX/EU lag tanking/lag teleporting due to having 300 ping or they are using macro (mouse bind or wheel) or luck.

In NA, there are more experienced 255 ENF than CRIM in bronze and most times it's a massacre. - Imagine what a T (Greenie) or B (Greenie to Bronze) player feel like when you repeatedly kill them.

Breakdown -

0 99.99% of the time, the griefers and toxic players are the ones in bronze abusing the new players.

1 It's part of the game, this game is rated M.

2 In reality, there's more griefers than toxic players. 

3 Did I mention -> 99.99% of the time, the griefers and toxic players are the ones in bronze abusing the new players.

9 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

FairFight back? It failed to work properly, then it started handing out waves of false positives, never bring that crap back again. We need something that goes deeper into our system. Most of our valuable information can be stolen without deeper access into our systems, this is for those who think that this is some potentially serious security concern.

As far as toxicity goes, there are steps you can take to minimize experiencing it

The most effective of these is controlling your chat window
I recommend turning off district chat and whispers

If you are playing with clan mates, only leave clan chat on

I playing with a group, only group chat

If just playing solo, only team chat

If you just want to chill, turn all chat off

I cant help with you getting tbagged, that's more of a right of passage lol.

As far as cheating goes, I think its worth mentioning that there are exactly zero public cheats available and there are no plans for any public cheats to be updated to beat EAC at this time (its just not worth the time to update cheats for a dead game).

This leaves only those with access  to private cheats, which have all but disappeared as well (for the same reason as stated above).

If you are playing in a bronze district, the odds of you facing a cheater especially on NA is infinitesimally small. But if anyone is seeing a cheater, its just the same few players getting banned and rerolling constantly. I cant remember the last time I thought someone was cheating on NA, certainly months and months, but I will say EU does have a small group of serial cheaters constantly being banned and  constantly rerolling.

No one is getting away with cheating for very long so if you think a given player has been getting away with cheating for years, you are likely wrong in your accusation.

Fairfight was statistically worse.

This is not an opinion this is the cold hard fact.

Anyone who says Fairfight was in any way better is just wrong, plain and simple.

This isnt even debatable.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, iAdoreHer said:

NA, there are more experienced 255 ENF than CRIM in bronze and most times it's a massacre. - Imagine what a T (Greenie) or B (Greenie to Bronze) player feel like when you repeatedly kill them.

Breakdown -

0 99.99% of the time, the griefers and toxic players are the ones in bronze abusing the new players.

I have 4 max ranks, 2 cops n 2 crims. I am known for playing bronze. I am a Silver Scrub. 

I always let low ranks get some off me, specially if the ridiculous MM puts a Me against a lev 20 1v1.

Secondly I want to add that a particular player crashed my truck n blew it up at least 7 times in 2hrs yesterday evening. I am not the least bit salty about it. My point is the Rage trolling is not something specifically targeting new players. It is a Factor in the game that effects all of us. I will admit to being a rage troll right here, n I targeted Golds mostly but i did go after any low rank with a bullshoot name with all numbers n I consider those players "RAndoms" 🤬

If you wanna kill the game bring FF back.

Just st*u alredy, please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

(Btw. on FC you gonna be forced to fight high golds anyway)

and thats the main reason i dont touch fc, why am i forced to play FC in a district designed to not have FC?

13 hours ago, HiLoSilver said:

Bring FairFight back or a reliable anticheat/.

In it's lifetime APB has tried 4 different anit-cheat programs, as well as whatever they're able to do with their own internal software.

Assuming the game is full of cheaters (spoiler alert, though: it's not), what's going to make another off the shelf anti-cheat do what PB, FF, BattlEye and EAC couldn't? 

42 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Assuming the game is full of cheaters (spoiler alert, though: it's not), what's going to make another off the shelf anti-cheat do what PB, FF, BattlEye and EAC couldn't? 

Yeah, like, they all suck, every single game has cheaters problem and I don't think that this particular one has it any bad at all. Oh, I'm sorry, I only have 110 hrs in game and I am silver threat.