Sign in to follow this  
Roblo

COBRA improvement

Hello. Could you guys please increase the mag cap and ammo cap at the COBR-A weapons. It has 100 bullets in total an 20 bullets per mag. It is very low and it don't sustain in a firefight against any other assault rifle. It can keep the bloom increase since it's a really good way to adapt to assault rifles in general.  It would be divine if you could increase the mag cap and ammo cap to Ntec and STAR caps. 

Edited by Roblo
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, Roblo said:

Hello. Could you guys please increase the mag cap and ammo cap at the COBR-A weapons. It has 100 bullets in total an 20 bullets per mag. It is very low and it don't sustain in a firefight against any other assault rifle. It can keep the bloom increase since it's a really good way to adapt to assault rifles in general.  It would be divine if you could increase the mag cap and ammo cap to Ntec and STAR caps. 

The mag cap is because it's much more like a hybrid  joker carbine for the AR role. It's not really designed as an "AR". It's original design was basically a joker carbine with full auto.

I'd say it's fine as is, as long as you don't spray it too much, or if you want to put EM on it, it'll help you a little bit. Bandolier will put more mags overall as well if you prefer that.

People have suggested nerfing the NTEC and Star ammo to 24 similar to the FAR because they believe that 32 is "too much" for those weapons as well tbi.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

14 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The mag cap is because it's much more like a hybrid  joker carbine for the AR role. It's not really designed as an "AR". It's original design was basically a joker carbine with full auto.

I'd say it's fine as is, as long as you don't spray it too much, or if you want to put EM on it, it'll help you a little bit. Bandolier will put more mags overall as well if you prefer that.

People have suggested nerfing the NTEC and Star ammo to 24 similar to the FAR because they believe that 32 is "too much" for those weapons as well tbi.

It still doesn't put up in a firefight against a N-tec or any other Assault Rifle. And 20 bullets per mag is very low for a Assault Rifle, even if it's supposed to be a hybrid. 

5 hours ago, Roblo said:

It still doesn't put up in a firefight against a N-tec or any other Assault Rifle. And 20 bullets per mag is very low for a Assault Rifle, even if it's supposed to be a hybrid. 

It's not designed to combat the NTEC at all though especially at range, even if it has 50m range (swear i thought it was 40m).

It's designed around sub 40m fights, and it's really rough around the edges even then and often does best at the ~20m range. It's magsize is because it was originally designed almost exactly as a joker carbine with full auto, but with better starting accuracy and worse end bloom. Its mag is fine as is imo because of the original intent of the gun. The weapon itself has "other" issues I feel that could be buffed instead (such as max bloom or bloom gain).

A lot of hybrid weapons do not exactly "fit" within the niche they are given, this one is one of them. Think of it as a full auto carbine. Another would be the ISSR-A (sniper designed for AR), S1NA (being forced into MM like an AR), and even ATAC (Rifle designed as a pointman weapon). Aside from ATAC they all have their own issues with balance because they dont really "fit" where they are, or their general stats with accuracy, rof, bloom, or ttk, were borked on creation.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

It's not designed to combat the NTEC at all though especially at range, even if it has 50m range (swear i thought it was 40m).

It's designed around sub 40m fights, and it's really rough around the edges even then and often does best at the ~20m range. It's magsize is because it was originally designed almost exactly as a joker carbine with full auto, but with better starting accuracy and worse end bloom. Its mag is fine as is imo because of the original intent of the gun. The weapon itself has "other" issues I feel that could be buffed instead (such as max bloom or bloom gain).

A lot of hybrid weapons do not exactly "fit" within the niche they are given, this one is one of them. Think of it as a full auto carbine. Another would be the ISSR-A (sniper designed for AR), S1NA (being forced into MM like an AR), and even ATAC (Rifle designed as a pointman weapon). Aside from ATAC they all have their own issues with balance because they dont really "fit" where they are, or their general stats with accuracy, rof, bloom, or ttk, were borked on creation.

Why the hell didn't they just make it as a joker carbine then?

4 hours ago, Roblo said:

Why the hell didn't they just make it as a joker carbine then?

It is very similar to the Joker Carbine while being fully automatic. I'm assuming thats why its not in the "Semi-Automatic Rifle" category.

Like Noob_Guardian stated above, its not meant to compete against N-TECs at 50 meters. It's designed as a hybrid AR/Carbine rifle.

I think the ammo count and the magazine size is fine as it is.

Edited by ExoticZ
  • Like 1

Why is it listed as a Assault Rifle then? It makes no sense that it's listed as one if it's not gonna be used as one. 

12 hours ago, Roblo said:

Why is it listed as a Assault Rifle then? It makes no sense that it's listed as one if it's not gonna be used as one. 

Because hybrid weapons mean they are meant to fill an inbetween niche, OR act as a similar weapon, but level up the "other" role.

Look at Aces Rifle, can't compete against ntec, but does well if used right otherwise similar to a pointman weapon, it levels up rifleman role, but is a complete pointman weapon.

Like the ISSR-A sucks terribly in the AR role, as the ISSR-B is the much better "sniper" variant. But is played almost exactly the same but more mid range than -b.

S1NA acting like a rifleman in MM but leveling pointman.

ATAC leveling rifleman, but being a psuedo pointman weapon.

Hybrid weapons don't mean they are meant to "compete" with everything easily in both niches that they are made in, nor is it mean to compete against the "best" weapon in that role that it is given. Hybrids are there to fill a niche gap and provide a functioning weapon that may act as "1" role, but level another.

As such the Cobr-A is meant to be similar to a full auto joker carbine, and fill a similar niche as the joker (aka not compete against the ntec at 50m). It also used to have an atrocious 1.2ttk. (I actually hated the buff originally because it felt like a direct nerf until i got used to it)

Also, weapon functionality effects which role a weapon is in. You won't ever see a full auto in the "rifleman" category (least i hope not) because it's all burst/semi auto weapons.

Having a range of 50m kicks it out of the pointman category which is ~30m, and it can't be an lmg or sniper. That leaves rifleman being the ideal category for it as it is full auto.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Because hybrid weapons mean they are meant to fill an inbetween niche, OR act as a similar weapon, but level up the "other" role.

Look at Aces Rifle, can't compete against ntec, but does well if used right otherwise similar to a pointman weapon, it levels up rifleman role, but is a complete pointman weapon.

Like the ISSR-A sucks terribly in the AR role, as the ISSR-B is the much better "sniper" variant. But is played almost exactly the same but more mid range than -b.

S1NA acting like a rifleman in MM but leveling pointman.

ATAC leveling rifleman, but being a psuedo pointman weapon.

Hybrid weapons don't mean they are meant to "compete" with everything easily in both niches that they are made in, nor is it mean to compete against the "best" weapon in that role that it is given. Hybrids are there to fill a niche gap and provide a functioning weapon that may act as "1" role, but level another.

As such the Cobr-A is meant to be similar to a full auto joker carbine, and fill a similar niche as the joker (aka not compete against the ntec at 50m). It also used to have an atrocious 1.2ttk. (I actually hated the buff originally because it felt like a direct nerf until i got used to it)

Also, weapon functionality effects which role a weapon is in. You won't ever see a full auto in the "rifleman" category (least i hope not) because it's all burst/semi auto weapons.

Having a range of 50m kicks it out of the pointman category which is ~30m, and it can't be an lmg or sniper. That leaves rifleman being the ideal category for it as it is full auto.

Oh I see, I'll just stick to my Scoped N-tec PR2 then 😛

12 hours ago, Roblo said:

Oh I see, I'll just stick to my Scoped N-tec PR2 then 😛

Just as a heads up, the scoped ntec is different from (and usually considered inferior) when compared to the normal ntec.

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, Roblo said:

How so? 

scoped ntec has worse strafing accuracy in marksman mode. It's got better in marksman mode accuracy though. I also believe that it's functionality wasn't nerfed with the normal NTEC's in the last 1-2 ntec changes (I could be wrong). Most would consider it worse because of the strafing thing. You know... because "mobility is one of the most important aspects of this game"

I'm sure there's other reasons, but that's the one that sticks out the most i think.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

scoped ntec has worse strafing accuracy in marksman mode. It's got better in marksman mode accuracy though. I also believe that it's functionality wasn't nerfed with the normal NTEC's in the last 1-2 ntec changes (I could be wrong). Most would consider it worse because of the strafing thing. You know... because "mobility is one of the most important aspects of this game"

I'm sure there's other reasons, but that's the one that sticks out the most i think.

Hmmm, in my opinion it isn't too bad when you strafe. I get hackusated whenever I use it.