Nymphi-DoubleDee

Glad to see things haven't changed...

So, after getting my account back, going through stuff, and shaking off a bit of rust (even though there is a lot there), I am glad to see that 255 Gold's are still roaming the streets of the Bronze District.

As a side note, why do I have to install BattleEye every time I start up APB? Just curious.

I have noticed that it does load faster, so at least that's nice.

you shouldn’t have to i think

are you starting apb through the launcher?

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

you shouldn’t have to i think

are you starting apb through the launcher?

Steam, and then the regular APB Launcher.

Checks DX and installs BattleEye the last few times.

9 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Checks DX and installs BattleEye the last few times.

You might want to disable auto-update for APB on steam. AFAIK steam has a much older version of APB. Every time you sync the game through the launcher, after exiting the game steam wants to sync with the files they have. This is how I have it.

• Like 1

use a shortcut of apb exe. fixed.

wait for LO to bring the 3.5 update(soon( and then let them fix matmaking and stuff. be patient

• Thanks 1

Little Orbit had this game for  a month and they STILL haven't solved nuclear fusion energy or world hunger. Absolutely unacceptable, uninstalling. 

Edited by Iggyazaleaomg
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Usas said:

You might want to disable auto-update for APB on steam. AFAIK steam has a much older version of APB. Every time you sync the game through the launcher, after exiting the game steam wants to sync with the files they have. This is how I have it.

That's probably the issue. Thanks. ^.^ I'll try it later, once all the Tryhards go to bed for school tomorrow.

LO just bought the game, it's taking time to move things. you seem like not having patience over the game. just wait.

Battle eye replaced failfight and you have to install it to play APB now.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

we still have fairfight afaik

To disable directx and Battleye installs when you're playing APB, go to your steam folder, APB folder, locate a file called TPI.xml and edit it with a notepad.

Delete the following lines:

<InstallerInfo>
<Name>DirectX</Name>
<DllRelativePath>DirectX\DirectXInstaller.DLL</DllRelativePath>
<SetupFileRelativePath>DirectX\DirectX_June2010program</SetupFileRelativePath>
</InstallerInfo>

And the one that has the name BattleEye or something. But it should look the same as the one above just possibly <Name>BattleEye</Name> instead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PTCntte said:

LO just bought the game, it's taking time to move things. you seem like not having patience over the game. just wait.

Wut? It was mainly about BattleEye installing when launching from the launcher... Every time.

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yes, but every time you start it up?

4 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

To disable directx and Battleye installs when you're playing APB, go to your steam folder, APB folder, locate a file called TPI.xml and edit it with a notepad.

Delete the following lines:

<InstallerInfo>
<Name>DirectX</Name>
<DllRelativePath>DirectX\DirectXInstaller.DLL</DllRelativePath>
<SetupFileRelativePath>DirectX\DirectX_June2010program</SetupFileRelativePath>
</InstallerInfo>

And the one that has the name BattleEye or something. But it should look the same as the one above just possibly <Name>BattleEye</Name> instead.

6 hours ago, NiVaKi said:

use a shortcut of apb exe. fixed.

wait for LO to bring the 3.5 update(soon( and then let them fix matmaking and stuff. be patient

Like NiVaki said, using the APBprogram shortcut on the desktop solved this. 

13 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Only use the launcher for patching. Just launch the exe of APB and be done with the weird stuff that the launcher does.

It messes up your config.ini's for example by replacing them with default ones. That's a big no-no for me.

It's also know for installing things like direct-x IX on machines which have direct-x X on them

It also installs an old version of an nVidia lib which is of course also bounced by the OS

Edited by Gamma64c
formatting...

Give it time.

They just bought APB/G1, and just released a new anti cheat in a very short timeframe, the game itself hasn't been touched, so why would dethreaters be gone all of a sudden?

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

Give it time.

They just bought APB/G1, and just released a new anti cheat in a very short timeframe, the game itself hasn't been touched, so why would dethreaters be gone all of a sudden?

Because the ol' "There's no one to play with!" argument.

Though, I do also understand that right now, BattleEye is collecting data, and some people are going a little ham at the moment.But then there are some names that I see that seem to never leave Bronze, and always Gold.

3 hours ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Because the ol' "There's no one to play with!" argument.

Though, I do also understand that right now, BattleEye is collecting data, and some people are going a little ham at the moment.But then there are some names that I see that seem to never leave Bronze, and always Gold.

They only need to dip out of Bronze for like a second before they're allowed back in.