Hello, I don't write in the forum often but I checked a video about Call of Duty Warzone and it seems that they are doing a great job keeping most of the hackers out of the game.

Here is the link for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6r0cHwaaM&t=420s

In this video the guy explains what measures have been place to combat the hackers. What does the community think of this? Should @MattScott take note as a developer?

• Like 2

*logs into second pc*

*logs into third pc* ...

*use throw away phone* ...

these measures just inconvenience regular players while hackers already know how to bypass it entirely

Just now, FakeBungo said:

*logs into second pc*

*logs into third pc* ...

As he explains ppl have tried this with no good results. He also states that because this is an online game hackers will never be gone but if you put engough barries in the way they might be discourage.

• Like 2

yeah, it's a lucrative business. it'll truly never be gone unless we implement something wild like perma-banning people's driver's licenses which obviously would never happen.

• Like 1

You can never stop cheaters, but the more measures you can take without impact for non-cheaters, the better. 

Edited by Infinito

52 minutes ago, RodriguesPTF said:

As he explains ppl have tried this with no good results. He also states that because this is an online game hackers will never be gone but if you put engough barries in the way they might be discourage.

toxic people who take delight in others suffering only get encouraged more by the rush of defiling others who feel more secure.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

toxic people who take delight in others suffering only get encouraged more by the rush of defiling others who feel more secure.

Yes thats true but it is up to us to ignore them. but this topic is about the measuers and their effect not about toxic players. There will always be cheating and toxic players with hacks or not what we need is to lower that number.

20 minutes ago, RodriguesPTF said:

Yes thats true but it is up to us to ignore them. but this topic is about the measuers and their effect not about toxic players. There will always be cheating and toxic players with hacks or not what we need is to lower that number.

two problems with that. 1 ignoring is why we don't announce bans ( its already being done ) and 2 the toxicity and cheating are both  part of the same problem  when referring to cheaters and go hand in hand.

I also do not know what Little Orbit already does , since it was mentioned in the past about  making more changes to the anti cheat methods  , so it is unknown to me what they do now.

contrary to other people i know  there are bans

I witnessed one two weeks ago when a blatant cheater went  poof in front of me , and have not seen any blatant  cheaters since so I do not believe they returned

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

two problems with that. 1 ignoring is why we don't announce bans ( its already being done ) and 2 the toxicity and cheating are both  part of the same problem  when referring to cheaters and go hand in hand.

I also do not know what Little Orbit already does , since it was mentioned in the past about  making more changes to the anti cheat methods  , so it is unknown to me what they do now.

contrary to other people i know  there are bans

I witnessed one two weeks ago when a blatant cheater went  poof in front of me , and have not seen any blatant  cheaters since so I do not believe they returned

Agreed. Yes they do come hand to hand and thats why LO does not promote the name of the ppl who get banned but i don´t really think that's important. What is important is that they do get baned.

What i meant was we as players should just ignore them by this i meant like staying AFK in the mission when there is a cheater or kick his as because in APB hackers most of the time if you have a good team u can get their as kicked or even not asnwering toxic whispers or don´t even rage just go with it. The hacker will just tired himself most of the time.

I do see blatant ccheaters getting ban the problem is the private ones. There are many players who are max rank and hack and those do not get banned. Please avoid saying i am a noob since i have been playing this since its close beta and i know what a "cheater" is like and i do actually enjoy getting my ask kick my legit players with new and good tactis. Humam main is briliant! 

I just want more barries to be implemented to counter hackers, and i actually think that the measures state on the video are good ones.

Edited by RodriguesPTF

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

yeah, it's a lucrative business. it'll truly never be gone unless we implement something wild like perma-banning people's driver's licenses which obviously would never happen.

A non-profit organization in charge of centralized authentication of people on the internet will be needed in the future.

Besides an internet 'licence', gamedevs need to design their game in a way where cheating wouldn't give an advantage (i.e. because the ability is already in the game),
add consistency checks to prevent cheats by client reverse-engineering,
& send information to the client only when the server judges it should be sent.

Those kinds of check would make lag more apparent & require more CPU-time on the server,
but we're at a point were parallel computation & widespread fiber optic Internet access are good enough to make it viable.

Edited by Talla

6 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

*logs into second pc*

*logs into third pc* ...

these measures just inconvenience regular players while hackers already know how to bypass it entirely

in which instance do regular players become inconvenienced from having their hardware banned and requiring a SMS verification?

Anyway, i don't think there is an elegant solution to hacking really, so i am down.
Short term solution, though.

2 hours ago, Talla said:

A non-profit organization in charge of centralized authentication of people on the internet will be needed in the future.

hahahahahahaha

no

2 hours ago, Talla said:

Absolutely not; not in any way, shape, or form.

1 hour ago, Bellenettiel said:

in which instance do regular players become inconvenienced from having their hardware banned and requiring a SMS verification?

not everyone has a cell phone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

toxic people who take delight in others suffering

Sociopaths. 

Mack gets mad a hackers in apb, goes to warthunder, see's lag spikes under fire from 30 miles away, n spends 3 days hacusating based on the fact they have the same anticheat. Additionally the launcher has a click box for the anticheat, so one could unclick this.

I have come to the conclusion that online video games are basically Cheat Collages. A place for them to practice their hack skills, the challenge and risk being getting caught and or using the right hack at the right time on your hacking opponent.

These people have no respect for the Theme of the game, whether its WW2, cops n robbers, sci-fi, its simply a means to an end. Giving them 'Jolly Points' with their hacking peers. 

I dont wanna come in here throwing shade, but i have absolutely no faith in EZ anti cheat. One thing I had suggested was to have a monthly report on bann's excluding the names of the players. Just so we had some nuance that it was working. 

Now put yourself in my shoes, technically I don't know pattootie about hacking, The administration says its working, all of my playing peers say its a worthless program easily by-passed, I see blantants in warthunder, I still have lag spikes in apb and or am knocked off the server if i chat too much, in-other-words if the hacker don't wanna listen to me, he drops some code n I disappear. With that in mind, What am I suppose to believe. 

4 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I have personally seen a blatant banned and never return from two weeks  ago.

In the past cheaters/hackers loved the attention no matter how little and  a ban list of any kind would encourage them to pump those numbers up to freak people out , and they would succeed at that

there's time I have been misinformed in the past from what G1 and the forums said back then , and when i was wrong i openly apologized ( you cant keep it real if you don't keep it honest )

With that said , you know I am telling what I know about that ban to be as accurate as I can make it , and how I've kept an eye out for them ever since , and have not seen them once they disappeared.

no anti cheat is 100 percent but i firmly believe we shot that blatant down hard even without a list. ( helps i witnessed it of course but that's why i share the knowledge of it )

that's reason enough for pizza and beer to unwind and relax knowing EAC is doing something. ( unless you  like something else that  works with pizza too  , you know whatever you want/legal  to drink )

• Like 1

EaC anti cheat does work, one Thai cheater who cheated on and off a year+ finally banned by EaC.

last cheater I saw was some max rank Brazilian player using triggerbot + macros. 

Just some cheaters living off apb everyday, they just not right in the head so cheating in apb is pretty much their therapy. 

Edited by Deadliest

16 hours ago, RodriguesPTF said:

Hello, I don't write in the forum often but I checked a video about Call of Duty Warzone and it seems that they are doing a great job keeping most of the hackers out of the game.

Here is the link for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6r0cHwaaM&t=420s

In this video the guy explains what measures have been place to combat the hackers. What does the community think of this? Should @MattScott take note as a developer?

they dont use a anticheat , they are too afriad of loosing people with how low the pop is so they turned it off

(my opinion as this is what it feels like they did)

10 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

they dont use a anticheat , they are too afriad of loosing people with how low the pop is so they turned it off

(my opinion as this is what it feels like they did)

You guys are moving off topic. What i wanted to discuss is what new measuers can be implement not if LO has a anticheat in place or not.

1 hour ago, RodriguesPTF said:

You guys are moving off topic. What i wanted to discuss is what new measuers can be implement not if LO has a anticheat in place or not.

and you just moved off topic by saying we moved off topic without adding anything for the topic... lol

anyways , given the  low population , the low if any funding for APB , and unknown knowledge on our part of actual ban numbers with whom what where and so on , it is a safe bet to say that only Little Orbit can truly say what is possible , what is not , what would be liked to see happen and or tried , and what is unrealistic.

And this conclusion of mine is because of the fact that Little Orbit has to work with a lot more than just anti cheating , but the APB servers and any other expenses as a whole as well.

coming up wit ideas is fine , but can we implement them here and fund it ,  is just as important as well.

16 hours ago, Talla said:

I will literally pay you a grand if that happens in my life time.