Visionaireh

APB and RTX GPU's

Hey all.

I am planning on upgrading my whole PC including getting a new RTX graphics.

Issue is I have heard a lot of people comlplain about crashes or being unable to play the game with RTX. 

Is that still a thing and if it does is there a workaround?

rtx 2080, running the game vanilla ends up with out of memory crashes every 10-20 minutes

the current workaround is to either lower your graphical settings with advanced launcher or use a config to achieve similar results, depending on how much you value stable fps over graphics this might be something you’re already doing

afaik the rtx specific crashes are not happening on the current engine upgrade beta builds, but i’m not 100% certain and the engine upgrade is still weeks/months away from a public release

lastly, i wouldn’t recommend using current apb as a benchmark when building a pc - putting aside that we’ll be running on the engine upgrade build at some point in the near future, apb is unstable and performance varies from person to person

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 404 said:

rtx 2080, running the game vanilla ends up with out of memory crashes every 10-20 minutes

the current workaround is to either lower your graphical settings with advanced launcher or use a config to achieve similar results, depending on how much you value stable fps over graphics this might be something you’re already doing

afaik the rtx specific crashes are not happening on the current engine upgrade beta builds, but i’m not 100% certain and the engine upgrade is still weeks/months away from a public release

lastly, i wouldn’t recommend using current apb as a benchmark when building a pc - putting aside that we’ll be running on the engine upgrade build at some point in the near future, apb is unstable and performance varies from person to person

Hey, thanks alot for the answer.

First of all, I am not using apb as benchmarking, just taking it into consideration so I'll know what I am entering into.

Second, I am getting the RTX 2070 Super. Do you might know if it has the same issue as the 2080?

6 minutes ago, Visionaireh said:

Second, I am getting the RTX 2070 Super. Do you might know if it has the same issue as the 2080?

All of Nvidia's DDR6 based cards (so 20 series and some 16 series) have this issue as it's partly a driver issue.

As mentioned by  @404 lowering the setting can reduce the chances of the crashes happening, but there is no way to fully make sure they don't happen at this time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Visionaireh said:

Hey, thanks alot for the answer.

First of all, I am not using apb as benchmarking, just taking it into consideration so I'll know what I am entering into.

as far as i know it’s every rtx card

• Thanks 1

I've got a regular RTX 2070 and I can play without crashes...

baylan freezes on respawn screen every now and then, but it's fixable for me by just minimizing the game, waiting a few seconds and maximising again.

(I keep my drivers updated)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

All of Nvidia's DDR6 based cards (so 20 series and some 16 series) have this issue as it's partly a driver issue.

As mentioned by  @404 lowering the setting can reduce the chances of the crashes happening, but there is no way to fully make sure they don't happen at this time.

54 minutes ago, 404 said:

as far as i know it’s every rtx card

Alright, I see. Thanks a lot you two, appreciate it!

This can be closed now. 🙂

This topic has been closed as per OP's request.

~@mayii