Sign in to follow this  
snzhkhd

This game is broken!

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker of this language.
Why is it that when I respawn, the enemy is already near and killing me?
Why is it possible to kill someone in a jump?
Why is there such a thing as macros in this game?
No one needs You to improve the graphics. What is the point of this if the game is not technically perfect?
I have studied the source code of Unreal Engine 3 for a long time and I can't believe that it can't be fixed.
The reporting system doesn't work at all. Does anyone check these reports at all? So what is it for? Just to calm the players down and make it look like it's working?
I'm almost sure that none of You are playing this game, go on a mission, play and You will see all the problems that players have been trying to convey to You for so long. You can delete it, but you will confirm my words.
Thanks for your attention.

This thread has been moved to the APB General Discussions section of our forums.

~@mayii

8 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

poor spawn choice combined with a subpar spawn system

bullets do damage?

how would you suggest little orbit stops macros?

keep in mind that a majority of macro users are simply using built-in mouse software 

No one needs You to improve the graphics. What is the point of this if the game is not technically perfect?

the graphics are not a priority, nor have they ever been stated to be afaik

I have studied the source code of Unreal Engine 3 for a long time and I can't believe that it can't be fixed.

if you've studied the source code of ue3 so hard, then you should understand just how much stuff rtw had to code from scratch because it just didn't exist in the ue3 build that apb uses - all that custom code is why fixes are difficult to impossible in apb, not ue3 itself

The reporting system doesn't work at all. Does anyone check these reports at all? So what is it for? Just to calm the players down and make it look like it's working?

considering your earlier questions, i can only point out that just because you report someone you "know" is cheating doesnt mean they're actually cheating

• Like 3

Why is it that when I respawn, the enemy is already near and killing me? Use your protection time wisely
Why is it possible to kill someone in a jump? Because it is an arcade shooter.
Why is there such a thing as macros in this game? Macros are not helpful.
No one needs You to improve the graphics. What is the point of this if the game is not technically perfect? Aesthetics > Graphics
I have studied the source code of Unreal Engine 3 for a long time and I can't believe that it can't be fixed.  Hilarious joke that shows you really don't know.
The reporting system doesn't work at all. Does anyone check these reports at all? So what is it for? Just to calm the players down and make it look like it's working? What are you reporting for that you need to report so much.
I'm almost sure that none of You are playing this game, go on a mission, play and You will see all the problems that players have been trying to convey to You for so long. You can delete it, but you will confirm my words. I played today and yesterday for the first time in a long time.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

dude! u posted cringe!!! apoundofflesh is gonna agree with you and everyone is gonna think ure a noob!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, claude said:

dude! u posted cringe!!! apoundofflesh is gonna agree with you and everyone is gonna think ure a noob!!!

My threat level is gold. what are you talking about??

Merged.

7 hours ago, 404 said:

as an example, in the game RUST is simply forbidden to log in to the game using mice on which you can make a macro

Merged.

7 hours ago, 404 said:

if you've studied the source code of ue3 so hard, then you should understand just how much stuff rtw had to code from scratch because it just didn't exist in the ue3 build that apb uses - all that custom code is why fixes are difficult to impossible in apb, not ue3 itself

Many of the things I see in apb are in the build. A lot of things that are related to weapons are in the Assembly. There is even shooting, with proper delays between shots. Nevertheless, GamersFirst somehow managed to break this and gave the opportunity to shoot with a pistol at the speed of a machine gun. Why this could not have been foreseen remains a mystery

Merged.

7 hours ago, 404 said:

I meant various things, clothes, skins for weapons, and so on

Merged.

7 hours ago, 404 said:

keep in mind that a majority of macro users are simply using built-in mouse software 

Please note that the developer partner is RAZER gaming mice! These are the ones that support macros.
here either to do a complete ban on these mice or to process the shooting system, so that macros would not make sense. But who will do it? That's right-nobody

37 minutes ago, snzhkhd said:

as an example, in the game RUST is simply forbidden to log in to the game using mice on which you can make a macro

37 minutes ago, snzhkhd said:

here either to do a complete ban on these mice or to process the shooting system, so that macros would not make sense. But who will do it? That's right-nobody

rust is the only game i know of that bans mouse software, how do they account for people who may legitimately need to use a macro?

40 minutes ago, snzhkhd said:

GamersFirst somehow managed to break this and gave the opportunity to shoot with a pistol at the speed of a machine gun

you're going to have to be more specific on which pistol, but a macro cannot make a gun fire faster than its coded rate of fire

for example the fbw can only fire once every .2s - a macro will allow you to fire exactly every .2s (give or take a few ms) but it will not be able to make the fbw fire once every .1s instead

42 minutes ago, snzhkhd said:

I meant various things, clothes, skins for weapons, and so on

im fairly certain the artists designing cosmetic items are not the same people working on the engine upgrade, and even some of that stuff is being held back until the engine upgrade releases

7 minutes ago, 404 said:

for example the fbw can only fire once every .2s - a macro will allow you to fire exactly every .2s (give or take a few ms) but it will not be able to make the fbw fire once every .1s instead

this is no longer the case. it used to be. and thanks to this, APB was awarded the title-a game for macros

• Thanks 1

Just now, snzhkhd said:

this is no longer the case. it used to be. and thanks to this, APB was awarded the title-a game for macros

this is still the case, otherwise you would be killed instantly by fbw users instead of in 1s

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

ha ha! very funny

8 hours ago, 404 said:

poor spawn choice combined with a subpar spawn system

bullets do damage?

considering your earlier questions, i can only point out that just because you report someone you "know" is cheating doesnt mean they're actually cheating

Sup.

The guy puts important things on the agenda. We all have a right to an opinion, but your comment looks at least mocking. I'm not going to stir up a row or poke you in the face, just think about what it looks like.

I absolutely agree with the OP, so I will clarify a couple of points:

1) Weapons in the game are not broken, they are rather poorly balanced or poor designed in the first place, which allows you to get an advantage using macros. Yes, it really can't actually shoot faster than it is embedded in the scripts, but the compensation of the recoil and the preservation of a clearly measured, without stuttering, automatic fire mode at the cost of a lazy click on one button actually ruins the entire competition.
I'm impressed with people who don't care, and even more so with those who don't see it as a cheating. Ru server was shut down in many ways by the widespread use of macros - people just started leaving. There are no more games like this. I was there and I know what I'm talking about. Where will you go after the Euro closed for the same reason, joker?

2) The reporting system doesn't really seem to work. And it's not just that people are wrongly reporting everyone, how well you made fun of it. For example, a week ago I personally was upset with a guy who rammed other players with a truck without being on a mission in order to have fun. He even has a nickname written so that contact with him is difficult. This phenomenon is called grieffing or ghosting and is not acceptable. And what about those guys who deliberately lower the threat level at the cost of their teammates time and nerves? And I'm not just talking about my own team now, when such a fool appears in the opposite team, it spoils my game no less. You need to respect others and put up with their point of view and human rights. Those who do not follow these truisms should be punished. No exceptions.
I understand that if all those involved in violations are banned, then there will simply be no one to play, and yet, sending a report at least some result is expected.

I have said all that I thought necessary at this time, and I am not going to respond to comments of this nature any more.
APB is going through difficult times, many of us understand this and patiently wait for action from the LO. We, players, love this game. And whoever has it, as long as they try to make things better, they are our friend. I wish LO good luck, because the fate of the project directly depends on success or failure.

Your dislikes only confirm that the game has long been dead as well as its community...unfortunately

57 minutes ago, JohnnyDoe said:

Weapons in the game are not broken, they are rather poorly balanced or poor designed in the first place, which allows you to get an advantage using macros. Yes, it really can't actually shoot faster than it is embedded in the scripts, but the compensation of the recoil and the preservation of a clearly measured, without stuttering, automatic fire mode at the cost of a lazy click on one button actually ruins the entire competition.
I'm impressed with people who don't care, and even more so with those who don't see it as a cheating. Ru server was shut down in many ways by the widespread use of macros - people just started leaving. There are no more games like this. I was there and I know what I'm talking about. Where will you go after the Euro closed for the same reason, joker?

recoil scripts are a legitimate issue, but that's generally far more in-depth than what a majority of mouse software allows

as far as my opinion on rof macros, most weapons just aren't as useful when fired at max rof and even if they were those weapons are balanced around that max rof - sure a person might be able to undeservedly win fights they may not have otherwise, but at the end of the day they aren't really doing anything that anyone with decent muscle memory couldn't

thats not to say that macros should be officially allowed, but i don't think they're anything near a priority

1 hour ago, JohnnyDoe said:

2) The reporting system doesn't really seem to work. And it's not just that people are wrongly reporting everyone, how well you made fun of it. For example, a week ago I personally was upset with a guy who rammed other players with a truck without being on a mission in order to have fun. He even has a nickname written so that contact with him is difficult. This phenomenon is called grieffing or ghosting and is not acceptable. And what about those guys who deliberately lower the threat level at the cost of their teammates time and nerves? And I'm not just talking about my own team now, when such a fool appears in the opposite team, it spoils my game no less. You need to respect others and put up with their point of view and human rights. Those who do not follow these truisms should be punished. No exceptions.
I understand that if all those involved in violations are banned, then there will simply be no one to play, and yet, sending a report at least some result is expected.

all of those people are reportable so i'm not sure what that has to do with anything

if you're complaining that they are still in the game, keep in mind that some offenses start off with lighter punishments (temporary bans) and escalate possibly several times before a permanent ban is issued

18 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

Why is it that when I respawn, the enemy is already near and killing me? I would like to tell it's a casuality, but the true is the game it's old, after remake and remake missions around the same place everytime, you may arrive to suppose  where you spawn and also where your opponents may spawn.

I read somewhere LO has planned to add more time of invincibility after respawn after  the Engine update...
Why is it possible to kill someone in a jump? Because APB is a bunch of poser players XD. About it sincerly I dont got it why it's a problem for you.
Why is there such a thing as macros in this game? Gaming mouse... in short words "SEEM" Game companies(LO included) cant go against mouse producers' companies and LO "SEEM" lazy to make all weapon automatic...(but I guess also some old players especially will be against this change)
No one needs You to improve the graphics. What is the point of this if the game is not technically perfect? Game is kinda old, need appeal, restalying and refreshing, it's all kinda of "all in" business investement, we will see what will happen (the main question is... WHEN? XD )
I have studied the source code of Unreal Engine 3 for a long time and I can't believe that it can't be fixed. .... you arent the first one and probabily the last... me too I have some doubts so I am 50 to 50 about it, but check around Matt scott tracking EU, there are screens, info etc..  then get your consideration****

I'm almost sure that none of You are playing this game, go on a mission, play and You will see all the problems that players have been trying to convey to You for so long. I asked a lot of times if the Reporting system is working because me too I have some doubts about it.. then I come to the conclusion YEP IT'S WORKING in some way but about time for see some actions... it's not so bad at the end certainly it's not one of the fastest available

You can delete it, but you will confirm my words. HUH
Thanks for your attention. Welcome to APB

*****Link below

Bye

21 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

I'm almost sure that none of You are playing this game, go on a mission, play and You will see all the problems that players have been trying to convey to You for so long. You can delete it, but you will confirm my words.

1. because people move around and in some cases you are in line of sight.

2 why would it not be killing you? you are not superman so bullets hurt.

3. because some people cheat at games because they suck at life? how is that Little Orbits fault for what someone else does against Little Orbit?

4. name a game that is perfectly made when humans are imperfect and thus impossible to make a perfect game.

5. fix one thing break two. it has always happened in front of us all. that truth was laid bare for 10+ years.

6. reports work but some reports are not based in reality of how APB is.  some of us players get reported for running someone over with a car.

7. of course we are playing what else do we have to do our lives suck being stuck at home with the corona virus.

5 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

because guns are server side and unless the server itself was hacked then this is physically impossible

4 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

Your dislikes only confirm that the game has long been dead as well as its community...unfortunately

no its saying that people know you are wrong.

10 hours ago, snzhkhd said:

ha ha! very funny

Not even gonna properly reply?

On 5/11/2020 at 4:52 PM, snzhkhd said:

Graphics are a plus to the new engine. If graphics were the only point of APB 2.1 im sure they would have released it already. 

On 5/11/2020 at 4:52 PM, snzhkhd said:

This very well could be true. I mean most of the buttons you press to cross the street are fake. So it could be that its all placebo.

But also keep in mind that the devs have almost everyone (but GM's who from what I learned aren't payed) are working on the engine. So it makes sense that they don't have the resources to go through each and every report ticket right now. Or maybe like other games just because you report someone doesn't mean that they will be banned.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, claude said:

Someone's self-confidence must be at a rock-bottom level if they are so concerned that people might think they are noob just because someone else agrees with them.

Other than that, I find it hard to believe OP has "studied" UE3 source code but doesn't know why there are macros. 

Spawns are trash though, reports go straight to the bin, unless you are a certain "streamer".

Edited by Sayori
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sayori said:

reports go straight to the bin

I have to disagree by saying not all go , and that's if they do since we don't really know.

I personally witnessed a blatant go poof in front of me around 2 weeks ago after myself and other district players reported him for being a blatant.

however op mentioned shooting someone whos jumping and i suspect op reported on that , which is not a valid cheating report , so that should go to the bin if op did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sayori said:

Someone's self-confidence must be at a rock-bottom level if they are so concerned that people might think they are noob just because someone else agrees with them.

woah fella, sorry the irony flew over your head, but seeing you'd have to be as closed-minded and as ignorant as pound to be a fan of his, I guess i should've expected it.

Edited by claude

On 5/11/2020 at 11:52 PM, snzhkhd said:

Answer: Because the spawn system is a LIL broken, or just because the enemy is ChEaTiNg, apparently impossible for most of peoples who believe that EAC is doing a great work :].

Answer: If someone jumps on your head, with his/her foots, what is gonna happen? I leave the real answer to you.

Answer: Because peoples think *Oh, i have macros inside my mouse settings, that means i can use them, and this won't be against the rules, right?* Wrong.

Answer: You clearly don't know nothing about this.

Answer: Only LO knows if that thing working, i hope it is honestly, but in anyway i also report via support tickets, si i don't really care about it working or not. I don't even know if anyone checks them, but theorically Customer Support? Im sure GM's investigate only Symbols and other simple stuff, if not directed by another team member that say to them what to do, but i don't think they have a Live system to catch all the reports like ETS2 MP / ATS MP.

Final Answer: I am more than sure im definetely playing more than you, but that's not important honestly. The thing is any company needs time to fix the shit amout of issues present in their games. Look at Anthem, EA fuck'd up, BioWare fuck'd up, they just killed that game, and now, only after few years, they are being much more silent, re-making / changing lots of stuff and Maybe, MAYBE, this game will be loved again, and popular, damn it it has less views on twitch than APB.

I have Many, Many tickets filled with bug reports, glitch, exploits, clips of cheaters, illegal content/outfits.

But can't do shit if they choosen to fix ALL of those, After the engine.

So.. if the game is still broken don't treat it's community as blind, ever.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this