Resine

Explosive range of Frage Grenade

Don't you think that explosive range of Frag nade is bit much?

Frag grenade covers 14m wide circle, dealing full 750 damage up to 8m wide circle.

From overall experience with it, being at both sides, throwing and being thrown at, it cover entire rooms, often being thrown together with teammates, leaving not much of a space to do anything.

From what we tested recently, if there are stairs, or standard size corridors if you react instantly sprinting away from Frag nade thrown in your direction - there is no running from it, you will take at least half the damage.

How amazing would it be to have skill requiring nades, one that needs a careful cooking and precision in throwing where receiving side could utilize room corner effectively to hide away taking no damage from lowly thrown nades.

• Like 4

No, can we stop with these ridiculous nerf suggestions already? Fucking hell.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Possibly. The 'Kill zone for a Pineapple is 5 meters, and 15m being the outside radius. 

However, in real life that is the 'Kill Zone'', in our world here they have to only penalize a certain amount of health, which may not be enough to kill the opponent like in real life. so maybe they add that buff for that reason. 

The range is perfectly fine but I'd like to have the visual effects represent it better. Every now and then it feels like you died to something that you shouldn't because the VFX is smaller than the actual range.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Resine said:

How amazing would it be to have skill requiring nades, one that needs a careful cooking and precision in throwing where receiving side could utilize room corner effectively to hide away taking no damage from lowly thrown nades.

So you want all nades nerfed then? This doesn't really apply to just Frag grenades. 
Nades are fine, most people who use frag nades are people learning how to nade effectively, don't take that away from them.
Have to agree with VanilleKeks here though, the actual range versus the visual range is very deceiving. As an Asylum dweller you learn to live with it, but a bigger pile of smoke would be nice.

nerf frags, 750dmg is too much for something that you can just throw at someone really far away and behind walls etc... what they really need to do is buff percs to 650 dmg at minimum because those require skill as you need to AIM at the person smh

sarcasm btw frags are fine. concs need a slight buff imo

Its a grenade...the grenades job is to explode and shoot shrapnel everywhere like thousands of tiny bullets.

3 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

nerf frags, 750dmg is too much for something that you can just throw at someone really far away and behind walls etc... what they really need to do is buff percs to 650 dmg at minimum because those require skill as you need to AIM at the person smh

sarcasm btw frags are fine. concs need a slight buff imo

The tiny fine print... concussions don't need the buff because they do 990 damage already. if you buff the damage u can kill the person in on accurate nade. if you buff the range it becomes way too overpowered. 

I personally think all the nades are fine the way they are

except the stun grenades...those should just be plain removed or at least reworked

• Like 1

Since we are now nerfing non-weapons. I think we should nerf the ammo supply box use timer from 30 seconds to 29 seconds to allow more counter play.

Also lets never go back to one shot concs. Those were cancer days.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Resine said:

Don't you think that explosive range of Frag nade is bit much?

Frag grenade covers 14m wide circle, dealing full 750 damage up to 8m wide circle.

From overall experience with it, being at both sides, throwing and being thrown at, it cover entire rooms, often being thrown together with teammates, leaving not much of a space to do anything.

From what we tested recently, if there are stairs, or standard size corridors if you react instantly sprinting away from Frag nade thrown in your direction - there is no running from it, you will take at least half the damage.

But....everyone already does those things; you require skill to make sure you cook the nade long enough that it explodes before they run but not long enough that it'll detonate in flight and fail to reach the target, nades were always meant to counter people using corners as cover, they're meant to force you out of cover or take damage/be killed. There's also skill in making sure those frags land anywhere near the target, you can't just hit G, throw a nade and it'll damage someone. This is why its important to have good reaction time and pay attention to your enemy, as well as listen, grenades make a beeping sound, giving you plenty of time to fall back to avoid them(unless its a perc.) This is especially applies to frags. As for stairs; of all four grenades that can roll(frags, concs, low yields and stuns), that scenario could easily happen with any of them just depending on how quickly you react and how long the nade is cooked; plus the distance the nade  might need to travel.

YOU can always run from grenades or at least minimize the damage done; most cover can block a grenade's damage as long as its big enough and tall enough to conceal a majority of the player. Also this is the primary reason why paying attention and having game sense is important. As mentioned above; all grenades expect Percs make a beeping noise when being cooked, not only that, as i said before as well, just noticing your enemies' actions can be a even better warning then the beeping noise itself. Throwing a grenade is one of the most predictable actions anyone in the game could ever do. 

Frags don't need a nerf.

• Like 2

Meanwhile:

LO get rid of supply box campers who used them as nade dispensors so they not gonna be abused.

Unholy 3 nades of low-yield got nerfed because they were frags with a bit shorter range.

Meanwhile, you:

Let's kill range of 2 frag nades, which anyone with ears, eyes and a bit of game experience can easily avoid.

By the way anything you do to hurt frags means people will most likely switch to percs or concussions. Both are locked behind levels of grenadier role. Your butthurt would get even bigger.

And if explosives are such bother to you, use Flak Jacket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

By the way anything you do to hurt frags means people will most likely switch to percs or concussions. Both are locked behind levels of grenadier role. Your butthurt would get even bigger.

I feel like everyone already switched to percs. It has been perc city lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kiida said:

No, can we stop with these ridiculous nerf suggestions already? Fucking hell.

How about you actually explain what's so ridiculous about this suggestion and stop being an a$$? Fucking hell.

He is right that frags are very strong and really easy to use because of their huge blast radius. If you haven't noticed, almost everyone is using them. There's a reason for that.

You can miss both nades by 5m and still kill the target, while with yields or percs you will barely scratch them (and concs obviously won't even hit).

I don't know about you but I would like it if fights in this game didn't revolve around spamming nades, or at least required you to aim those nades properly.

10 hours ago, WEISSDEATH said:

you require skill to make sure you cook the nade long enough that it explodes before they run but not long enough that it'll detonate in flight and fail to reach the target

The point is it doesn't actually require any skill because you can miss by literally 5 meters and still deal over 500dmg.

I can say "nice conc" when I die to a nicely aimed conc, but have you ever said "nice frag"? I don't think so.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 2

Guest Zilsux

Frags are fine the way they are. They are grenades not firecrackers.

You put a grenade inside a room with people, they die.

Stop trying to get my primary nerfed.

this is a parody "nerf this" post right?

someone please say yes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uke said:

How about you actually explain what's so ridiculous about this suggestion and stop being an a$$? Fucking hell.

Pass.

1 hour ago, Uke said:

I don't know about you but I would like it if fights in this game didn't revolve around spamming nades, or at least required you to aim those nades properly.

Okay, so we'll nerf the second least spammable grenade then.

Will we just take 'em all out apart from concs? Will that meet your desired skill floor?

24 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Pass.

Here's a thought. Don't talk if you don't have anything to say.

13 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Okay, so we'll nerf the second least spammable grenade then.

Will we just take 'em all out apart from concs? Will that meet your desired skill floor?

What don't you understand?

Edited by Uke
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Pass.

now that's some extremely good constructive criticism

next time do everyone a favor and just don't post lol

hot take: people complaining about people not explaining their opinion are making even more worthless posts than the people they're complaining about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 404 said:

hot take: people complaining about people not explaining their opinion are making even more worthless posts than the people they're complaining about

Says the guy who didn't say anything relevant to the thread yet. Can you just go away and let people have a proper discussion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uke said:

Says the guy who didn't say anything relevant to the thread yet. Can you just go away and let people have a proper discussion?

i thought i made my opinion pretty clear, but let me help out those among us who are a little slow

frags are fine, and have been fine for almost a decade

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 404 said:

i thought i made my opinion pretty clear, but let me help out those among us who are a little slow

frags are fine, and have been fine for almost a decade

Your opinion means nothing if it's not backed by logical arguments Mr Big Brain.

hot take: "frags are fine" is not an argument.

Amazing how you have 12k posts but don't know how to discuss.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 1

imagine proposing nerfing frag grenades and wondering why no one is taking your post seriously

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Uke said:

Your opinion means nothing if it's not backed by logical arguments Mr Big Brain.

hot take: "frags are fine" is not an argument.

Amazing how you have 12k posts but don't know how to discuss.

frags are the default grenade type and as such need to fulfill a similar role as the star, an all purpose option

their wider radius allows new players to maybe still hit other new players despite poor mechanical skills, and lets veteran players use them as area denial tools against other veterans who know not to stand around for 10s and get killed by 2 frags

not really sure what else to say since frags have remained unchanged since release iirc, why are they suddenly a problem now?

Edited by 404
typo
  • Like 3