Edited by Zascha

15 hours ago, SelttikS said:

Can we remove you?

If you have to ask, the answer is probably. "No."

32 minutes ago, Zascha said:

If you have to ask, the answer is probably. "No."

If you have to ask if we can remove LTL, the answer is probably. "No."

19 hours ago, SelttikS said:

True but the energizer is an indirect nerf because everyone used it anyway, but yes you are correct. I never really though of the 2.5k thing as a real nerf, just a chance to add something interesting to the boredom of it all and sort of a side buff to enf if they ever could witness someone worthwhile. Really wish they went back to all the old character mods just to liven things up a bit.

The PIG used to have 2 ammo capacity and both shots could be shot off nearly instantly.  The shotgun looking LTL went through multiple changes.  It had more range and at one point actually had the spread of a shotgun.

All LTL was also indirectly nerfed when G1 decreased the TTK of lelthal weapons.

LTL has been nerfed needlessly since G1.

I play in both factions I see no reason to change anything about it.
because in addition to stunning has to be made prison if not worth nothing the criminal raises again or is most of the time it may be useless to stun because it can not be made to prison in time or even be killed by another criminal

11 hours ago, Neonis said:

*Wall of text here*

This is probably the most thought out post of this thread and pretty well covers it all. +50 points for Gryffindor!

55 minutes ago, illgot said:

The PIG used to have 2 ammo capacity and both shots could be shot off nearly instantly.  The shotgun looking LTL went through multiple changes.  It had more range and at one point actually had the spread of a shotgun.

All LTL was also indirectly nerfed when G1 decreased the TTK of lelthal weapons.

LTL has been nerfed needlessly since G1.

The second part with the ttk being lowered i was aware of but not the first point, when was that if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't a ltl user way way back in the day, so i have some gaps in that knowledge.

Edited by SelttikS

No idea how any of this info entered OP's mind when it's fully explained completely in-game, either getting shot by it and being able to count to 8 at the maximum or trying it for yourself.

Edited by SLICKIEM

The only time LTL's would be considered OP is when a group of Dethreaters use them in Bronze district. And still they aren't that strong even then. 

The one exception I can think of is when a cheater, or group of cheaters, use LTL on reroll(s) and go full blatant with them for the sUpR3m3 tR0LLz. And thats a pretty rare occurence.

Others here have already stated disadvantages of using LTLs.

Edited by Kino

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

uVZtOdT.gif

4 hours ago, SelttikS said:

.The second part with the ttk being lowered i was aware of but not the first point, when was that if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't a ltl user way way back in the day, so i have some gaps in that knowledge.

When RTW was running APB.  Not only was LTL on par with lethal at least with TTS/TTK, but the weapons themselves were more functional.  The PIG back then had 2 ammo capacity so you could charge a player and due to the longer TTK could get a double tap and stun a crim before you died.  It still had something like a 10 meter range so it wasn't an option for anything beyond CQC.

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

When RTW was running APB.  Not only was LTL on par with lethal at least with TTS/TTK, but the weapons themselves were more functional.  The PIG back then had 2 ammo capacity so you could charge a player and due to the longer TTK could get a double tap and stun a crim before you died.  It still had something like a 10 meter range so it wasn't an option for anything beyond CQC.

Ah I see, yeah my potato didn't run very well back then so ltl wasn't even an option i cared to try back then. Thanks for the info

I have seen many times people complain about LTL. And it depends, LTL is only truly OP if you don't miss a shot (ahem hackers. who, lets be real, use it to troll) and arrest all the team in less than 3 secs. But aside from that, I think the main problem here is that criminals don't have something like that. You say they can ram raid? yeah, good luck with cops camping you. What we need is a fun way to make a similar high risk high reward fighting tactic. I'd say melee but many have argued that it created more problems even. So we are back to square one.

But now the solution has been done. Arrest bonus bug was fixed. So I guess it's not that viable now. I think it has been leveled a bit to the "ram raid camping" problem.

So far this is the most disliked thread i seen on the new forum, good job mate!  ^^

• Like 1

I miss when NL9 worked like a real weapon, and actually fired Tazer Slugs, accurate to like 60m, like the ones in real life. G1 change it to pellet spread? Like... how does that even make sense? Rubber or non lethal rounds, generally would require more mass than... rubber buck shot?

On 6/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, Musul Man said:

There are things that must be fixed, that were never a good idea to begin with. Creating a big gap between Enforcers and Criminals, being beneficial only to enforcers. Like this game was planned to help enforcers from the start.

So far I have two aspects of the game that seem very unbalanced to me:

1- The non lethal weapons. Some are one shot stuns, others just stun faster than normal guns kill. Sometimes they even bug and end up killing you anyways. Overall no criminal is happy that these exist, mainly because we have nothing similar. IMHO it was a bad idea to add these, and now a fix will be difficult to find.

2- The cars. Some of the top tier police cars and vans have way more HP, weight and push than their criminal counterparts. That is about it. Of course the criminals can get these cars as well but not the same way. It's either with joker points or events like referral. And in most cases they can't be customized.

Does someone else agree on these points?

Wrong on all accounts. Subjective opinions with no real arguments, no real stats to back up anything just pure conjecture.

Your complaints about non lethal are absurd. If and when you play against someone with the absolute minimum amount of competency, you see how fast you are whipping out your usual meta-gun to stop messing around.

Also, basic logic, if there is one side you feel superior to the other...maybe stop crying and swap? Like seriously what is this even trying to accomplish? What decent player doesn't have a crim and enforcer character? you are given TWO slots even on free accounts like seriously whats up bro.

The complaints about the cars also similarly lacks any kind of context. If you are talking about the invincible minivan that takes 2 grenades and a few mag dumps to even scratch the paint on... I feel your pain, but those tend to be EXPLICITLY PAY TO WIN CASH SHOP CARS. I have complaints about them too, but to claim its muh' enforcers fault...when you can buy it on either side? Did i miss something? What the are you even talking about. Care to clarify? add context? post vehicle stats from the database? videos?

Edited by MEDIC!

On 6/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, Similarities said:

I never asked for it to be removed. I made a statement.

It's fine for folks to have a different opinion about it. I don't even care that they express it. But this bullshoot where folks make underhanded comments and act like bratty, spoiled children and spew hostility because someone has an opinion they don't like is beyond stupid. It is the very reason this community has a reputation for being toxic--it actually IS toxic.

I've already said it, but I guess you missed it. Grow up.

As previously mentioned, play with LTL for a day or two and you will realize how hopeless it is. Only reason Enforcers are using it is because of the Cop rank. 

So many times I've actually managed to stun someone but they're too far out and I can't reach them before stun duration ends. Also the advantage of if the enforcer is killed a criminal can free the captured criminal and avoid having to respawn. LTL is simply a gimmick for enforcers to level up the cop rank. 

LTL requires a whole different type of approach than a lethal weapon.

If you use LTL alone you have a steeper learning curve because you need to size the situations and see when is best to arrest someone and when is best to just flat out kill.

Doing LTL in a team is quite effective, specially if you have some sort of coordination.

However there are situations where LTL is just isnt viable and you need to go lethal.

Try this guide.. it could help you

Edited by Zealocke

How about we just remove all weapons, and end it with this.

SNR Snubnose.

STAR 556

On 6/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, Zascha said:

There is literally not a single thing about it that adds positive value to the game, and frankly, I'm tired of people complaining about it. Just remove it.

7 hours ago, Zascha said:

I never asked for it to be removed. I made a statement.

Short term memory loss can be a side effect of getting LTL pwned all the time, please seek treatment soon.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:42 AM, Gunsei said:

I miss when NL9 worked like a real weapon, and actually fired Tazer Slugs, accurate to like 60m, like the ones in real life. G1 change it to pellet spread? Like... how does that even make sense? Rubber or non lethal rounds, generally would require more mass than... rubber buck shot?

nl9 still fires electrical darts afaik, the shotgun spread thing was short lived

Make the nl9 be a stun over time with a slow effect.... also instead of just taking a knee when stunned they need to twitch on the ground... Yeah not gonna happen but would be funny.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Make the nl9 be a stun over time with a slow effect.... also instead of just taking a knee when stunned they need to twitch on the ground... Yeah not gonna happen but would be funny.

These are both actually good ideas, the problem is implementation. According to the devs, damage over time is a no-no in this version of the engine and they didn't have any animators for a while so any changes were out of the question.

The big problem with stunning as it stands for teammates who aren't in the know is that the "stunned" animation looks nearly identical to just crouching, leading to a lot of spoiled arrests in the heat of combat. If a stunned crim hit the deck when you got them it'd be a lot more obvious what was happening. There's a pretty big chance that the stunned animation being a kneel is to make it fit into the crouched hitbox, though.

I'm amazed that of all the new threads popping up in the Social District forum, this was the one that facilitated over 5 pages of discussion

I would have sworn this topic would have died before it reached page two when I saw it pop up last week

But, to contribute to the thread and just repeat what has been said 50 times before...

LTL is awful compared to lethal, and you are only punishing yourself when you choose to use it.

Enforcer's are not favored, stop it

Edited by Rapid99