Naphta1ene

The ATAC. Yay or nay?

On 5/22/2020 at 1:02 AM, Abduct / Devote said:

"how powerful or versatile" Bro, you and quite a few others were malding that it was outperforming in CQC. In reality, those guns won out more times than the Ntec did, lol. OCA dominated the NTEC in CQC. PMG and SGs played better in CQC battles too, because they work better with CQC scenarios. At longer ranges past 60, It was definitely outperformed better. It was great at it's main range, but not so "dominating" as you so claim it in the other areas. You're actually a Insult removed.    - Azukii, you and the others, for bullying the devs into nerfing it because of this. "They just nerfed cqc lol" No, they basically killed the gun, it wasn't just a "cqc nerf" and you know it. 

To your last point, I never claimed to power creep stuff to that point, you're purposefully misinterpreting to your narrative that is absolutely false and founded on a throne of f**king bull****. I will hit you with another line: You cannot keep nerfing things that hurt your feelings and still claim you want "balance." I MAINED OBIR/OBEYA, I didn't even TOUCH rifleman as much as them, and you all claim like you nerfed my crutch or something. Boy, you are all so delusional. There was nothing wrong with the NTEC in reality after the HB2 nerf, it was in a good state. But nope, even without other changes it was "too op" even though it hadn't ever been buffed? This is how we ended up in this state, Borus, and this is why Provo bullied you so much back in the day. Because you actually are so toxic to the game's balancing with your hatred of this gun. 

If you ever lost in CQC to the Ntec with a CQC oriented weapon like the OCA, it was YOUR fault, not the gun. Don't you dare pretend otherwise, I know you're full of it. You were all just to embarrassed to admit it.

I honestly never once mentioned that it should be nerfed in cqc specifically.

My issue with the ntec was its capabilities at 40-65m range, while I admitted it was strong in cqc, i didn't feel that it's cqc abilities "needed" nerfed. I felt that it was definitely strong in cqc, as such I felt a ttk increase would have sufficed to .75s to balance it out with the star, if the star wasn't going to be reduced to .7. Not once did I call for its full auto accuracy to be nerfed (i wanted a reduced bloom recovery), and i certainly didn't call for its jump shooting to be nerfed.  I had mentioned to others in the forum i felt the jump shooting and cqc nerf wasn't the right way to go about it, however i was still glad "something" got done to reduce its power level, even if it wasn't what I wanted. As the weapon was at least in "some" way easier to handle.

I never "bullied" the devs, not once did I insult the devs and bully them into nerfing the ntec. I don't know where you get this from but you're clearly delusional about it.

How so? All the weapons that can "compete"  against the ntec in its range even after they were either returned to their original power (obeya) or got buffed (star), STILL couldn't stop people from using NTEC 95% of the time instead of any other usable rifle ingame. You think buffing literally every other gun is going to fix that? Buffing litterally every AR and Rifle to compete against the ntec would break the both rifleman and AR class as a whole. Buffing every other rifle/ar to be as powerful as the ntec literally would mean making them ntec clones, or zerg lasers, and further break game balance. I don't get why you can't understand that. Weapon balance means that something should have a "niche". That it shouldn't be just as effective in cqc as it is mid range, that there be some form of weakness to it. It doesn't matter if it's an AR and should be "versatile". NTEC is STILL versatile, even after its nerf, it's just not as good at CQC, which is FINE. Star/far can now easily be said to be better than it in cqc, and not as "good" at mid range. So what if the ntec had to be nerfed "somehow" to better balance the AR role? The gun still functions THE EXACT SAME in the WITHIN ITS EFFECTIVE RANGE. Usable range =/= effective range. 

LO has clearly shown they want to keep the NTEC's niche mid-range and not nearly as good in "cqc".

Name and shame removed.    - Azukii

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:09 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

I honestly never once mentioned that it should be nerfed in cqc specifically.

My issue with the ntec was its capabilities at 40-65m range, while I admitted it was strong in cqc, i didn't feel that it's cqc abilities "needed" nerfed. I felt that it was definitely strong in cqc, as such I felt a ttk increase would have sufficed to .75s to balance it out with the star, if the star wasn't going to be reduced to .7. Not once did I call for its full auto accuracy to be nerfed (i wanted a reduced bloom recovery), and i certainly didn't call for its jump shooting to be nerfed.  I had mentioned to others in the forum i felt the jump shooting and cqc nerf wasn't the right way to go about it, however i was still glad "something" got done to reduce its power level, even if it wasn't what I wanted. As the weapon was at least in "some" way easier to handle.

I never "bullied" the devs, not once did I insult the devs and bully them into nerfing the ntec. I don't know where you get this from but you're clearly delusional about it.

How so? All the weapons that can "compete"  against the ntec in its range even after they were either returned to their original power (obeya) or got buffed (star), STILL couldn't stop people from using NTEC 95% of the time instead of any other usable rifle ingame. You think buffing literally every other gun is going to fix that? Buffing litterally every AR and Rifle to compete against the ntec would break the both rifleman and AR class as a whole. Buffing every other rifle/ar to be as powerful as the ntec literally would mean making them ntec clones, or zerg lasers, and further break game balance. I don't get why you can't understand that. Weapon balance means that something should have a "niche". That it shouldn't be just as effective in cqc as it is mid range, that there be some form of weakness to it. It doesn't matter if it's an AR and should be "versatile". NTEC is STILL versatile, even after its nerf, it's just not as good at CQC, which is FINE. Star/far can now easily be said to be better than it in cqc, and not as "good" at mid range. So what if the ntec had to be nerfed "somehow" to better balance the AR role? The gun still functions THE EXACT SAME in the WITHIN ITS EFFECTIVE RANGE. Usable range =/= effective range. 

LO has clearly shown they want to keep the NTEC's niche mid-range and not nearly as good in "cqc".

Name and shame removed.    - Azukii

<Complains about it being too strong everywhere, but mostly cqc> <never said it should be nerfed in cqc> I'm starting to see some inconsistencies here? You complained about the Ntec being too strong when you used HB2 all the time and crutched HVR quickswitching to "level your sniper role faster." You're a hugeeee hypocrite, and it's why I'm so critical of you. You're basically telling me that the NTEC being nerfed to a point of it not being even used is fine, because that's "balance." Yet you complain to me that you can't "powercreep everything" even though I never claimed that? 

It has no niche at all now, it's garbage compared to before. 

@Last guy who quoted me, you just proved my point by name calling because you can't refute it. You're all just spewing actual bs arguments. Borus quite literally abused HVR Quickswitching and yet he's so against "abusing the ntec" yet used it with HB2 when that was strong. Then tell Respect and I we are just mad our crutch is gone. Bro it ain't even my main weapon. 

Ntec is not fine in its current state at all Borus, so I'm not sure why you're claiming that? I guess you truly have no clue what you're talking about. 

3 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Number one? There were alot of complaints as there are now about anything in this game.

-quick switching

-scout jump shots

-car det

-car spawners

-radar tower

-atac being to strong

-whisper being broken

-running with items

-pig perc

-stun guns being op

-vegas & pinoneer

-hvr damage in general (being the most complained about)

-fbw to strong

-rfp (long ago and recently) being to strong

-X faction having easier missions

-Fast and Incarcerated mission

-Car surfer

The list goes on on people making post after post about these topics. Its not just the ntec at all. Alot of people dislike the damage output of the hvr in particular. Hence why it got nerfed once before and people still commented on the gun saying it was way to strong (which it is). LO solution was laughable. All they need to do was lower the damage on it to fix the problem. Lots of posts about scout jump shots as well saying its way to strong and no risk. Definitely think you're blowing the ntec complaints out of proportion. 

People complained about HVR because they hate getting hit once with a silver and dying from chip damage. It's a balanced gun and practically useless in cqc without a lot of effort being put into it. LO destroyed its cqc and quickswitching capabilities, and people still aren't happy because as always, they won't be happy until any weapon that lets a silver punish you for being stupid, gets removed.

20 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

You guys still cannot refute anything I've said with facts but just personal opinions of your whining. Lol. 

Here's a fact then Abduct. LO had been gathering weapon data for weapon reworks for a while now, with that data they decided to nerf the NTEC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

People complained about HVR because they hate getting hit once with a silver and dying from chip damage. It's a balanced gun and practically useless in cqc without a lot of effort being put into it. LO destroyed its cqc and quickswitching capabilities, and people still aren't happy because as always, they won't be happy until any weapon that lets a silver punish you for being stupid, gets removed.

Sounds like a HVR quick switch abuser complaining 🙂

No its not just regarding silvers. Its the damage in general. 

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Here's a fact then Abduct. LO had been gathering weapon data for weapon reworks for a while now, with that data they decided to nerf the NTEC.

Here's a real fact buddy, you're a hypocrite 🙂 Also, the data was processed from biased locations, and does not accurately represent a reason to balance a weapon. 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:18 AM, Abduct / Devote said:

Sounds like a HVR quick switch abuser complaining 🙂

Yes, abused qsing, i'd go into 4v4 missions with 4 enemies hvrs and out qs each of them and win. I also wanting QSing removed. Do I agree with how LO and G1 did it? No, I think it's dumb that I can't hit someone with an hvr 3x in cqc and kill them, but that has nothing to do with QSing, and me actually liking to use the weapon out of marksman mode in cqc.

Merged.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:20 AM, Abduct / Devote said:

Here's a real fact buddy, you're a hypocrite 🙂 Also, the data was processed from biased locations, and does not accurately represent a reason to balance a weapon. 

How am I a hypocrite?

It's not hard to look at a weapon regardless of location, and decide which range you want it to be effective in, and which range you don't, and adjust it accordingly. They clearly felt that from that data, as well as likely other in-game experiences they felt it was too strong. The facts show that they nerfed it for a reason, regardless of your OPINION of the matter.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:14 AM, Abduct / Devote said:

<Complains about it being too strong everywhere, but mostly cqc> <never said it should be nerfed in cqc> I'm starting to see some inconsistencies here? You complained about the Ntec being too strong when you used HB2 all the time and crutched HVR quickswitching to "level your sniper role faster." You're a hugeeee hypocrite, and it's why I'm so critical of you. You're basically telling me that the NTEC being nerfed to a point of it not being even used is fine, because that's "balance." Yet you complain to me that you can't "powercreep everything" even though I never claimed that? 

It has no niche at all now, it's garbage compared to before. 

@Last guy who quoted me, you just proved my point by name calling because you can't refute it. You're all just spewing actual bs arguments. Borus quite literally abused HVR Quickswitching and yet he's so against "abusing the ntec" yet used it with HB2 when that was strong. Then tell Respect and I we are just mad our crutch is gone. Bro it ain't even my main weapon. 

Ntec is not fine in its current state at all Borus, so I'm not sure why you're claiming that? I guess you truly have no clue what you're talking about. 

I suggested a ttk nerf in like 2014 if the star wasn't going to be buffed to .7. I didn't "harp" about the subject on forums either for years. I didn't call for its cqc accuracy and max bloom and jump shooting accuracy to be nerfed. I called for its bloom recovery to be reduced to be like .4 from .5 after that. That's not being hypocritical at all. Yes, i wanted the ntec nerfed slightly, no i didn't want it "ruined".

I used HB and QS because that's what it took to play against players who did the EXACT SAME THING TO ME 24/7. I didn't have to like HB or QSing or jump shooting to use it if it meant having slightly more enjoyable "games" because literally EVERYONE was doing it. I qs'd because I had no choice to when RAOV and Bromatoasts group and all them would have one or more qsing snipers against my group. Don't pretend that you yourself never qsed, used hb 2 on an ntec, or jumpshot either at some point in the past 7 years.

I did what i had to regardless of whether I liked it. I called for those very things I was "abusing" to be removed so that the game could be more enjoyable overall. If that makes me a hypocrite go ahead i'll call myself a hypocrite. I perpetuated the problem so that it would be fixed.

Ntec has a niche, it's still heavily used as well. Crying because they nerfed its cqc abilities which plenty of other vets (not me) wanted done is okay, but don't blame me for THOSE changes because I DIDN'T CALL FOR THEM.

6 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Yes, abused qsing, i'd go into 4v4 missions with 4 enemies hvrs and out qs each of them and win. I also wanting QSing removed. Do I agree with how LO and G1 did it? No, I think it's dumb that I can't hit someone with an hvr 3x in cqc and kill them, but that has nothing to do with QSing, and me actually liking to use the weapon out of marksman mode in cqc.

You used it in FC, you'd use it in missions, you abused it vs us. You're. A. Hypocrite. People weren't mad because they were HVR'd by a silver btw, they were mad at the chip damage needed to finish yes, but how stupid the dmg was from it period was dumb. Nerf it to 750 or 700 and it'd have been fine. I DO think it was nerfed too heavily, but it did need a change. I think this balance team has seen more bad changes than good personally. 

Again, the Ntec was fine after they changed how HB2 worked on it, and it was totally good like that. Nope, not enough for you all apparently. Loud outcry always works 🙂

I can also say the same about YOUR biased opinion against the NTEC, you legitimately counter-played your own entire argument right there lol. ALL you've done is state your opinion on things and crying about them, those statement about it being too strong in certain ranges? Probably from personal experience of being outplayed at the range. Buddy, I've been outplayed too at those ranges, and guess what? In the end, it was my fault for misplaying the fight, never ONCE thought that the NTEC was the problem LOL. Because it wasn't... 

Again, totally fine after Dmg changes for HB2, but oh well it's already ruined. I hope they can learn that from the new experience, the gun is now poop because of all whining. 

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: Stop crying because you lost a fight, it doesn't make the gun broken sad face.

Edited by Abduct / Devote

31 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The gun still functions THE EXACT SAME in the WITHIN ITS EFFECTIVE RANGE.

Absolutely not. As someone who has used the ntec for 9+ years i can tell you it doesn't function the exact same.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:14 AM, Abduct / Devote said:

Last guy who quoted me, you just proved my point by name calling because you can't refute it. You're all just spewing actual bs arguments.

sorry, which part of falling back to insults and then trying to goad a response to those insults when people didn’t fall for the bait fast enough isn’t being a toxic Insult removed.    - Azukii?

i had no issue with the prenerf ntec but i honestly don’t even want to join in the discussion tbh

when little orbit looks at this argument do you think they’re going to take you seriously when you’re slinging shit and might be condoning/justifying tos violations or do you think they’ll see someone “salty because his crutch got nerfed” ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

You used it in FC, you'd use it in missions, you abused it vs us. You're. A. Hypocrite. People weren't mad because they were HVR'd by a silver btw, they were mad at the chip damage needed to finish yes, but how stupid the dmg was from it period was dumb. Nerf it to 750 or 700 and it'd have been fine. I DO think it was nerfed too heavily, but it did need a change. I think this balance team has seen more bad changes than good personally. 

Again, the Ntec was fine after they changed how HB2 worked on it, and it was totally good like that. Nope, not enough for you all apparently. Loud outcry always works 🙂

I can also say the same about YOUR biased opinion against the NTEC, you legitimately counter-played your own entire argument right there lol. ALL you've done is state your opinion on things and crying about them, those statement about it being too strong in certain ranges? Probably from personal experience of being outplayed at the range. Buddy, I've been outplayed too at those ranges, and guess what? In the end, it was my fault for misplaying the fight, never ONCE thought that the NTEC was the problem LOL. Because it wasn't... 

Again, totally fine after Dmg changes for HB2, but oh well it's already ruined. I hope they can learn that from the new experience, the gun is now poop because of all whining. 

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: Stop crying because you lost a fight, it doesn't make the gun broken sad face.

"they're mad because a silver killed them from chip damage". Most of the time people still would have died anyways even with 750 because most guns do more than 750 damage in 2 shots. It's just people can't admit that they'd have died anyways that they want it nerfed, but I chock that up to ego.

Did you know bringing about a discussion on game balance, and whether something is or is not balanced, is to first provide an opinion, provide statistics and ingame experience with it, and use that as an argument in favor or against a certain change? Regardless of "bias" for or against something, it has to be founded on something. My argument for nerfing bloom recovery had always followed those things. Just because you think it isn't a problem, doesn't mean others do not, or will no. Instead you chose to insult them, call them noobs, silvers, blah blah whatever. As shown in this thread.

The ntec is still usable, it's not trash, and its litteral best features remain untouched. A large number of players still use it as well instead of other rifles, so it's also clearly not trash, however you are permitted to have that opinion that it is.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:48 AM, 404 said:

sorry, which part of falling back to insults and then trying to goad a response to those insults when people didn’t fall for the bait fast enough isn’t being a toxic Insult removed.    - Azukii?

i had no issue with the prenerf ntec but i honestly don’t even want to join in the discussion tbh

when little orbit looks at this argument do you think they’re going to take you seriously when you’re slinging shit and might be condoning/justifying tos violations or do you think they’ll see someone “salty because his crutch got nerfed” ?

You legitimately can't even continue the argument properly so you're over here calling me toxic. You're all toxic for the game when crying.

My best weapon isn't the ntec, it was never my "crutch." You actually have 0 clue what you're talking about so just relax on the same 1 liner bucko. 

My statistics and in game opinion is that the current Ntec is garbo Borus, the nerf was unnecessary is my opinion but also a fact among a lot of players cept the people like u.

The Ntec's best features? Tap firing is a lot worse now, lol. It's midrange capability of being strong there is now diminished by this crazy bloom out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Absolutely not. As someone who has used the ntec for 9+ years i can tell you it doesn't function the exact same.

I said within its "effective range" and also noted that "overal range" isn't "effective range". The range of the OCA is 30m, its "effective" range is ~15m. The DMR is good up to 100m, but it's "effective" range is 88+.

Just because a weapon functions within certain ranges, does not mean that it is, or should be "effective" all the way from 0 to "past" its damage drop. Which is what the NTEC was, which is why LO made it so that it isn't very effective sub 5-7m but still functions exactly the same at 25-60m which is still essentially its "effective range".

(At least, to my knowledge they touched the max bloom and jump shooting, I don't believe they touched anything else, however i'd have to check the patch notes to double check)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I said within its "effective range" and also noted that "overal range" isn't "effective range". The range of the OCA is 30m, its "effective" range is ~15m. The DMR is good up to 100m, but it's "effective" range is 88+.

Just because a weapon functions within certain ranges, does not mean that it is, or should be "effective" all the way from 0 to "past" its damage drop. Which is what the NTEC was, which is why LO made it so that it isn't very effective sub 5-7m but still functions exactly the same at 25-60m which is still essentially its "effective range".

Yes, i was referring to its effective range. They destroyed the bloom on it making its tap firing significantly worse. You can't honestly sit there and tell me it functioned the exact same as before in terms of tap firing when the bloom has a large jump after consecutive shots.

Edited by RespectThis

Just now, Abduct / Devote said:

You legitimately can't even continue the argument properly so you're over here calling me toxic. You're all toxic for the game when crying.

My best weapon isn't the ntec, it was never my "crutch." You actually have 0 clue what you're talking about so just relax on the same 1 liner bucko. 

are you so heated you can’t even step back and consider that your posts in this thread are probably more harmful to your own argument than anything noob_guardian says? 

2 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Yes, i was referring to its effective range. They destroyed the bloom on it making its tap firing significantly worse. You can't honestly sit there and tell me it functioned the exact same as before in terms of tap firing when the bloom has a large jump after consecutive shots.

NTEC bloom has always been negated by firing within it's recovery time though and that wierd function thing G1 added with the HB nerf, otherwise it would bloom worse?  LO didn't touch that to my knowledge.

Like I could be wrong about that and I'll gladly admit it if I am. I thought they touched max bloom and jump shooting.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

NTEC bloom has always been negated by firing within it's recovery time though and that wierd function thing G1 added with the HB nerf, otherwise it would bloom worse?  LO didn't touch that to my knowledge.

Its after the third or forth shot the bloom will spike. Even when tap firing unless you "cooldown" the gun per say. Which is why I am stating it doesn't function exactly the same. You have to burst more than tap now.

Edited by RespectThis

Just now, 404 said:

are you so heated you can’t even step back and consider that your posts in this thread are probably more harmful to your own argument than anything noob_guardian says? 

Actually, if you look at his contradictory statements, you'll see he is actually more harmful to his own argument because he can't be consistent without being an absolute hypocrite. I've responded with real data from a guy who uses plenty of weapons. I'm not pulling data out of my buttcheeks or claiming anything without actual experience, yet my experience is considered irrelevant and his is considered fine? I've been calling him out for the hypocrisy I see in his comments. You're just here to comment at me at this point, I could honestly say the same about you. You're so heated at me that you can't even consider you should have taken your own advice and stayed out of the convo? I really don't get it, you're not bringing anything to the table here. 

@ borus, The Ntec right now (I'm watching a friend use it) is not in a good state. It is horribly crippled at ranges it should do well in, and penalizing for shooting it even so slightly from perfect. I beg to differ on it working as intended, and I honestly don't see how you can make the argument that it's in a good state lol. They definitely went too far, regardless of whether or not it was fine. Opinion or not. 

The ATAC is fine how it is, end of story on that one. HVR nerf was too much, I agree, but it did need an adjustment. Though if Jump shotting with scout was reverted, I'd say maybe even revert HVR. 

13 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Actually, if you look at his contradictory statements, you'll see he is actually more harmful to his own argument because he can't be consistent without being an absolute hypocrite. I've responded with real data from a guy who uses plenty of weapons. I'm not pulling data out of my buttcheeks or claiming anything without actual experience, yet my experience is considered irrelevant and his is considered fine? I've been calling him out for the hypocrisy I see in his comments. You're just here to comment at me at this point, I could honestly say the same about you. You're so heated at me that you can't even consider you should have taken your own advice and stayed out of the convo? I really don't get it, you're not bringing anything to the table here. 

@ borus, The Ntec right now (I'm watching a friend use it) is not in a good state. It is horribly crippled at ranges it should do well in, and penalizing for shooting it even so slightly from perfect. I beg to differ on it working as intended, and I honestly don't see how you can make the argument that it's in a good state lol. They definitely went too far, regardless of whether or not it was fine. Opinion or not. 

The ATAC is fine how it is, end of story on that one. HVR nerf was too much, I agree, but it did need an adjustment. Though if Jump shotting with scout was reverted, I'd say maybe even revert HVR. 

I thought you wanted a high skill high reward weapon like the ntec to have a perfect firerate to be optimal? I like the changes of going against it more than I did before. Did I agree with all the changes? No not really/not all of them.

17 minutes ago, RespectThis said:

Its after the third or forth shot the bloom will spike. Even when tap firing unless you "cooldown" the gun per say. Which is why I am stating it doesn't function exactly the same. You have to burst more than tap now.

I don't think they touched that wonky thing from G1 which would "somewhat" explain what you're saying and they certainly didn't mention nerfing consecutive shots. I think it's that people at that time may try to tap slightly faster to get the kill and it blooms instead. Maybe that thing from g1 was tied into max bloom/bloom modifier? I know the gun has for a long time bloomed on the 3/4 shot moreso than the first 2 bullets if you tapfired wrong/burst. It may just be more pronouned with them doing the bloom nerf. Maybe they mentioned nerfing the bloom per shot modifier and max bloom?? That would explain larger bloom on each shot, which would then explain worse bloom on the 3/4 shot if fired off optimal timing that you're experiencing.

G1 had a wierd way of nerfing weapons indirectly.

I'll have to log in and test some to check though. I've been leveling lmg/sniper/rifleman role so I havn't touched the ntec too much since the rework.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

10 minutes ago, Abduct / Devote said:

ok cool i'll pull back then, best of luck getting the ntec unnerfed

i think that if they just reduced the damage of the HVR to like 600 it would be alot more balanced than how they gutted it with the qs change. IF qs was the biggest problem then why not just REDUCE the dmg so that you cant qs with act44/rsa pistol? then you wouldnt be able to QS with ANY pistol lol. why they have to make it so clunky now? The DMR 2 shots at 87+m and its not dealing 900 damage its dealing 550 damage.

ATAC needs some type of nerf its ridiculous how easy this gun is to use and how long of a reach it has.

give us back the scout jump shot also, thanks.

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I don't think they touched that wonky thing from G1 which would "somewhat" explain what you're saying and they certainly didn't mention nerfing consecutive shots. I think it's that people at that time may try to tap slightly faster to get the kill and it blooms instead. Maybe that thing from g1 was tied into max bloom/bloom modifier? I know the gun has for a long time bloomed on the 3/4 shot moreso than the first 2 bullets if you tapfired wrong/burst. It may just be more pronouned with them doing the bloom nerf. Maybe they mentioned nerfing the bloom per shot modifier and max bloom?? That would explain larger bloom on each shot, which would then explain worse bloom on the 3/4 shot if fired off optimal timing that you're experiencing.

Yes the bloom mechanic was the last breath from RP ~2yrs ago. 

That thread was in regards to it. The same thread where i also stated they should revert it back because it was a poor design choice. Funny enough nerfing ntec any further was the least voted for out of the 169 people. Regardless of that, the changes being tied together only further hurt it.

In regards to another comment you made about other AR's being buffed/nerfing the ntec. As i said in the thread i linked those weapons (new assault rifles) should have had the ntec as a basis when being created. When RP implemented these weapons they did nothing. The didn't stand out. I'm sure you can agree with me when i say the only AR that really holds much of an identity apart from the ntec is the atac. Why is that? Because its unique in that it is more of a cqc AR. Unfortunately for the other ARs it just seemed more like a money grab. Cobra? Terrible. Misery? Might as well not even exist. Obviously its not LO fault for these weapons being failures but it doesn't mean they should just witch hunt after the ntec. If they want to lower the mag size a little on the ntec ok thats fine. I suppose jump shots are ok to get rid of even though i don't think they were much of a problem. The issue i have is touching the core mechanic of the ntec. At the end of the day though nerfing the ntec until its nothing doesn't do much for the game. I've been here a long time and I can say i that before the weapon changes there was ALOT weapon diversity. Sure maybe there were alot of ntecs but it doesn't mean everyone was a god with it or that it was all anyone used. There just aren't enough options for assault rifles and thats honestly why people gravitate to the Ntec. Not because its op broken.

CookiePuss, im sure can relate based of his reply earlier in this thread. The ntec was just a fun gun to use. Its not a matter of it being a crutch. It just feel good to use. Other ARs just don't have that feeling. When you look at the other ARs its just like "oh another AR". 

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i think that if they just reduced the damage of the HVR to like 600 it would be alot more balanced than how they gutted it with the qs change. IF qs was the biggest problem then why not just REDUCE the dmg

give us back the scout jump shot also, thanks.

I've mentioned it before in other threads but their way of nerfing the hvr was stupid. Adding mechanics to a gun that never existed before when they could just go with a simple damage nerf. Which is why the balance changes always have me worried.

Ya would like scout jump shots back too but apparently it was "broken and to hard to counter" - hvr mains

Edited by RespectThis

5 hours ago, RespectThis said:

thinks most of the players are on the forums?

thinks a gun that is used in a way for other guns and being too versatile/too unbalanced is balanced?

says doent use crutch yet wants the features that made it crutch guns which is why changes were made?

last argument against me is actually contradicting. the data showed otherwise.

arguing about wanting ntec changes reversed on an atac thread?

*facepalm*

as for me I do not own an atac and I play against it fine. I personally see no issues with it needing a change just as i already posted and why i believe that.

16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

thinks most of the players are on the forums?

thinks a gun that is used in a way for other guns and being too versatile/too unbalanced is balanced?

says doent use crutch yet wants the features that made it crutch guns which is why changes were made?

last argument against me is actually contradicting. the data showed otherwise.

arguing about wanting ntec changes reversed on an atac thread?

*facepalm*

as for me I do not own an atac and I play against it fine. I personally see no issues with it needing a change just as i already posted and why i believe that.

You seem to make strange assumptions. 

-Never said nor do i think most players are on the forums let alone comment on them. I was just using it to show how people feel about weapon adjustments around the ntec.

-I use the ntec to "crutch"

-Think a gun being to unbalance is balanced

Im not even sure what your second bullet is suppose to really mean so i'll assume you mean "thinks a gun that is versatile is balanced". There's nothing wrong with a weapon having versatility. It doesn't make it broken. By that logic the dmr is broken because it has a high rof, high damage at extreme range, and very high hard damage. Crutch features? The way the gun has been since launch aren't "features" its just the gun being the gun. How the gun plays mechanically is not a feature. What about it do i want back thats a crutch? Being rewarded for tap firing correctly? What a crutch that is. If you're atleast going to accuse me of things could you atleast try and describe what exactly you mean. You also claimed not to "be that guy" but you constantly refer to me using a crutch even though i've said multiple times its not a crutch. Oh well i guess.

Edited by RespectThis

2 hours ago, RespectThis said:

You seem to make strange assumptions. 

questions are not assumptions but questions. tsk tsk

2 hours ago, RespectThis said:

"thinks a gun that is versatile is balanced"

nope i said it how i said it for a reason. just like the gun changes happened for a reason.

you seem to be veering off too far. like i said ntec wasnt supposed to be able to dominate at cqc and was unbalanced from it so they changed it.

you wanting those features back that made the ntec a crutch only shows that you don't truly care about gun balancing.