Naphta1ene

The ATAC. Yay or nay?

There are only 3 guns in the game that need a nerf.  The ATAC needs a higher STK or a lower fire rate.  The PMG needs to not be able to kill people from across the street without missing a single shot.  And the NHVR.  Idk why a 100m game has a sniper in it in the first place and idk why the gun needs to do that much damage.  I think guns like the scout and DMR are significantly better balanced that the standard NHVR.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:16 AM, Naphta1ene said:

The Atac feels very cheap to use. With a damage drop off of 50 meters, it breaks the balance of close ranged weapons because of how accurate, easy to control, and fast it is. With all of those things combined alongside a mobility sling perk (which is something that already comes with 2 pre-modded Atacs), the Atac as an assault rifle, does the job of a sub-machinegun better than a sub-machinegun would, because they don't sacrifice medium range fighting capability for short range accuracy and mobility (by a significant margin at least). Not to mention just how accurate it is compared to other smgs as well. 

I honestly think it needs a bit of nerf on the movement accuracy side so that sub-machineguns would at least have better movement accuracy to compensate for the lack of damage they do down range. As you can tell, my opinion of the weapon is quite negative even though I frequently use it but I would like to know the opinion of others for this matter as well, see if there's anything that I got wrong. So what do you think? Is the Atac a yay or nay?

I used to use the ATAC, a lot. later than sooner i realized its useless in actual fights against really strong players.

weapons have strength and ease of use. strength is how strong a weapon is, ease of use is how easy is to "draw" that strength from the weapon. ATAC is a low strength high ease of use gun. another good example is the joker carbine, a very high strength, very low ease of use weapon.

lets go back to the ATAC:

on short ranges it will lose to a good OCA/PMG user.

on medium ranges it will lose to a good NTEC/STAR/FAR user.

on top of that, its 8 (8!) (irc) shot to kill makes it pretty sub-par on medium ranges.

ofc, its high ease of use will melt all newbie players, you need to be of a certain skill range to be able to win against the ATAC by drawing the real strength of the other weapons.

in short, on high tier gameplay, the ATAC is subpar, but fine considering how easy is to use. fun gun, wouldnt use in any important match.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, WEISSDEATH said:

How about we don't nerf it and just tweak it a bit??? Like a nerf to its actual range or even a slight TTK increase; you don't gotta gut a weapon to balance it and buff some other lesser weapons while we're at it.

I bet if the ATAC did get nerfed, the next weapon would be the Raptors.

thank you

On 5/9/2020 at 5:51 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

HUH....

We have just to finish discuss about it neither 10 days ago and here we go again....

welcome to the APB forums

On 5/9/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ketog said:

seems way too versatile for a weapon that is so easy to use, i don't mind that it's noob friendly, but it's just that this weapon allows anyone to do good without any effort, i honestly think slightly more bloom is all atac needs, so people that just hold down LMB can't just laser kill you at 50m

i can support that motion.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:50 PM, Zilsux said:

The Atac is OP to starting players who are still not very experienced with other more advanced weapons. By learning to control your fire, and knowing what weapons to use depending on the current situation, you will soon realize that the ATAC is not really as good as it seamed compared to other weapons in the game.

Coming from someone who has 3 of them thrown somewhere in the locker after impulse buying them when everyone kept killing me years ago.

thank you.

also, i feel ya,  some-years-ago me was like "watchman! so tacticool! buy!", i even learned how to use it and all.

and then i threw it away because i wanted to win hard matches.

10 hours ago, BaronSaturday said:

There are only 3 guns in the game that need a nerf.  The ATAC needs a higher STK or a lower fire rate.  The PMG needs to not be able to kill people from across the street without missing a single shot.  And the NHVR.  Idk why a 100m game has a sniper in it in the first place and idk why the gun needs to do that much damage.  I think guns like the scout and DMR are significantly better balanced that the standard NHVR.

DMR: a 100mts gun for a 100m game

• Like 1

Let's just nerf accuracy of every weapon and pray for Goddess's Blessing each time we aim at something, so the skill difference doesn't matter anymore and we can all be happy community.

It's not a rocket science but a simple algorithm of set rules with small variations repeated over entire gun pool.

Limit weapon's effective range by using range curve to keep them in their niches - make IR x% value top stop the CQC abuse of the mod.

The lower weapon's range the shorter the TTK - so we could avoid where a mid range N-tec has theoretically the same TTK as an OCA player.

The lower STK the longer TTK - to balance weapons where one shines around the corner and the other in open field, like you have that CSG with TTK of 1 second, if you get caught in the open by OCA - you are pretty much at disadvantage, but if you reverse that and you are in the close corner situations then CSG would have an obvious advantage.

Make weapons accurate !! Let's go back to OCA example with Accuracy Radius at 10m = 36 cm, it's nuts ! If I would glue to the corner at 15 meters range 3/4 of your bullets would hit the wall or go past me, how is that reliable weapon?

We are at the point of cluster fu*, created by G1 that introduced weapons without much though just to milk whatever they could before packing their bags.

Nerfing this or that is a no go anymore, we need a major balance of all weapons based on some logic arguments making counterparts weapons different, not simply better or worse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Resine said:

make IR x% value top stop the CQC abuse of the mod.

we tried that and it made ranged weapons so nuts that some semi auto rifles still have their ranges nerfed to compensate 

1 minute ago, 404 said:

we tried that and it made ranged weapons so nuts that some semi auto rifles still have their ranges nerfed to compensate 

How's that? Must have missed it,

I mean having 10% more compared to flat 7 meters, would require a gun of at least over 70 meters of effective range - which would benefit mostly what, snipers?

Which would move N-tec-ish like weapons a bit closer to 5m and CQC to 2-3 meters?

On 5/11/2020 at 11:29 PM, Resine said:

How's that? Must have missed it,

I mean having 10% more compared to flat 7 meters, would require a gun of at least over 70 meters of effective range - which would benefit mostly what, snipers?

Which would move N-tec-ish like weapons a bit closer to 5m and CQC to 2-3 meters?

You forgot the Obeya CR762 existed. That gun could melt someone from 80 meters away. Before this it was way more powerful. 

23 minutes ago, Naphta1ene said:

You forgot the Obeya CR762 existed. That gun could melt someone from 80 meters away. Before this it was way more powerful. 

What do you mean? With 55m effective range you would get +5,5 as opposed to plus 7 you get now.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:20 PM, Resine said:

Let's just nerf accuracy of every weapon and pray for Goddess's Blessing each time we aim at something, so the skill difference doesn't matter anymore and we can all be happy community.

It's not a rocket science but a simple algorithm of set rules with small variations repeated over entire gun pool.

Limit weapon's effective range by using range curve to keep them in their niches - make IR x% value top stop the CQC abuse of the mod.

The lower weapon's range the shorter the TTK - so we could avoid where a mid range N-tec has theoretically the same TTK as an OCA player.

The lower STK the longer TTK - to balance weapons where one shines around the corner and the other in open field, like you have that CSG with TTK of 1 second, if you get caught in the open by OCA - you are pretty much at disadvantage, but if you reverse that and you are in the close corner situations then CSG would have an obvious advantage.

Make weapons accurate !! Let's go back to OCA example with Accuracy Radius at 10m = 36 cm, it's nuts ! If I would glue to the corner at 15 meters range 3/4 of your bullets would hit the wall or go past me, how is that reliable weapon?

We are at the point of cluster fu*, created by G1 that introduced weapons without much though just to milk whatever they could before packing their bags.

Nerfing this or that is a no go anymore, we need a major balance of all weapons based on some logic arguments making counterparts weapons different, not simply better or worse.

Less Rng stuff less range, but more effective range for what each weapon got designed.. 

I LIKE IT !

2 hours ago, Resine said:
2 hours ago, Naphta1ene said:

What do you mean? With 55m effective range you would get +5,5 as opposed to plus 7 you get now.

I guess he confused the Obeya with the Obir (with IR3)... 

Atac is fine for me. But i know a pistol with to much accuraty. 

4 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Less Rng stuff less range, but more effective range for what each weapon got designed.. 

I LIKE IT !

A man of culture. Exactly my point.

instead of 30m range on OCA you would have 15m of truly effective accurate range, and the best part of it it's that even past that point your weapon would still be reliable you could shoot At Ntec 40 meters away and hit him each bullet but due to damage drop off your TTK would be 3 times longer so Ntec would eat you up but you could still do some damage instead of praying for 2-3 lucky shots to finish off tagged mid range gun, and then if we were to reverse the situation to CQC range, you could put some fight with Ntec, but due to longer range thus lower  average TTK than CQC weapons you would be at obvious disadvantage.

I would love to test a system like that in some combat situation, I have been proposing this over the years but all shit gamer first could think of was adding bloom and random recoil to weapons.

It would be truly a  paradise, with accurate weapons that you could not use outside of its designed range and field zone, (open vs corners) without taking  some trade-off. No more randomness or all around weapons like Ntec was/is for last decade.

• Like 1

I personally think the atac is fine. sometimes i kill them sometimes they kill me , unlike how the ntec used to be where most of us died from the balance issues it had.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:47 PM, -Dan- said:

Best fix for Atac is to increase its ttk and keep it accurate and long range as it is now,

That's the exact opposite of what it originally was, though.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, 404 said:

VBR, PMG, Joker Carbine, and OSCAR all had range nerfs that did not get reverted. The ATAC did not get a range nerf, so many players moved to it.

ATAC should be the starter weapon.

Its easier to use and more fun initially than the STAR.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

to be fair, star is actually fine for the starter weapon, the issue is/was for the longest time that the NTEC just downright did better at everything (still probably does). While ATAC is definitely seemingly easier for newer players to use because they all want to spray the starter gun at all times, and doing so could be a good idea, i'm not sure how much it would help newer players. PLUS you'd then have half the vets whining because "OMG NEWBIES GOT FREE ATAC UGHH SO OP 1213$DSFWE@!!!" lel

Edited by Noob_Guardian

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That would be so dope for the new players that are intrested in playing this game too. I've been here since 2012 something. If i started right now with a star idk if i would keep playing while people run around with Ursus's and full modded guns.

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

to be fair, star is actually fine for the starter weapon, the issue is/was for the longest time that the NTEC just downright did better at everything (still probably does). While ATAC is definitely seemingly easier for newer players to use because they all want to spray the starter gun at all times, and doing so could be a good idea, i'm not sure how much it would help newer players. PLUS you'd then have half the vets whining because "OMG NEWBIES GOT FREE ATAC UGHH SO OP 1213$DSFWE@!!!" lel

All true.

I just thought of it from the new players perspective "hey this is fun" vs "crap how am I supposed to use this thing?".

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

All true.

I just thought of it from the new players perspective "hey this is fun" vs "crap how am I supposed to use this thing?".

i think i'd prefer new players get one of the raptors as a starter weapon, as they aren't quite as reliant on mods as the atac to be serviceable 

Edited by 404
typo

1 hour ago, 404 said:

i think i'd prefer new players get one of the raptors as a starter weapon, as they aren't quite as reliant on mods as the atac to be serviceable 

Oh yeah, Raptor is even better.

id start by reducing its range by like 20 meters... id even change it to be a close range assault rifle... something that would compete with SMGs

5 hours ago, 404 said:

Honestly, if they just replaced the sounds for the STAR, I think more people wouldn't despise it.

The gun sounds like it has erectile dysfunction and hates its own existence. CS:GO weapon sounds are amazing for instance, so I hope they do a pass over the in-game sounds someday and make them a bit more beefy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 404 said:

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

All true.

It probably would be a little more interesting. I thought the star was fine starting, but I learned how to use it quickly and adjusted my sensitivities because the starting ones were trash.

Dunno about the Raptor though, i havnt used it in ages and last i did i felt it as meh.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

6 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Dunno about the Raptor though, i havnt used it in ages and last i did i felt it as meh.

With HS3 the raptors can full auto min ttk up to 40m
The balance comes from the guns' usefulness plummets past 40m and the gun has a sub meta ttk of 0.75
So super easy to use, but will also leave a player wanting something maybe better but a bit harder to use.

On 5/17/2020 at 11:17 PM, CookiePuss said:

18 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Side note, but it would be nice if the STAR inherits FAR's stats as it is basically a buffed-STAR.

This will both help total-newbies compete and make FAR an xmas-earned reskin of the STAR. Waiting up to a year to get it is ridiculous but it won't be if it is made a reskin.

Stop asking for nerfs on weapons all the time. This is exactly why the game sucks, because you can't just stop whining because you're losing to weapons. Maybe you should figure out how to better yourself vs these? The old HVR was IMO the only issue, and all it needed was a slight damage nerf (obviously it got a complete mechanic change). The Ntec was fine (whether people want to admit that or not) and people lost in cqc to it because they got outplayed, not because the gun is broken in cqc. 

All I see is whine whine whine in these threads. I feel like you guys all use something like OCA and PMG or some sort of cqc, lose to it multiple times and decide that it's the gun, not you. 

Screw off with your bull. 

• Thanks 2