Sign in to follow this  
Naphta1ene

Are there any plans to introduce region hopping and new regional servers?

I've been playing this game for a year now and I could safely say that, playing in the EU servers while living in South East Asia is not a very pleasant experience. On higher threat servers, gameplay feels very inconsistent, some enemies felt like they were firing way too fast, driving of course felt like it takes a century for your character to turn the wheel, and running into cover with a slither of health left is almost impossible. Basically everything in the game felt delayed but the EU servers are the only servers with the fastest ping for my connection.

I wouldn't mind the fix to this being that a lot of gameplay elements gets becomes client-sided instead of server-sided (though that may be upsetting to some) but I would honestly prefer to have region hopping and more regional servers available. Partially because I want to still have the option to move to a different region so that I could play with some of my international friends, mostly because I want to move the characters that I've spent so much time and money with on the EU server, to an Asian server so that I don't have to start from scratch.

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

There is something called "phasing" that will be working when the Engine Upgrade is released. Phasing will allow for a wider match-making pool by letting players from any region to get the most suitable match in regards of threat and latency. There's a post from Matt Scott somewhere around if you use the search function or browse his posted content.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Cross region play (being to play a character made on one server in any region) is planned, however, as of now there is only US West (Los Angeles) US East (New York), EU West (Netherlands?) and a planned EU East in Poland; I suppose we'll have to wait and see if playerbase can grow enough after the engine `to warrant an Asian server in the future

• Like 1

Asia District, it's going to be located at Singapore. 

Good latency for most Asia players connecting there, even Australians can get little to 50ms if from Perth and 120ms the least, as long as the submarine cable doesn't break again... like it always has lol 

The last time it had the most population was around April 2015 when it was on Singapore. so there is an Asia player base out there just 90% inactive currently. 

qJhsUgF.jpg

343 was a good number at 2015, maybe hope.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this