Thanks for making the ShowStopper Useless LO :)

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

it's because they simply dotted the dots there to indicate randomness. It's not intentional, it's simply that there's "more" edgespace than "centerspace" for the pellots to hit the chance to land at.

It may have sense with JG, but with CSG having a tighter spread... I fatigue to understand the reason for having the same mechanic, thei role is similar but a complete different weapon at the end than the JG....

9 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

It may have sense with JG, but with CSG having a tighter spread... I fatigue to understand the reason for having the same mechanic, thei role is similar but a complete different weapon at the end than the JG....

The CSG was too powerful with its predetermined spread originally.

When they went first and reworked shotgun spread, they reworked the CSG to no longer have predetermined spread, they then gave every shotgun the same mechanic for spread,, likely due to coding limitations and to nerf the powerlevel of the CSG in one go while somewhat re-balancing the other shotguns, as well as lag prevention with the server.

They did have a thread on it when they reworked shotgun spread and how it was calculated, before and after, and why. But that disappeared with the old forums. 

In the end the answer would be "to balance it better".

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

In the end the answer would be "to balance it better".

Below,  me reading this and the same time, what I was thinking while I was talking with myself : |

23 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Below,  me reading this and the same time, what I was thinking while I was talking with myself : |

it happens haha

@MattScott could you peak your eyes up there in this topic cause something is clearly not right with weapons

Showstopper - tested at 3m range i took me like 6+ shoots to not even kill an enemy(friend in that case moving left right) (im not saying i was able to do perfect shoots but i got a trigger that hit was made)
it clearly needs smaller spread or more damage overall or some other tweaks cause this gun is useless now

2 hours ago, TheSxW said:

@MattScott could you peak your eyes up there in this topic cause something is clearly not right with weapons

Showstopper - tested at 3m range i took me like 6+ shoots to not even kill an enemy(friend in that case moving left right) (im not saying i was able to do perfect shoots but i got a trigger that hit was made)
it clearly needs smaller spread or more damage overall or some other tweaks cause this gun is useless now

You really need to shoot it at a stationary target's belt buckle as this removes the variable of your aim giving an accurate representation of the gun's performance.

It's a common concept to make new guns a bit overpowered in most games. After a while the weapons will be nerfed and suddenly the gun is not 'OP' no more, then a new gun is released shortly with overpowered stats and the process repeats itself. And the funny thing is that you can't do anything about it since developers have the right to change anyhthing in the game and you agreed to it (TOS).

'I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need, hey hey'

Edited by Spy
  • Like 1

It's always been 3stk. If you can't hit a shot on the enemy, let alone 3, maybe switch to something easy like the pmg.