In Your Honest Opinion; What Defines a TryHard in APB Reloaded?

On 5/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, Snubnose said:

this and stretched, butchered graphics for every single frame possible even though they're playing on NASA computers - combined with some localization files edit for EZ mission descriptions :^)

Like this? This dude literally ha a better rig than me and I play on Max Graphics at 140fps with occasional drop to 70fps WOWZERS.

Why is that even such a trigger for you tho, some people just wanna aim, and stretching playing at min helps with that, is that tryharding?

Try Hard is only Pve Term ,but ...,a Try Hard in APB is a Macro user ,Triggerbotter or even Hacker ,nothing else.

Try Hard in APB = HACKER/CHEATER

On 5/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, Rade said:

Anyone use a cheatprogram to win.

I agree : Try Hard = Cheater, in APB or any PVP game

On 5/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, Havana said:

Boy do I miss Fairfight and ffbans.org!

Remember how many people were banned? Tons! And were just supposed to believe all is good now.

Seeing alot of questionable people lately ALOT!

I hide just to see if they can find me sometimes and they most always do. Closet wallhackers.

And of course they all macro FBW to death

amen couldn't agree with you more hallelujah

This game is tense, I'l think everyone tries their best, is just other players are more experienced (and/or) more skilled than others and know how to use every advantage they have to kill the enemy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No LTL and stun grenades aren't too strong, and no they don't need a nerf.

That is exactly the point. I did not say that stun-grenades need a nerf, I simply debunked GhosT's statement that they are the most useless grenade next to percs. Stun-grenade currently does its job better than all lethal grenades against infantry in exchange for barely-existing hard-damage.

NL-9 is horrible in general, if someone can do well with it that's a non issue, sure the only thing that can "1 shot" after a stun grenade is that and the pig, however, they are no different from Frag/conc n shotgun in a sense, but STILL takes up to 4+ seconds to set up.

In general as in by the general-folk who play LTL wrong. When LTL is used right, NL9 is superior to CCG because it can guarantee out-stunning pure-FBW players (whom have probably killed a teammate and proceeding to fight you with the FBW or nano, because reloading takes time) in the backward cycle of PIG→NL9 (which you will be in it by force if this is the 2nd player you are engaging after stunning someone).  PIG → CCG can't achieve this as the CCG's equip time is exactly the same as FBW's time-to-kill.

Good note but nobody should cook grenades without cover to begin with.

Also note that pig is a 1 shot reload, and it takes 1+ seconds to reload, along with having to not miss... through the smoke AND have hitreg actually not make the shot miss (and half the time the shot misses with the pig within range due to hitreg).

Excellent note, hitreg is a major reason as to why the PIG can still get someone killed. But we are assuming the shot connects so PIG is still best complimented by stun grenades due to their radius.

Yes, LTL is strong when used in conjunction with the stun grenade, just as any lethal weapon is strong when used in conjunction with any lethal grenade. That does not make them overpowered. Even with stun grenades being the only thing that can stun in 1 shot aside from similar opgl/osmaw shots that doesn't mean they are broken. Concs 1 shot half the vehicles in game yet noone complains about them aside from their hard damage against players.

That depends, "any lethal weapon" is a big statement to make. NL9 + Stun grenade can insta-stun unaware enemies in ranges shotguns can only dream of reaching & SMGs will require RNG-luck (you may epinephrine to arrest or have a thirsty-teammate get the Criminal). Nobody should be LTLing at such ranges but it is something far more achievable with LTL than Concussions for example, and this is assuming the stun-grenade doesn't drop perfect for a 1-shot stun.

Nobody complains about Concussions half-shotting half of the vehicles in the game because everyone plays with Pioneers, Espacios and 4x4s, these won't be one-shot by concussions.. plus the nasty self-assurance that is high-burn-fuel. I hope the patch that buffed vehicle-health to be reverted alongside high-burn-fuel being reworked or deleted, but that's a different discussion.

20 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Even if you nerfed stun grenades slightly, you'd STILL be 1 shot pig/nl-9'd.

PIG works with anything, but NL9 being able to 1-shot after that proves stun grenades aren't the most useless grenades in the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

That is exactly the point. I did not say that stun-grenades need a nerf, I simply debunked GhosT's statement that they are the most useless grenade next to percs. Stun-grenade currently does its job better than all lethal grenades against infantry in exchange for barely-existing hard-damage.

In general as in by the general-folk who play LTL wrong. When LTL is used right, NL9 is superior to CCG because it can guarantee out-stunning pure-FBW players (whom have probably killed a teammate and proceeding to fight you with the FBW or nano, because reloading takes time) in the backward cycle of PIG→NL9 (which you will be in it by force if this is the 2nd player you are engaging after stunning someone).  PIG → CCG can't achieve this as the CCG's equip time is exactly the same as FBW's time-to-kill.

Good note but nobody should cook grenades without cover to begin with.

Excellent note, hitreg is a major reason as to why the PIG can still get someone killed. But we are assuming the shot connects so PIG is still best complimented by stun grenades due to their radius.

That depends, "any lethal weapon" is a big statement to make. NL9 + Stun grenade can insta-stun unaware enemies in ranges shotguns can only dream of reaching & SMGs will require RNG-luck (you may epinephrine to arrest or have a thirsty-teammate get the Criminal). Nobody should be LTLing at such ranges but it is something far more achievable with LTL than Concussions for example, and this is assuming the stun-grenade doesn't drop perfect for a 1-shot stun.

Nobody complains about Concussions half-shotting half of the vehicles in the game because everyone plays with Pioneers, Espacios and 4x4s, these won't be one-shot by concussions.. plus the nasty self-assurance that is high-burn-fuel. I hope the patch that buffed vehicle-health to be reverted alongside high-burn-fuel being reworked or deleted, but that's a different discussion.

PIG works with anything, but NL9 being able to 1-shot after that proves stun grenades aren't the most useless grenades in the game.

ah, my bad, but you do provide good points. I'm not a fan of nl-9 myself, though I enjoy the corsair, the nl-9 feels... extremely clunky, i can't say anything about the nl-9 points really because they are right, but im not sure that nl-9's existence proves that the stun grenades aren't useless, i'd say they aren't useless, however their stamina damage focus limits their utlilty over other grenades.

18 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Like this? This dude literally ha a better rig than me and I play on Max Graphics at 140fps with occasional drop to 70fps WOWZERS.

i really do have no respect for people who do this on good rigs.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

ah, my bad, but you do provide good points. I'm not a fan of nl-9 myself, though I enjoy the corsair, the nl-9 feels... extremely clunky, i can't say anything about the nl-9 points really because they are right, but im not sure that nl-9's existence proves that the stun grenades aren't useless, i'd say they aren't useless, however their stamina damage focus limits their utlilty over other grenades.

i really do have no respect for people who do this on good rigs.

You did the same. Your comments are well on-point. Very respectable ♥♥

Even though it excels at some things and certain combinations, I also do prefer other LTL weapons over the NL9 as without secondary-ammunition, grenades or cover it becomes a death-sentence (buff its speed, MootScott. 1.56 time-to-stun is slower than a turtle and enough to die twice by even the starter STAR).

You are right, NL9 isn't enough proof as with a well-placed Concussion, NL9 can also 1-hit stun (it has to be perfect though as it exactly does 600 stamina damage). Against infantry, in addition to their 1-hit potential, stun-grenades can kill 75%ed enemies, so they can assist most average players in a lethal situation or finish what they started (except for some weapons that don't deal enough damage per shot, such as the CSG's and TAS-20's 651 damage per shot). But that is also not enough as it doesn't overcome its shortage of utility against vehicles.

When it comes to vehicles, a well-placed stun grenade can only do 121.5 hard damage.. so against meta-vehicles, I can only see it helping in a 2v2+ situation and finishing off a 4x4 (that car has 1,350 total health) in one of 2 occasions:

1 - A teammate throws a concussion (1,108.8 hard damage) at the 4x4 & the driver insists to stay in the car for a little longer.. at that point, the car being on fire would do enough self-damage (119.7‬) for the Stun-grenade to finish it off, but this rarely happens to it isn't reliable to depend on.

2- The 4x4 driver having previously hit a civilian car or a wall & did not blowtorch the car, so the 4x4 would easily gain the 119.7‬ hard damage needed for a Stun-grenade to assist a Concussion. This is much more common and likely, but it definitely doesn't work in a 1v1 mission or against competent drivers.

Of course, Stun-grenade can't help against Pioneers or Espacios. One must usually have 2 Concussions for these or do something else, because some genius decided to give them 1,600 health and roughly 91% the top speed of the fastest car in the game. (One frag-grenade can help a Concussion against these two, so frags effectively take the place of stun-grenades on the 4x4 example above). But yes, these 2 cars are exceptionally formidable, Stun-grenades can't help with these.

However..

Speaking of utility, satchel charges exist. These fill a big portion of the gap as they are also better to use against say, parked cars with the car-spawner mod. When going lethal, I would rather use a satchel instead of wasting a Concussion to disable a car. A Concussion that I could instead use against infantry.

[An Enforcer must keep in mind that Satchel Charges are 1-shot-trigerred with PIG or NL9, so these are the only LTL weapons to use when dropping a satchel against an incoming opponent. Against a stationary car however, 10 TG-8 shots will blow up the Satchel (or it can just be left alone to eventually explode). CCG does not trigger it at all].

With Satchel Charges in the game, a player can literally have the best of both worlds! Against infantry? 1-shot grenade potential with Stun-grenades. Against stationary vehicles? Satchel Charge. Against car-gameplayers? Flip their car over with yours, they'll have no choice but to exit their cars at that point (most of them will exit the car to go on the offensive, a decent LTLer actually wants this outcome).

With all these things considered, there is no way on Earth Stun-grenades are useless. It compliments and is well complimented all-around in the current state of APB. Perhaps if 1-shot Concussions return, Stun-grenades will lose value.

i guess anything that goes over the line and beyond to win a game.

You can use the meta and still not really be a "tryhard". Maybe because you aren't so confident in your aim or because the people you are against, might just be more experienced than you.

9 hours ago, swindIe said:

amen couldn't agree with you more hallelujah

Imagine how good you could be using a wall hack.  Even the worst player in the world shouldn't need aim assist or a triggerbot if you have the advantage of always knowing your enemies location and health.

My only problem is premades that act like hard  shit when they're playing against uncordinated teams. I don't mind a fair loss you win you lose some, but when they literally can't have a chill match against people they KNOW  they will win against is just cancer. bonus points if half of your team is dethreating so you end up playing a 4 v 3 when its supposed to be a 4 v 5.

• Like 1

While I do understand that trying in a competitive game is natural, and that the term 'tryhard' is heavily overused, there is that demographic that everyone recognizes. The point of a pvp game is to not have "fair fights" in the sense that you don't want to give your opponent an advantage over you. But there is that type of person that cheeses in any way possible for that juicy "You Won". The type who seems like they're compensating for something by crutching on anything they can use. The type that just makes the game not fun for the enemy because of how much they make it clear their hearts can only pump when they get a kill. The ones that know they can already win if they put in a fraction of the energy they did, but want to assert that they can get the maximum possible amount of points that mission. The one you ask, "c'mon, isn't this excessive for a game?"

On one hand, it's a failure on the game if you're an always-chill, causal team who gets matched up against this type over and over, but on the other, players are ultimately responsible for choosing their playstyle. Matchmaking puts you against them, and the game is designed in a way that there is so much incentive to act this way, but there's also a special sub-breed of this type that intentionally dethreats and pulls this kind of thing in Bronze district. Lately, there's been a notable increase in the amount of players that do this. The ones that could very easily hold their ground in Silver, and aren't grouped with any newbies or low skill players, so they don't really have an excuse. The only explanation is that they don't care who their enemies are, they just want the maximum points on the board, and are willing to ruin the game for others to get that juicy maximum possible score to fuel their egos.

gms4Vt6.png

Made this a day or two ago, might as well slap it on

Fr though, don't really care if you play minimal settings and stretched on your own, but why on earth would you stream/record with those settings?

Might as well show off Kovaaks or something instead if you really don't care at all about looks 🤨

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't call only getting out of their car when theyre behind you with their PMG/Ntec tryhard, it's just how the top gameplay meta is right now.

What I would call tryharding/cancer is for example pulling out 1 or 2 aligs/rocket launchers on car delivery missions (especially calabria ones), running with the item, putting the item onto really difficult to get to spots, percs, percs+pig, stacking shotguns/snipers(especially on defense) one per team is fine tho and playing with heavy hvr

someone who'd rather complain about everything than just leave

On 5/5/2020 at 6:50 AM, Thaumaturge said:

You seem to misunderstand something.

Most good players, i'd even argue and say "good" players play like that because it is the most optimal way to play. They aren't tryharding, it's just the natural way to play the game. After a point playing like that is simply habit.

APB has devolved into this: Stomping morons who can barely operate a mouse 95% of the time, and getting good opp the other 5% of the time.

^I think this explains it very well.

On 5/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Acornie said:

Tryhard is such an overused term I don't even think it really means anything anymore, you can take a 'tryhard' and break it down into components, 1. using every advantage possible, but that's moreso the game's fault than theirs. If someone sits behind waist high cover and spams the heck out of crouch every CR762 shot despite being in hardly any danger, it's still something he can do because the game allows him to, carplaying in a Vegas? It has insane accel for the health it has, not really his fault for picking the most obvious choice (yes I know Pioneer too) I know I started with numbers that's all I really got. I personally don't see how using every advantage possible is even that fun, especially if it's against opp that isn't even challenging, but that's just my personality I guess. Nothing wrong with taking a PvP game competitively, can't really worry or police how serious someone takes a game.

^Agree.

Edited by ExoticZ
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

^Agree.

^Agree.

idnO i seem to agree to your agrees which means you are right.

According to the strict meaning of the word, a Tryhard is characterized by having extraordinary abilities to play, and for this reason, he is considered an expert player by the community.

While many of us enjoy this video game, to become a tryhard player requires an intense level of skill, dedication, and talent.

Edited by Xandra94

In my book, a tryhard is someone who puts clout and winning at any cost over having fun. There are a lot of people out there who fit this description that wouldn't admit it though.

• Like 2

A tryhard is anyone better than you that you cannot accept is better.

So they aren't better, they are just trying harder.

It's like going 1-7 and then being like "lol wasnt trying".

Nah fam, you just get outplayed,

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

A tryhard is anyone better than you that you cannot accept is better.

So they aren't better, they are just trying harder.

It's like going 1-7 and then being like "lol wasnt trying".

Nah fam, you just get outplayed,

Lol nah, tryhards aren't always "better" than you. You can pub stomp them and force them negative, and they'll get a single kill on that silver newbie on your team and run the entire time. That doesn't make them "better" at all.

As for not trying and getting outplayed, let's be honest, thats a drastic mischaracterization.

I don't always try either, i'll pop on a eol or some really bad underpowered weapon and play Runescape at the same time on my phone. I may go negative but legit wasn't trying either. I've had people mock me when I go neg like cool but i really wasn't trying. Get them next match, carry my team, force the enemies negative, and have them calling hacks. Like cool guys, told you I wasn't trying earlier, want a cookie to feel better?

Some players people don't even put any effort into facing either. We all know the few players who just are NOT FUN to play against no matter the situation regardless of whether you win or not, it just doesn't feel good to face them. Like nah fam i'm going to save my effort for someone who doesn't make me want to suicide. Thanks though.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

Lol nah, tryhards aren't always "better" than you. You can pub stomp them and force them negative, and they'll get a single kill on that silver newbie on your team and run the entire time. That doesn't make them "better" at all.

As for not trying and getting outplayed, let's be honest, thats a drastic characterization.

I don't always try either, i'll pop on a eol or some really bad underpowered weapon and play Runescape at the same time on my phone. I may go negative but legit wasn't trying either. I've had people mock me when I go neg like cool but i really wasn't trying. Get them next match, carry my team, force the enemies negative, and have them calling hacks. Like cool guys, told you I wasn't trying earlier.

Some players people don't even put any effort into facing either. We all know the few players who just are NOT FUN to play against no matter the situation regardless of whether you win or not, it just doesn't feel good to face them. Like nah fam i'm going to save my effort for someone who doesn't make me want to suicide. Thanks though.

2 types of people... people who say "tryhard" and people who know their own skill level

My definition is someone who uses exploits to win such as glitching the item into an inaccessible area.

In district, it seems like most people who say "tryhard" are referring to players who use intended game mechanics to win, such as taking cover when shot.

Stretched resolution players aren't tryhard, they're disabled.

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

2 types of people... people who say "tryhard" and people who know their own skill level

I mean, I know my skill level, and I can toe to toe vs certain players who play this game like it's some sort of Overwatch World Cup Tournament when I care to. But that doesn't mean i don't call them tryhards for trying way too hard against a team of full silvers with 1 gold. xD

4 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, I know my skill level, and I can toe to toe vs certain players who play this game like it's some sort of Overwatch World Cup Tournament when I care to. But that doesn't mean i don't call them tryhards for trying way too hard against a team of full silvers with 1 gold. xD

Weird name to give someone for being better than someone else.

Or to someone who plays the game as intended.

• Like 1