In Your Honest Opinion; What Defines a TryHard in APB Reloaded?

3 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

(stun grenade)

Stun grenades are so underwhelming. They don't stun unless you're dead center on your enemy, and the blast radius is pretty much non existant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clarie said:
  • 3d glasses 
  • entirely black clothes
  • dictionary names

this and stretched, butchered graphics for every single frame possible even though they're playing on NASA computers - combined with some localization files edit for EZ mission descriptions :^)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

this and stretched, butchered graphics for every single frame possible even though they're playing on NASA computers - combined with some localization files edit for EZ mission descriptions :^)

I feel very offended by this

27 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Stun grenades are so underwhelming. They don't stun unless you're dead center on your enemy, and the blast radius is pretty much non existant.

Its blast radius is higher than those of concussions, percussions and low-yields. Stun grenade still does something where these 3 are completely useless. It only loses in that aspect to frag grenades.

All black clothes so you know they are better than you and your silly capitalistic materialism, breast/bottom symbol that shows their animu coomer supremacy over the server and how to properly invest APB$ in the market. 

All jokes aside now ever since I started playing a few weeks ago I don't think I've seen a lot of people tryharding, if anyone, really. 

And i'd say car surfing and OSMAW or getting a kill above your enemy on the last stage and then running away from them, but that's plain old cringe, est 2011

Edited by _chain

To me that's only really the kind of people who try pull out some cheese strat in the last stage to gain that 600 score by any means possible.

When you choose your in-game shoes not because of aesthetics,
but based on how much noise they generate.

(Yep, that's what I totally did. 😐 )

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

You mean players that will do anything in their power to win however dirty tactics they may apply.

• Like 1

For me is tryhard when people very coordinate atak.

On what using for Guns or cars a

I can not see they tryhard or not.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:50 AM, Thaumaturge said:

They aren't tryharding, it's just the natural way to play the game. After a point playing like that is simply habit.

APB has devolved into this: Stomping morons who can barely operate a mouse 95% of the time, and getting good opp the other 5% of the time.

What you're saying makes sense - but i think those 2 are not exclusive. Once I play a game long enough, I naturally become a tryhard. It's my normal way of playing - but that doesn't make it not tryhard. After 5k hours in Dota 2, it's hard to not play tryhard, because you know all the mechanics - and it's very competitive. Why not use them? You basically have to use them. (This does turn my games way less fun at times.)

In APB... eh, I'm not that good - but when I get nooby enemies, it rarely is fun to uber-stomp them. I don't have that "issue" in Dota 2, since there is a way bigger playerbase and thus much more close matching.

In both games, when I do get bad enemies, it's much more fun to go for meme-y builds/loadouts. This kinda gives them a better chance and is more fun - and:

This isn't super tryhard - you could still stick with using every available mechanic and advantage. This doesn't seem too natural to me.

Playing on a high-level and tryharding there however? Is that really tryhard, when everyone is doing it and it's kinda required? This seems like the natural way of playing there.

But... if you're stomping noobs with strats that really wouldn't be needed - that's actually tryhard. And... eh. Seems like a bad habit.

Howver, there are more ways of tryharding than the "naturally skilled, high-level player" one to me - e.g. running in APB. This isn't a good or skilled strat, not even required by any means - it's just trying too hard to win.

Edited by neophobia

WHAT DEFINES A TRYHARD IN APB RELOADED?

I retain them slipt in 2 categories:

1*

People "abuse some" apb mechanics, spots, griefing your mission or calling clan/friends for doing so + insulting the air you breath and family maybe too, cause maybe after using everything they get mad and the only way they answer to it, it's just insulting and griefing your playtime.

I accept players to play dump (and me too I switch sometimes to the dump side, but that's only because you are a lot better than me and make u suffer a little become a duty XD), but insulting in a game cause you lose... eh come on bro,  if you play for insult, take a break and breath outside and do the same with some people at the distance of your nose, you will get what you give in boi, games are made for enjoy and turning off our mind, better spend your time to a therapist if it'already fucked up...

Some French boys (yes boys, no the girls are overall "over-ok" ) I hope you will understand that, we  other players of other nations are good teamates, just give us sometimes a changes XD...

2*

People use cheat.... worst and saddest tryhard of every game... if you want the god mode play alone in some custom game, why bothering the others, where is the fun?

• Thanks 1

I honestly think there's two types of tryhards; You got the ones that do indeed try their best to win, relying on their skills and tactics plus assuming they're with others, communication with teammates to ensure they win. They learn the game, learn the weapons and react accordingly to the opponents' own weapons and tactics to win. They can be frustrating to play against but are also a good way to test your mettle and even improve your own skills in the game, sometimes you can learn one or two things from playing against them. 

Then there's the other type that is tryhard in every sense of the word; they try their best to win just like the group i mentioned above, but instead, they exploit everything they can, including glitches and cheats. They're the people who run in a premade with a pioneer with one or two guys running the repair tool and a volcano ontop car surfering. They're not he fun ones

• Thanks 1

Using the most effective weapons and loadout / cars that are known to achieve results does not create a tryhard.

Tryhard is a mindset, a way of life for some.

They are the people that are above their own team, if it goes wrong you are to blame not them and in fact they cannot lose as it's never their fault.

Helping you is not how it works, you either help them or get told to go to a bronze server.

When a tryhard wins it really is a great achievement, they are so proud to have slaughtered a weaker team and like to tell you about it.

If however they lose there will always be a backup excuse such as you were using op weapons or they were having connection issues hence the sudden disconnect prior to losing the mission.

A bad loser, a bad winner and someone that you can rely on to give up half way during a mission when things start to fall apart.

This is the Tryhard of APB, spitting on you since RTW.

20 hours ago, neophobia said:

What you're saying makes sense - but i think those 2 are not exclusive. Once I play a game long enough, I naturally become a tryhard. It's my normal way of playing - but that doesn't make it not tryhard. After 5k hours in Dota 2, it's hard to not play tryhard, because you know all the mechanics - and it's very competitive. Why not use them? You basically have to use them. (This does turn my games way less fun at times.)

In APB... eh, I'm not that good - but when I get nooby enemies, it rarely is fun to uber-stomp them. I don't have that "issue" in Dota 2, since there is a way bigger playerbase and thus much more close matching.

In both games, when I do get bad enemies, it's much more fun to go for meme-y builds/loadouts. This kinda gives them a better chance and is more fun - and:

This isn't super tryhard - you could still stick with using every available mechanic and advantage. This doesn't seem too natural to me.

Playing on a high-level and tryharding there however? Is that really tryhard, when everyone is doing it and it's kinda required? This seems like the natural way of playing there.

But... if you're stomping noobs with strats that really wouldn't be needed - that's actually tryhard. And... eh. Seems like a bad habit.

Howver, there are more ways of tryharding than the "naturally skilled, high-level player" one to me - e.g. running in APB. This isn't a good or skilled strat, not even required by any means - it's just trying too hard to win.

I pretty much agree with this but would go further.

A tryhard will utilize any and every play in the book to win, regardless of the enemies skill level. Doesn't matter if they are new, casual, or competitive. The only goal is to win, by any means necessary, and in some cases, to look good for "twitch" viewers and ego. (I know some of yall are like this)

Playing a bunch of low rank bronzes and trainees (or anyone for that matter) and car hop to annihilate them on the way to next point consistently as they spawn? Yeah thats tryhard af, and an extremely bad habit. I know people who find it "fun" because it nets them kills, but it's honestly extremely cheap and part of the reason so many people have left the game. Good job on being a sh*tbag.

Spawn rushing from the objective as defense to kill a spawner/two? Tryhard af

Play against enemies of similar skill level and exploit car mechanics to glitch the item/oneself where you shouldn't be to net an eas(y/ier) win? Tryhard and potentially a glitch abuser - I've seen some like this and report them for it, sadly they've never been banned.

Feel the need to abuse well known glitched item mechanics against a bunch of silvers with 1/2 golds as premade gold group? Tryhard Especially knowing that some of yall set up macros to do it. It's lame, its stupid, and the game creators shouldn't have to fix every stupid little bug in game because your sorry asses can't NOT abuse them.

Running in APB is kinda tryhard, but it's more or less just lame on various levels. I'd consider it just lame, that is unless the enemy has a vegas push going on behind the item/vip to bypass the game's speed reduction. (Honestly wish they'd fix this but there's no real way to)

While it's true that at some point you become so skilled that it's hard to not seem like a tryhard, there are often extremely clear differences in gameplay between non-tryhards, and tryhards in the above, as well as weapon usage. (Ie. Using Odin vs Ursus)

(I don't see car rushing in itself tryhard if you're there sniping or at range intentionally camping, however if you just spawned and the enemy defender/offense is driving around specifically to hunt your spawn. Yeah that's tryhard.)

---- Maybe I should say "playing like a POS" is what makes you a tryhard but that would probably be too broad ----

(And no explosives aren't tryhard)

Merged.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, Lily Rain said:

Its blast radius is higher than those of concussions, percussions and low-yields. Stun grenade still does something where these 3 are completely useless. It only loses in that aspect to frag grenades.

While true, it's effective stun range is still rather small, and the weapons that follow up on the stuns, tend to also take longer to stun than it would to get a kill if you didnt get it perfect.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

56 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

While true, it's effective stun range is still rather small, and the weapons that follow up on the stuns, tend to also take longer to stun than it would to get a kill if you didnt get it perfect.

No.

NL9 » Does 400 stamina damage per shot, so it can finish the job with 1 shot if the stun grenade was not perfect, meaning 0.00 seconds time-to-stun when used as a follow up. Leefekyn did this a lot on stream as he likes to main NL9 when going Less Than Lethal.

PIG » 950 stamina damage per shot, so it finishes the job if the grenade barely connects. This is why Stun-grenade range-wise actually complements PIG THE BEST compared to ALL other grenade types as it still connects when they don't, except for regular frag grenades. Also 0.00 seconds follow up.

CCG » When combined with stun-grenades, this weapon can chain wonders like this in no time flat:

unknown.png

Stun-grenade's only weak-point is that it can't fend off vehicles.

I think yelling that someone is a try hard is as childish as yelling at people for camping when they are defending an objective.

• Like 1

Someone who is using all the moves to kill you (leaning jumping out leaning) even when you clearly are just playing casually. And have died multiple times to them

Everybody using:

• Stun opgl.
  • TrueOgre.
  • Volcano.

also without real opposition.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, Talla said:

When you choose your in-game shoes not because of aesthetics,
but based on how much noise they generate.

(Yep, that's what I totally did. 😐 )

In that aspect, everyone who try-hard are barefoot, op can only hear feet slaps (which sounds like someone beating meat to ground...) when you are really close to them.

I saw a lot of this.

On 5/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, Queen of Love said:

Everybody using:

• Stun opgl.
  • TrueOgre.
  • Volcano.

also without real opposition.

Stun OPGL -> Get inside car and they can do shit

True Ogre -> A bit of distance or not letting yourself to be jumped and they can do shit

Volcano -> You see them and they are automatically fucked. Mini-rockets fly so slow that it's not hard to avoid them if you know their direction.

Real try-hards use JGs, PMGs and N-Tecs. Anything with as least downsides as possible.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

• Dictionary names
  • Wearing a hoodie
  • Jazzy theme
  • Optional:
    • Joker Carbine with using scroll up & down to shoot fast.
    • 4x4 vegas
    • 3d glasses
    • Dictonary clan name
    • Spamming V while running all the time
    • Toxic attitude to less skilled players. / Suck-up to better players.

But being all serious.. The kind of player that plays as if they would die IRL by losing the mission.

• Running with objectives,
  • Camping at hard spots in takeout missions
  • Doing everything possible to get MVP, such as prioritizing kills over mission objective in every situation.
Edited by Infinito
  • Like 2

I am so very sorry that I won the mission using in-game available items and tactics you don't acknowledge or are difficult or annoying to deal with, next time I will play in a way you tell me, with equipment you allowed me to use so you have easier time to win a mission. You see where am I going with it? Who are you to judge what's right or wrong? What is it with your make up rules, I don't think there is a legit list every player signed in for.

Yes, you can tell that running away with item in Vegas last minute, knowing that enemies don't have technical ability to regroup, counter, nor even catch up to you could be considered scrub, try hard move, but why give enemy slightest chance to win? It's game development team who should adjust things like that, things that are abused to gain more advantage that you should have over enemies, based on community feedback so the game is fun both ways, very difficult process.

Also, I have seen percs mentioned, like everywhere for last 10 years. I do use them, I have very difficult time with Shotguns camping every corner, percs do wonders on them, but majority of hateful comments would tell me that I am not allowed to use them, or it's scrub way, but taking 3 Shotguns on CQC full of corners on defend spot is not?

The thing I want to say is that there are no rules, as long as you don't abuse bugs, script, cheats, hacks anything and everything the GAME ALLOWS YOU TO DO is nothing more than clever game - play. The rest is nothing more than tears of fallen enemies that didn't try hard enough and neglectfulness of development team over the years.

15 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

Using the most effective weapons and loadout / cars that are known to achieve results does not create a tryhard.

Tryhard is a mindset, a way of life for some.

They are the people that are above their own team, if it goes wrong you are to blame not them and in fact they cannot lose as it's never their fault.

Helping you is not how it works, you either help them or get told to go to a bronze server.

When a tryhard wins it really is a great achievement, they are so proud to have slaughtered a weaker team and like to tell you about it.

If however they lose there will always be a backup excuse such as you were using op weapons or they were having connection issues hence the sudden disconnect prior to losing the mission.

A bad loser, a bad winner and someone that you can rely on to give up half way during a mission when things start to fall apart.

This is the Tryhard of APB, spitting on you since RTW.

Amen, that's most if the players right there. Immature

Exactly, like the guy who immediately disliked my comment, thus proving the point of the guy I was agreeing with....lol

To me, a Tryhard is a rank 255 gold in a bronze server using nothing but the Explosive weapons and a Nano secondary on people below rank 100.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

No.

NL9 » Does 400 stamina damage per shot, so it can finish the job with 1 shot if the stun grenade was not perfect, meaning 0.00 seconds time-to-stun when used as a follow up. Leefekyn did this a lot on stream as he likes to main NL9 when going Less Than Lethal.

PIG » 950 stamina damage per shot, so it finishes the job if the grenade barely connects. This is why Stun-grenade range-wise actually complements PIG THE BEST compared to ALL other grenade types as it still connects when they don't, except for regular frag grenades. Also 0.00 seconds follow up.

CCG » When combined with stun-grenades, this weapon can chain wonders like this in no time flat:

unknown.png

Stun-grenade's only weak-point is that it can't fend off vehicles.

NL-9 is horrible in general, if someone can do well with it that's a non issue, sure the only thing that can "1 shot" after a stun grenade is that and the pig, however, they are no different from Frag/conc n shotgun in a sense, but STILL takes up to 4+ seconds to set up.

Also note that pig is a 1 shot reload, and it takes 1+ seconds to reload, along with having to not miss... through the smoke AND have hitreg actually not make the shot miss (and half the time the shot misses with the pig within range due to hitreg).

Yes, LTL is strong when used in conjunction with the stun grenade, just as any lethal weapon is strong when used in conjunction with any lethal grenade. That does not make them overpowered. Even with stun grenades being the only thing that can stun in 1 shot aside from similar opgl/osmaw shots that doesn't mean they are broken. Concs 1 shot half the vehicles in game yet noone complains about them aside from their hard damage against players.

Even if you nerfed stun grenades slightly, you'd STILL be 1 shot pig/nl-9'd.

No LTL and stun grenades aren't too strong, and no they don't need a nerf.