In Your Honest Opinion; What Defines a TryHard in APB Reloaded?

To me someone is a tryhard when they are going full g-fuel injection shroud mode only getting out of their 4x4 Vegas or Pioneer when theyre behind you with their PMG/ntec and low yields with car det while utilizing every little stupid ingame mechanic to get an advantage on you to win the mission, even if it means running with an item in the car for 7 minutes or going to some really intricate jump location where the suitcase can only land on a pixel in the air.

Theres a difference between that and someone who is just a skilled player from playing the game for a long time.  When I play against someone who is super fucking obvious with their aimbot I dont really care about losing at all in the slightest ( unless I get matched against them 5 matches in an hour ) cause theyre cheating in a video game but... When its someone like [mentioned above] any of those fucking Inappropriate language removed.    - Azukii its just different, its not enjoyable to play against them at all in the slightest.

You seem to misunderstand something.

Most good players, i'd even argue and say "good" players play like that because it is the most optimal way to play. They aren't tryharding, it's just the natural way to play the game. After a point playing like that is simply habit.

APB has devolved into this: Stomping morons who can barely operate a mouse 95% of the time, and getting good opp the other 5% of the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Percs users

• Like 1

hahahah apb is only enjoyable when you pwn noobs.

tbh just got soo much crap in the game that makes it soo terrible to play missions currently.

Edited by Deadliest

Sadly every APB player is try-hard, even if they deny it.

It's caused by model of this game where your progress and prices outright suffers for any of your losses.

Respawn system works like punishment on it's own.

To that add certain toxic players attitudes where they outright spit on players in every way imaginable. Be it players of opposite team or their team.

Threats system oftentimes forces you either against worse odds or better odds - so when you as team got upper hand you basically don't give opposition breather you didn't received.

We got active cheating groups. In game where population is somewhere around thousand.

I mean I can't be only one who feels like each my death is frowned upon and every kill I did is rewarded?

It's like with kids who have such hardy dads who want you to have A+ or they throw you out of house for shitting on their dreams of doctor child. Eventually such person grows to be "try-hard" in life. Even if it's not right level to him (For example him not being cut for medicine but still trying to be good doctor).

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone use a cheatprogram to win.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

low yields

anyone using low yields atm is definitely not someone i would call a tryhard

• Like 4

6 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

fucking Inappropriate language removed.    - Azukii 

Makes me curious how inappropriate it was, seeing you kept "fucking" right there :))

Regarding the subject, I think it's more the play style than the items they use, I don't mind people playing with detonator or PMG or rocket launchers the slightest, or yields for the matter, but then I know a certain player who plays deto differently, just intentional spam of it forcing you either to die with him or to avoid the fight, or a user who hides 60+m from open target and changes location entirely after every fight, not even kill..

Basically people who abuse a specific mechanic intentionally.

If I am to mention one specific item that irritates me however, it'd be oscar, that thing is extremely mobile, accurate, good for hip fire, has long range, has a ton of ammo considering how many bullets you need to kill and the gun's accuracy

Edited by N66

7 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

To me someone is a tryhard when they are going full g-fuel injection shroud mode only getting out of their 4x4 Vegas or Pioneer when theyre behind you with their PMG/ntec and low yields with car det while utilizing every little stupid ingame mechanic to get an advantage on you to win the mission, even if it means running with an item in the car for 7 minutes or going to some really intricate jump location where the suitcase can only land on a pixel in the air.

i am very curious that u complain about low yields, pmg/ntec and pioneer/vegas. what do u use then? nl9? with cisco? 

u are complaining about the best guns and vehicles that are available for FREE in the game tho. join any other game and naturally people will be using the best items they can find. 

it is ur prerogative to use other guns than ntec/pmg or vehicles other than pioneer/vegas, but that doesn't make those who are using those items, "tryhards". 

i do not necessarily agree with the need to run with an item just to win a mission, but if it works and people are desperate for that win then so be it. 

Edited by MrBubbleTea

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Percs users

I'm at the point where I just find percs funny. Most of the time they're used by half a chimp who's too dumb to get kills without them that an average player would get. These people will continue to remain at the level of half a chimp as long as they rely on their 'press G for easy damage' weapon, so it's not really bothersome. I've only seen a few decent or good players, who are actually dangerous with the things, use them lately.

Everyone's going to have different mileage in terms of what bothers them in terms of tryhardism, and you can be damn certain that nearly everyone has been up against a specific tactic or weapon that pissed them off, but at some point in their APB play have done that themselves. A lot depends on mood.

I only really find myself wondering how sad the oppo are if they're running to take a draw on deathmatch final stages, running with the item, or organised teams stacking N-HVRs against PuG groups - and honestly I haven't seen much of the last on that list lately.

45 minutes ago, N66 said:

or a user who hides 60+m from open target and changes location entirely after every fight, not even kill..

Am I missing something here? Surely changing location after gunfights is a sensible way to play?

Unless it's a target they're supposed be doing and are just farming the defending team for kills.

Edited by MrChan

42 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Am I missing something here? Surely changing location after gunfights is a sensible way to play?

Unless it's a target they're supposed be doing and are just farming the defending team for kills.

Nah, I didn't put it to words properly, everyone camps around target and protects, and the game is designed around not being able to camp in a single spot, but it's one thing to go around and protect actively, and another thing to backstab once, then run 130m+ to the opposite direction to hide at another spot, and refuse to make a noise or shoot unless the enemy starts doing the target (with Obeya long range), and repeat, and to make it worse, if you get off target and shoot back he hides entirely, no sustained fight, no holding ground, just hide, and shoot when the player touches the target, you can't do the target in 2 min like that unless you have WH and go to the hiding spot directly.

Boy do I miss Fairfight and ffbans.org!

Remember how many people were banned? Tons! And were just supposed to believe all is good now.

Seeing alot of questionable people lately ALOT!

I hide just to see if they can find me sometimes and they most always do. Closet wallhackers.

And of course they all macro FBW to death.

7 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Percs users

Seeing how percs are the least useful grenades besides stun grenades, not really.

16 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Seeing how percs are the least useful grenades besides stun grenades, not really.

stungrenadejoke.png

• Like 2

Really there are two definitions to me. 

1. Is when you are totally outclassed, the opp is gold, or has volcano, or that evil glory, Team has better coordination, communication ect. And You keep running back Trying Hard n Getting Whacked.

2. Is when You are on the opp team that has volcanoes, glory's, maybe some cheats, whatever but your team is got the other by the Balls, n they won't let up any. In other words they continue to 'Carpet Bomb', spawn check n literally Paste the enemies patootie, when its clearly Overkill. 

However it is a Combat game, not word search or a Easter egg hunt. When You click that K button, You need to know "No Quarter is Asked n None Taken"

A Tryhard is someone who mains a modded-PMG, Ωmodded Pioneer, gets consistently arrested by LTL-fragile and ends up crying: PMG is not stronk !! LTL is overpowered !! plz nerf LTL or I DDoS Jericho.

• 3d glasses 
  • entirely black clothes
  • dictionary names
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, N66 said:

Makes me curious how inappropriate it was, seeing you kept "fucking" right there :))

IKR? Mods literally wont take action against me sending screenshots of people telling me to kill myself and how they plan on killing me on an airplane and shit but one little made up no no word gets me instantly forum silenced for 14 days despite all of the much more inappropriate name calling, name and shame, and other related subjects but its whatever honestly at this point, the mod team doesnt even bother to tell me why 80% of the time like theyre supposed to. 

Most of the time anything I even bother to post while " silenced " just gets instantly denied, no matter the length of the post nor the subject at all and I receive to reason as to why so oh well :^)
Yet this kinda shit is allowed, funny how that works right???

4 hours ago, MrChan said:

Most of the time they're used by half a chimp who's too dumb to get kills without them that an average player would get. These people will continue to remain at the level of half a chimp as long as they rely on their 'press G for easy damage' weapon, so it's not really bothersome.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Remember how many people were banned? Tons! And were just supposed to believe all is good now.

Ah yes, the platform that would allow cheaters to run rampant for weeks/months on end and couldnt even catch super blatant aimbot and was also abused to silence people cause someone was paying them to do so, great system abused by an even greater " company "

5 hours ago, N66 said:

Basically people who abuse a specific mechanic intentionally.

If I am to mention one specific item that irritates me however, it'd be oscar, that thing is extremely mobile, accurate, good for hip fire, has long range, has a ton of ammo considering how many bullets you need to kill and the gun's accuracy

^ As I had stated, kinda poorly but still, in my first post when I started the threat; Anyone abusing anything in the games mechanics to win.  There's alot more I should I have posted for examples but most of them have already been typed out. ( Also, Oscar plays genuinely impress me cause I cant use that gun and hit the braodside of a barn LOL )

For me, when I get my patootie completely handed to in a mission but its against people who are just genuinely skilled at the game and not shooting volcano from 100m at target, using snipers to snipe the OBJ from 90meters away after hiding it in a really complicated spot, only getting out of the car to jump out and abuse the car bug to have an advantage on you, or any of that kind of shit, I really dont mind and it allows me to take a step back and reevaluate what I was doing and try to improve myself from there. I dont know, maybe I just need to stop playing apb cause what Ive just described is literally all I run into nowadays and Im not having fun anymore to the point I no longer even feel the desire to play, partially because of the shit playerbase thats left being only the toxic portion of the community that is NOW the community doing this kind of stupid shit every mission, and also partially because there is no longer anything to be obtained from playing.... 99% of my friends have already quit, my clan died with the last merge because of absurd ping, theres nothing left to unlock or do, I just dont know.  I want to enjoy the game I love so much but I just cant anymore and it really frustrates me.

5 hours ago, MrBubbleTea said:

i am very curious that u complain about low yields, pmg/ntec and pioneer/vegas. what do u use then? nl9? with cisco? 

u are complaining about the best guns and vehicles that are available for FREE in the game tho. join any other game and naturally people will be using the best items they can find. 

it is ur prerogative to use other guns than ntec/pmg or vehicles other than pioneer/vegas, but that doesn't make those who are using those items, "tryhards". 

i do not necessarily agree with the need to run with an item just to win a mission, but if it works and people are desperate for that win then so be it. 

I tend to use weapons that I like that are objectively garbage compared to everything else that is already in the game, not only because I refuse to be a fuzzy bunny as Im sick of having the dumb overpowered bullshoot used against me, same with abusing mechanics that somehow havent been fixed yet, but because Id like to just have some fun instead of hunching over my keyboard while profusely sweating all over it with my face against the screen, on the game Im using a config for to delete every single little detail, so I can see the pixels of my enemies moving.

46 minutes ago, Clarie said:
  • 3d glasses 
  • entirely black clothes
  • dictionary names

not gonna name names, but... I have a feeling I know who is being referred to :^)

15 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

idk..but i know whos the biggest tryhard on forums dou..

I sweat to god if this is bait and I fall for it Imma quit APB for the 29th time 😠

those who do nothing but absolutely play the most optimal way, even when their opposition is outnumbered or clearly outmatched

I've seen people carplaying in a vegas 4x4 pushing the enemy team's spawns - and we were matched against bronzes and silvers. What the fuck?

15 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

not gonna name names, but... I have a feeling I know who is being referred to :^)

There's a surprising amount of people, aside from that friend of ours, who do this

1 hour ago, Havana said:

I hide just to see if they can find me sometimes and they most always do. Closet wallhackers.

And of course they all macro FBW to death.

I've noticed a few prominent ones who got FF'd aren't as good anymore. I'm sure it's just lack of practice from when they had 'unfair ban' though.

Tryhard is such an overused term I don't even think it really means anything anymore, you can take a 'tryhard' and break it down into components, 1. using every advantage possible, but that's moreso the game's fault than theirs. If someone sits behind waist high cover and spams the heck out of crouch every CR762 shot despite being in hardly any danger, it's still something he can do because the game allows him to, carplaying in a Vegas? It has insane accel for the health it has, not really his fault for picking the most obvious choice (yes I know Pioneer too) I know I started with numbers that's all I really got. I personally don't see how using every advantage possible is even that fun, especially if it's against opp that isn't even challenging, but that's just my personality I guess. Nothing wrong with taking a PvP game competitively, can't really worry or police how serious someone takes a game.

• Like 2

I agree with Acornie the term "tryhard" is probably overused at this point. There are things in APB that are annoying and can be abused, fortunately or unfortunately depending on which side you're on. Two things I notice a lot are car "rushing" and crouch "spamming" to avoid shots; however, with the way the game is designed it's inevitable people will find and use things that give them an advantage. There are weapons and mechanics that need tweaks, absolutely, but there always is and always will be things people use that are considered part of the "meta" of a game no matter how frustrating it may or may not be for others.

Granted you die enough to remote detonation or the firebomb in the spawn on Baylan and you can only laugh, or cry depending, at the absurdity at some point.

Edited by Solacium