Sign in to follow this  
greenfield

The Green Threat

Guys, any chance to have the green threat removed ? And perhaps replaced with something above gold? Here's 2 arguments for that.

1. green threat is just useless, i don't believe there are many green players around. Players who are genuinely green threat are pretty much a lost cause for the game anyway.. 

2. gold threat is too easy to obtain and that results in the skill gap in the gold threat to be quite big. If you have lets say 10 levels of gold threat, maybe it might be worth considering, as an idea, to extend it to maybe 15 or 20? There are a certain amount of players in this game that almost feel invincible and they are definitively above the current available max threat.

Thank you

• Like 1

I don't think there's enough players (or even skilled) to warrant a threat above gold yet. RTW's rank system comes to mind. (Although a neat Platinum rank would be nice.)
No reason to remove the green threat though, you're saying they're a lost cause but if they're enjoying the game let them.

• Like 1

Ok, but, wouldn't a better solution be to make every threat harder to achieve making green relevant and having gold mean something?

• Like 5

Weekly threat reminder:

You colour of threat is not your actual rating. Your hidden ELO is what everything actually goes off. Adding another threat colour above gold does not actually do or change anything.

If you want colour changes, adjusting where the colours lie on the ELO bell curve is how you do it just like it has been done twice before.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spherii said:

I don't think there's enough players (or even skilled) to warrant a threat above gold yet. RTW's rank system comes to mind. (Although a neat Platinum rank would be nice.)

At current threat or RTW threat everyone would just simply jump by threat and that would be it. Golds would become platinums, silver golds, bronzes silvers etc.

8 hours ago, Acornie said:

Ok, but, wouldn't a better solution be to make every threat harder to achieve making green relevant and having gold mean something?

You are right. Although we would need to deal with salt on forums if such thing would be implented. Hell, even I'm not sure I would be gold if that would be real challenge, especially with that software lags I have. There is also fact that higher threats don't receive anything for straight up being punished for being good.

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Weekly threat reminder:

You colour of threat is not your actual rating. Your hidden ELO is what everything actually goes off. Adding another threat colour above gold does not actually do or change anything.

Correct. People think that RTW system is gone but what we got is reformed RTW system. In RTW threat was 1 to 10. Here we got visible sections (Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold) and subsections in them (from 1 to 10).

If you jump threat back and forth, your are between lower threat 10 and higher threat 1. It's also reason why even after losing many fights you still are somehow locked firmly in one threat.

So seriously, people should stop this RTW threat system glorifications because what they face is exactly the same system with modernization...

9 hours ago, greenfield said:

1. green threat is just useless, i don't believe there are many green players around. Players who are genuinely green threat are pretty much a lost cause for the game anyway.. 

Not a single damn fair player is a lost cause in this game.

Taking bullshoot lower threats got honest green receive my honest support as they are playing despite constantly clearly losing.

9 hours ago, greenfield said:

2. gold threat is too easy to obtain and that results in the skill gap in the gold threat to be quite big. If you have lets say 10 levels of gold threat, maybe it might be worth considering, as an idea, to extend it to maybe 15 or 20? There are a certain amount of players in this game that almost feel invincible and they are definitively above the current available max threat.

It would add even more confusion to already confusing threat system. Additional colors are needed.

The only real thing I hate about green is that players are defined by their clearly visible ranks. It creates salt in many players.

Edited by Mitne

11 hours ago, Spherii said:

No reason to remove the green threat though, you're saying they're a lost cause but if they're enjoying the game let them.

A threat above Gold wouldn't really do anything even if there was the playerbase to support it. What's max threat now would still be max threat, you'd just have a visual differentiation between someone at the bottom of the current Gold scale and someone at the top of it. The numbers behind it used by the matchmaking system wouldn't change.

Edited by MrChan

The current threat systems as it stands doesnt mean jack as its extremely broken and abused by less then ideal players.

1. It is way too easy to get gold as stated by op, someone made a video afew yrs ago where they were passive on a new acc. Never once killed and got gold just by doing objectives and winning. You cant accurately give someone a threat if they do this.

2. Dethreaters have abused the system to no end and so many ppl have threats that dont reflect their true skill so that makes what you see and have meaningless.

3. The population of APB is so small now that fair matches are a rarity, however matches were always unfair even when the game had a population so this honestly doesnt affect threat as much as 1 and 2 do.

4. You have high time vets in districts they dont really belong in curb stomping newbies just to flaunt their ego and feel good. This newbies cant grow and threat up properly as they gain knowledge and skill of APB.

Edited by Darkzero3802

On 5/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, greenfield said:

1. green threat is just useless

the current matchmaking and threat scoring is partially what makes green useless.

quite a few bronzes should of stayed green and quite a few silvers shouldn't of even made bronze.

matchmaking and threat is already mentioned by Little Orbit to need a rework.

why add another, higher threat level when there aren't even enough players to sort by threat properly.

2 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Add blood threat above gold.

"Aids" threat

14 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Add blood threat above gold.

Ew. I would purposefully dethreat...

13 hours ago, Gusvato3080 said:

"Aids" threat

Silver players are statistically more likely to have aids.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Ew. I would purposefully dethreat...

Pretty sure you wont even make to this threat anyways 😁

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

11 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Pretty sure you wont even make to this threat anyways 😁

It was already established with how threat works as everyone who achieve gold I would and additionality to that nobody would be happy from their new color.

And you were defeated on numerous occassions by me, so quit your bullshoot.

Edited by Mitne

Sign in to follow this