Sign in to follow this  
Acornie

The Joker M9

Should the Joker M9 be added into the game?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Joker M9 be added into the game?

• Yes
    • No

As we wait here patiently for the final stretch before Q1 2014 finally dawns I thought I'd take some time to write about something I've been thinking about awhile: Anyway, to the point. There's several things that for one reason or another during development, or just simply over time, did not end up in the game in the intended way. Many things stayed in the lore despite not showing up ingame fully (Forsche Bank, Midtown, various criminal factions) and this is one of those things, but this one is a bit different.

One item oddly has been left out, even though in many ways it's still in the game, and I'll try to make the case that it needs to be added. First of all, the email for 'Joker 45's / Joker Gunworks' writes about a sidearm, unamed in the email,  that "over half of the gun homicides between April 2005 and September 2007 in San Paro were committed with their powerful and compact handguns" and that "many of their weapons reaching the streets cannot be accounted for through legitimate sales." an integral gun manufacturer's bio talks about a gun that seemingly is absent from the game. The gun from the description is tied to the criminals as much as it's tied to civilians. So most logically it's referring to the 'Joker M9' that never made it's way fully into the game (it only seems logical it is not referring to the RFP-9, since that description says how it was designed for helicopter pilots, most likely based of the company's semi auto M9)
 3c8de40a6e.jpg

^ Taken from early gun concept pictures

You might think 'okay, but it's cut content, there's lots of that like melee weapons and flamethrowers." it's in the game already. It exists in San Paro, and there's proof

710d0c193f.png
Joker store fronts in action districts. It's even right there, on the wall! (alongside some variants of other weapons we never got but that's a different topic)
 d0d6c5c87a.png
Also the original RTW threat icons used what looks debatebly like the Joker M9 (we can agree to disagree on which gun it is, I still will use it for my evidence)

cde434bc9e.png

All in all, I would like to see this gun added into the game, to help solidify some of the backstory of the game, it only makes sense since it's already in the lore, plus I it think is a very cool looking sidearm, plus it gives some variety to the semi auto sidearms in the game. I noticed that I haven't even addressed what the sidearm would be, most people might say a FBW reskin and that kind of makes sense in the original concept of it being the criminal equivalent of the Obeya FBW

[A small caveat I have to note is that I haven't worked is why it is called Joker 45's? Is the M9 supposed chambered in .45 caliber... or was the original manufacturer of the Colby .45 intended to be Joker? Curious if someone knows why that is]

Anyway, I hope this was something interesting enough to make a thread about. #addJokerM9

Edited by Acornie
Forgot an important picture
  • Like 7

Well, looking at it, its obviously based off of the Browning Hi-Power and the M1911(which is obviously already in the game as the Colby.45) and knowing Joker, as seen with the CR-5 and TAS, they have a tendency to copycat other arms manufacturer's weapons. 

So, if anything, its justifiable that this pistol is supposed to be another one of Joker's of attempts at taking their rival's customers.  One could easily argue that in-lore that the Colby .45 is a fairly popular weapon just like the actual M1911 is today. So Joker would have a good reason to make some sort of copy of it.

• Like 1

If it's a reskin sure.

Otherwise there is really no mechanical point for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Acornie said:

The gun from the description is tied to the criminals as much as it's tied to civilians. So most logically it's referring to the 'Joker M9' that never made it's way fully into the game (it only seems logical it is not referring to the RFP-9, since that description says how it was designed for helicopter pilots, most likely based of the company's semi auto M9)

Except Joker lost the helicopter pilot contract to Somatic. After which:

... the RFP-9 still found favor with the citizens of San Paro, who noticed that the high up-front damage made for an effective way to finish an engagement before it's even started.

4 hours ago, Acornie said:

You might think 'okay, but it's cut content, there's lots of that like melee weapons and flamethrowers." it's in the game already. It exists in San Paro, and there's proof
 [image]
Joker store fronts in action districts. It's even right there, on the wall! (alongside some variants of other weapons we never got but that's a different topic)
 [image]

It's technically already in the game though?

The "Joker M9", referred to in that weapons catalogue image, ended up becoming the "Joker RFP-9" in a similar way that the "Dart Gun" became the "Stabba - TG-8", and the "Stun Gun - NL9-STABBA" became the "Stabba - PIG".

yOBd8g2.jpg

The model just received some kind of box thing on the front, and an extended magazine

pkjDq71.png

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more weapon variants in the game. But I'm not sure an early RFP model is quite the right fit.

Joker RFP?

3744c07ade21b863e6f426ccb26ff968.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IIRC the leftovers were used for the yukon?

But I think it's just the RFP-9 without the extended mag and muzzle brake.

Edited by GhosT

while on the topic of unused gun models, gimme those scoped shotguns!
pn6k9x1.jpgIO8c0Z4.jpg

or any of those other alternative models...

like the modified carbine:
wLBOXGN.jpg

or the 100% better looking OCA whisper model:
pLiWPEl.jpg

• Like 2

No point when all the tryhards just macro the broken FBW.

WHY even have shotguns or Smgs when FBW macro wins 90% of the time. 

8 minutes ago, Havana said:

FBW can never beat SMGs in their effective range, not even with a macro.

The strife-shotgun will lose, other shotguns would melt the FBW macroer.

1 hour ago, Lily Rain said:

FBW can never beat SMGs in their effective range, not even with a macro.

The strife-shotgun will lose, other shotguns would melt the FBW macroer.

Strife would lose of its a direct 1v1 and they don’t take cover, a good corner pop with a strife would beat the FBW. 

12 hours ago, Roxl said:

Except Joker lost the helicopter pilot contract to Somatic. After which: "

The "Joker M9", referred to in that weapons catalogue image, ended up becoming the "Joker RFP-9" in a similar way that the "Dart Gun" became the "Stabba - TG-8", and the "Stun Gun - NL9-STABBA" became the "Stabba - PIG".

I see your point, and it's a compelling argument, that the M9 was left out and they redesigned it into the RFP-9 to add more weapon variations into the game, but I still feel like there's enough to differentiate the M9 as a separate gun, it's an odd thing to try and both try to think logically and to try and think about the sometimes whacky lore Apb has, I just don't think the burstfire RFP pistol fits the description in the Joker gunworks well, "found favor with the citizens of San Paro" doesn't really sound like the "powerful and compact handgun" that made the company a success in the first place. I'm probably overthinking this and just want another nice semi auto sidearm in the game (even if it's a reskin)

A part of the lore I still think about not making sense is that originally the Joker carbine and the Obeya CR762 were supposed to be the same gun but upgraded yet somehow got assigned different manufacturers

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

I'm almost certain the Yukon model is different than the Joker's, despite both looking inspired by Beretta sidearms, the Mountie taking the look of the 93R much more heavily than most RTW weapons took from real guns (directly ripping off real guns was something Reloaded liked to do much more)

5 hours ago, Snubnose said:

pn6k9x1.jpgIO8c0Z4.jpg

wLBOXGN.jpg

pLiWPEl.jpg

Yea I really prefer the left variant of whisper, all in all, I think LO should consider remodeling some of the existing guns, some models are seriously outdated and need an update. for instance, in the description, whisper comes with a "reflex sight" not a high power scope same as the hvr

16 hours ago, GhosT said:

But I think it's just the RFP-9 without the extended mag and muzzle brake.

The Mountie guns are made from scratch.  the M9 was just a placeholder and later swapped to the RFP.

12 hours ago, Havana said:

spoken like someone with 10 broken fingers 

18 hours ago, Snubnose said:

pn6k9x1.jpgIO8c0Z4.jpg

wLBOXGN.jpg

pLiWPEl.jpg

Oh my, lovely shotguns, I'd love to see tchem either as a JT exclusives or Armas ones!

Sign in to follow this