isaac-the-dad

I want to start donating - don't know where to start.

So I really like the game, and since 2014 I have racked up around 120 hours with Russian dedicated client, Steam and PS4 versions. And with that, here is my impression of this game:

1. The Contact progression becomes very slow from Tier 3 and on.
2. Missions pay really little money and buying a good car like Vegas with slots takes a lot of grind
3. There are no good guns available for purchase for in-game money, at least until I reach Tier 5 contacts. That means that guns are P2W.

Money - obviously, premium is one solution, but maybe there is some other way to make more money per mission using boosters or something?
Contact XP - again, premium, but maybe i can buy something else to speed up the process?
What kind of guns should I look into on Armas, and why?
Is there some content, like a good car, that I am better off buying immediately because it's not going to be available via in-game currency, or because it takes 500h to unlock?

I originally have started this discussion at https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/2261314050771055987/?tscn=1588 to no success.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

1. The Contact progression becomes very slow from Tier 3 and on.

No real objections here from me. The progression really slows down after a certain point, but the difference in time spent levelling up each tier is massive. Tier 1 contacts can be done in one day, Tier 2 can take several days, Tier 3 turns into weeks and so on...

43 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

2. Missions pay really little money and buying a good car like Vegas with slots takes a lot of grind

There are several ways to earn money in this game besides through playing missions.

Fight Club is an almost mindless gamemode designed almost specifically for that; you walk forward and shoot people (and sometimes do objectives) to earn cash and Joker Tickets which you can turn into permanent gear by spending them in the Joker Distribution point in the Social District.

If you're more of a creative type, you can sell your things to other players on the Marketplace or through direct trading. Back when we didn't have a trading system, I would sell T-shirts to other players for 25k APB$ each. With the 20% tax on the Marketplace, it only took 5 sales for me to turn a profit of about 100k APB$.

45 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

3. There are no good guns available for purchase for in-game money, at least until I reach Tier 5 contacts. That means that guns are P2W.

I would just like to point out that this is not what "pay to win" means. P2W is an advantage which is unique to a paying player, but realistically unavailable to a non-paying player. The last such thing in the game was the difference in orange mod cooldowns — players with Premium had their mod cooldowns reduced by 50%. Once Little Orbit took over the game, the cooldowns have been unified across the board, so now everyone can use their mods equally often.

Gear availability is only partially limited to contact progression. Contacts mostly get you preset variants, which come with already installed mods, some of which may not even be things that you would want to use on a given gun. You can unlock slotted variants of weapons independent of rank progress, by levelling up Roles. You basically have to kill people with a weapon category to get open-slotted versions of weapons in that category.

If you're interested in skipping the role grind, you can always buy 3-slotted versions of guns on Armas. It's not paying to win, it's paying to skip the grind.

57 minutes ago, isaac-the-dad said:

Is there some content, like a good car, that I am better off buying immediately because it's not going to be available via in-game currency, or because it takes 500h to unlock?

With some cosmetic exceptions, you can obtain most gameplay content — weapons, mods, vehicles — with in-game currencies. The obvious outlier would be the 4x4 Vegas, since its Joker Store price tag is pretty steep, and the car itself is currently considered a cornerstone of the meta.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am seriously impressed and it actually leaves me with no open questions anymore.
I kinda forgot that guns with slots are unlocked by roles...

1 hour ago, isaac-the-dad said:

But like 95% of the best guns in the game are all free guns?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"There are no good guns available for purchase for in-game money, at least until I reach Tier 5 contacts."

>inmediatly unlocks ntec and pmg after 30 minutes of gameplay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Star 556 for me is one of the best guns. i played with this gun for years (~6  years).

So, no, i don't think so that the game is p2w. And now you can buy G1C guns with jk permanent character.

• Like 2

Nice bait title where what the post is actually about is nothing related to the title.

11 hours ago, MartinPL said:

With some cosmetic exceptions, you can obtain most gameplay content — weapons, mods, vehicles — with in-game currencies. The obvious outlier would be the 4x4 Vegas, since its Joker Store price tag is pretty steep, and the car itself is currently considered a cornerstone of the meta.

Kinda a side note here. I've never enjoyed driving the 4x4 Vegas, as it always had too much oversteer, more so than the Jericho (at least for whenever I play) and never found the car any more helpful of a vehicle for missions, as it's armor rating is equal to that of the Standard Vegas. The only differences include, obviously, the drive type being 4wd, (which allows you to get out of "stuck" situations where you need the front wheels powered) and it's top speed lower than the Normal Vegas, whereas the acceleration is increased.

I figure with the std. Vegas being $40k base, alongside the Pioneer/Espacio, that those two/three are the meta cars.

Obviously, since I don't own drive a 4x4 (I remembered I have one from a JMB that I never touch :^) )

• Thanks 1