TzickyT

Tournaments in APB

Tournaments  

100 members have voted

1. 1. what would u like to see if there was a tournament in apb (fan made)

• Bracket Tournament
    • Clan Scrimages.
    • No tournament at all

38 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i don't have a lot of previous works ...

If you make a plan and make it look more official, I bet they wont have a problem. They are nice people after all, and bringing more light and life to APB would be welcomed.

There MUST be something more than just reaching max lvl, and getting all the items. Thats why starcraft, counter strike, league of legends and games like this live to these days.

Starting tournaments and championships would open a new doors for LO to make it more popular and make money out of it.

We all know that APB has what it takes to be a competetive game like this.

I d LOVE to see some clan/team bracket tournamets. Its better for a long run.

• Like 1

What i think would be fun:

A Clan base tournaments with weapon loadout (you need to choose your loadout for the entire match) and depending on what tournament entry you choose it will give you prizes

for example:
Free entry = just increase clan XP

50k APB$ = get's clan XP + APB$

100G1C = get's clan xp + G1C or Joker Boxes

Edited by Vasco14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vasco14 said:

What i think would be fun:

A Clan base tournaments with weapon loadout (you need to choose your loadout for the entire match) and depending on what tournament entry you choose it will give you prizes

for example:
Free entry = just increase clan XP

50k APB$ = get's clan XP + APB$

100G1C = get's clan xp + G1C or Joker Boxes

i like what u did there but i have no idea how to increase clan xp nor how to make apb dollars with a click

• Like 1

Gamemode and spots revealed info about tournament wil be announced later

On 4/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Lily Rain said:

I would personally be interested to see brain-dead-weapons not being allowed. There is no achievement in winning with PMG nor that deserves any kind of championship-praise.

I wonder why people rage/cry about a gun in every game, everything has a good side and a bad side.
With a PMG you can't kill shit on medium/long distances if the enemy uses a rifle. 
Using a rifle can be less effective on CQC since SMGs have a lower TTK.

Nothing should be "banned" from tournaments or gameplay, life isn't fair anyway, pick your advantages and put them into your odds. (Exclude bugs and exploits from this quote)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

I wonder why people rage/cry about a gun in every game, everything has a good side and a bad side.
With a PMG you can't kill shit on medium/long distances if the enemy uses a rifle. 

Nothing should be "banned" from tournaments or gameplay, life isn't fair anyway, pick your advantages and put them into your odds. (Exclude bugs and exploits from this quote)

If only car-gameplay wasn't a thing..

On innova in 2013 was organized really good tournament by GM's. Players who were reported or have a lot of complaints from other players were checked by GM's ( logs and etc ). Team where were cheaters were eliminated automatically. 

It would be great if LO could to organize a nice one. We come up with rules on this forum, but for really good event we need LO. I mean this game really need fresh air ( minimum till new engine comes ).  A big tournament from LO and gamers would be great. 

10 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

i let the players at that point decide if they want to ban each 1 gun or ban all Legendary guns or no bans at all. at this moment i can see the matches end whitin 2 minuts. and can last 4 minuts.

8 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

If only car-gameplay wasn't a thing..

car gameplay is goign to be a thing. hopefully.

I think that tournaments with clan battles, and that there would be a classification, that would make the apb something more interesting!

the only weapons that should be restricted, would be explosives, but this is apb, don't wait too long, someone will always want a weapon restriction, in my opinion I will say that, if there has to be a restriction, it would have to be of a level
(minimum level required 50)

Edited by SirVilla

1 hour ago, SirVilla said:

I think that tournaments with clan battles, and that there would be a classification, that would make the apb something more interesting!

the only weapons that should be restricted, would be explosives, but this is apb, don't wait too long, someone will always want a weapon restriction, in my opinion I will say that, if there has to be a restriction, it would have to be of a level
(minimum level required 50)

il try to look into that idea ( this is something that gets announced a lot)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have updated the whole Tournament. if there are questions about how i see a tournament can work. or if u guys stil have oppinions about stuff let me know ( this is not finalized yet. we stil need to test a lot for this lets hope this works)

also if u have a clan or a group of people to try this out. let me know how it went.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, Lily Rain said:

I would personally be interested to see brain-dead-weapons not being allowed. There is no achievement in winning with PMG nor that deserves any kind of championship-praise.

no brain dead guns like oca? yeah as if you're anything special to go by - people can use whatever weapon they like, if you can't handle the so called brain dead weapons then you're not a good player, it's funny how people complain when they get owned by them, deal with it - it's part of the game

1 minute ago, Golderlight123 said:

no brain dead guns like oca? yeah as if you're anything special to go by - people can use whatever weapon they like, if you can't handle the so called brain dead weapons then you're not a good player, it's funny how people complain when they get owned by them, deal with it - it's part of the game

I ARREST OCA users face-to-face, thx.

The issue here is that you can't play without these braindead weapons so don't speak as if you can. If you can't play without one, perhaps learn how the game is played instead of plaguing a tournament with your cheesiness. I am here to see players worth watching.

2 hours ago, Golderlight123 said:

i play oca a lot. i enjoy it and it got a nerf a big one ... that not even one mentioned.

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

The issue here is that you can't play without these braindead weapons so don't speak as if you can. If you can't play without one, perhaps learn how the game is played instead of plaguing a tournament with your cheesiness. I am here to see players worth watching.

👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i have updated the whole Tournament. if there are questions about how i see a tournament can work. or if u guys stil have oppinions about stuff let me know ( this is not finalized yet. we stil need to test a lot for this lets hope this works)

Starting a witness-match is great, definitely better and more fair than getting a mission at random. I like this. Good job!

as i went to a few streams to get to know what the community thinks about this "competitve tournament watchlist and idea". I have the feeling that every one would like to see LO having also a stand in this as a personal tournament or community event wil run around hackers having all the fun.

So my message now @MattScott i have no intention of finishing off a half worked idea so i would like to work this idea a bit more out. i know in the past a lot of tournaments have failed but i would like to make one that can last for a while. with the people we have. personaly i have no idea if u would like to consider a tournament for APB after the engine upgrade to make it look like APB is trying to renew itself in a new decade.

as i said on the first page i have tested out the points already with another person Xsilver. at this moment i would need to find people who would like to test this game mode with me + potential backers to give me an idea what i have to change to make this tournament worth its time. i have no idea if people would like to help me or try to accomplish this.

also @SKay i send u a mail and i have no idea if u would still be intrsted in helping me with this so i don't make the same mistake as the other tournaments held in this community.

APB is not made for competitive boing stuff (except FC)
Is more a SecondLife with deadly guns.

Big no for this.

APB was never built for tournaments and will never be.

• Like 1

Just to notify i am looking for Testers stil ( if there is a cop clan who would like to help me let me know.) (ingame , stream or forums)

with non existing anty-cheat like it is in current state it will never work. It could work when FF was on and they actually banned cheaters. Look how they protect ex cheaters now and remove every single post that sais sth bad about streaming cheaters.... They cant even replay if you ask them what the f*** are they doing with current cheater friendly policy

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:54 PM, Lily Rain said:

Well good for you.... i'm on about those who complain about using guns people still moan about contact weapons like the OCA even tho yeah it has been nerfed and they still complain it being a dead weapon..

players are never happy.. they wanna see other players play against them using easy  guns all the time that's their issue not ours... why should we bow down to them and change gun because they can't handle it?, best players just handle so called dead guns easily.

as you said you arrest players that use OCA.. it's not a big deal anyone can... i'm just sick and tired that people still moan about contact weapons when you're here to just have fun...

In a tournament like this if it happens.. i will make sure not to use any weapons if Zicky says we can't use OCA in this tournament then i wont.

Good luck.  

• Like 1

Tournament with no missions ? Really? 😄

Tournament getting eye-catcher only with stages. I mean you can say "there is no sense,  the game is random", BUT, who cares? In BO5-7 anyway would like to win better team. It doesn't matter how could be random APB, better team will win this. The question is which contacts to choose. 

Dont waste your time. Tournament without stages is a fiasco. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golderlight123 said:

Well good for you.... i'm on about those who complain about using guns people still moan about contact weapons like the OCA even tho yeah it has been nerfed and they still complain it being a dead weapon..

players are never happy.. they wanna see other players play against them using easy  guns all the time that's their issue not ours... why should we bow down to them and change gun because they can't handle it?, best players just handle so called dead guns easily.

as you said you arrest players that use OCA.. it's not a big deal anyone can... i'm just sick and tired that people still moan about contact weapons when you're here to just have fun...

In a tournament like this if it happens.. i will make sure not to use any weapons if Zicky says we can't use OCA in this tournament then i wont.

Good luck.  

there is only 5 ways this can go at this moment - ban all weapons and play with star only. - ban all weapons that the team chooses to play with. - let the team choose for each player 3 loadouts. - let us ban all legendary(yellow) guns - let us ban nothing

Merged.

8 hours ago, anhimmeln said:

Tournament with no missions ? Really? 😄

Tournament getting eye-catcher only with stages. I mean you can say "there is no sense,  the game is random", BUT, who cares? In BO5-7 anyway would like to win better team. It doesn't matter how could be random APB, better team will win this. The question is which contacts to choose. 

Dont waste your time. Tournament without stages is a fiasco. 

lots of people say that missions are to randomized to be accepted to be used in a tournament. toxic points . not worthy possibility's. to hard to stream and following characters to point out where they are. for outstanders to get to know how apb works.

i tried to consider every aspect in the game - witnessing gives u to opportunity to do something alone. people can get into missions with other people together. we got the opportunity to show that objectives are important to be shown to get certain things done and it isn't all about who makes the biggest kill count. you can see teamplay. strategy's being used. exiting happenign when someone fails to deliver items or wins. and a short time to actualy finish the mission. ( its all aobut defending and capturing what apb stands for and that i feel is part of the idea why i created soemthing like this)

Edited by who