TzickyT

Tournaments in APB

Tournaments  

100 members have voted

1. 1. what would u like to see if there was a tournament in apb (fan made)

• Bracket Tournament
    • Clan Scrimages.
    • No tournament at all

this topic has been here for a while we even have seen a channel pop up of nekrova servers with a tournament vibe. now i have a personal question how much of u guys would like to watch, play or are not intrested in a tournament.

i maybe have an idea how to make a tournament bracket for players. or a clan war game.

-Tournament considerations and rules -

- Weapons being banned. Players choice or ban legendary’s or all allowed.

- Team That have no rank 195 member wil play against people whit no mods above rank 195

- Weapon balance( tbh there wil be no weapon balance going on on my side as if I remove to much guns from the game there wil be an issue with played strategy.) this subject Is for LO to create.

- Cheater issue – Game is being played. I have no anti cheat to cover up cheaters. If people cheat than the people organizing need to handle and report the player. There total game wil be replayed and they wil need to find another player ( if there are 2 cheaters tournament gets shut down until further notice.)

Each team participating needs 6 players available. people can switch out people in a tournament. but names need to be announced on forhand. ( this is for when a cheater is discorvered that i do this rule)

Game Mode

Capture the flag/Witness

Explained: 2 captians of a team wil go to a certain location in financial or waterfront. there team mates wil need to be 100-150 meter away from there captain or on designated spots on the map. crim person wil need to Mug while the Cop wil need to witness the person. when the witnessing starts the game starts and teammates are allowed to get closer to the captains.. The item droped by mugging wil be the flag. whoever delivers the item scores a point. ( this game wil be played 3 times)

Finanicial

1. havalynd central – memorial park

2. fortune - alexandria park

3. devil dog

4. north havalynd news square

5. the needles – canalside

Waterfront

1. Fortuna drive

2. Lorquin road

3. Aspen Road

4. Charter street Birth

Point system.

when a team scores a point. they wil get a point.

when a team wins the game they wil get the points they scored.

when a team loses the game they wil get the points they scored. if thats 0 they got 0 points.

when there is a tie. no one gets any points. and that game is lost.

if there is a tie when people win or lose the game. the points wil stil be deliverd of how many u won. if team a and team b won each 1 point they wil get in the bracket 1 point.

when there is an execo at the end. if 2 teams have the same points. we wil look in how much time the 2 teams finished all there matches together. the team with the lowest time wil get to the finals.

Keep in mind Cops and crims are both in 2 different groups and they wil be competing against the other cops / crims in there respectivel group.

ps. if there are questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by TzickyT
  • Like 4

All the player made tourneys so far have had cheater problems and other not-so-well organised things to them so I don't really care about player made tournaments. Regardless, I suppose both options work for player made ones, whoever cares about those.

• Like 4

I would personally be interested to see brain-dead-weapons not being allowed. There is no achievement in winning with PMG nor that deserves any kind of championship-praise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

I would personally be interested to see brain-dead-weapons not being allowed. There is no achievement in winning with PMG nor that deserves any kind of championship-praise.

this is usually where player made tournaments start to fall apart, when everyone involved has a different idea of perfect balance it’s impossible to please them all

Yay. Let's reward cheater clans and then discover year later that podium was filled with them.

No.

• Like 1

I like the idea of tournaments but I don't think that they would work in APB in it's current state. There are many factors that are outside of the player's control that have major impact on the outcome of the missions. Defending is A LOT easier than attacking, spots that are near impossible to take control over against well-organized teams, unbalanced missions with heavy item drops/VIP stages etc. and the spawn system giving one team 50m spawns while the other team has to spawn 150+m away all the time (the latter mostly being the attacking team) just to name a few.

Also like others have mentioned it needs to be well-organized. It needs to be very clear what can and what cannot be done. If there are no clear rules then the tournament will just be about 'who can be the most cheesy and abusive' rather than 'who is the better team'. A poorly organized tournament will just be about car gameplay in high burn fuel vegases/pioneers, spamming as many car spawners as possible, stacking hvrs and other low effort weapons, abusing glitches, cheesing final stages and a lot of press 4 to win. All of these cheesy playstyles will need to be banned to create a fun and somewhat fair tournament.

• Like 2

The last few APB tournaments that were hosted ended up being a mess due to cheater issues or other activities. Not to mention some people being allowed not to stream/record their own gameplay. (because they were friends with the admin/host).

There cant be any exceptions in a tournament, everyone have to record their POV and have a streamer on each team to make it fair. All players' POV needs to include all communication.

Now on another hand, the meta in APB currently is not the greatest and some things needs adjustments.

Although, this is where rules comes into play. All arranged matches in APB have rules for them to make the game more competitive and enjoyable.

Overall, I find APB tournaments to be exciting to watch/play. If there would be a well organized tournament with proper rules, then that would be awesome.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, 404 said:

this is usually where player made tournaments start to fall apart, when everyone involved has a different idea of perfect balance it’s impossible to please them all

Why please those who wish to win a tournament with the easiest weapons there is? This isn't about "perfect balance", this is about getting something worth watching.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Why please those who wish to win a tournament with the easiest weapons there is? This isn't about "perfect balance", this is about getting something worth watching.

it’s not about pleasing people who want to cheese their way through a tourney, it’s about however many people involved each having their own opinion on what constitutes cheese and those opinions probably conflicting 

id also argue that a tournament for any significant prize (possibly even irl winnings such as steam funds or such) requires way more “perfect balance” than normal gameplay, which is already proven by almost everyone chiming in mentioning special rule sets 

idk what being worth watching has to do with anything

Edited by 404
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ExoticZ said:

The last few APB tournaments that were hosted ended up being a mess due to cheater issues or other activities. Not to mention some people being allowed not to stream/record their own gameplay. (because they were friends with the admin/host).

There cant be any exceptions in a tournament, everyone have to record their POV and have a streamer on each team to make it fair. All players' POV needs to include all communication.

Now on another hand, the meta in APB currently is not the greatest and some things needs adjustments.

Although, this is where rules comes into play. All arranged matches in APB have rules for them to make the game more competitive and enjoyable.

Overall, I find APB tournaments to be exciting to watch/play. If there would be a well organized tournament with proper rules, then that would be awesome.

intresting topic il consider this

49 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

funny that u don' tknow what for tournament it wil be that wil be held but u wil never have a perfect balance. organizing stuff is a process that wil take a while.

i can certainly already say of 31 only 11 voted against this concept. so probebly il be making my moves to get something going. is possible that it goign to take some months.

26 minutes ago, 404 said:

it’s not about pleasing people who want to cheese their way through a tourney, it’s about however many people involved each having their own opinion on what constitutes cheese and those opinions probably conflicting 

id also argue that a tournament for any significant prize (possibly even irl winnings such as steam funds or such) requires way more “perfect balance” than normal gameplay, which is already proven by almost everyone chiming in mentioning special rule sets 

idk what being worth watching has to do with anything

Nicely said, but..

Everyone knows that PMG is cheese and not worthy to watch (alongside few others). That alone is an indisputable fact. It doesn't matter what those who like the weapon may say in attempts to defend it. It is one of the easiest weapons in the game to use if not the easiest of all time.

So far, no prize was discussed for the tournament so arguing about that is slightly ahead of time. While yes, striving for "perfect balance" makes things slightly more fair, it is not a requirement to give out prizes.

You said it yourself, this is a "player made tournament".. It is not official & definitely needs to be worth watching. Else it'll end up being a mediocre, non-memorable event that is no different from what a regular day in APB looks like.

4 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

funny that u don' tknow what for tournament it wil be that wil be held but u wil never have a perfect balance. organizing stuff is a process that wil take a while.

i can certainly already say of 31 only 11 voted against this concept. so probebly il be making my moves to get something going. is possible that it goign to take some months.

That is why we are all here. At the present time, nobody knows what the tournament will be like hence this poll exists: "what would u like to see if there was a tournament in apb (fan made)". Way to go Captain Obvious.

I did not ask for "perfect balance". All I want is to see Participants capable of handling non-braindead weapons and to see worthy moments of respectable game play. 11 out of 31 voting against weapon-sets is only 35% and is enough to make you consider this as the majority are interested to see something concrete. This very thread already contains people asking for a well-organized tournament with proper rules & weapons are no exception. Kindly investigate this or this tournament will just end up being another forgotten one that nobody would care to remember.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

I did not ask for "perfect balance". All I want is to see Participants capable of handling non-braindead weapons and to see worthy moments of respectable game play. 11 out of 31 voting against weapon-sets is only 35% and is enough to make you consider this as the majority are interested to see something concrete. This very thread already contains people asking for a well-organized tournament with proper rules & weapons are no exception. Kindly investigate this or this tournament will just end up being another forgotten one that nobody would care to remember.

i wil consider everything

4 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Nicely said, but..

Everyone knows that PMG is cheese and not worthy to watch (alongside few others). That alone is an indisputable fact. It doesn't matter what those who like the weapon may say in attempts to defend it. It is one of the easiest weapons in the game to use if not the easiest of all time.

So far, no prize was discussed for the tournament so arguing about that is slightly ahead of time. While yes, striving for "perfect balance" makes things slightly more fair, it is not a requirement to give out prizes.

You said it yourself, this is a "player made tournament".. It is not official & definitely needs to be worth watching. Else it'll end up being a mediocre, non-memorable event that is no different from what a regular day in APB looks like.

yes many people agree that the pmg is busted, but i’m sure there’s a fair number of people who disagree as well

my point is that a lot of people also think the atac or the oscar or the ursus or any number of weapons are busted and the inability to agree on a rule set is where a lot of organized matches stall out and/or lose participants 

if competitors aren’t satisfied that the tourney is fair they’ll either drop out or they won’t participate in the next one (if there is a next one) and the toxicity will sour the event for everyone else

at the end of the day any apb tourney is obviously going to be apb gameplay, it doesn’t really matter what rules the players are following (unless its something silly like snubs only), watching people get melted by a pmg might be boring “cheese” but imo it’s infinitely preferable to watching “fair” gameplay of 90m dmr potshots

1 minute ago, 404 said:

yes many people agree that the pmg is busted, but i’m sure there’s a fair number of people who disagree as well

my point is that a lot of people also think the atac or the oscar or the ursus or any number of weapons are busted and the inability to agree on a rule set is where a lot of organized matches stall out and/or lose participants 

if competitors aren’t satisfied that the tourney is fair they’ll either drop out or they won’t participate in the next one (if there is a next one) and the toxicity will sour the event for everyone else

at the end of the day any apb tourney is obviously going to be apb gameplay, it doesn’t really matter what rules the players are following (unless its something silly like snubs only), watching people get melted by a pmg might be boring “cheese” but imo it’s infinitely preferable to watching “fair” gameplay of 90m dmr potshots

Those are the same people who got sad when their nfases became less effective after pellet-scaling got reverted back, not every opinion is qualitative or worthy of consideration for a proper tournament.

Although the APB-community is currently somewhat small, there are WAY more than enough people to participate in a proper tournament that has less-cheese than the usual.

This is also a community-made tournament. It is not official & by no means needs to abide by APB's current overall state of balance. Since you have mentioned the snub-only competition, in the same light, those interested in cheese are more than welcome to host PMG-only tournaments for example.. Why did they not do that yet I wonder? Of course, because they KNOW it would be a joke. These kind of people just want to win and walk away, they don't care about having memorable moments or raising the general interest in community-held events. Nobody should cater towards those people as they are the same people who make every day APB boring. Carrying that boredom over to here would also make this tournament not special.

Feels like some sweaty nerds are already playing a million dollar tournament majte

• Like 2

Make it so that per match each team can ban a few weapons. I'm sure pmg won't be played then. And it's fair if both teams don't ban it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Make it so that per match each team can ban a few weapons. I'm sure pmg won't be played then. And it's fair if both teams don't ban it.

That's actually genius. Something fresh that is definitely fun for Spectators. Would be interesting if it happened.

Keep up the creativity

24 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

That's actually genius. Something fresh that is definitely fun for Spectators. Would be interesting if it happened.

Keep up the creativity

Apb tournament but it's only snubnoses

7 hours ago, Mitne said:

Yay. Let's reward cheater clans and then discover year later that podium was filled with them.

No.

Agreed with you, but I tell YES, if

LO shall get example from some online games "FreetoPlay "where for reducing a lot cheater's players in game decide to act with some interesting actions in Competitve tournaments.

Rougly of how they have this game, for new players there is a max of 60 hrs game time but they may unlock it to inifinite for just 2$ if they just get the starter pack that give a permanent weapon, increased magazine store, more  decals etc... high levels or competitive/ tournament maps unlocked after around 200 hrs of gameplay (seem fair and logic as every game understing curve).

After a bunch of hacker/ cheaters got in the radar of some tournaments/ high level maps, they have to answer it in tribunal and I read of two have paied around 30 freaking thousand dollars, I swear I didnt see anything that can make suspicios to think one is a hacker or cheaters after level 40 (max level is 90...).

Lately, Legal ways proceedings from several online game companies have established clearly is one if not the best way for avoid cheaters or punish them.

Maybe after Engine Update, if LO @MattScott would like to add some competitive/ tournament match up worth give some thoughts to this model.

Ah yep... I am one of the ones still waiting clan wars after almost 10 years, I will be very happy to see it truth one day... 

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

i found this event and theres a lot of hate and enjoyment for this event

goign to go trough this event when i can if people have other events that they know that had been organised let me know

Edited by TzickyT

17 hours ago, botting said:

Feels like some sweaty nerds are already playing a million dollar tournament majte

could i ask a link to that million dollar tournament

Id love to see some APB tournamets. It will never get seriouse/official untill somebody does that.

I disagree with many points regarding the rules and weapon bans but at this point - fuck that.

I just wish there was an option to spectate just like in other games. It has to happen in some empty tournament district. I belive that officials would open one for you for a tournament duration if you asked nicely, and presented your previous work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I just wish there was an option to spectate just like in other games

there was a spectate mechanic in riot, it would be interesting to see that utilized elsewhere

abuse would also have to be carefully considered

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Id love to see some APB tournamets. It will never get seriouse/official untill somebody does that.

I disagree with many points regarding the rules and weapon bans but at this point - fuck that.

I just wish there was an option to spectate just like in other games. It has to happen in some empty tournament district. I belive that officials would open one for you for a tournament duration if you asked nicely, and presented your previous work.

i don't have a lot of previous works ...