146 replies to this topic

AntiiHero

AntiiHero

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11
Rainbow six 3 and that extension "Black arrow" I think it was called. Lockdown was tragic, though.
Burnout (The first one, rest were boring)
Jet Set Radio
Metropolis Street Racer
Theme Hospital
Wario games on the Gameboy.

Can we make this a Top 500 instead? :)
º¿º

enticle

enticle

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 13-November 09
I don't really have a top 5 list since I'm only playing 1-2 games right now and I don't really care for anything else and no game I played in the past really sticks to me as a great game.

Darkfall Online - It's basically what Morrowind and Oblivion would be if they were online. You can kill anyone pretty much everywhere, you lose everything when you die, fight over cities and you can use ships. It's a fps mmorpg to put it simply, no tab targetting like every other mmorpg in existance so that alone makes it a lot fun. Lots of great features with the game, but the developers are idiots just like the staff at G1, well worse probably.

Age of Empires 3 - Fun game online, but the second aoe was better.

Edited by enticle, 01 April 2011 - 04:50 AM.

thousands

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
Just beat ME2 and the game is amazing. Overall better than the first, though I think they simplified the custom leveling and weapons a little too much. I'd probably rather have it the way they did than the previous, though. Looking foward to starting Dragon age Origins for PC soon. Reviews portray the game to be amazing, so I have high standards. Then I'll buy DA2 when the price comes way down.
-
Add my steam if you know me - r0zik1

и϶o

и϶o

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Joined 07-October 09
Dont know if this is the right place to post this, but w/e

Anyone got their hands on Crysis 2? Not trying to give too much out: the story plot is okay at best, but god, the graphics is probably the best I have seen yet from any game (on the 360)

xlnzane

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
Haven't looked into Crysis 2 much, as the first one bored me so much that I never finished it. I'll give it a go someday. For graphics.. I really want to see this engine utilized.

-

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

Haven't looked into Crysis 2 much, as the first one bored me so much that I never finished it. I'll give it a go someday. For graphics.. I really want to see this engine utilized.

Saw this a couple of weeks back... I was amazed. Took 3 high end GFX cards to run it though (think it was three GTX 580/590's (?))... which is £1000-1500 purely in graphics cards :).

308y13p.png
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

Colorfulz

Colorfulz

MontieIsBad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

1. Final Fantasy 7-10 - Hands down my favorite bunch of games I've ever played. All of them have amazing stories and gameplay, they truly define what a single player RPG should be. 7 gets my vote for best story, though, and I just beat it (as in mastering every materia mastered, beating Ruby and Emerald Weapon, as well as the storyline) for my 2nd time ever. I'm still obsessed with the game even though I started playing (not knowing what I was doing) at age 8 on the PS1.

2. Call of Duty 4 / Call of Duty 2 - Because they're both two of the only good shooters ever made. The rest of the cod's are sh*t btw (except 1, 1 was pretty good.)

3. Elder Scrolls Series - Morrowind, Oblivion and Oblivion's Expansion (Shivering Isles) were all amazing.

4. GTA Series - San Andreas, 3, Vice City and 4 were all fantastic games.

5. Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood - I see them as very similar games, one story spring boarding off the other obviously. Brotherhood has a cool MP style too.

Yes, I know I listed mostly little groups of games from a series, but I classify most games as good through their series, not just one game out of them all.

Adding to my list:

6. Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 4 - Just started replaying all of them at once (yes, I know, a bit strange), but they're all sick games.

7. Borderlands - Not just your generic shooter, not just your generic RPG. It's one of the best games I've played when it comes to gameplay, but the plot ended really badly and lacked a bit.

8. Diablo 2 - Played this at my friends house for two weeks straight now, and now I love going over to his house. Waiting til 3 comes out, going to be a sick game.

Just some minor additions..
cy@

w340x232032

w340x232032

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 27-September 10
1. Starcraft - Broodwar
2. Diablo 2
3. Counter Strike Source
4. Gears Of War
5. Warcraft 3 TFT

Honorary mention: COD 4 Was great single player.

Edited by DeathKnight, 09 April 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Assassins

Assassins

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2255 posts
  • Joined 23-July 09
Crysis 2 ftw!!!!
Best shooter game i've ever experienced! :)

Tomsta

Tomsta

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 03-April 09
My list in no particualr Order

1) Star Wars KOTOR Series
2) Mass Effect series
3) BioShock Series
4) Eldar Scrolls IV; Oblivion
5) Left 4 Dead 2
Long Term Goals V2.0;
- Expert my Cally get her SS and 96e leather armour;
- TBA
- TBA

lastday4u

lastday4u

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1180 posts
  • Joined 17-October 08

LOL did you just use the word boom?! :), I've never seen/heard you say that word lmao!

P.S. how can you not have Need for Speed in this?!

I'll say "boom" next time i see you :P

Need4speed could be a runner up! but this list is random, i cannot remember much games xD
Of course, Flatout2 & BFBC2 will be in top 5 (with Flatout2 as number 1) :piratesword:

Crysis 2 ftw!!!!
Best shooter game i've ever experienced! :P

Battlefield 3 is going to be better than COD, crysis 1 was soo good itself, but crysis 2 is even better :slap:

Best shooter game for me would be more relistic, MW2 is bad ya know but I love BFBC2
~lastday4u~

aka ~ZebraHeaD~

xLama

xLama

Monopolypr0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1032 posts
  • Joined 10-August 08

I'll say "boom" next time i see you :)

Need4speed could be a runner up! but this list is random, i cannot remember much games xD
Of course, Flatout2 & BFBC2 will be in top 5 (with Flatout2 as number 1) :P

Battlefield 3 is going to be better than COD, crysis 1 was soo good itself, but crysis 2 is even better :P

Best shooter game for me would be more relistic, MW2 is bad ya know but I love BFBC2

Flatout 2 is pretty good. I've never been a real fan of racing games, but it got me hooked for a while.
slicK

lastday4u

lastday4u

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1180 posts
  • Joined 17-October 08

Flatout 2 is pretty good. I've never been a real fan of racing games, but it got me hooked for a while.

OMG Finally someone who recognises Flatout2!!!!!!!!!! :)

New flatout for PC is being developped, post your suggestions here!!!!
~lastday4u~

aka ~ZebraHeaD~

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Just beat ME2 and the game is amazing. Overall better than the first, though I think they simplified the custom leveling and weapons a little too much. I'd probably rather have it the way they did than the previous, though. Looking foward to starting Dragon age Origins for PC soon. Reviews portray the game to be amazing, so I have high standards. Then I'll buy DA2 when the price comes way down.

Dragon Age Origins is one of the best games I've ever played. For some reason I like it better than Dragon Age 2. On the whole, DA2 was a huge improvement over Origins, with the only thing staying the same is how good the plot is.(It IS Bioware, which means it's story driven.) I just hold Origins - and the Awakening Expansion, which is almost a game in itself - at a special place in my heart as being the first really, really good RPG I've ever played.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

betacra5

betacra5

Karaoke Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2856 posts
  • Joined 20-March 09

Dragon Age Origins is one of the best games I've ever played. For some reason I like it better than Dragon Age 2. On the whole, DA2 was a huge improvement over Origins, with the only thing staying the same is how good the plot is.(It IS Bioware, which means it's story driven.) I just hold Origins - and the Awakening Expansion, which is almost a game in itself - at a special place in my heart as being the first really, really good RPG I've ever played.

Well I wouldn't say you were alone on that:

Posted Image

Haven't played either and don't really plan on doing so.

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08
It's pretty hard to explain. Dragon Age II didn't have any really noticeable flaws, it just seemed to lack something that Origins(and Awakening) had. I think a major problem was that it didn't really have an over-arching plot. It seemed more divided up into 3 different segments that we're hinted at over the game, but most of the game is spent on random silly tasks trying to make money for the deep roads expedition.

Edited by Rider, 12 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
I like DA Orogins alot, but it's no ME imo. There's just something about it so far that makes me feel detatched from the story and my character. Great game overall, but I feel like I'll like DA2 more. Mostly because all the things people said were bad about DA2 I don't really give a crap about.

@Beta, why don't you want to play either of them?
-

betacra5

betacra5

Karaoke Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2856 posts
  • Joined 20-March 09

@Beta, why don't you want to play either of them?

If I'm honest they just don't look that good.

Mass Effect seems far more appealing and will be the game I try before DA if I ever get around to it.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
I found Crysis 1 to be much better than Crysis 2 honestly.

Crysis 2 seems dumbed down for consoles; if not majorly graphics-wise (even though there's so much smoke and motion blur that it simply obscures the low-res textures), then the gameplay feels a lot worse.

Having the ability to jump really high with Strength and run really fast with Speed in short bursts with all powers was infinitely more fun than always having the ability to jump slightly less high and run a lot slower. The running speed in this game doesn't make me feel like someone with a super-suit but like someone in an arcade game. Dumbing everything down into simple Armor and Stealth was terrible IMO.

Stealth is the best option by far in any situation. Cloaks don't dissipate in 2 seconds of walking anymore; now you can walk a few miles without running low. The recharge time has been reduced tremendously from agonizing moments of vulnerability to a small breather inside of a large, man-sized bush (there are plenty of those bushes all over the place - even though it's in the middle of New York apparently). Everything is so easy. On the last level, I didn't even realize that it was the last level until it finished. There were obvious set-pieces for large, epic battles that I ruined for myself by taking the easy way out and stealthing my way through everything. The enemy AI doesn't notice you smashing an objective literally a step behind it because you only uncloak for half a second and that's barely enough to raise the alert to yellow level. Plenty of navigating space is given to run between everybody or around them completely and even when they do see you and shoot at you, cloaking and running away is a hell of a lot easier than putting on Armor that goes away a few moments later and leaves you in the middle of a field with no energy. Most of the nano-suit "perks" were useless too. Who would choose Air Stomp or some random thing like that when you can beef up your suit to be even more OP with even shorter recharge times, even longer cloaked times, and a faster, better cloak?

The cloak in Crysis 1 was well-balanced and a tactical choice, not the only (and obvious) possible answer to every situation Crysis 2 throws at you.

The only moderately hard part of the game was near the ending when I fought some enemy aliens who also had the ability to cloak. I'm pretty sure they had thermal vision too, since they tracked me down even when I was sitting still and cloaked 50 metres away from them. They could see me inside a bush or behind a wall too, so it might just be badly balanced AI. That one section was the most interesting and memorable part for me, ruined at the end by a glitch where the remaining 3 aliens froze and walked in-place without shooting. I could walk up to them and systematically shoot all 3 in their weak spots, then move on to the rest of the uninspired campaign.

5/10

JoeMauer

JoeMauer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 20-March 11
L.A Noire looks pretty freaking awesome can't wait to play that
2009 AL MVP

Frap

Frap

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts
  • Joined 22-October 09
1) Star Wars Battlefront 1
2) Star Wars Battlefront 2
3) Timesplitters 2

When my PS2 broke, I nearly cried. Love those games, espcially 1&2.

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

1) Star Wars Battlefront 1
2) Star Wars Battlefront 2
3) Timesplitters 2

When my PS2 broke, I nearly cried. Love those games, espcially 1&2.

I'm not a huge Star Wars person, but I loved Battlefront 1. I found the second to be trash though. Totally lost the feel for it imo, especially with how it tried to keep up with Episode 3 movie.
-

rungms

rungms

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 30-October 13
minecraft is a game that promises, especially the large number of players as the reason, and I've played on a minecraft server here but I'm not particularly impressed

Edited by rungms, 07 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

Esther

Esther

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4285 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

Watch Dogs and The Divison will be the best games then. :D

WngO77I.png  You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein  | 

izLYWoA.png    Clan Progression | Haircuts and haircut colors | New mission typest70C8a9.png  

rungms

rungms

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 30-October 13

indeed i agree is different

Sung

Sung

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1651 posts
  • Joined 18-November 10
  1. Solder of Fortune 2
  2. Ragnarok Online
  3. Lineage 2
  4. APB( not to confuse with APB:RELOADED i'm talking about APB RTW times )

Stream ( old one ) Fanboì Stream ( new one )

Obeya : wanabeSung     ||||    Joker : DarkSung

DeathroW

Ritz

Ritz

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 05-February 15

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Ragnarok Online, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed (even tho it went to ****)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users