146 replies to this topic

Milic

Milic

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10

Curious to know what people think about Fallout NV. Wondering if it's worth buying or better just to download. I haven't played Fallout 3 'cause the game looked so dark and isn't my style, but I heard NV is mostly just a new-skinned Fallout 3 in a more open environment.

Fallout NV is so-so,I was disappointed with the ending,it sucked.Fallout 3 is by far better.
Mayen owns me.

Look, I've never had a dream in my life, because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven't pursued, I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done, so I've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one!

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Fallout NV is so-so,I was disappointed with the ending,it sucked.Fallout 3 is by far better.

Disappointed by the ending? Then change what you did to make a new one. Mostly just save right before you go into the final battle for whatever ending you chose and explore around the entire map to get a bunch of quests, you'll find a lot of cool areas that will be referenced in the ending.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

Need for Speed Hot Persuit?

Great game, but Burnout Paradise smashes it to pieces.

The Underground series were the best by miles to be honest. Very entertaining at the time.

308y13p.png
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

AntiiHero

AntiiHero

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11

The Underground series were the best by miles to be honest. Very entertaining at the time.

They were alright for 5 minutes.

Most of the early Tony Hawks games. I wasn't even into skateboarding but I loved them.

Edited by AntiiHero, 24 March 2011 - 06:13 AM.

º¿º

Harpy

Harpy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Joined 22-September 09
Legends:
Prehistorik 2
Donkey Kong Country
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame

New age:
Assassin's creed II
GTA: SA
GTA: VC
Crysis
Bioshock 2
www.youtube.com/isska123

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

Assassin's creed II

Te amo.

Bioshock 2

How do you like Bioshock 2 compared to the first? I never played.
-
Add my steam if you know me - r0zik1

Ebay123

Ebay123

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1581 posts
  • Joined 05-September 09
Why do you prefer the 2nd or 3rd Assassins Creed and not the first game? I haven't played Assasssins Creed 3 yet, but I don't like Ezio, and I played Assassins Creed 1 & 2 and I think Altair and the story is way cooler than the story with Ezio..?

Edited by Darkkday, 24 March 2011 - 01:48 PM.

nNs?

Colorfulz

Colorfulz

MontieIsBad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Why do you prefer the 2nd or 3rd Assassins Creed and not the first game? I haven't played Assasssins Creed 3 yet, but I don't like Ezio, and I played Assassins Creed 1 & 2 and I think Altair and the story is way cooler than the story with Ezio..?

1 had a good story, but the gameplay was much too repetitive. 2 and Brotherhood both followed, in my opinion, a better story line with much more twists and interaction of what you can do. The fact you don't have to repeat the same mission over and over again with someone new to murder imo is better. Not to mention, the story going on outside of the Animus picks up in the other two and the ending of Brotherhood was an absolute mind blower.
cy@

W1J5QB

W1J5QB

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined 07-March 10
SSX Tricky!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Playing with friends was hilarious; beating each other while trying different paths to get at the end first, nice memories.

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Really? I though Ezio was a far better character than Altair, and the storyline was much better.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

Colorfulz

Colorfulz

MontieIsBad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Really? I though Ezio was a far better character than Altair, and the storyline was much better.

I think it's more that after you start playing as Ezio a lot, you see Altair's gear and stuff and your like OMG I MISS THAT, but then you go back to playing 1 and it's like meh.
cy@

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

I think it's more that after you start playing as Ezio a lot, you see Altair's gear and stuff and your like OMG I MISS THAT, but then you go back to playing 1 and it's like meh.

I always liked Ezio's gear more, especially the pistol and dual hidden blades.

Posted Image

WigWamm

WigWamm

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4584 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08

SSX Tricky!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Playing with friends was hilarious; beating each other while trying different paths to get at the end first, nice memories.

omfg

such a badass game.

That, Fifa and Nightfire was the ultimate all nighter as a youngling. :)

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10

The second one topped the first one in every single way imo. Better story, character, involvement, environment, music, more gameplay time, more gadgets, collectables that matter, and less repetition. AC1 was good, but not really a top 10er. Brotherhood excels over 2 in some ways, and isn't on par in others, but 2 remains my favorite. Either way, the first is my least favorite.
-

Harpy

Harpy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Joined 22-September 09

How do you like Bioshock 2 compared to the first? I never played.

It was pretty good, I liked the story and game. However BioShock 1 had damn well written quotes.

AC1 was very repetitive 80% of the game was about killing 9 guys, and for each one, you go to different cities and gather intelligence and then kill them.

AC2 added uniqueness to the game, dynamic story, great deal of side missions, hidden challenges, glyphs, codex pages, investing in Montegrino. Great ending, it left me confused and think a lot.

AC3 was short in my opinion, missions were relatively easy especially the hidden missions. The best thing was forming the assassin guild and use them for assistance in missions. I did abuse them a little, for some missions I just sat on roof and watch them do all the hard work. :) Ending was very twisting and left me confused.

I'm looking forward for AC4.
www.youtube.com/isska123

xLama

xLama

Monopolypr0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1032 posts
  • Joined 10-August 08

omfg

such a badass game.

Rofl. You've got good taste!

I spent so many hours on my xbox playing FIFA, SSX and Nightfire.

Favourite character on SSX: JP. His backspin move > All others. :P
Favourite character on Nightfire: Oddjob. I loved his hat!

I can't forget to mention the Tony Hawk games. Used to play them a lot with my mates.

I'm not a real fan of Nintendo, but I can't help myself from loving Mario Kart: Double Dash. :P

Edited by Nasibad, 24 March 2011 - 08:29 PM.

slicK

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

That map was boss. As were the RC heli's at the bottom house round the back :P.

308y13p.png

wixxkruppel

wixxkruppel

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Joined 21-December 10
Best RPG - Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Baal

Best FPS - HL1 / Mirror's Edge / Fear 2

Best RTS - Ground Control 2

Best space & flight sim - Freespace 2

Best hybrid games - System Shock 2 / Deus Ex / Mass Effect 2 / Metal Gear Solid

---

HL1 was magnificent, HL2 was garbage with better graphics, if Black Mesa is ever released, it will make HL2 look like junk in comparison. The plot and entire idea of Half-Life just fell apart completely in the sequels, ruining the franchise.

Bioshock's got nothing on System Shock 2, a game that is still superior to any of it's successors (Bioshock & Dead Space) even if you take graphics in the equation. The plot/setting/atmosphere in SS2 is just unrivaled.

Assassin's Creeds are mediocre at best, old Thief games are way better, and I bet Thief 4 will be miles better than any Assassin's Creed game.

Metal Gear Solid - the first game was awesome, after which (just like Half-Life), the entire franchise fell apart with the ridiculous plot.

Mass Effect 1 was somewhat ruined by obsessive amounts of irrelevant, repetitive side quest content, whereas Mass Effect 2 was awesome and more to the point, cinematic just like MGS1. I bet ME3 will be awesome as well.

Deus Ex 3 will very likely be better than the original Deus Ex, and looks to be very Mass Effect-like.

Mirror's Edge has some of the best FPS gameplay ever, and Fear 2 reminds me of the original Half-Life for some reason.

Freespace 2 - one of the best plots ever with awesome gameplay, atmosphere and ambience.

Most underrated game of all time.

Edited by wixxkruppel, 25 March 2011 - 02:37 AM.

WigWamm

WigWamm

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4584 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08

Good game, still have the complete set including the first one with 5 discs. :)

betacra5

betacra5

Karaoke Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2856 posts
  • Joined 20-March 09

Quality game.

Best RTS - Ground Control 2

Better than Age of Empires 2? Somehow I doubt it, will have to give it a go some time.

Best space & flight sim - Freespace 2

Agree, this game is amazing.

Best hybrid games - System Shock 2

System Shock 2 is one of my favourite games of all time.

HL1 was magnificent, HL2 was garbage with better graphics, if Black Mesa is ever released, it will make HL2 look like junk in comparison. The plot and entire idea of Half-Life just fell apart completely in the sequels, ruining the franchise.

Nope, just can't agree. Half Life 2 was better than the first one in almost every way. But whatever.

Bioshock's got nothing on System Shock 2, a game that is still superior to any of it's successors (Bioshock & Dead Space) even if you take graphics in the equation. The plot/setting/atmosphere in SS2 is just unrivaled.

Obviously I agree, Bioshock has never really done much for me and System Shock is great.

Assassin's Creeds are mediocre at best, old Thief games are way better, and I bet Thief 4 will be miles better than any Assassin's Creed game.

Thief II: The Metal Age > All

elPersia

elPersia

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 25-March 11
Assasin's creed is very well made :>

JoeMauer

JoeMauer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 20-March 11
Skyrim is going to be one of the best games ever, can't wait.
2009 AL MVP

Milic

Milic

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10

Skyrim is going to be one of the best games ever, can't wait.

Yea,cant wait for it,should be the best game of 2011.
Mayen owns me.

Look, I've never had a dream in my life, because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven't pursued, I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done, so I've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one!

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Yea,cant wait for it,should be the best game of 2011.

I don't know about that, but it'll probably win GOTY.

Posted Image

AntiiHero

AntiiHero

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11

Wouldn't say it was garbage, but I always thought the Half Life series was quite overrated. Good but yeah, overrated.

Metal Gear Solid - the first game was awesome, after which (just like Half-Life), the entire franchise fell apart with the ridiculous plot.

Pretty much, yeah. I thought the second one was fun but a bit silly.

Deus Ex 3 will very likely be better than the original Deus Ex, and looks to be very Mass Effect-like.

The only game I'm actually looking forward to playing. Love the Deus Ex games.
º¿º

betacra5

betacra5

Karaoke Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2856 posts
  • Joined 20-March 09
Did I just see people thinking Skyrim will win GoTY 2011?

It's so unlikely, I don't think anyone can call what will get GoTY 2011 at this point...

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

Did I just see people thinking Skyrim will win GoTY 2011?

It's so unlikely, I don't think anyone can call what will get GoTY 2011 at this point...

I think it'll win just based on all the hype around it, and the Elder Scrolls have traditionally been amazing games.

Posted Image

betacra5

betacra5

Karaoke Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2856 posts
  • Joined 20-March 09

I think it'll win just based on all the hype around it, and the Elder Scrolls have traditionally been amazing games.

I agree, Morrowind is a big favourite of mine especially.

But remember, there are about 6 blockbusters coming out in November, and there's already been a few games out.

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08

I agree, Morrowind is a big favourite of mine especially.

But remember, there are about 6 blockbusters coming out in November, and there's already been a few games out.

Isn't Mass Effect 3 coming out this year? That might muddle things up a bit, unless it flops dramatically.

Posted Image

FallingUp

FallingUp

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
It may be a bit early to speculate, but I'm still sticking with my guns for Skryim of GoTY for a few reasons. It's TES, it's an open-ended RPG, it's getting alot of hype, and it's been a while since the last TES. Those sort of things are just begging to win GoTY.
-

WigWamm

WigWamm

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4584 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08

Thief II: The Metal Age > All

YESSSS

Moss arrows, then blackjack from nowhere.

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

Pretty much, yeah. I thought the second one was fun but a bit silly.

I thought the story got back to being awesome in MGS4 :).

308y13p.png

Colorfulz

Colorfulz

MontieIsBad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

I thought the story got back to being awesome in MGS4 :).

1 and 2 imo were the best in the MGS series, 3 was god awful and 4 was okay at best. 2 was entertaining, 1 still had the best story. 2 had some goofy parts, for example the guy sitting on the stairs listening to music while your playing as Snake, just run up to him and beat the sh*t out of him with no problem lol.
cy@

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

1 and 2 imo were the best in the MGS series, 3 was god awful and 4 was okay at best. 2 was entertaining, 1 still had the best story. 2 had some goofy parts, for example the guy sitting on the stairs listening to music while your playing as Snake, just run up to him and beat the sh*t out of him with no problem lol.

If 1 and 2 were as you believe to be the best, I need to play them again because I thought MGS4 was the best story mode I've ever played :)!

308y13p.png

Colorfulz

Colorfulz

MontieIsBad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

If 1 and 2 were as you believe to be the best, I need to play them again because I thought MGS4 was the best story mode I've ever played :)!

Well, 4 don't get me wrong was a really good game, but compared to 1 and 2 imo it was okay. I think the cutscene's made the game because the gameplay wasn't anything too awesome compared to the last ones. The ending for 4 (in its whole, Raiden's and Snake+Big Bosses) were sick and were really sad. But the gameplay in 1 and 2 were better imo.
cy@

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

The ending for 4 (in its whole, Raiden's and Snake+Big Bosses) were sick and were really sad. But the gameplay in 1 and 2 were better imo.

Yup, if there's one game that almost made me cry, that was it :).

308y13p.png

W1J5QB

W1J5QB

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined 07-March 10

omfg

such a badass game.

Those three games, along with civilisation2 were the most enjoyable games i have played.

In contrast, when i was a youngling, i had to make due with;

sensible soccer ;
paperboy :
lemmings : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKAtlz-9W4w

and the most addictive:

North and South!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0

nelsonbrit

nelsonbrit

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 26-August 09

Those three games, along with civilisation2 were the most enjoyable games i have played.

In contrast, when i was a youngling, i had to make due with;

sensible soccer ;
paperboy :
lemmings : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKAtlz-9W4w

and the most addictive:

North and South!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0

Good call on paperboy2.

don't forget Goal! 3. I loved that game, and forgot about it til now.

I have my Xbox chipped with all Atari, Nintendo, super Nintendo, and Sega games. I can play these games anything i want. I think I'll play Paperboy tonight.

Edited by nelsonbrit, 25 March 2011 - 04:21 PM.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. - George Carlin
R.I.P. KORGOTH R.I.P. CHUNKY8649
101 Headshots New Map Idea

WigWamm

WigWamm

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4584 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08

paperboy :

LOL

Derbwood

Derbwood

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 24-November 10
In no particular order:

Baldur's Gate I & II+ToB
Planescape: Torment
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Command & Conquer
Mass Effect II
Red Alert II
Freespace II
Deus Ex
Knights of the Old Republic
Half-Life
Fallout II
Thief II
Warrock
Alpha Centauri
Tie Fighter
Megaman II
The Legend of Zelda

Edited by Derbwood, 26 March 2011 - 04:40 AM.

Ohara is my happy place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users