Nerima

Getting mad on isolation

I wonder if anyone still remembers me, like... It's been 3 years of silence, more than enough for anything to change.

Anyway, in the past i've been making apb montages, and lately quarantine kicked me mentally so hard that i spent 5 full days on an apb video (kind of)

I have enough old footage on my harddrive to keep on going, but I'm actually thinking about coming back to APB. 

So the question is, what's the news? i'm lazyass and trying to funfill everything I missed in these 2 years is nearly impossible.

Any changes? Buffs/nerfs? What about engine? I saw streams with upgraded engine, but aint feeling like it gave me any useful info.

And the biggest question is, does comeback worth it?

• Like 5

why does all the game footage have an awful tint or something over it

"You know what would really make this montage amazing? Pincushion distortion!"

Edited by gamergoggles

I would suggest that you try to the enhance the already existing color schemes within the game, if you do want to adjust colors for the video. A primarily blue-ish tint that you have used it very rare within APB. Only a few areas in the game have a color scheme that can adapt a tint like that. One being a minor part of north-west Financial. You can see that when you use those color changes in Waterfront that it just doesn't fit right. 

In general I am against external color adjustment for APB. The way the UI looks makes it so that whenever you slap som adjustments one, you have a struggle with the UI. At some points it was hard to even read the UI because of that problem.

Basically try a warmer approach to colors, especially in Waterfront.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought you quit.

Also for a second I actually got excited to see your style of montage again, then I was let down by this uninspiring video.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

18 hours ago, Nerima said:

Any changes? Buffs/nerfs? What about engine? I saw streams with upgraded engine, but aint feeling like it gave me any useful info.

And the biggest question is, does comeback worth it?

They buffed all the beginner guns, made a bunch of new guns, then nerfed all the ones i bought, They are actually working on a new engine for reals, its not a Myth like before, and We have 420 symbols now n some real cool clothing packs. 

I Do remember You, n even with all my badass guns n my Boss 420 symbols, I'm still a Scrub, but I blame the 420 🤿

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Also for a second I actually got excited to see your style of montage again, then I was let down by this uninspiring video.

This video is almost 15 minutes long, it contains both me trying new things/having fun and old style of montage. For example, segment from 5:13 to to 9:00 was built entirely on my old formulas. It's still me, aint betraying my routes, I'm just not as into APB as i was before, so making the same montage all over again would be boring.

I did quit tho, but now I'm most likely coming back as well as my oldstyled videos

That's sad to hear that you didnt enjoy it, but i wanna ask you to watch the entire video from side to side, there is more in it than it seems at first. ❤️

12 hours ago, gamergoggles said:

"You know what would really make this montage amazing? Pincushion distortion!"

Everyone was using this thing back in the times, but not me. Since this video is completely experimental (which is obvious), I decided to throw this effect on. For me, as  man who havent played for a long time, stock apb footage look boring. But oki, i will not be using that anymore.

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

They buffed all the beginner guns, made a bunch of new guns, then nerfed all the ones i bought, They are actually working on a new engine for reals, its not a Myth like before, and We have 420 symbols now n some real cool clothing packs. 

I Do remember You, n even with all my badass guns n my Boss 420 symbols, I'm still a Scrub, but I blame the 420 🤿

Can i get more details? I tried to play i few missions today, and from what i see shotguns are dead, n-tek acts weird too.

I'm not a 420 ambassador (even tho i may look like one), but Halloween themed symbols are cool, they will save me a lot of time and customisation limit 

Edited by Nerima

Woah, impressive how harsh people can be

I actually enjoyed your video, didn't know you before by the way

(I do not like facing people that plays like you (i.e crouching all the time) but it's because I'm one salty french boi)

Keep up the good work !

• Like 1

And separately i wanna talk about cc. "Explanations and excuses"

18 hours ago, 404 said:

why does all the game footage have an awful tint or something over it

14 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

In general I am against external color adjustment for APB.

I get complains like this here, on youtube, and even personally. That's kinda weird as I've always been adjusting colors extremely, and no one was ever complaining.

But I know this time it has some problems. There are two reasons:

Firstly - i do all color correction on my gaming benq monitor, not some proffestional IPS. Obviosly, for others video may look not like i intended. But it's always been like that, i use the same monitor for 6 years now.

Secondly, and more inportantly - i installed all the software from scratch, all my presets are gone and i complete forgot how to cc apb footages (again, my last video came out in 2017 !!), i was even whining to my friends with these quotes. It was painful.

I know sometimes its too blurred, sometimes it's too dark, sometimes its overbrighted. But this video aint even first try, it was my 4th time rendring it, and i got as close to the result i wanted as i could.

it was necessary to try i few more times, but after 5 days of working on it i was so exausted that i gave up. Each time rendering, by the way, took 2 hours. 8 hours only on rendering in common.

Only a few areas in the game have a color scheme that can adapt a tint like that. One being a minor part of north-west Financial.

This one is actually interesting, i never though that each apb area has its color, i was thinking it depends only on global in-game time and weather. 

I understand your point. But apb is not best looking game, shaders and fog are awful.

Actually work i've done is a little depper than just "cold filter added on"

Each footage was adjusted separately, but generally video separates on a few segnments:

1. The beggining and pikachu meme. I was trying to get the same image as here, and obviosly didn't even get close. Again, that's because all my presets are gone, and i'm using advanced cc tools, so this is not easy to copy old effects at all. And i was so exausted that i decided not to continue trying.

2. 3:30-4:49 segment. C'mon, it's explosives/bugs montage on freakin smokepurpp track. It was intented to be acidly looking. Original idea was to paint it red, but obviosly red fitler is painful to watch, so i went with acid blue and oversaturated synch. I'm not completely satisfied with this one, but it gets the job done,

3.  5:13-9:00 segment. This one is done in my old style, and I love it. That pink/blue scheme does not look like apb, bit imho it looks good. Its vibing, would not change anything here. 

9b6XqoZfSbw.jpg

4. "Senpai" segment. It's pinky and that, again, how i wanted it to look. Interface is blurriend and it overbrighted in some moments i know that, that's the problem. But the color scheme is not.

The way the UI looks makes it so that whenever you slap som adjustments one, you have a struggle with the UI. At some points it was hard to even read the UI because of that problem.

Above I gave a link on my old FC footage, where both game and UI look good. Check it out. That's the level I got on after 3 years of apb videos, and that's the level I'm trying to get back on.

Basically try a warmer approach to colors, especially in Waterfront.

As you can see, there was no "warmer/colder", it was about the colors itself. But being completely honest, i hate warm colors, dunno why.

Edited by Nerima

It's good i think, skimmed through it, but i haven't seen a montage in ages for APB.

I don't remember you though 😛

The color changes really fucked with my eyes, if you're going for a certain style, Great! Keep it up.

I found it hard to follow some things because the colors changed so drastically at time I was like whut, so I felt like i was missing what was happening. Aside from that no complaints.

Edited by Noob_Guardian