Sign in to follow this  
mtz

April 2020 Legendary Weapon Survey

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I’m definitely interested in seeing the results once enough people have weighed in.

Thanks,

Matt

0579aa860ff29128f3fcb9bbb187d65f.gif

thank you Matt and Martin, we have waited until a double M for making a "real starting" for weapon balance or at least... bodes well 🙏  

Edited by PingOVER9000

There is no option for "I don't know". I never used the N-TEC 7 Compact, so i would need this option.

Legendaries are mostly balanced. Yukon needs a nerf, UL-3s and Anubus need to be buffed and that's all. 

But before this can we balance the main weapons? Right now it's obeya, pmg, shotguns everywhere. Funny there are people who say shotguns are not as good while you can kill someone from across the street with a supposedly close range weapon.

And maybe we need a marriage system in the game because there are quite a lot of people who are so desperately in love with their cars and they can't get apart from them. 

Fun meta /s

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

Yukon needs a nerf

i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re a console player

• Like 2

Would answer but I don't play the game enough/know enough about most of the legendaries to make an informed decision.

The results are pretty much what I expected. Not surprised the Ursus weighs the most towards "nerf me" though haha. As for the Old Glory, it's actually really balanced. If anything it could get another 5-10m of range, but I wouldn't want to push it too much because it already has high damage, and the damage could overdue the range moreso than needed.

11 minutes ago, Vexxous said:

Would answer but I don't play the game enough/know enough about most of the legendaries to make an informed decision.

I've owned most of them, and the chart is mostly correct.

6 hours ago, 404 said:

i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re a console player

I don't have a console so I'm unaware what's happening there but you seem to be. How's the yukon on console ?

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

I don't have a console so I'm unaware what's happening there but you seem to be. How's the yukon on console ?

The Yukon was nerfed on PC.

Console is still broken.

If you think the Yukon needs another nerf, then i don't know what to tell you other then you needing to take a look at how you play and improve.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WEISSDEATH said:

The Yukon was nerfed on PC.

Console is still broken.

If you think the Yukon needs another nerf, then i don't know what to tell you other then you needing to take a look at how you play and improve.

Well, I haven't seen yukon for a long time, probably have missed the patchnotes with the nerfs(if there were any)

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

Well, I haven't seen yukon for a long time, probably have missed the patchnotes with the nerfs(if there were any)

they nerfed its firerate so its the same as the other Yukon series pistols in full auto. It's no longer NFA ROF, it got the hammer about a year or so ago.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

this is my issue with polls of random community members, how many people are like this guy and advocating nerfs to weapons they don’t even understand?

• Like 2

Very neat idea! More polls like these would be a nice thing for LO to do themselves, too.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:08 AM, MartinPL said:

One obvious change to the survey is the removal of the "No opinion" option since it didn't really indicate anything.

I'd recommend adding this option back next time as it serves for the case where a participant has not actually used all of the weapons, or doesn't know much about some of them (which is probably more common than one would imagine).

• Like 1

Colby Commander is pure trash, if it's so balanced then why can you count on one hand how many times you have seen it your entire APB career!

sees Hazardous's incredibly negative scoring

Huh, it's almost like Im not surprised at all lmao

On 4/26/2020 at 1:08 AM, MartinPL said:

One obvious change to the survey is the removal of the "No opinion" option since it didn't really indicate anything.

good idea, good-ish survey but:

I don't like this because I haven't had a chance to play all of them - or see them in action much - so it's very hard to judge - which undoubtedly will mess with the results.

this makes it the polar opposite of a proper statistical survey.

a "don't know", "no opinion" and/or in this case "barely saw it in action (recently)" should always be included

you might still wanna remove those values when evaluating the results - but forcing people to put a random cross because you didn't provide much needed options - hell, removed them on purpose - seems pretty wrong.

i'd also love to see how biased people that (do not) own the weapons are/how their opinion changed from before trying to after trying but one can only dream...

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Havana said:

Colby Commander is pure trash, if it's so balanced then why can you count on one hand how many times you have seen it your entire APB career!

at the end of the day it’s just an rsa reskin with a very situational legendary mod - that’s doesn’t make it a bad gun, but i imagine many people don’t think it’s worthwhile to buy joker boxes for a gun so similar to its f2p variant

• Thanks 1

What's the use of it? You can't balance a game on some people active in some forum...

On 4/27/2020 at 9:19 AM, DouglasFalcon said:

People out there really wanting Anubis to be buffed?

I only want one buff for the Anubis: get rid of that weird crosshair and give it the default crosshair.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, DouglasFalcon said:

People out there really wanting Anubis to be buffed?
Oh well, guess I'll be ready to embrace the hate once it gets buffed into being too good lol

I hope you arent like some (weirdo) people like to "embrace" or live surrounded in their house full of trash or unuseful things, cause you know it's a disease...

On 4/28/2020 at 9:01 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People don't want it buffed, just reverted to how it was before.

👍

On 4/28/2020 at 5:20 PM, Snubnose said:

nah the main reason it could use a buff is that the OBIR gets picked over it because it is better in some (important) ways.

OBIR has a faster TTK (1.2s vs 1.47s), and more damage per burst (495 vs 375) but less range. yes, there is a little bit of RNG involved with the obir burst, but so is with the anubis having this weird function where the shots get more accuracte later on, and the second-third shots have some RNG involved - and that's where the problem lies. as a sniper, it shouldn't have RNG involved. so the only thing the anubis needs is this stupid "feature" removed, and be properly accuracte on the second and third shot aswell.

on the other hand, I'd suggest buffing DMR damage to 475 and Anubis damage to 400. that'd bring them closer to the meta of OBIR / HVR.

Or, as an alternative nerf OBIR to ~420 (so it'll be 8 STK rather than 7) and HVR damage to 800 or 750.

(I'd prefer buffing out of meta weapons slightly, rather than nerfing everything in the meta though)

Nice suggestion

On 4/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, WEISSDEATH said:

But...this doesn't explain why people think the HAMMER is broken.

windup timer

short range

short damage radius 

poor radius of damage, no seriously start from around 50% hp at the perfect epicentre to directly nothing XD

Sign in to follow this