Sign in to follow this  
mtz

April 2020 Legendary Weapon Survey

We've had a survey like this a good while ago... but a lot of time has passed since. In that time, we've had three additions to the legendary weapon pool, some changes and fixes here and there — might be worth it to assemble our opinions on the current state of the legendary weapons!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEnlWK6BGs4WdgT3F5xozNPbWc0SELvR9eEUKawOsSs6FLZw/viewform?usp=sf_link

One obvious change to the survey is the removal of the "No opinion" option since it didn't really indicate anything.

For reference, the results of the old survey can be found here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

Now this will be interesting to see who has a brain and who doesn't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Iazer said:

Now this will be interesting to see who has a brain and who doesn't

I already see a few thinking the Bullshark, Hammer and Yukon are broken with a few downsides

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WEISSDEATH said:

I already see a few thinking the Bullshark, Hammer and Yukon are broken with a few downsides

maybe ocsp is broken too

3 minutes ago, Machine659 said:

maybe ocsp is broken too

absolutely, so broken it overflowed and is now useless

can't wait for more weapon rebalancing, especially buffing underdogs 👍

I wonder if LO will do some surveys in the future. Not just for weapon balancing, but in general.

• Like 2

”good but could be nerfed” and “broken has no downsides” both kind of skate around the no mans land of “this gun is op”, with the former seeming to refer to meta weapons that are balanced but could recieve small tweaks without major performance impact and the latter not applying to any gun in apb at all imo 

i think a lot of players might take “good but could be nerfed” as “nerf this gun” (which might be intended, could you clarify?), leading to them either applying it wrong or avoiding it altogether for fear of another nerf wave

there’s no option specifically for guns that need a rework, unless that was what “straight downgrade” was intended to be and i was using it incorrectly

4 hours ago, 404 said:

”good but could be nerfed” and “broken has no downsides” both kind of skate around the no mans land of “this gun is op”, with the former seeming to refer to meta weapons that are balanced but could recieve small tweaks without major performance impact and the latter not applying to any gun in apb at all imo 

i think a lot of players might take “good but could be nerfed” as “nerf this gun” (which might be intended, could you clarify?), leading to them either applying it wrong or avoiding it altogether for fear of another nerf wave

there’s no option specifically for guns that need a rework, unless that was what “straight downgrade” was intended to be and i was using it incorrectly

The subject of available answers and their wording is one that I've tried to think about, but I couldn't come up with any better ones.

I personally see the answers as a scale between underperforming and outperforming other options in a weapon's category. If you want a more detailed interpretation of the answers and what I had in mind while choosing them, they are as follows:

[Unusable] Straight downgrade The weapon is noticeably set back by some factor(s) due to which it's significantly outperformed by most alternatives within its category.

[Suboptimal] Good but could be buffed — On its own, the weapon is not bad, though it might lose in some situations compared to weapons that would normally serve the same purpose.

[Balanced] Fine as it is — The weapon has no greater issues that set it back or put it above other weapons. The legendary mod overall works as a sidegrade, not an upgrade or a downgrade.

[Excellent] Good but could be nerfed The weapon is more or less fine as it is, though it might have some individual aspects that could potentially and/or not urgently need reining in.

[Broken] Has no downsides — The weapon outperforms most alternatives within its category. Taking it over its non-legendary counterpart or its alternatives is a straight upgrade.

Arguably we could have gone with a 4-point scale, ditching the fourth option and having it go "Straight Downgrade" to "Underpowered" to "Balanced" to "Straight Upgrade" — but that would leave us with a scale that has 3 "negative" options and 1 positive. I've asked people in the unofficial APB Discord and there weren't any objections to these answers. I'm sure the next survey could be improved in some ways, one of which would be the answers made available to people who engage in the survey.

• Thanks 1

I think it's interesting that a lot of people thought that a gun like the Colby Commander were performing sub optimally. I mean it compares like the Colby RSA just with a very situational and niche mod on it. So are people trying to say that the issue with the Colby Commander is that the mod is sub optimal or that the Colby RSA is sub optimal? I find I'm quite in line with the consensus it seems on most of the votes people submitted, maybe I'm alone on the VBR huntress though? I feel it's sub optimal.

Other strong opinions seem to be on the Ursus, no surprises there though and the Volcano. I'm guessing people just feel as though Ursus should've followed along with the balance changes made to the N-TEC5 I can't recall people ever really having a strong opinion about it before the balance changes and the Volcano is just straight up annoying, I own one but used it once or twice. Out of principle I'd never use anything I wouldn't wanna be on the opposite side of. 

Edited by AgentWatson

22 hours ago, MartinPL said:

We've had a survey like this a good while ago... but a lot of time has passed since. In that time, we've had three additions to the legendary weapon pool, some changes and fixes here and there — might be worth it to assemble our opinions on the current state of the legendary weapons!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEnlWK6BGs4WdgT3F5xozNPbWc0SELvR9eEUKawOsSs6FLZw/viewform?usp=sf_link

One obvious change to the survey is the removal of the "No opinion" option since it didn't really indicate anything.

Nice idea and effort (my praise for it because you have done well it ) but... but my question... anyone LO staff will check these FEEDBACK-s for getting some actions later?

Also, I dont see any SPCT team here seeming tell something here... I am feeling bad such as when I give a thought at the game suggestion's treads where pratically  is "fawless" empty from any sign of members/ (especially) staff tell some thoughts or discussion about...

Sorry for the question, but it shall be nice if some staff tell "vaguely" here at least they recognizes it and my (and you others) the 2/3 min spent for it worth something, without count the ones Martin spent for making it.

Bye

Honestly all my answers orbitated around "could use buff" or "fine as it is".

I dunno if any legendaries need nerfs rn.

People out there really wanting Anubis to be buffed?
Oh well, guess I'll be ready to embrace the hate once it gets buffed into being too good lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Oh well, guess I'll be ready to embrace the hate once it gets buffed into being too good lol

it’s not good atm, not sure why that’s surprising 

8 hours ago, 404 said:

it’s not good atm, not sure why that’s surprising 

It's on par with the likes of Raptor Condor imo. Not amazing but definetely not a "needs to be buffed" weapon.
People just get scared of the weird crosshair

Hi all,

I’m definitely interested in seeing the results once enough people have weighed in.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 4/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, DouglasFalcon said:

2 hours ago, DouglasFalcon said:

It's on par with the likes of Raptor Condor imo. Not amazing but definetely not a "needs to be buffed" weapon.
People just get scared of the weird crosshair

nah the main reason it could use a buff is that the OBIR gets picked over it because it is better in some (important) ways.

OBIR has a faster TTK (1.2s vs 1.47s), and more damage per burst (495 vs 375) but less range. yes, there is a little bit of RNG involved with the obir burst, but so is with the anubis having this weird function where the shots get more accuracte later on, and the second-third shots have some RNG involved - and that's where the problem lies. as a sniper, it shouldn't have RNG involved. so the only thing the anubis needs is this stupid "feature" removed, and be properly accuracte on the second and third shot aswell.

on the other hand, I'd suggest buffing DMR damage to 475 and Anubis damage to 400. that'd bring them closer to the meta of OBIR / HVR.

Or, as an alternative nerf OBIR to ~420 (so it'll be 8 STK rather than 7) and HVR damage to 800 or 750.

(I'd prefer buffing out of meta weapons slightly, rather than nerfing everything in the meta though)

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 1:37 AM, WEISSDEATH said:

Yukon is likely carrying its bad reputation from before LO took over

Bullshark goes from gimmicky to laser of death as you build up bursts, it's pretty funny

2 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Yukon is likely carrying its bad reputation from before LO took over

Bullshark goes from gimmicky to laser of death as you build up bursts, it's pretty funny

Yeah but unless youre in the open and there isnt even a single car around, just dip in cover for like 2 or 3 seconds and you've fucked up the Bullshark assuming you dont keep trying to peek it, cuz they either have to keep firing or reload.

But...this doesn't explain why people think the HAMMER is broken.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, DouglasFalcon said:

People don't want it buffed, just reverted to how it was before.

Sure, I guess you could call that a buff. But it's more a just handling/feel change.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:11 PM, AgentWatson said:

I think it's interesting that a lot of people thought that a gun like the Colby Commander were performing sub optimally. I mean it compares like the Colby RSA just wish a very situational and niche mod on it. So are people trying to say that the issue with the Colby Commander is that the mod is sub optimal or that the Colby RSA is sub optimal? I find I'm quite in line with the consensus it seems on most of the votes people submitted, maybe I'm alone on the VBR huntress though? I feel it's sub optimal.

Other strong opinions seem to be on the Ursus, no surprises there though and the Volcano. I'm guessing people just feel as though Ursus should've followed along with the balance changes made to the N-TEC5 I can't recall people ever really having a strong opinion about it before the balance changes and the Volcano is just straight up annoying, I own one but used it once or twice. Out of principle I'd never use anything I wouldn't wanna be on the opposite side of. 

Ursus did get the same nerfs normal ntec did tho (increase to max fullauto spread and decrease to jumping accuracy)

On 4/25/2020 at 7:08 PM, MartinPL said:

gross how people think the ursus is balanced lmao

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this