EneSeto

Is 2FA really necessary

I was prompt to key in the verification code every time I login/switch character which is very annoying, the remember me button is just not working

so I'm thinking of disabling that 2FA forever, what will I get? trade lock? Can I still buy from Armas/marketplace without 2FA?

• Like 1

The remember button is currently bugged but this issue can be fixed by navigating to your account settings on the Gamersfirst website and disabling and then reenabling "Tokenize"

877159ea4fbd9db3252065930ae969ff.png

Once you've done that checking the "Remember me button" will work again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Frosi said:

The remember button is currently bugged but this issue can be fixed by navigating to your account settings on the Gamersfirst website and disabling and then reenabling "Tokenize"

877159ea4fbd9db3252065930ae969ff.png

okay thanks, I have it enabled so now I turned on again it should fix

8 hours ago, EneSeto said:

I was prompt to key in the verification code every time I login/switch character which is very annoying, the remember me button is just not working

so I'm thinking of disabling that 2FA forever, what will I get? trade lock? Can I still buy from Armas/marketplace without 2FA?

Remember me button isn't for 2FA but for the email address to stay saved and alredy written down in the space after you star/reboot/log out from the game.

Edited by AlishaAzure

2fa is worthless to me since little orbit hasnt added the "no tradelock" feature that it was supposed to have in the first place, until that point i'll take the risk of a 1337 hacker bruteforcing my account

8 minutes ago, 404 said:

2fa is worthless to me since little orbit hasnt added the "no tradelock" feature that it was supposed to have in the first place, until that point i'll take the risk of a 1337 hacker bruteforcing my account

^ That also.

16 minutes ago, 404 said:

Someone attempted to enter my account in January 2018 and was able to hijack Steam despite different passwords on that one from mail (Irony of this whole situation was that my unjust ban prevented that).

So it's not just risk of bruteforcing, it's risk of this repeating.

Edited by Mitne

4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Someone attempted to enter my account in January 2018 and was able to hijack Steam despite different passwords on that one from mail (Irony of this whole situation was that my unjust ban prevented that).

So it's not just risk of bruteforcing, it's risk of this repeating.

i don't use steam, it sucks

7 hours ago, Frosi said:

This is a hit or miss, I've done that multiple times and it still refuses to remember me.

If there's a 2FA, could we get it to work with those 2FA apps on iOS/Android? Just for future thought, thanks.