Sign in to follow this  
Resine

Is there anything planned for Car Gameplay?

Is there anything planned for car gameplay in near future?

I played few rounds after quite a long period of not playing it and goddess.. what is it with this car meta right now? People literally don't come out from their Tanks and Vegases? Just drive them around, maybe peak a bit and are right back inside if you even look at them wrong way. You could conc your way through with tanks if they don't expect you but good luck hitting instant acceleration Vegas 4x4. I don't know how you feel about it, but neither me nor my teammates enjoy playing with anti-vehicle weapon crippling actual game experience for themselves.

So I was wondering are the any changes coming that maybe I missed during inactivity time?

• Thanks 2

Anti vehicle EMP coming with new contacts when the new engine launches.

Just now, WitchQueen said:

Anti vehicle EMP coming with new contacts when the new engine launches.

Could you explain, how does it work?

I have been saying the same for the last 3-4 years. People stay in the car the entire missions and they don't get out. It's time to remove that purple mod that make cars don't blow up.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Resine said:

Could you explain, how does it work?

Watch from here: 

(Thanks to Kevkov for the timestamp).

I don't know much more than Matt says here though.

• Like 1

That's very vague idea, I can't say I am happy with it. Making more mechanics to fix broken ones never ended well. Well, lets just secretly hope that they will cut HP by half and make other cars competitive again banning car gameplay at the same time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Resine said:

That's very vague idea, I can't say I am happy with it. Making more mechanics to fix broken ones never ended well. Well, lets just secretly hope that they will cut HP by half and make other cars competitive again banning car gameplay at the same time.

they've explained the EMP nade a little more detailed before:

The effects of an EMP field are:

Disabling BoomBox

Vehicles are electrified and:

People inside of them take damage every few seconds.

Can be prevented from entering vehicles.

Alarms are silenced.

Lights are turned off.

Vehicle is no longer available for spawning.

Remote detonation can no longer be triggered.

The vehicle will explode if remote detonation is active.

Mobile radar is disabled.

Accelerator is disabled, vehicle can still turn and break, but not accelerate.

A HUD message will show up showing that you are affected by EMP.

found HERE

also, they said they'll take a look at balancing cars overall, but only after the engine update is finished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a really over complicated solution to a problem that could be easily fixed with a simple hp nerf for vegas, pioneer and especio.

• Like 2

A SWARM or ALIG, some nades like concs and some well used consumables like stachel charge or that shield can help a lot too

Sadly it dont work allways that way

But u cant win all...so its okay i guess

17 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

Watch from here: 

(Thanks to Kevkov for the timestamp).

I don't know much more than Matt says here though.

I love you 

12 minutes ago, SunnyMonroe said:

A SWARM or ALIG, some nades like concs and some well used consumables like stachel charge or that shield can help a lot too

Sadly it dont work allways that way

But u cant win all...so its okay i guess

I don't think I would enjoy playing alig to shoot cars all day, I think I am out of satchel charges, you get like what 2 every 10 missions? They are used to get rid of car-spawn rather than to blow up people driving around. If you land a conc on a car, it's mostly because you were hidden and they did not expect you, or the other player made a dumb mistake, and even if you do it's not enough for some cars.

Edited by Resine

Ban Exoticz and car gameplay will drop by 90%
Easy fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand why people complain about cars when they can just go to an action district where there is no car game.  I play APB for the car game, otherwise its not APB. I have played against many players with amazing aim and coordination, but as soon as they got into a car, they couldnt turn a corner.

• Like 1

Don't think the EMP grenades will shift the meta too much, regular grenades are too valueable to give up, you can already feel that when you decide to run bricks/8balls.

A vehicle rebalance, mostly 4x4 vegas, pioneer and espacio desperately needs to happen, and blowtorch needs adjustments.

• Like 1

have you tried stacking 2 or 3 hvrs against them instead of just 1?

7 hours ago, Kiida said:

Ban Exoticz and car gameplay will drop by 90%
Easy fix.

kdud.

In all seriousness, I dont think the EMP grenade will change the "car gameplay" meta much. Although, we still dont have any information about how useful this grenade will be.

I'd prefer a car balance on all cars, health, speed, cargo capacity, etc...

Not to mention, we desperately need High Burn Fuel nerf. Currently it has no downsides which makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The maps are very open. People use their cars for cover. If there was proper cover available, people wouldn't resort to their cars all the time.

11 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

they can just go to an action district where there is no car game

i mean i know we have a bunch of empty districts because the pop is low but i don’t really think playing unopposed missions is the solution :^)

make it so you can't open a door or insta pop into a vehicle next to an object and the problem is half fixed

im using osmaw and having no problems vs car players anymore.... maybe people should try to use whats already available in-game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

im using osmaw and having no problems vs car players anymore.... maybe people should try to use whats already available in-game.

You are correct, this is a non issue.  Going by the post, i believe what he is trying to say is, he is having trouble steamrolling noob teams as they keep hiding in their cars.

6 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

osmaw is pretty worthless for countering pioneer/espacio carplay, but i guess it would probably work alright on 4x4s

9 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

That's the issue, you have to give up game experience and play with silly explosive weapons because you can't destroy Vegases 4x4 and tanks otherwise.

It's like you play 2vs2, the fight happens, both teams lose 1 person so it's 1vs1, you have to do the objective which is a car, I quickly hop to my tank and push it around so you can't do shit to stop me.

12 minutes ago, Resine said:

That's the issue, you have to give up game experience and play with silly explosive weapons because you can't destroy Vegases 4x4 and tanks otherwise.

It's like you play 2vs2, the fight happens, both teams lose 1 person so it's 1vs1, you have to do the objective which is a car, I quickly hop to my tank and push it around so you can't do shit to stop me.

not only this, it makes most other cars just plain out inferior choices. which is the exact opposite of what APB was emant to be: a game abyout style. Thats why we do not have attributes on clothings, to prevent everyone looking the same.  But the 4x4, car surfer and mobile spawn as well as being able to resupply anywhere completely shifted car gameplay to like 3 cars since durability is key. Carsurfer made 4 seats unnecessary. deployable ammo box and remmo on even car deployers made resupply in cars obsolete. And mobile spawn definately went to the top priority of blue mods in cars. And this killed car variety.

Volcano on top just made things worse. Not like the lower HP cars already instant popped already. 

1 hour ago, Resine said:

Alig can kill those with enough easy and familiarity with how to use an alig.

look under light machine guns.

Gameplay hindered means you didn't have an ammo car by the way.

Sign in to follow this