Sign in to follow this  
Arientus

Please Restrict certain mods/weapons in certain districts

Heyo! Long time player here and before anyone says anything; yes I do have some pretty "pay to win" guns such as a Patroller. That being said; I made a new criminal character to play with two friends who had played the game very limitedly if at all before, and upon entry into the Bronze District, we got completely decimated by URSUS users who dethreated to reach the "newbie" levels of play. I don't have any account wide weapons aside from the special ones from spending too much money on the game, so it was super demoralizing and they both promptly uninstalled the game. Instead of relying on the whales who throw money at Joker boxes and get weapons that really should be nerfed to begin with, I would like to recommend something. 

Restrict the available weapons/mods per district depending on the threat level. I.e; Bronze should only be allowed up to Tier 1 mods, Silver 2, and Gold is free for all. Joker Box weapons should be restricted to Silver+ so you don't have a completely ruined new player experience just because some people want to troll the new players. I feel like this would drastically change the new player experience, letting players actually have a chance to learn and understand the game instead of dying every two seconds to weapons like the Volcano and URSUS. These are just my thoughts on the topic though, and seeing as we have little to no new players despite the hype that is the updated engine, I feel like we need a change.

• Like 1

Going to be honest here and you forgot one very major issue; It wouldn't of mattered if those weapons and mods were restricted or not, those players would of likely beaten you eitherway. Sure, some weapons are definitely easier to use then others and require no real skill(like Volcano) but that doesn't mean said player doesnt know how to use other weapons.

A good majority of the good or meta weapons aren't "P2W" or need to be spent on with real money, weapons like the PMG, NTEC, Obeya, HVR and OBIR are all ingame weapons that can be brought with regular money earned ingame. This also includes the OSMAW and OPGL. Those listed weapons are often considered superior to their "P2W" and legendary counterparts, most of armas' weapons are also subpar compared to these weapons or just reskins of them. 

Ultimately; restricting those weapons and mods wouldn't matter, if those players are good enough, they'd wreck you with the regular weapons they got with APB$ anyway. Also, the Patroller is like..not...P2W...

stopped reading after you called a gun that is mediocre at best "pay to win."

if you're gonna call something pay to win at least call something that's meta p2w. Either way though, every gun in this game can be countered by a free unlockable weapon. All that matters is how you play the game. Your friends got decimated? Yeah, this game isn't very new player friendly, and that is what needs to change, but not by preventing them from seeing the guns the game has to offer(that aren't unbalanced). I really hope this idea never takes flight because its not a very good one. Sidenote, I'm a completely free to play player with the exception of clothes from armas and an N-TEC reskin. 

• Like 1

Either limit the rank of mods per server, or limit the amount of mods on equipment by server.

New players have to deal with a lack of map knowledge, a lack of game knowledge, they don't need to suffer extravagantly against players who also outgear them. This isn't about P2W. Even if a new player tries to P he won't W because you aren't paying cash for the mods to compete against r255 dethreats. It's not like you need max modded gear to handle bronzes. You only need it to handle other dethreaters, and you don't need that when they are limited to the same rules.

Bronze - 1 mod per character, weapon, and Vehicle
Silver - 2 mods per character, weapon, and Vehicle
Gold - No Holds barred.

20 minutes ago, WEISSDEATH said:

Going to be honest here and you forgot one very major issue; It wouldn't of mattered if those weapons and mods were restricted or not, those players would of likely beaten you eitherway. Sure, some weapons are definitely easier to use then others and require no real skill(like Volcano) but that doesn't mean said player doesnt know how to use other weapons.

A good majority of the good or meta weapons aren't "P2W" or need to be spent on with real money, weapons like the PMG, NTEC, Obeya, HVR and OBIR are all ingame weapons that can be brought with regular money earned ingame. This also includes the OSMAW and OPGL. Those listed weapons are often considered superior to their "P2W" and legendary counterparts, most of armas' weapons are also subpar compared to these weapons or just reskins of them. 

Ultimately; restricting those weapons and mods wouldn't matter, if those players are good enough, they'd wreck you with the regular weapons they got with APB$ anyway. Also, the Patroller is like..not...P2W...

Where there are good options for free to play users, not a single one can stack up to the URSUS. In addition, most of the options that are competitive are locked behind months if not years of progression for a casual player. Someone who is just getting into the game; sure they don't have the knowledge of maps, locations or what weapons to use to counter what, but it is incredibly one-sided to say the URSUS is fair compared to any other option available to the free to play user. You can't gain experience if everytime you win a gun fight, they switch to an URSUS and just plow you over.

22 minutes ago, Aseri said:

stopped reading after you called a gun that is mediocre at best "pay to win."

if you're gonna call something pay to win at least call something that's meta p2w. Either way though, every gun in this game can be countered by a free unlockable weapon. All that matters is how you play the game. Your friends got decimated? Yeah, this game isn't very new player friendly, and that is what needs to change, but not by preventing them from seeing the guns the game has to offer(that aren't unbalanced). I really hope this idea never takes flight because its not a very good one. Sidenote, I'm a completely free to play player with the exception of clothes from armas and an N-TEC reskin. 

Let me just start by saying that I respect your playstyle and not many people utilize something similar. Using an N-TEC, Sword or CR-5 takes practice to utilize. I understand there's a learning curve, but simply saying any gun being allowed in the Trainee channel is somewhat rediculous. All of the mods and comparable features are locked behind a redonkulous amount of grind, so even the basics like Happy Landings or Clotting Agent are difficult to compare against. Much less a car surfing OSMAW. I honestly feel that they need to make it much less of a wall and add steps to the districts instead of just allowing anyone with any loadout/amount of progression to just roflstomp anyone in the channel.

1 minute ago, Sharpen said:

Either limit the rank of mods per server, or limit the amount of mods on equipment by server.

New players have to deal with a lack of map knowledge, a lack of game knowledge, they don't need to suffer extravagantly against players who also outgear them. This isn't about P2W. Even if a new player tries to P he won't W because you aren't paying cash for the mods to compete against r255 dethreats. It's not like you need max modded gear to handle bronzes. You only need it to handle other dethreaters, and you don't need that when they are limited to the same rules.

Bronze - 1 mod per character, weapon, and Vehicle
Silver - 2 mods per character, weapon, and Vehicle
Gold - No Holds barred.

I feel like this is an even worse preposition. It's accepting dethreatters and not trying to combat them. In fact, I feel like dethreatters would want to dethreat even more because people are limited to little to no gear. "yeah ok dethreatters exist, so let's limit their gear so it's harder for them to kill new players in a game where all that really matters is your gameplay and not your equipment." Sorry sir, this makes less sense than the OP's post.

5 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

unknown.png

I gave up at "Heyo! Long time player here..."

my forum join date doesn't even get close to showing how long i've been playing, so i don't doubt his play time from just that.

15 minutes ago, Arientus said:

Where there are good options for free to play users, not a single one can stack up to the URSUS. In addition, most of the options that are competitive are locked behind months if not years of progression for a casual player. Someone who is just getting into the game; sure they don't have the knowledge of maps, locations or what weapons to use to counter what, but it is incredibly one-sided to say the URSUS is fair compared to any other option available to the free to play user. You can't gain experience if everytime you win a gun fight, they switch to an URSUS and just plow you over.

Let me just start by saying that I respect your playstyle and not many people utilize something similar. Using an N-TEC, Sword or CR-5 takes practice to utilize. I understand there's a learning curve, but simply saying any gun being allowed in the Trainee channel is somewhat rediculous. All of the mods and comparable features are locked behind a redonkulous amount of grind, so even the basics like Happy Landings or Clotting Agent are difficult to compare against. Much less a car surfing OSMAW. I honestly feel that they need to make it much less of a wall and add steps to the districts instead of just allowing anyone with any loadout/amount of progression to just roflstomp anyone in the channel.

Again, that's a player skill vs player skill issue.

Ive seen plenty of Ursus users get their patootie beat by a NTEC and free to play weapons.

15 minutes ago, Arientus said:

the ursus is meta, yes, but I really do feel like the normal N-TEC trumps it, at least, that's what I switch to when someone uses an ursus, either that or the Obeya CR762, sometimes the Joker SR15 Carbine depending on the spot the mission takes place in. As for your reply to me, I don't even agree with certain players being in the new player district. I don't think weapons should be barred off, however. I also think you're focusing too much on that part. What I'm trying to say is that it's not the weapons that are the problem, it's the players that abuse the system. The weapons aren't what need changing. What needs to be found is a way to combat the players who are obviously more experienced than a new player district. Though I guess the issue with that is finding a way for new players to even get missions with the game's current population. 

I ended up switching to EU due to lack of population. Nonetheless, there is no way to stop people from dethreating and going nuts on new players. The best option available in my opinion is to cut the available resources players have to their availability to cut down on the sheer cliffside that is entry into progression.

16 minutes ago, Arientus said:

I ended up switching to EU due to lack of population. Nonetheless, there is no way to stop people from dethreating and going nuts on new players. The best option available in my opinion is to cut the available resources players have to their availability to cut down on the sheer cliffside that is entry into progression.

And guess waht? Those players are still going to shit on you.

Yeah, lets get rid of the weapons but not the actual dethreaters.

So, frankly speaking. Has any one of the detractors brought a new player to the game in the past year? Because we tried, and it was such a toxic, uninviting experience with such a lack of real good gameplay (or anything resembling it) that they immediately uninstalled with little or no chance of returning.

Sounds like a lot of complaints from people who've not attempted this or seen the problems with it.

3 hours ago, Sharpen said:

So, frankly speaking. Has any one of the detractors brought a new player to the game in the past year? Because we tried, and it was such a toxic, uninviting experience with such a lack of real good gameplay (or anything resembling it) that they immediately uninstalled with little or no chance of returning.

Sounds like a lot of complaints from people who've not attempted this or seen the problems with it.

We see the problems with it, the issue is, and imma be honest, both of solutions from you and from OP quite frankly suck and don't help new players in any form.

All they do is keep dethreaters from using certain things but they don't prevent the dethreaters from going into the districts still and ruining things for new players. The only option is to report the dethreaters or find a way to remove them/prevent them from even going into the bronze districts in the first place.

Being truthful; APB isn't meant to be your "i can just go in and start shooting and be decent" type of shooter, i do agree that there needs to be some things put in place to help new players better, a much better tutorial would be helpful and there needs to be gameplay improvements, but as ive said, APB isn't meant to hold your hand like COD would. You also gotta put effort in to learning the game and the different strats you'll come up against.

12 hours ago, Sharpen said:

I made many friends to join APB and as far as i know, close to all left.

Edited by AlishaAzure

To the OP,

This suggestion that you have made has been made in pieces on and off for the last 3 years.

And over the time span, you will note more negative comments and responses to anything that has to do with the Bronze Districts altogether. Most players that give the bad comments are more then likely the same players that you are trying to "nerf"

NOT happening..

Matt Scott and L.O. will and have done EVERYTHING to bend over 2 KISS all of their collective hinnies..

With that said, let's see if they will get RID of the Bronze Districts altogether,  everyone that is Bronze down to Trainee can by default go to the Green Districts..

Now if your Siver/Gold and DETHREAT all the way down 2 where you can enter the Green Districts,  your IP address should be permanently BANNED from APB for the remainder of APB's life span.