I think active GMs should check dethreat reports frequently and ban them for 1 week or month, so they won't harass new players and gain exp easily

• Like 4

Peoples that dethreat probably can't match vs. real gold players.

Others dethreat because they want free/easy kills.

Is not that simple to understand which is the road each one of them really takes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

when matches are unfair u cant ban players for dethreatin..

Not when they do it on purpose to lose a rank so they can go in a different threat server then smash on them get gold and repeat... Thats unfair to the players that are actually trying to get better. 

Edited by Valkyrja-
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Valkyrja- said:

Not when they do it on purpose to lose a rank so they can go in a different threat server then smash on them get gold and repeat... Thats unfair to the players that are actually trying to get better. 

true but this cant be solved now..not yet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

"Matches are unfair so I'll dethreat, which will break matchmaking further and result in more unfair matches."

- APB player logic.

They should've been banning for dethreating years ago, but G1 either hadn't the means to detect it, or the balls to do it, one or the other. It's so fucked now that whatever LO eventually do to try and fix threat and matchmaking will very likely take months to start working properly whilst people's threats correct themselves. Not to mention that some absolute cretins will probably still continue to dethreat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

That is bullcrap, Thats the go to excuse for dethreaters to try justify their farming of new players.  Dethreaters know what they are doing, they will go into a premade team and steamroll new players. When they have made gold, they break off from that group to dethreat. They then team with the new players lose the games on purpose, gain Silver (or Bronze) and then go back to the group. I see it daly and i see the same players do it daly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

That is bullcrap, Thats the go to excuse for dethreaters to try justify their farming of new players.  Dethreaters know what they are doing, they will go into a premade team and steamroll new players. When they have made gold, they break off from that group to dethreat. They then team with the new players lose the games on purpose, gain Silver (or Bronze) and then go back to the group. I see it daly and i see the same players do it daly. 

There are always excuses and hand-washing over this.

"Matchmaking is broken anyway."

"I shouldn't be gold."

"I don't want to try that hard."

"All golds hack."

"My PC isn't good, so I dethreat to compensate."

"My banana doesn't work."

It's all bollocks. My belief is that a sizeable portion of the APB playerbase, way more people than would admit, don't actually want fair matchmaking. Fair matchmaking would mean regularly playing people who are as good as you and losing as many as you win over time. No. Much more fun to stomp on players who barely understand the game's mechanics.

Edited by MrChan

9 minutes ago, MrChan said:

There are always excuses and hand-washing over this.

"Matchmaking is broken anyway."

"I shouldn't be gold."

"I don't want to try that hard."

"All golds hack."

"My PC isn't good, so I dethreat to compensate."

"My banana doesn't work."

It's all bollocks. My belief is that a sizeable portion of the APB playerbase, way more people than would admit, don't actually want fair matchmaking. Fair matchmaking would mean regularly playing people who are as good as you and losing as many as you win over time. No. Much more fun to stomp on players who barely understand the game's mechanics.

Of course matchmaking is broken when experienced players only team with Experienced players. When i go on with my level 255, i am treated with respect. When i create a new player, i am met with abuse, nobody will invite to group, level 255s with dethreat on me.   I teamed with a couple of players recently, there were 3 of us and we were doing well. I suggested inviting a new player to the group. I was met with an immediate "NO!"   We are here to smurf other players. Who are you anyway?  I was then kicked from the group for making that suggestion.  So got my level 255 rejoined the server so i could "smurf" them. I never got matched against them 😞

I played another game with a new player, i was teamed with a good team, one of those players did his best to get me kicked from the team. He tried jumping in front of my car. Team killing so i could shoot him back, harrassed through chat.  He posts here, so will probably read this 🙂  But this is just a taste of what new players do get. I know LO is working on it. but i would like to see that people are getting banned, at this moment in time, i hear nothing about anybody getting bans. If people are not hearing about it, its going to continue to happen.  I wouldnt say name and shame but there should be some statistics to show its happening. That in itself is a deterant.

Yea yea i understand and know all this.My point is that if LO start baning dethreaters left and right(because they are a LOT in bronze dist.)population will decrease with at least 50%.We need the new matchmaking and probably hidden threat or somethin similar

Right now simple solution i suggest many times is to disable the option player to start mission when become gold in bronze district.This not gonna solve the problem but at least will decrease the amount of time this dethreaters spend in bronze district

Edited by TheMessiah

How do you tell 100% without a doubt that someone is actively dethreating so that no false bans will be handed out?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

as far as i've been able to see, people that dethreat cant even deal with the hardboiled silvers of the silver distrct.

17 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

16 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

as far as i've been able to see, people that dethreat cant even deal with the hardboiled silvers of the silver distrct.

some can and some even brag about it  but dethreat intentionally regardless.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How do you tell 100% without a doubt that someone is actively dethreating so that no false bans will be handed out?

if theyre gold every single day they are in bronze is the only thing i can think of to be accurate enough.

13 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Yea yea i understand and know all this.My point is that if LO start baning dethreaters left and right(because they are a LOT in bronze dist.)population will decrease with at least 50%.We need the new matchmaking and probably hidden threat or somethin similar

Right now simple solution i suggest many times is to disable the option player to start mission when become gold in bronze district.This not gonna solve the problem but at least will decrease the amount of time this dethreaters spend in bronze district

unfortunately golds have been blocking bronzes from playing lately as well.

they would probably do it even more so then.

thats why i don't know what to do about this other than chew the fat and wait for phasing and matchmaking to be reworked

in any case , I've seen this week one gold decimate an entire team in bronze district 4 silvers on 1 gold

its why people are getting upset again since certain people are blatantly dethreating.

1 hour ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

Yeah, well, i can say that im not that good to play on silver districts, when i die (because i can't even turn my body and i am alredy on the ground respawning) peoples insult and keep saying to not dethreat or that they reported me, whn really, im not, i just can't do nothing about that, i win 1 time i become gold, i lose i come back silver and forward like that, pretty much everyday.

52 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

some can and some even brag about it  but dethreat intentionally regardless.

if theyre gold every single day they are in bronze is the only thing i can think of to be accurate enough.

thats why i don't know what to do about this other than chew the fat and wait for phasing and matchmaking to be reworked

in any case , I've seen this week one gold decimate an entire team in bronze district 4 silvers on 1 gold

its why people are getting upset again since certain people are blatantly dethreating.

I know.

Well the system is f*cked.

Hopefully Little Orbit will adjust/change it.

I heard some words by Matt in the last Q&A.

• Like 1

I know that people dethreated to play with friends who are low ranked or not good enough for silver district. I used to do that 4~5 years ago because i had lots of friends there. We also dethreated in a own group of friends. It's not as bad as people going into solo missions and play bad ruining the fun for people who seriously play but today i think it is a dumb thing anyway. As a high rank/max rank you don't belong on a district with beginners. Also, you're just as good as the people you play against and of course if you stay on bronze district 23/7 on purpose you'll be on the same skill level as others playing there. So if you wanna get gud, get together with gud people and get your cheeks clopped til you figure out and stand your ground there.

LO knows about that match making problem but what about a ranked locked district system? T~100 is bronze, 101~194 is silver and 195~255 Gold district.

Not sure how that would affect the player population on each of those districts but i've seen that in another game and it worked pretty well.

20 hours ago, RealSlimShady said:

I think active GMs should check dethreat reports frequently and ban them for 1 week or month, so they won't harass new players and gain exp easily

I fully agree. It is easily seen who is really bad player and who is faking it just to stomp bronzes and newcomers at bronze servers. 

I think it would help if you can join higher server but not a server lower than your Threat. For example a Bronze can join Bronze, Silver and Gold Servers (like if ppl in a clan want to do an event), a Silver can join Silver and Golder Servers but not Bronze and a Gold can only join Gold servers. Another Problem in my oppinion is that you get the Silver/Gold WAY TO EASY play a mission get 1 kil die 10 times gratz your silver now and so on.

But meh who am i to judge.

1 hour ago, JunoSuzuki said:

I know that people dethreated to play with friends who are low ranked or not good enough for silver district. I used to do that 4~5 years ago because i had lots of friends there. We also dethreated in a own group of friends. It's not as bad as people going into solo missions and play bad ruining the fun for people who seriously play but today i think it is a dumb thing anyway. As a high rank/max rank you don't belong on a district with beginners. Also, you're just as good as the people you play against and of course if you stay on bronze district 23/7 on purpose you'll be on the same skill level as others playing there. So if you wanna get gud, get together with gud people and get your cheeks clopped til you figure out and stand your ground there.

LO knows about that match making problem but what about a ranked locked district system? T~100 is bronze, 101~194 is silver and 195~255 Gold district.

Not sure how that would affect the player population on each of those districts but i've seen that in another game and it worked pretty well.

You’re totally right.

It’s not even fun playing against new players and some clans’ players are dethreating everyday.

It f*cks up the game for new players, their teammates while they’re dethreating and the players matched against them, so it’s a bit f*cked up situation going on here and maybe banning them for 1 week could decrease it a bit.

20 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Others dethreat because they want free/easy kills.

Is not that simple to understand which is the road each one of them really takes.

I am getting matched with low ranked players in silver district recently, so dethrating shouldn’t be the excuse for bad players ( they can get matched with silver players in silver district ) they have to try harder not bang new players

Edited by RealSlimShady
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RealSlimShady said:

You’re totally right.

It’s not even fun playing against new players and some clans’ players are dethreating everyday.

It f*cks up the game for new players, their teammates while they’re dethreating and the players matched against them, so it’s a bit f*cked up situation going on here and maybe banning them for 1 week could decrease it a bit.

I am getting matched with low ranked players in silver district recently, so dethrating shouldn’t be the excuse for bad players ( they can get matched with silver players in silver district ) they have to try harder not bang new players

That's true, but not always you find silver players.

There are more tryhards prefire jumpshooting ntec and scout bois over there, those will just ruin your days.

Can't even sapwn properly.

15 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

That's true, but not always you find silver players.

There are more tryhards prefire jumpshooting ntec and scout bois over there, those will just ruin your days.

Can't even sapwn properly.

Jumpshotting mostly ends up with dying if the one getting jumpshotted can track them on the air

1 hour ago, JunoSuzuki said:

I'm a R111 fight club main with 80k kills on my primary character, when i go to play missions with friends on that character i pledge to a maxed contact so i don't rank up. Simply put that system wouldn't be fair. Better yet, plenty of people have low rank alt characters, you could be placing very experienced people with half a dozen R255 characters against total novices. What if someone like that just wants to make and level up a new character? How about all the people who have high rank characters, but are currently bronze or silver? They could be thrown at an impossible premade stack repeatedly.

LO has a long list of things to do, and rest assured a matchmaking system overhaul is in the works. As far i'm aware, their goal is a phased district system that the matchmaking can pull from, and group players together in a more appropriate manner. Depending on how many phases they have populated, this can turn their potential player pool from 80 (40/40 in a full district) into hundreds for either faction, eliminating the largest issue the current system has, which is just a miniscule selection of players to pick from. Furthermore, during the 2.1 Beta Q&A Matt Scott speculated at looking into a more deeply devided threat system with more tiers, much like what was had back in RTW when you had gold 1-10 and such. If you combined the two, you could imagine how accurate of a system you'd end up with.

And of course all of this has to take place after the engine upgrade, it would be wasteful to develop otherwise. As such, the most i can suggest at this point in time is to endure, try to learn how these players beat you and improve. People who dethreat are almost always at the same silver-gold border as a lot of people in the other district, and as such are likely beatable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iMiss said:

LO has a long list of things to do, and rest assured a matchmaking system overhaul is in the works.

Fixing match making is Random teams vs Random teams and Pre-made teams Vs Pre-made teams.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Players not actively playing, aiming for low scores (some idiots think negative score will help them even these days), suicides/TKs/AFK demerits making up for the majority if not the entirety of the medal collection of a player during a mission, to name a few symptoms. 

It's not that hard really.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

u understand what im sayn?i know my english is not very good but..

when player become gold on bronze dist.-must be blocked to play on bronze dist. anymore and must go silver dist. to start missions again

Edited by TheMessiah

On 4/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, RealSlimShady said:

If you see people dethreat, then simply /report the person. Not much more you can do about it.

If there is clear evidence of the person dethreating, then I'm sure they will take action or warn the player.

On another side, you cant really blame them for it. The current threat/matchmaking is bad and needs rework which leads people into dethreating. 

Hopefully in the future there will be a better system in place.

• Like 1