Sign in to follow this  
BuggedOut

Heyo!

Dropped into social to a bunch of names I never seen before...got spooked but quickly equipped my LCR PR2 and deaded that feeling. Jumped into an Asylum match, killed a few baddies while realizing how much lack of gamesense and keybind knowledge I had hopped in with- to be saved by the match ending. Good frames and latency...things felt tight and responsive. If only I could recall my old mouse sensitivity x.x

So I saw SKay's highlight reel with Matt. Well done, both of you! @SKay SKay your hosting and interviewing were amicable, and @MattScott Matt appreciate the patience, thoroughness, and time you set aside to have the interview. The level of transparency and honesty were beyond refreshing. For sake of continuing honesty, I shed a tear when you guys started talking about the garbage collection, physics, and issues that were ailing the backend of things both client and server alike. There were a lot of us that pushed very hard to pinpoint issues (through traces, debugs, and other tools) for Reloaded to tackle, and really it was just nice to finally hear the discoveries we made are the topic of things being tackled and smoothed out for 2.1. It's very hard to iterate to the average customer/computer user what the back-end of this game truly entails, and what it takes to overhaul the framework of your applications while maintaining a live environment.

It's taken a long time, and it's had to pass through a bunch of hands; but after watching the interview I firmly believe if APB had a chance to continue on, LO were the right hands to see it through. To learn and understand the intricacies and layers of "webbed" code that comprise APB is equivalent to taking a 2 year course in another teams philosophies and API- without their direct tutelage.

As an end-user/player; the first thing you will look for in a video or images, is exactly what is being presented to you- a visual perception & aid to give you an idea of progress. The problem here, is about 70-80% or more of this teams progress in 2 years will be hard to show in a picture, or explain in a timed interview with video samples. They can show you graphical progression of course- but there is a lot going on in the background of both the server and client that has been "touched", or completely changed to make the transition they are making with 2.1- while still being able to import/convert legacy data. It's quite a feat, and LO should without a doubt be proud of what they have accomplished. I see the pride Matt takes when he was able to watch as a third person other people seeing the updated character & vehicle creators; The funny thing is as nice as the lighting and tweaks have made the legacy assets look- I was really taken back by how smooth/quick loading things were in comparison to the live I knew.

What I'm trying to say here is...if you love this game, keep playing, keep the faith, and continue to show the patience/understanding deep down you have; even if you troll to hide it. The graphics, the new content; that will all roll out in time. They gotta get the core right, and personally I love the idea of a staggered/phased release of beta to open the faucet of feedback. It means a lot to be at this stage, for everyone involved. Front-end polish is always last in development; but even at this point things are looking up!

Stay positive!

-z00t/Mahoney

Edited by BuggedOut
  • Like 3

thats all great , but i am afraid that long waited engine upgrade wont bring any life ground breaking change.  You will get more levels...once you maxed contacts out, again same old repetitive thing regarding gameplay.

What i do hope so, tho is that with new engine next update to engine 4 gonna be x1000 times easier than this jump. When that happen i sincerely hope LO will use the fact they can buy models, clothes, cars, from engine auction house from free lancer programmers around the world, being the fact infiltration of those into engine is merely click of a mouse, if you got finished model.

Only that, can save APB. 

With new models, new content, you can buy new lore, or add new stuff, new maps, new vehicles, etc.

Lets hope that is finished product.  

Stay positive indeed 😉 

Edited by Inhotep

9 minutes ago, Inhotep said:

What i do hope so, tho is that with new engine next update to engine 4 gonna be x1000 times easier than this jump.

its not

3 hours ago, Inhotep said:

thats all great , but i am afraid that long waited engine upgrade wont bring any life ground breaking change.  You will get more levels...once you maxed contacts out, again same old repetitive thing regarding gameplay.

What i do hope so, tho is that with new engine next update to engine 4 gonna be x1000 times easier than this jump. When that happen i sincerely hope LO will use the fact they can buy models, clothes, cars, from engine auction house from free lancer programmers around the world, being the fact infiltration of those into engine is merely click of a mouse, if you got finished model.

Only that, can save APB. 

With new models, new content, you can buy new lore, or add new stuff, new maps, new vehicles, etc.

Lets hope that is finished product.  

Stay positive indeed 😉 

oh boy, you got some reading to do...

also "JUST BUY A MODEL" ain't that simple... they'd still have to implement it properly into the game. for example if they'd buy a weapon model, they'd still have work on it a lot to port it into the game / make it work properly, so it can be skinned and whatnot. same goes for clothes and vehicles... there's a lot more underlying things to consider... it's not just "buy model, insert model - content created, profit!".

also weapon balancing.

Edited by Snubnose

Sign in to follow this