Sign in to follow this  
SaturdayGhede

New Vehicle idea

I would really like to see a vehicle that resembles an El Camino/Ranchero.  In fact.  You could totally release various kits that make them look like different versions of both.  Having it start as a 78 El Camino and having the 68 El Camino SS as a kit for sale.  Then having the 1983 Plymouth Scamp Pickup and 1971 Ranchero as other kits to buy.

I think having this vehicle be Charge's answer to Patriot's Vegas line would be great.  It should handle differently of course.  No wheelies.  I think that's something that should remain only for the Vegas as its quite iconic for it.  Besides that, it wouldn't really look right given how light the rear is and how long the wheel base is.  It would have the same top speed as all the fast cars, but it should handle closer to a Jericho.  It should have a better acceleration than the RWD Vegas but less than the 4x4 his would get rid of the need for a 4x4 variant.  It should actually have a good amount of storage.  Maybe 15 like the Dolton Montane.

Here's the pitch for in universe.

"Charge is finally answering the call to muscle with the brand new charge Matador.  The Matador isn't all motor though.  Sporting a full sized truck bed and long wheel base for stability, it's built from the ground up with utility in mind."

And yes.  Having it handle closer to a Jericho means the pitch about wheel base is bs.  But that's the point.

• Like 2

That would actually be an interesting addition. A mean looking, sporty light pick-up truck.

El Camino was a neat vehicle in Driver San Francisco, and it could sure fit San Paro also.

• Like 1

Yes please, Early El Caminos and Rancheros look badass.  I'm just wondering who the target demographic was supposed to be for each of those car/trucks lol.  Half muscle car, half pickup.  

Pictures of them in the order that the op mentioned them:

1978 El Camino

manual-de-despiece-chevrolet-el-camino-1

1968 El Camino SS

1968-Chevrolet-El%20Camino-classic-truck

1983 Plymouth Scamp Pickup

scamp002_800x600-jpg.33860

1971 Ford Ranchero

12065624-1971-ford-ranchero-std.jpg

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:52 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

Yes please, Early El Caminos and Rancheros look badass.  I'm just wondering who the target demographic was supposed to be for each of those car/trucks lol.  Half muscle car, half pickup.  

Pictures of them in the order that the op mentioned them:

1978 El Camino

manual-de-despiece-chevrolet-el-camino-1

1968 El Camino SS

1968-Chevrolet-El%20Camino-classic-truck

1983 Plymouth Scamp Pickup

scamp002_800x600-jpg.33860

1971 Ford Ranchero

12065624-1971-ford-ranchero-std.jpg

Thanks for getting all the pics together.  I'm gonna send this to the boss man and see what he thinks.