JohnNighthawk

Is there any other meta rather than Clotting Agent + Happy Landings?

Legit wanting to know, I've seen some people run Kevlar 2 or 3, but they usually get called off for being noobs.

Anyone here got different setups?

Clot 3 + Car surfer? lol

Fragile + Landings 3 (This one scares me the most lol)

Flak + Landings 3 (or Car surfer)

Edited by MoeEveryWeek

I use Clotting Agent II and Valzipram Tablets. These saved my life a lot of times already.

On my crim I enjoy running fragile and car surfer. Very odd combo, I know! And I know fragile is considered a useless perk but I love mobility over anything so I run it for that exact reason. It's fun to be sonic fast  !! 😆

Depends really, some people stick to to the good ol' classic HL and CA, but you can spice it up a little bit. 

Clotting agent III for CQC and mainly FC.
Clotting Agent II for Financial sometimes but especially for WF. Mainly when the enemy uses an HVR. 
Honestly unless you're specializing on movement with a secondary pistol I wouldn't pick fragile, CA has little to no competition, which can be considered a balance issue. 
However, the blue mods can be swapped according to the situation you're facing.
Valzipram Tablets is the good ol' "haha nope lol" when it comes to being run over by cars. 
Happy Landings III is just a general good modification to have, especially when the enemy is using car surfer for no good reason and forgets about jumping off a 3m building can damage you, and lose the trade. Many people actually use car surfer for no good reason. 
If you're using a close range weapon as your main, there's not much to having car surfer on you, car surfer excels best when people are running in vehicles, or when you're maining an anti-vehicle weapon. Negotiable use for car surfer is when you're using a medium to long range weapon.

Edited by Spherii
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Depends really, some people stick to to the good ol' classic HL and CA, but you can spice it up a little bit. 

Clotting agent III for CQC and mainly FC.
Clotting Agent II for Financial sometimes but especially for WF. Mainly when the enemy uses an HVR. 
Honestly unless you're specializing on movement with a secondary pistol I wouldn't pick fragile, CA has little to no competition, which can be considered a balance issue. 
However, the blue mods can be swapped according to the situation you're facing.
Valzipram Tablets is the good ol' "haha nope lol" when it comes to being run over by cars. 
Happy Landings III is just a general good modification to have, especially when the enemy is using car surfer for no good reason and forgets about jumping off a 3m building can damage you, and lose the trade. Many people actually use car surfer for no good reason. 
If you're using a close range weapon as your main, there's not much to having car surfer on you, car surfer excels best when people are running in vehicles, or when you're maining an anti-vehicle weapon. Negotiable use for car surfer is when you're using a medium to long range weapon. 

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I'm curious about the Valzipram tablets, do they completely negate vehicle damage? There's a lot of situations in which I find myself vs a vehicle user, which constantly tries to ram me and when they don't, the use the vehicle to close the distance gap.

If Valzipram negate all damage, that'd be really nice to have.

depends on game, when i surf ALIG i use even kevlar, jacket is cool and saves my life against 90% of perc users

CA is just generally known as strong but its not that perfect.

6 minutes ago, JohnNighthawk said:

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I'm curious about the Valzipram tablets, do they completely negate vehicle damage? There's a lot of situations in which I find myself vs a vehicle user, which constantly tries to ram me and when they don't, the use the vehicle to close the distance gap.

If Valzipram negate all damage, that'd be really nice to have.

Valzipram Tablets makes you really slippery, when a car comes at you at a decent speed, you'll probably be pushed to the side and not die. 
People that use Valzipram Tablets don't die cause of vehicles, it's not as useful as it used to be, especially with these pesky remote detonator people who don't care if they run you over or not. They just want to press that one button to make their car go boom. 
I'm one of those pesky people, apologies in advance.

Edited by Spherii

5 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Valzipram Tablets makes you really slippery, when a car comes at you at a decent speed, you'll probably be pushed to the side and not die. 
People that use Valzipram Tablets don't die cause of vehicles, it's not as useful as it used to be, especially with these pesky remote detonator people who don't care if they run you over or not. They just want to press that one button to make their car go boom. 
I'm one of those pesky people, apologies in advance.

Oof, ouch, okay thanks.

Flak Jacket + Med Spray is also a thing if u want to discourage enemy nade spam, but you'll need a lot of med spray probably

I typically use clotting agent 3 and valzipram tablets if I have it unlocked. If I don't have 195 mods, then just clotting agent 3. No happy landings because I like to jump from certain heights without the falling animation.

Happy Landings is a meta?

Thought everyone runs car surfer.

Happy Landings, especially 3, forces you into an animation if you jump down a curb already. I'd rather lose some HP and continue running.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nite said:

Flak Jacket + Med Spray is also a thing if u want to discourage enemy nade spam, but you'll need a lot of med spray probably

This i like very much but yes, med spry running empty pretty fast

34 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Happy Landings is a meta?

Thought everyone runs car surfer.

Happy Landings, especially 3, forces you into an animation if you jump down a curb already. I'd rather lose some HP and continue running.

/thread

Clotting Agent II is better than Clotting Agent III.

Don't let anyone tell you different.

For myself, I roll Flak Jacket all the time. I hardly ever use anything else. Flak Jacket saves lives. It's a proven fact.

To be fair, the main reason to use FJ is when you're dealing with people who use Percs. They used to be all the rage back in the day. Everyone rolled with Percs. It's why I started using FJ in the first place. I got real tired of the "I'm going to spam my OCA at you and waste half my clip because I can't aim, but I'll make up for it by using my 'OH SHIT' button which releases my Perc grenade, and then you'll die" strategy that people loved to use.

These days, that doesn't seem to be much of an issue. But any time I experiment with other Greens besides FJ, I almost always end up thinking, "Man... I wish I had Flak Jacket on right now." So I go back to it.

For my Blue, I use Hard Landing I think it's called. I don't know why. All it does is let you Goomba Stomp, and I have literally, not one time, managed to do that. I think it might also allow you to fall at an accelerated rate. I don't recall off the top of my head. What I probably SHOULD use is that one that prevents you from being run over. I always forget to check behind me when I ditch a car, and I get run over a lot like that. I also suck at dodging cars for some reason. I should probably use that one. But... I've used Hard Landing so long, it feels weird not having it.

For the Orange, I've recently experimented with Radar Jammer, and I guess it's all right. I like it mostly because I get to show people my symbol. But I don't know how effective it really is. Otherwise, I'm probably using Blow Torch. It's just the greatest thing in the world if you ask me.

For the Consumable, I'm using either the Shield or the Ammo Box. The shield is kind of neat. It's not spectacular AS a shield, but it's pretty good as a barracade on doors and ladders.

Edited by Zascha

I like to use Fragile + Hard Landing for quick flanking maneuvers, or Flak + Landings 2 for general purpose. Not really meta, but it's fun to play around with and suits my playstyle decently.

I alternate between Epinephrine and Medspray depending on which one I've run out of. Field Supplier for orange. That's a pretty useful meta combo. The Medspray really helps me because I don't use CA much, so it's giving me crazy high regen.

Edited by SLICKIEM

I'm using Fragile and Hard Landing

It's a bit harder because you need to remember you have higher chance of hurting yourself while falling but the mobility is totally worth it once you get used.

1 hour ago, Zascha said:

*snip*

I once survived standing on top of a car as it got smushed to death by a pioneer - came out of it with slivers of HP remaining and even the guy driving the pioneer was surprised (I guess he didn't take a good look at my scoreboard loadout). Its just too much hassle to deal with the 8sec regen delay when you intend to CQC.

I'm tempted to try hard landing, but I've gotten decent enough at using "intermediate height spots" to soften my descent, and I don't think I could give up valzipram either at this point so, RIP

1 hour ago, Ellix said:

I'm using Fragile and Hard Landing

It's a bit harder because you need to remember you have higher chance of hurting yourself while falling but the mobility is totally worth it once you get used.

hard landings is pretty underrated tbh, as long as you don’t go leaping off buildings it comes in handy more than one would expect

• Like 1

I always, ALWAYS use ca3 + hard landings. Happy landings is actually super bad especially hl3

Lots of great advice in this thread, but you really need to try the different mods to see what works best for you. Also, dont be afraid to switch up your mods to compliment your weapon / vehicle loadouts, the mission you are currently in, or to counter your opps loadouts. 

Edited by CookiePuss

I used to use Happy Landings 3 but I gotten so used to using Hard Landings... No animation drops is nice but makes me more squishy when comes from large drops though.