Sign in to follow this  
ElTacoBravo

Regarding the Q&A

I got turned salty, when 2 minutes before gettin out of "potentially naughty -box" (needing to have followed at least 20 min to say something in the chat) i was shoved into another naughty box (needing to have followed 45 min to say something in the chat).

At the moment i feel just toxic. Inside and outside.

Edited by Chinook

I think SOME streamers did a good job showing the beta poking around (i.e. the more veteran ones that have a long history with the game or a ton of game-sense), and gathering up questions during the stream and show off aspects of the "upgrade"; however, the Q&A was generally a mess in terms of organization and showmanship. There were good questions but the background content that was actually telling a different story (i.e. the new look of customization editors for character and vehicles highlighting the low-poly garbage). In addition, there were also a lot of repeat questions that people asked time and time again for the upgrade rather than ones that tie into what the beta showed. The facilitation of questions related to the beta showcase was poorly managed.

Notable things that were answered:

1. When the rest of players getting it? Progressive rollout of the upgrade (Social, Asylum, etc.)
  2. What will be changed/Will there be UI changes? Lot of elements are the same and ported over, want to make sure that players can play rather than introduce a lot of changes, new features, or systematic overhauls.
  3. What major performance issues are out there? SSAO flickering; UI is a huge factor into FPS issues.

Outside of that, I just feel dirty after watching all that. I wouldn't call it a beta and I think live looks better in some aspects... Matt did share a lot of the progress the team has done with the engine but that showcase and Q&A didn't really help show that.

I do want to see a resurgence of this game but the approach can be better.

Edited by tennogrineer
  • Like 3

TL;DR from the Q&A:

- New Engine will probably be fully released sometime before mid summer, stutter is fixed, much nicer performance

- Social Districts will be merged on PC and consoles, including marketplace

- Car physics will be improved

- JT Store will physically be changed

- New contacts and EMP grenade will be added on the engine release

- The old new car will be added

- Also Matt uses no beard care products

Might have missed some stuff

Edited by -Dan-
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I personally feel like the SKay guy wasnt a very good host. Felt weird that they had someone that wasn't in house from their team to host it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

I wouldn't call it a beta and I think live looks better in some aspects... Matt did share a lot of the progress the team has done with the engine but that showcase and Q&A didn't really help show that.

In my dark and miserable brain, it kinda turned into closed alpha when it comes to being able to choose how and what aspects of it to play etc.

Couldn't really watch anyway since the high res and ginormous bitrate upload was killing my poor german connection.

Was buffering nonstop and as a non-partnered channel there is no manual quality selection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proxie said:

I personally feel like the SKay guy wasnt a very good host. Felt weird that they had someone that wasn't in house from their team to host it.

Dont like you at all you coomer, but true.. it was a bit weird

Not that I dislike Skay, he seems to be a nice guy

Edited by Shui
editforskay

On 4/17/2020 at 10:35 PM, -Dan- said:

- New Engine will probably be fully released sometime before mid summer, stutter is fixed, much nicer performance

Yea he said "release in weeks and not months" I guess not gonna be next month so probably this summer(june,july..) Thats awesome

edit:Skay was nice but Kempington was better with the questions from the community

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

This is the most useful thing I absolutely wanted to know! 😆

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Yea he said "release in weeks tm and not months tm" I guess not gonna be next month so probably this summer(june,july..) Thats awesome

edit:Skay was nice but Kempington was better with the questions from the community

2 hours ago, Shui said:

Dont like you at all you coomer, but true.. it was a bit weird

Not that I dislike Skay, he seems to be a nice guy

That's pretty fair feedback. Unfortunately I just lost my trail of thought halfway through, and given my stress levels it bore down on me. If I do another Q&A/Stream, it will definitely be better rehearsed.

Unfortunately making small mistakes throughout threw me off, I was essentially a walking anger bag (at myself) at the end. I just could not think.

It will be better. I will be better. That's the least I can do to give back to the community.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -Dan- said:

TL;DR from the Q&A:

Those who ordered that pack with the growl which was supposed to get that new car, will we get that car or have to buy it "again"? (I think it came in a pack right?)

51 minutes ago, SKay said:

That's pretty fair feedback. Unfortunately I just lost my trail of thought halfway through, and given my stress levels it bore down on me. If I do another Q&A/Stream, it will definitely be better rehearsed.

Unfortunately making small mistakes throughout threw me off, I was essentially a walking anger bag (at myself) at the end. I just could not think.

It will be better. I will be better. That's the least I can do to give back to the community.

Nothing wrong with what you did today, people have opinions and it's all good. You could come back all slick then people think you aren't genuine. If you want to get better just do it for you. X

Oh and happy birthday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hypothesis said:

it is gonna be 32 bit/64 bit ?

If you need to ask this, you know you'll be screwed.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Those who ordered that pack with the growl which was supposed to get that new car, will we get that car or have to buy it "again"? (I think it came in a pack right?)

i don't think the "mirage" was ever intended to be in the apocalypse bundle

I dunno it was pretty good, look, most Q&A's are like that 😆. (Especially if you live on the forums.)

3 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

it is gonna be 32 bit/64 bit ?

64 bit.

I was a bit underwhelmed with the Q&A from the session on LO's channel. 

Some questions felt repetitive, like we've already asked them before here on the forums, but I guess not everyone in twitch chat has browsed the forums.

I wish I watched some other streams, I'm intrigued to see what they asked in the Q&A.

It's good that it's happening though, but since we already know it is going to happen, and that there are going to be tons of improvements both on the client and server, I had expected an outlook of a bit further beyond the new contacts.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, -Dan- said:

TL;DR from the Q&A:

Is this legit? before mid summer?...thats unexpectedly early (for me atleast).

@404 At the time G1 had been doing a sort of over time release deal for packs and items. You'd buy the "premium access" or w/e it was called. And you'd get the next few released "sets" which were released over time the next few weeks/months. They had the Revelations, the pack before that, etc as such items. Maybe I'm thinking wrong and it was just the "pack of revelations pass" which they released the pack over time.

What I do know is that there was supposed to be another vehicle added on Armas regardless, and it never was. LO at did acknowledge that at least.

It should have been added like 2-5 years ago or some crap, but never was.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 hours ago, Artorius_ said:

Is this legit? before mid summer?...thats unexpectedly early (for me atleast).

Matt said he'd be very disappointed if it gets released in September, so probably it'll be June-July

• Like 1

Another thing from the stream:theres not gonna be new character physics in 3.5 cause is too complicated and even that upgraded engine cant handle changes like that(somethin similar)Also another thing:CEO said that he will keep an eye on Ellix midtown map.Overall great Q&A

Edited by TheMessiah

Sign in to follow this