quixxius

Engine beta test list

20 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Those people play the game just to be able to match against or with the streamer. Not to actually enjoy the game. How is Sea of Thieves doing now when summit ain't playing? Or I shouldn't ask? 🙂

But ok...big streamer? Did LO contact summit to showcase the engine update? Would have been far better pick than anyone on the list(no offense to you personally, I think you are a nice guy)

I was going to try Sea of Thieves but the windows 10 only put me off, then the game was shambles. A streamer won't make me touch any game if it's garbage.

Popularity goes down when they stop playing but there will be loads of people still playing who otherwise wouldn't be. It might even be properly dead right now.

I think once the engine is actually live and they've joined the servers seemlessly and threat, weapons game modes are sorted or real close then that's a good time to reach out to the big gun streamers to spread the word. It would definitely be a bad time to do that right now. I feel friday is really for current players.

And of course no offense taken. I feel incredibly lucky to be in this list especially as for my entire apb life I've been more of an events person and a bit of a designer. When I held my biggest events I didn't even know what streaming was. I wish I did. Nowadays I just enjoy doing it. But what am I? A streamer? A Youtuber?

A maths teacher lol.

Wait, so how many automatically thought that in a beta test, they'd need to attract absolute 'celebrities' for new audiences? I don't care about streamers as much as I care about content, so I don't see why half the people are shooting blanks in this post

These days people complain about everything... literally.

We're taking to many things for granted and behave like someone always owes us something.

This quarantine made me realize that i was not appreciating certain things, but now.. while in lock down, i kinda miss them.

So basically, perhaps to a much smaller degree, i guess some of us may feel the same when this game will actually be gone and only then we will realize how good it was when LO was still working on it ..and how stupid we were complaining about every minor thing instead of actually enjoying it, even in the state that it is. (which imo is by far! not as bad as many of you makes it look)

Edited by greenfield
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Nev said:

At this point you might as well ask everyone else that have cheated in this game to become a streamer for this. I am not going to waste my time by coming back to the forums when you keep making 1 bad decision after another. What's the point in managing a company when you can't learn from your past mistakes. I really hope the engine update will bring a lot of population but with your management of this game I very much doubt we will see the pop rise to what it was during launch. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the fact that you have done a lot more than g1 but the way you are running the company is very similar to them with the false promises, not keeping with dates,ignoring feedback, getting influenced and putting some players on top compared to others ( which is one of the reasons people didn't believe in G1).  I have been around a while and it's funny to see that you are heading the same direction as previous management instead of learning from their mistakes.

how is this a bad decision? people allied most were accepted. what exactly do you want and/or expect to happen instead?

1 hour ago, greenfield said:

We're taking to many things for granted and behave like someone always owes us something.

This quarantine made me realize that i was not appreciating certain things, but now.. while in lock down, i kinda miss them.

So basically, perhaps to a much smaller degree, i guess some of us may feel the same when this game will actually be gone and only then we will realize how good it was when LO was still working on it ..and how stupid we were complaining about every minor thing instead of actually enjoying it, even in the state that it is. (which imo is by far! not as bad as many of you makes it look)

its why i say this is our home and we should treat it and each other better.

Y'all are really saaaad, like this is gone be a milestone for the apb community and yall wanna cry about who's streaming it???? WHAT'S THE POINT?! NO MATTER WHO'S STREAMING Y'ALL ARE JUST WATCHING!!! THATS LITERALLY ALL YOUR DOING. IS WATCHING. plz plz plz just shut up with all this, its already set in stone bruh... Some made it some didn't. Thats life. Move on 👐

23 hours ago, Nev said:

At this point you might as well ask everyone else that have cheated in this game to become a streamer for this. I am not going to waste my time by coming back to the forums when you keep making 1 bad decision after another. What's the point in managing a company when you can't learn from your past mistakes. I really hope the engine update will bring a lot of population but with your management of this game I very much doubt we will see the pop rise to what it was during launch. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the fact that you have done a lot more than g1 but the way you are running the company is very similar to them with the false promises, not keeping with dates,ignoring feedback, getting influenced and putting some players on top compared to others ( which is one of the reasons people didn't believe in G1).  I have been around a while and it's funny to see that you are heading the same direction as previous management instead of learning from their mistakes.

This this and this! 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:54 AM, Kaori1 said:

Everyones just gonna watch the streamer with the most views anyway. 

Who is it?

22 hours ago, swft said:

APB streamers have such low numbers that they had to give access to people like flaws and other "questionable" streamers. To be honest, they should've just opened the beta to everyone and let anyone stream it instead. APB isn't Valorant, there's not going to be a relevant viewership increase just because of this streamer beta access thing.

Also, good luck to all streamers who're going to stream at the same time as Kempington.

i dont see how flaws is a "controversial figure" or "questionable" nowadays in any way shape or form

The fact that we have a list of streamers to display the open beta is a really good thing. We're all partial to some people, but this streaming event is everybody's gain no matter who (out of the potential pool) is going to be streaming.

Game First this time around. See y'all on Twitch!

I wonder how effective it is to report garbage threads like these as spam.

If you really want to voice your opinion like it matters here, why not use the fucking thread it's meant for?

The more garbage threads like these show up, the less likely LO is (or should be) to follow this garbage forum.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 1:24 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

For clarity, we didn’t invite anyone except the previously approved streamers in our program (which isn’t very large).

From there we announced the streams, and then evaluated everyone who applied. I think one of the names you mentioned contacted us after we posted the list, and the other didnt contact us.

This wasn’t intended to be exclusionary at all. There were very few we had to say ‘no’ to for one reason or another.

Thanks,

Matt

so why did you say yes to the guy that's been banned 20 + times and always using bad configs, bad graphics not showing how truly game looks and only on potato graphics. giving away spots that might have gone to a better streamer? it's not setting a great example is it. 

Given Matt's explanation  in this thread, i kinda understand why they picked a closed group of people they (at least tihink they) know, makes certain amount of sense.

Doesn't however help the fact that others feel more and more left outside.

But that's just my opinion nobody asked for.

😷

I don't have any of the mentioned problems regarding "controversial" streamers or ugly configs that makes the game looks like cardboard...because I don't watch streams. ez

• Like 1

after seeing the UI it feels like the console version of APB 

Copy-and-Paste-on-Facebook-Step-14-Versi

guess that was hard work 
thequestsweat.gif

Edited by Hypothesis

I find it strange how they're still using that awful console font that doesn't even fit at all.

Why is a 24/7 prominent thing so low on the priority list?

5 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I find it strange how they're still using that awful console font that doesn't even fit at all.

Why is a 24/7 prominent thing so low on the priority list?

It's prominent, but in no way significant. 

Lighting and performance are much more important 

Just now, Kevkof said:

It's prominent, but in no way significant. 

Lighting and performance are much more important 

Not too much work to change a font though, it's usually easily done.

And I think it's significant considering how many people like to point it out.

Just now, GhosT said:

Not too much work to change a font though, it's usually easily done.

And I think it's significant considering how many people like to point it out.

It was already confirmed to be changing back ...

With how spaghetti the game is, I honestly don't know how easy that would actually be to change. 

We'll make sure they don't forget when it goes to a next build that's open to more of the public.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:51 AM, greenfield said:

Literally only relevant post in this thread.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, Hypothesis said:

after seeing the UI it feels like the console version of APB

guess that was hard work

Um, No shit?  It has been said many times that it's all the same codebase as the console version.  The goal is to consolidate them so they won't have to be working on two different versions of the game and be able to update them both at the same time without the extra work.  Pay attention to the weekly engine update thread and don't just go off of appearance.  More back end stuff is changing than visual front end stuff.

9 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Um, No shit?  It has been said many times that it's all the same codebase as the console version.  The goal is to consolidate them so they won't have to be working on two different versions of the game and be able to update them both at the same time without the extra work.  Pay attention to the weekly engine update thread and don't just go off of appearance.  More back end stuff is changing than visual front end stuff.

Console version is a failure . So in other words they are trying to patch that failure and call it EU. oh yeah big upgrade from 3 to 3.5. or its just 

giphy-3.gif

13 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

Console version is a failure . So in other words they are trying to patch that failure and call it EU. oh yeah big upgrade from 3 to 3.5. or its just

The consoles have been on a cobbled together version of the engine upgrade since it was launched.  The reason the console version is such a failure is because it's that shitty cobbled together version of the upgrade that G1 had to do for the game to even run on consoles.  The version we saw in last Friday's streams was the newest iteration of the engine upgrade.  If you think about it, it's almost as if things can improve if you work on them!  I see you're trying to undermine the work that LO is doing just because you noticed a similarity to the console version.  That's what you always do.  But just like every other time you've "called out" LO, you're basing it off of assumptions, misinformation and not actually knowing what's going on which really just makes you look like a jackass.  A little research goes a long way.

7 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The consoles have been on a cobbled together version of the engine upgrade since it was launched.  The reason the console version is such a failure is because it's that shitty cobbled together version of the upgrade that G1 had to do for the game to even run on consoles.  The version we saw in last Friday's streams was the newest iteration of the engine upgrade.  If you think about it, it's almost as if things can improve if you work on them!  I see you're trying to undermine the work that LO is doing just because you noticed a similarity to the console version.  That's what you always do.  But just like every other time you've "called out" LO, you're basing it off of assumptions, misinformation and not actually knowing what's going on which really just makes you look like a jackass.  A little research goes a long way.

I can bet on the fact that its POOP , all I see is advertising social district which  is irrelevant  , has LO or anyone tested , posted an actual video of how it performs when on missions? oh yeah Nothing. I wont buy that at all. you can call me Jackass , but when they release that shit and dont live up to the hype come back to this. I was not expecting a patched up G1 material lol. This is patched up G1 material. In other words LO did nothing to change except work on some aspect of performance which I seriously doubt considering the fact that none of the demos shows an actual mission video of performance rather some screenshots of console version UIs lol and of course social LOL.
truthhurts.gif
giphy.gif

Hypothesis. The part that comes before the experiment and the reasoned conclusion. The part where you don't know much.

Alanis Morrissette would love this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

I can bet on the fact that its POOP , all I see is advertising social district which  is irrelevant  , has LO or anyone tested , posted an actual video of how it performs when on missions? oh yeah Nothing. I wont buy that at all. you can call me Jackass , but when they release that shit and dont live up to the hype come back to this. I was not expecting a patched up G1 material lol. This is patched up G1 material. In other words LO did nothing to change except work on some aspect of performance which I seriously doubt considering the fact that none of the demos shows an actual mission video of performance rather some screenshots of console version UIs lol and of course social LOL

Again with the not paying attention to what's going on.  Matt said himself that the reason they showed this off was because they were happy with the performance in social and Asylum and there's more to do for Financial and Waterfront.  Yes they showed off performance in Asylum too, not just Social.  Little Orbit TOOK OVER the engine upgrade, they didn't RESTART the engine upgrade, though they did completely rewrite some of the poor code that G1 put in.  You're acting like you're wanting the engine upgrade to fix all the problems on release, but Matt even said that he just wants to get this out as soon as possible and keep improving on it over time because of all of the benefits the new engine offers over the old one.  The engine upgrade was never intended to be the cure-all for this game, just the starting point where the game can begin to improve.  Really the new engine itself shouldn't even have hype.  The hype should be for what comes after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1