Hansner

Should they nerf the true orge

Should little orbit nerf the true orge?  

98 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should little orbit nerf the true orge?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/18 at 09:15 AM

Just now, CookiePuss said:

0.59 seconds*

more accurate xD

40 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

0.59 seconds*

When they hide at a corner and watch and wait til you reach to start winding up... you can't get far enough 😞

2 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

When they hide at a corner and watch and wait til you reach to start winding up... you can't get far enough 😞

Same thing that makes the Yukon so hateful, its the perfect ambush weapon.

6 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Very true. 

Sprint speed is only 6m/s iirc, so you aint getting far. 

Which is why when facing the Ogre (or Yukon for that matter) on attack missions, ALWAYS prenade corners.

Though even then its still a great defense weapon. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Very true. 

Sprint speed is only 6m/s iirc, so you aint getting far. 

Which is why when facing the Ogre (or Yukon for that matter) on attack missions, ALWAYS prenade corners.

Though even then its still a great defense weapon. 

So that's why I always eat a nade whenever I try to ambush someone? It's like they knew I was there... I always thought maybe they saw something, like my rifle barrel sticking out or some crap like that.

1 hour ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

So that's why I always eat a nade whenever I try to ambush someone? It's like they knew I was there... I always thought maybe they saw something, like my rifle barrel sticking out or some crap like that.

Could be, but on a push where you know the enemy is there (like if their car is outside) always prenade.

Well maybe not ALWAYS, you can also try to get them to think you are coming in one way, then try for another for instance.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Save up and buy one you will see it's not that OP it's just a fun weapon to pull out when you're to tired to aim.

When I see people complain about Ogre, I just assume they have never stepped off a curb and been killed by Strife + gravity. 😮

Nerf the mag size, that's all the nerf it needs imo, a normal Nfas holds 7 and the ogre holds 18...

its just a really really really REALLY annoying low skill gun. That's all.

It practically only works well in Asylum, and even then it's not that good. It's similar to the OPGL in Asylum were it takes nearly 0 thought besides hold M1 and W after spotting someone and catching them by surprise or pushing them.

Mag size COULD be reduced so they can't literally just hold W pushing you for 15 seconds and you die cuz you have no where to go and can't fight cuz it lags you out too much. Idk, I just always seem to have AWFUL hitreg on ogre players when theyre firing the gun. When theyre not firing hitreg seems fine. I blame the gun, but then again, who knows what it could be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fur said:

its just a really really really REALLY annoying low skill gun. That's all.

It practically only works well in Asylum, and even then it's not that good. It's similar to the OPGL in Asylum were it takes nearly 0 thought besides hold M1 and W after spotting someone and catching them by surprise or pushing them.

Mag size COULD be reduced so they can't literally just hold W pushing you for 15 seconds and you die cuz you have no where to go and can't fight cuz it lags you out too much. Idk, I just always seem to have AWFUL hitreg on ogre players when theyre firing the gun. When theyre not firing hitreg seems fine. I blame the gun, but then again, who knows what it could be.

I think it requires more skill than, let's say, an OCA. 

Some people aren't even capable of getting kills with it while they do with every other gun.

• Like 1

gross this thread is still here

no, ogre is balanced

• Thanks 1

I think that unlike the Yukon, the Ogre is not overpowered, but just poorly designed and anti-fun because of how it makes aiming almost irrelevant and fights are basically decided before the shooting begins.

Thus, a "nerf" as in a straight downgrade is not necessary since it would risk putting it back into a similar position of uselessness where it was when its fire rate matched the regular NFAS's. 

However, the wind-up to firerate proportion could be adjusted to make the weapon less situational and at the same time also less annoying to face. Changing the fire interval to 0.25 and the wind up time to 0.49 would accomplish this for example. 

That said, the one situation where the weapon excels is at taking down speedhackers, and pretty much the only situation where it doesn't feel cheesy or unsatisfying to use in my opinion.

Edited by Lyfeld