Sign in to follow this  
ColorBauss

Make the new "Joker c9s EX-III JT2 PR1" a whisper

Considering the hefty cost of 8500JT, I was disappointed to find that it is indeed a regular oca and not a whisper. Sure, the description says it is but well, I had my hopes up.

Right now the SMG silencer is a negative compared to the regular oca, as it takes out the red mod slot. There is a "cool factor" but that's about it.

TLDR: I think at 8500JT cost the new oca reskin might as well be a whisper.

EDIT: I think some people might have misunderstood me. I don't want the skin itself to change, but the stats. The "whisper" variants and regular OCA's have different stats. Whispers are more accurate when crouching (0.8 accuracy modifier while crouching vs no difference while crouching on regular oca) and have 50m dropoff range compared to 30m (at least used to, and apbdb.com still suggests it does) so in the case of whisper, the silencer is worth it. This reskin that I'm talking about has the stats of a regular oca, which means the only thing the silencer does is reduce recoil slightly. 

Edited by ColorBauss

silenced oca is silenced oca, whisper is whisper
if you want whisper reskin search for PDW Kris on marketplace, bear in mind you won't be able to put in CJ3 anyways.
(at least the apbdb says so with the range and crouch modifier)
gotta love the fact you read about it being regular yet went for it anyways AND feeling let down.

*gun description says OCA-SD*

*buys gun and realizes it's not Whisper*

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jp

Yeah I knew it was a normal oca. I do own the PDW whisper reskin, but I like the new skin more and thought it wouldn't be unreasonable for it to be changed to a whisper. 

This is a forum for suggestions right? I'm not saying it should somehow morally and factually be a whisper, just throwing the idea out there.

here's something controversial
make whisper the same as oca-sd aka remove it's crouch modifier and range buff

1 hour ago, Yeedman said:

here's something controversial
make whisper the same as oca-sd aka remove it's crouch modifier and range buff

I would actually prefer that over the new skin being worse than both normal oca and whisper. At least I wouldn't feel like I'm missing on something when using it then.