MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

I wish someone would still use an ancient FX CPU's. 😂

I'm currently using an FX-8350, i'm trying to OC it to 5 GHZ or close with a better cooler.

2 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

I wish someone would still use an ancient FX CPU's. 😂

I'm currently using an FX-8350, i'm trying to OC it to 5 GHZ or close with a better cooler.

Get on my level, I have a stock A8 6600k

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

i think witchqueen is on ryzen

Indeed I was.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:10 PM, Yeedman said:

im sorry, who the fuck cares about that? i believe this shit is for the community

viewers are not all from apb game and forums. this was already said. some are waiting for news from the streams.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:14 PM, CookiePuss said:

That's great, but what community is it for if no one is watching?

I uh... I don't think I can simplify it any more.

CookiePuss is right.

streamers who have enough viewers may attract but if no one is watching then it doesn't benefit or do you think you can divide from zero.

don't even try dividing from zero we don't want the universe to end.

Why did you delete the Twitch Vod?
Where can I rewatch it?

@MattScott

• Like 1

Hey Shui! The VOD will be up shortly. We are just cleaning it up and getting ready to highlight it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Shini is my new waifu whether he likes it or not.

And yes nice beard mister M.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

We are just removing the Discord screen leak and getting ready to highlight it.

There, fixed that for you! 😄

3 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

yeah its definitely the discord leak they're getting rid of 100%

What discord leak?
What happened? 😄

can you re-model the original weapons? needs a reskin in the engine update.

A lot of people had doubts.

But LO finally pulled it off.

Good job team.

201603_2341_ieghb_sm.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

A lot of people had doubts.

But LO finally pulled it off.

Good job team.

201603_2341_ieghb_sm.jpg

Only took 6yrs

8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Only took 6yrs

You says that like LO had the game for 6 years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

3 hours ago, 404 said:

yeah its definitely the discord leak they're getting rid of 100%

3 hours ago, Shui said:

What discord leak?
What happened? 😄

Skay's discord appeared on screen for a few seconds.

I was screen recording I'll have to make sure I don't leak it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

I was screen recording

pervertu alarmu!?! ☺️

Edited by Jazeker

10 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Psh... Phenom II 1100T 

3 hours ago, Jazeker said:

pervertu alarmu!?! ☺️

I wish. It would mean I'm psychic too. Lottery tickets baby!

For the news man! 😂

Edit: smiley face added to show I'm not upset.

Edited by WitchQueen

Impressing, but i will leave more words about it when i will be able to test it on my own setup.

Excellent work LO, wasn't expecting that much to be honest but i was wrong.

16 hours ago, -Dan- said:

There's no much difference in performance, i have more cores.

3 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

There's no much difference in performance, i have more cores.

Same performance per core, but you have double the amount

The game still looks best at night time no matter what changes are made ( I am aware daytime is not finished and isn't completely correct ) but it is so much better than the current game ❤️ 

Hmmm, The graphics at the beta testing yesterday looked really good, will the graphics still improve even more? When will public beta be released? When the beta is over and the engine update be official, will they terminate the beta game launcher and make everyone use the main game launcher or not?

Keeping in mind that this is still just a beta, I am happy to report that the stutters seem to be gone completely at least from my experience with the client. Asylum has always been one of the two most demanding and problematic districts in APB (right next to Waterfront) and I am impressed with how it performs on the new engine at Ultra while looking way better than Live Asylum. Load times have been reduced greatly which is good news as APB's load times have always been one of it's issues. It takes no longer than 2-4 seconds for the game to start after the splash screen (at least on my setup). Navigating UI elements such as the inventory seems to be quicker and doesn't cause as many stutters as they do on Live.

Regarding fps the beta still leaves us wanting more albeit being improved over Live. One of APB's biggest weaknesses has always been many players in one spot all at once (*cough* gungame *cough*) and a full Asylum is one of the best benchmarks for that. As a matter of fact I believe that that is the benchmark that they should use mainly. Achieving very high fps even in those situations is one of the key things that people will look at when this goes to Live and that's one of the things that would impress the most so it must be one of the top priorities.

Something important to keep in mind is that the APB UI is scuffed and it really drags performance down overall, especially when there are many UI elements on screen (such as many team mate markers) which you will inevitably get in Fight Club. Me and others have noticed that the difference in fps between UI on/off is much much more prominent in the 2.1 Beta than it is on Live. I was getting increases of 30fps by just turning UI off. When it comes to the UI I believe that it needs a rework, if not with the release then with a future update past that. It needs to be more modern, more lightweight, more sleek and not half as intrusive as it is now. It shouldn't take so much from the performance and it needs to be less in-your-face. For example, RIOT mode's UI was an amazing example of how not to do UI. Colorblind modes are an essential for any video game on the market in 2020. Being able to customize your crosshair is also essential for any shooter that wants to be any type of competitive (as we've seen recently with Valorant's crosshair system which is amazing and probably the best on the market currently). You can't change anything about the current crosshair and that renders the game unplayable for some colorblind people which is one of the reasons players seek crosshair overlays or shader dots etc.

As the ones of you who've watched the streams have seen there were some bugs, both graphical glitches when you play around with the video settings and also audio issues but those are just beta bugs that will be squished in the future so I am not worried about that. The way I see it, it's only going to get better from here and it looks promising imo. The fonts that came from console must be changed out, preferrably to the same/identical font as we have on Live but just an HQ version without all the buggy weird lines that you can see when you run 1920x1080 and increase interface size to max on Live. Shotgun crosshairs need to be changed back to normal. Some textures will need replacing with higher quality ones in the future as well as there are some that look HQ but then some look low and out of place. Some objects have too few polygons and look very dated while other objects look just fine so some models need an upgrade to along with that. A lot of weapons, especially the earlier ones have very dated models and need an upgrade to be in line with the newest ones (if not better). But these are just things that will likely come along after a successful release of the engine, if they ever do.

(I may add more later.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with what LO was able to display on the stream. Finally we get some actual gameplay footage of how the new engine works and runs. I'm not as excited as I was all those years ago, but I'm still interested.

For the short Q&A, did Matt answer any of the questions about releasing those 'locked' names? I didn't catch it if he did.

• Like 2