MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

15 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

But then he'd get sniped back to never looking at apb again

Then why did you suggest it? 🤨

18 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Then why did you suggest it? 🤨

He couldn't get griefed in the closed test environment.

I think if they introduce the phasing that puts people in districts with only people doing missions he may be able to play again. But him doing missions in districts where anyone can freely join... just not gonna happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rooq said:

inb4 social district boycott.

It'll be fun to see them all play the same on new engine.

LOL

1 hour ago, WitchQueen said:

He couldn't get griefed in the closed test environment.

I think if they introduce the phasing that puts people in districts with only people doing missions he may be able to play again. But him doing missions in districts where anyone can freely join... just not gonna happen.

Good point, somehow totally forgot about it being a closed environment. 🙃

• Like 1

Lmao...some people on the list. Like 50% of them never heard of, and 1 of them doesn't play the game , just run her mouth all day on APB Discord. What exactly is her purpose on the list? Not to mention some of the names have a dubious "reputation" to say the least. But I know..we don't discuss bans that were handled under the previous management!  Good luck with your "beta"..which essentially is like a window shopping for us.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Lmao...some people on the list. Like 50% of them never heard of, and 1 of them doesn't play the game , just run her mouth all day on APB Discord. What exactly is her purpose on the list? Not to mention some of the names have a dubious "reputation" to say the least. But I know..we don't discuss bans that were handled under the previous management!  Good luck with your "beta"..which essentially is like a window shopping for us.

There's a lot of poor PR moves by LO lately, mostly because they've only been getting a certain view from a certain person that has a lot of questionable friends. (Mods that got FF'ed?)
But at this point they've chosen the direction for APB and who they listen to, so it's not even useful anymore pointing out that there should be a difference between "controversial picks" and downright picking dudes that've been banned multiple times and did their best to wreck the game before they suddenly did a 180" and now we all have to "shh shhh" leave them alone and not bring up their past, because LO forgave them on our part, unknowingly and uncaringly of how long and persistently some of those names was shi**ing on the game and players.
Should have been a miniscule amount of investigation that it's not a false ban when someone was re-creating accounts many times, knowing it would take FF another few months to catch up with the analytics ban method. 

Oh no, here comes the down-vote army, but let's be real, these forums don't represent the active community and hasn't since years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

*Engine Upgrade is finally a tangible thing after 6 (?) years*

APB Community: "WAAAAH! I don't like the streamers!!!"

Worst part is I'm not surprised.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, MrChan said:

*Engine Upgrade is finally a tangible thing after 6 (?) years*

APB Community: "WAAAAH! I don't like the streamers!!!"

Worst part is I'm not surprised.

While I respect people’s right to have and express their opinions, there are certainly examples of ‘perspective’ and ‘the bigger picture’ being blurred by personal agendas.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigrix said:

There's a lot of poor PR moves by LO lately, mostly because they've only been getting a certain view from a certain person that has a lot of questionable friends. (Mods that got FF'ed?)
But at this point they've chosen the direction for APB and who they listen to, so it's not even useful anymore pointing out that there should be a difference between "controversial picks" and downright picking dudes that've been banned multiple times and did their best to wreck the game before they suddenly did a 180" and now we all have to "shh shhh" leave them alone and not bring up their past, because LO forgave them on our part, unknowingly and uncaringly of how long and persistently some of those names was shi**ing on the game and players.
Should have been a miniscule amount of investigation that it's not a false ban when someone was re-creating accounts many times, knowing it would take FF another few months to catch up with the analytics ban method. 

Oh no, here comes the down-vote army, but let's be real, these forums don't represent the active community and hasn't since years.

Oh i remember you.. You used to be a useless GM that when people asked for help you instead Mute them, you shouldnt talk i dont know why you still in this forum. 

32 minutes ago, BilalGG said:

Oh i remember you.. You used to be a useless GM that when people asked for help you instead Mute them, you shouldnt talk i dont know why you still in this forum. 

He was never a GM bud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

He was never a GM bud

He was , Bud You havent played the game for that long then .

when can we see public access to the beta

2 hours ago, BilalGG said:

He was , Bud You havent played the game for that long then .

On 5/30/2018 at 4:31 PM, Tigrix said:

A long time ago in a galaxy blah blah....I used to run a F2P game that had similar number of online players as APB in better days, over a thousand often with a peak of 2500.

We started out only myself and 1 other admin, so we quickly realized we would need help and fast.
We had email support similar as LO and ontop of that we had an in-game query system similar to those familiar with world of warcraft, where you petitioned to talk with staff and
a GM would respond your queries and have a 1on1 chat about your problem. The game ran for almost 10 years, solely based on a F2P model, while being maintained by donations alone,
in which you could only get in-game cosmetics in return. All our staff was volunteer, including programmers, website admin, moderators etc etc and all recruited from the player-base,
by two students, with no prior experience in recruitment or let alone how to run a game server with thousands of people relying on you keeping their things safe and servers up.

You're so dense, it's not even funny, seek help.

Edited by gamergoggles

18 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Should have asked summit

i thik now asking summit was also a good try as this was only 1 hour that he could test out the game and give his idea about it. and get maybe the gaming community of apb in a better light. everything is closed off and such so its a good enviroment for him to show the game at its best.

what i stil wonder is what are those people going to talk about. its probebly all the same but i m just intrested in watching a newer player checking out the game and comapring it whit what he feels at this moment about the game being updated

18 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i thik now asking summit was also a good try as this was only 1 hour that he could test out the game and give his idea about it. and get maybe the gaming community of apb in a better light. everything is closed off and such so its a good enviroment for him to show the game at its best.

what i stil wonder is what are those people going to talk about. its probebly all the same but i m just intrested in watching a newer player checking out the game and comapring it whit what he feels at this moment about the game being updated

I only used my Twitch account to enter some giveaways, I'm more interested in Matt's q&a, well, the tl;dr of it

Edited by -Dan-

1 hour ago, TzickyT said:

Summit is playing nothing but Valorant right now and his stream is currently at its peak in terms of viewer and subcount, it would be great for him to show off 2.1 and he has shown interest for the game after 2.1 releases however Summit will pursue his new main game which is Valorant for now which only makes sense considering his immense growth in the recent week.

maybe we need to do another promotion date for it than when the server comes out

why the f*** you are giving this stream to cheater? Do you guys even check to whome are you giving this opportuniny?

10 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

start in 2 hours?(since i post)

In a bit less than one hour (56 minutes) from posting.

~@mayii

wernt streamers susposed to play this on high settings? why is ntec on the lowest settings

17 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

wernt streamers susposed to play this on high settings?

i don't remember that being a requirement, where did you see this?

4 minutes ago, 404 said:

i don't remember that being a requirement, where did you see this?

i heard a few streamers say it when their chat told them to go to low "we arnt susposed to be playing this low....." so i donno

he is back on high now tho so i guess he was just testing it? or showing it off for his chat

Edited by ShaiShai

15 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Every beta streamer has Intel CPU?

i think witchqueen is on ryzen