MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That's great, but what community is it for if no one is watching?

better to have 10 viewers with active chatters than 1000 with active chatters in my opinion

Edited by Yeedman

1 minute ago, Yeedman said:

better to have 10 viewers with active chatters than 1000 with active chatters in my opinion

If 10 people are watching, then someone is watching.

6 minutes ago, Machine659 said:

Which streamers would test the new engine

Kempington is sure, he said that on one of his tweets, other i don't know but i think they will get linked into this topic or into a thread posted by Matt sometime this week, or Sakebee.

The progress of the engine upgrade is amazing!!! Just a general question. Will APB be upgraded to UE4 some day?

Wouldn't it not make more sense to upgrade to UE4 instead of 3.5? Or is it easier to upgrade to 3.5 first and then to a later version?

This is no criticism, just a question. I have no experience with game engines. 🙂 

5 hours ago, RaikeN said:

The progress of the engine upgrade is amazing!!! Just a general question. Will APB be upgraded to UE4 some day?

Wouldn't it not make more sense to upgrade to UE4 instead of 3.5? Or is it easier to upgrade to 3.5 first and then to a later version?

This is no criticism, just a question. I have no experience with game engines. 🙂 

A team in Australia had worked on it for little bit. (Then later the project was paused and IP was sold)

It would take much more effort to export the game to Unreal 4 then Unreal 3.5 as the code used is not in the same language and much of functions of the engine are different.

They're not saying it's not gonna be done at some point though.. Just further in the future maybe

I'll make some popcorn.

🍿 🍿 🍿 

Edited by LilPurple

On 4/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, MattScott said:

This was a bit difficult to manage, because many of these are controversial figures in the community, but I didn't want to get into the politics of approving or denying streamers. The idea behind this is to allow the community to take a good look at the game with your favorite streamer. You can choose to watch any of these, so let's not flame this thread with criticism. This is a big milestone for the game. Let's enjoy it!

i mean, there are more qualifed streamers in my opinion. i get why 90% of these people are here, but in general i just think these are some bad picks

Edited by Boxo
  • Like 1

I vote pound for the social district testing tyty!

Edited by sciaN
  • Like 6

I don't watch any streams from APB, so I don't have much time to choose Streamer. 😄

@MattScott got a question regarding engine update open beta:

I don't know if this has been answered already (or even questioned), but will we be able to play with our current characters and all our stuff, or will it be like the usual OTW where you log in with your account, but you have to create new characters for testing...

because it just feels wrong not using your own character, loadouts and designs...

Tfw not big enough to get invited pepehands

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, MattScott said:

This was a bit difficult to manage, because many of these are controversial figures in the community, ...

Well thats a diplomatic word to describe them. If you only knew their beginnings in the community....

Alas lets see the beta upgrade 🥳

3 minutes ago, gamergoggles said:

Throwing me back to the good ol' times 

There are more of them "legit" ones on the list from good ol' times nowadays "respected" veterans to newcomers.  Should i say, controversial ones 😇 *cough*

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina
  • Like 1

Can hardly believe this.  Not really because some of the names mentioned but because of the engine update making it into streams.

This is nuts! 🥳 Unbelievable. 2020.

Yall crying about who's streaming... Like really? come on just pick someone and just watch bruh. Not that hard 😊

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, sciaN said:

I vote pound for the social district testing tyty!

inb4 social district boycott.

5 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

There are more of them "legit" ones on the list from good ol' times nowadays "respected" veterans to newcomers.  Should i say, controversial ones 😇 *cough*

It'll be fun to see them all play the same on new engine.

Should have asked summit

3 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Should have asked summit

I'd rather wait until the full engine upgrade is polished and released before Summit shows interest in APB again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

I'd rather wait until the full engine upgrade is polished and released before Summit shows interest in APB again.

But then he'd get sniped back to never looking at apb again

• Like 1