MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

35 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Let's hope RTX/16xx Super series Crashes are a thing of the past, that really stopped by friends from playing APB

+1

1 minute ago, Latsha said:

I mean sure, call them lazy but they would be even dumber not to use previously unused assets which are fully (or partially) developed.

They are not lazy, is the right way to go (from my point of view at least).

If those unused / never released things will never be used they won't leave them inside the game files, but instead make the game size lighter.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, MattScott said:

I am interested in participating and broadcasting the Beta!

5 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Why removing the 16th rank of the roles?

Maybe this is one of the reason some players still play, to complete all achivements.

Agree u have point in most things but weapon rank 16 is absurd.To complete 15 i think u need 10k kills.To complete 16 is plus another 10k kills.Also blocks u to unlock the 3 slots and the chrome skin for that class of weapons and this are the 3 main classes(which have rank 16)sub. machines/shotguns,assault rifles and snipers.I play this game more than 8 years and i have only assault rif. rank 15 completed(o dou have unlock the 3 slots ntec cause im above rank 195)I remember i was playn mostly with my star love gun for the period autumn 2011 till summer 2012 then i complete 15.Im average player-not horrible but not super good.To unlock this 3 main types of weapon series u need eternity so u can use this 3 slots.

For those people whos gonna say "game is not p2w" - really?How is not when player who decide to buy weapon with 3 slots from the start - always will be in better position than a player which grinds forever that weapon and have only 1 or 2 slots unlock.The buyer have gameplay advantage is not just like buyn cosmetics which not gonna affect gameplay.Yea you can also buy 3 slot weapon with JT but is 10k each.Not gonna be very fast.So im sorry but the game is p2w thats just fact like it or not.Thats another story anyway..

Edited by TheMessiah

25 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Agree u have point in most things but weapon rank 16 is absurd.To complete 15 i think u need 10k kills.To complete 16 is plus another 10k kills.Also blocks u to unlock the 3 slots and the chrome skin for that class of weapons and this are the 3 main classes(which have rank 16)sub. machines/shotguns,assault rifles and snipers.I play this game more than 8 years and i have only assault rif. rank 15 completed(o dou have unlock the 3 slots ntec cause im above rank 195)I remember i was playn mostly with my star love gun for the period autumn 2011 till summer 2012 then i complete 15.Im average player-not horrible but not super good.To unlock this 3 main types of weapon series u need eternity so u can use this 3 slots.

For those people whos gonna say "game is not p2w" - really?How is not when player who decide to buy weapon with 3 slots from the start - always will be in better position than a player which grinds forever that weapon and have only 1 or 2 slots unlock.The buyer have gameplay advantage is not just like buyn cosmetics which not gonna affect gameplay.Yea you can also buy 3 slot weapon with JT but is 10k each.Not gonna be very fast.So im sorry but the game is p2w thats just fact like it or not.Thats another story anyway..

i've played for 8 years, took plenty of breaks, and have all roles on my enf max (6/5/15/16 cop, explosives, pistol, etc) except for marksman, sniper, and lmg, which i'm leveling simultaneously and are at 15. Getting to rank 15 for the 3 slots isn't too bad to do, but it does take a bit of time. I get that "endgame" 3 slots are considered everything, however, most weapons you really only need 2 slots, which is R10, and much much easier to attain. The most useful mods on weapons tend to be 2 slots, then the third is generally ammo or 3ps/mob sling depending on weapon aka utility.

As such people tend to focus on 3 slots a bit way too much when often the 3rd slot only gives utility, while the first two gives functionality. 2 slots should be what people should expect to attain fairly easily, while providing the best functionality of a weapon without a lot of grinding.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

16 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Agree u have point in most things but weapon rank 16 is absurd.To complete till 15 i think u need 10k kills.To complete 16 is plus another 10k kills.Also blocks u to unlock the 3 slots and the chrome skin for that class of weapons and this are the 3 main classes(which have rank 16)sub. machines/shotguns,assault rifles and snipers.I play this game more than 8 years and i have only assault rif. rank 15 completed(o dou have unlock the 3 slots ntec cause im above rank 195)I remember i was playn mostly with my star love gun for the period autumn 2011 till summer 2012 then i complete 15.Im average player-not horrible but not super good.To unlock this 3 main types of weapon series u need eternity so u can use this 3 slots.

For those people whos gonna say "game is not p2w" - really?How is not when player who decide to buy weapon with 3 slots from the start - always will be in better position than a player which grinds forever that weapon and have 1 or 2 slots on it only unlock.The buyer have gameplay advantage is not just like buyn cosmetics which not gonna affect gameplay.You can buy 3 slot weapon with JT but is 10k each.Not gonna be very fast.So im sorry but the game is p2w thats just fact like it or not.Thats another story anyway..

Any game is made to be grindy, if you make a game too easy players will finish it in couple days and after that? You need always to update/add new content insdie or they will start to leave and before or after it will die, faster than you think. 

I have all roles complete on some characters and im playign since 2009, i think it depends from person to person.

This game isn't pay to win my friend, im sorry to say that.

There are couple aspects that Could and should be adjusted, agree with that, but hey, you can start your adventure and complete it with only the standard guns, STAR 556, FW and Frag Granades.

You can buy whatever you want, but if you don't know how to use it is not useful, you jsut wasted money, that's why is not pay to win, pay to win means anyone that buy anything, will win, that's not the case in APB, at all, you need skills, knowledge of the gun itself, you need to learn how to use it.

58 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

APB is not P2W.  You don't need 3 mod slots to do well.  Remember that modifcations are Sidegrades, not Upgrades.  There are plenty of preset guns you can earn from progressing pretty early on that aren't bad at all. 

• Like 1

All I see is favouritism and the same old shit with this company. I hope the engine update is gonna be all that it's hyped up to be or else I don't really see a future for this game. I don't see the point in favouring streamers who don't bring any new players to APB as a way to show 2.1.  95% of streamers don't even push above 100 viewers which is pretty much nothing. I'l rather we all get an opportunity to test the game whenever it's ready than watch streamers test out their systems. I personally think it would've been better for the dev team to stream and for us to be able to ask questions to the dev team than having to get these streamers to gather the question for us.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Nev said:

All I see is favouritism and the same old shit with this company. I hope the engine update is gonna be all that it's hyped up to be or else I don't really see a future for this game. I don't see the point in favouring streamers who don't bring any new players to APB as a way to show 2.1.  95% of streamers don't even push above 100 viewers which is pretty much nothing. I'l rather we all get an opportunity to test the game whenever it's ready than watch streamers test out their systems. I personally think it would've been better for the dev team to stream and for us to be able to ask questions to the dev team than having to get these streamers to gather the question for us.

Maybe they don't see this as some opportunity to advertise to people that don't play APB. Maybe they're actually doing it for the community who have been waiting so long for this. The streamers they choose may not have viewers in the thousands but every single APB streamer interacts with their chats and answers every question because the questions aren't getting lost and scrolling upwards at a ridiculous pace. They have small pockets of the APB community and they're going to get brought together.

There are actually some really big streamers that have streamed APB in the past. Summit is one of the biggest but there are a few more. If every one of those gets a shot on Friday and not the regulars then maybe you'd be on to something with your favouritism comment. But I just see a fun opportunity to bring several smaller communities together to enjoy something that has been in the making (for real) ever since LO bought G1 2 years ago and something we've been waiting maybe 6-7 years for.

And sure they could have just streamed themselves playing but there are a few APB streamers that have bigger followings than the LO twitch channel. Having streamers do it first is a good way to get more traffic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

Maybe they don't see this as some opportunity to advertise to people that don't play APB. Maybe they're actually doing it for the community who have been waiting so long for this. The streamers they choose may not have viewers in the thousands but every single APB streamer interacts with their chats and answers every question because the questions aren't getting lost and scrolling upwards at a ridiculous pace. They have small pockets of the APB community and they're going to get brought together.

There are actually some really big streamers that have streamed APB in the past. Summit is one of the biggest but there are a few more. If every one of those gets a shot on Friday and not the regulars then maybe you'd be on to something with your favouritism comment. But I just see a fun opportunity to bring several smaller communities together to enjoy something that has been in the making (for real) ever since LO bought G1 2 years ago and something we've been waiting maybe 6-7 years for.

And sure they could have just streamed themselves playing but there are a few APB streamers that have bigger followings than the LO twitch channel. Having streamers do it first is a good way to get more traffic.

No offence I don't think there is any active streamer at the moment that has done anything for APB to be considered anything more than any other player that does not stream. The follower count of these streamers won't make a big difference at all. This is such a small community and most people will know about the stream without having to go through these people, not like they have an insane following anyways. Even the current biggest apb twitch streamer "kempington" struggles to get 20 active viewers when he streams other games. In terms of gathering questions APB wouldn't even get more than 500-600 viewers max on their stream nor would any of the streamers currently active, which is an easy number to work with for gathering questions.

There is an reason why the population in this game is on a decline even with the corona outbreak it has not done an amazing job to convince people to come back and play the game. There will always be people up LO's asses supporting them blindly no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for everything they have done for the game and for finally making the engine update a reality but the way they interact with the community is piss poor and there has been a lot of occasions since they have taken over where a few members of the community seem to be favoured and have a influence on the decision making which should never be a thing for any gaming company.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nev said:

No offence...

But on one hand you're saying the streamers are too small and haven't done anything but on the other you're saying they interact with the community in a piss poor way. Friday is all about the community and letting the current APB community know what's going on.

Kemp's stream is the largest regular APB stream. What he pulls in other games is irrelevant. There are people who watch him play APB that get all their APB news via him. They don't come on the forums or follow the Twitter. It's all through Kemp. Therefore he will drive past player traffic to the LO stream (assuming he streams on Friday).

Whenever I release an APB news video there are always people in the comments who had no idea about the news I'm telling, even though it's just a repeat of whats been shared on the forums and apb twitter. I mean if the player base is so low, why do the videos get 1000s of views? Because there are a load of people who used to play or want to play that heard about the state of the game and are waiting in the shadows for the game to improve.

You can't just assume the entire APB community is on this forum and uses Twitter. Even when the game was at it's biggest, it was only a small proportion of players that used the forums. 

There are many sub-communities that make up the APB Player base: Players well known in game, players well known in social, streamer communities, forum communities, facebook page communities, eventer communities and more.

All I see is LO trying to bring them all together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WitchQueen said:

But on one hand you're saying the streamers are too small and haven't done anything but on the other you're saying they interact with the community in a piss poor way. Friday is all about the community and letting the current APB community know what's going on.

Kemp's stream is the largest regular APB stream. What he pulls in other games is irrelevant. There are people who watch him play APB that get all their APB news via him. They don't come on the forums or follow the Twitter. It's all through Kemp. Therefore he will drive past player traffic to the LO stream (assuming he streams on Friday).

Whenever I release an APB news video there are always people in the comments who had no idea about the news I'm telling, even though it's just a repeat of whats been shared on the forums and apb twitter. I mean if the player base is so low, why do the videos get 1000s of views? Because there are a load of people who used to play or want to play that heard about the state of the game and are waiting in the shadows for the game to improve.

You can't just assume the entire APB community is on this forum and uses Twitter. Even when the game was at it's biggest, it was only a small proportion of players that used the forums. 

There are many sub-communities that make up the APB Player base: Players well known in game, players well known in social, streamer communities, forum communities, facebook page communities, eventer communities and more.

All I see is LO trying to bring them all together.

thats good to hear was wondering why u wouldn't be invited to the list

• Thanks 1

I swear If im not invited Matt, Yeah people will bee hating.-

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BilalGG said:

I swear If im not invited Matt, Yeah people will bee hating.-

You certainly have bigger numbers than most streamers.

I assume as long as you aren't a prick you would be considered.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I assume as long as you aren't a prick you would be considered.

That one might be difficult 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Iazer said:

That one might be difficult 🤷‍♀️

Im just guessing but for me, I'd rate "number of viewers" as rather high on the list of requirements, especially if it represents a portion of the player base not wanting to watch the other streams.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Im just guessing but for me, I'd rate "number of viewers" as rather high on the list of requirements, especially if it represents a portion of the player base not wanting to watch the other streams.

Unless one is viewbotting, that is. The usual telltale sign is high viewership numbers and non-existant chat engagement. Think 100 viewers and not a single person saying anything in chat.

Raw numbers can easily be faked. Just saying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Fair enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartinPL said:

Unless one is viewbotting, that is. The usual telltale sign is high viewership numbers and non-existant chat engagement. Think 100 viewers and not a single person saying anything in chat.

the activity of viewers and the amount said doesn't matter. they need people to be able to sell the game and have people intrested in giving the company critical respons that wil help them create the game how the viewer and the gamer  wants it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

I have content! MARK MY WORD! MY NAME NOCOLOR IM BOLDED IRL

2 hours ago, TzickyT said:

the activity of viewers and the amount said doesn't matter. they need people to be able to sell the game and have people intrested in giving the company critical respons that wil help them create the game how the viewer and the gamer  wants it

While I understand your point, what good are your advertising skills if no one is watching?

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

While I understand your point, what good are your advertising skills if no one is watching?

first of all i don't mind getting not much viewers the last year been trying to grow but for 8 years i just streamed for fun. second if i could get a chance in it i would advertise what my vision of the game is and look how it wil develop later. stil for this thing i find that other streamers can stream this game 10times better than i do. even if we get one of the big dogs of the stream community to show the game off for only 1 hour that would already be a great step forward for apb in general.

its true no one cares to watch me becous the only thing i stream is me sucking at the game and mugging NPC's. i know both things are boring to watch and would better be deleted from twitch anyway. so yeah no one is watching me thats obvious. but at least i get some viewers to get me trough it and enjoying what i do. so im happy for it.

3 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Also Martin you been hating since a year now Anyways You are a waste of Enegry to even type towards.... People know me as who i am And actually they find me funny, Otherwise they wouldnt watch my stream. - Shoutout to Taken and shoutout to Poundofflesh

• Like 1

I'll be eagerly watching and hopefully returning because of this.

Thanks.

@CookiePuss

Missed you bud. 😉

Edited by Thaumaturge

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

im sorry, who the fuck cares about that? i believe this shit is for the community

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TzickyT said:

first of all i don't mind getting not much viewers

Oh I didnt mean you.

4 minutes ago, Yeedman said:

im sorry, who the fuck cares about that? i believe this shit is for the community

That's great, but what community is it for if no one is watching?

I uh... I don't think I can simplify it any more.

1 hour ago, Thaumaturge said:

Missed you bud. 😉

Right back at you dude.

• Thanks 1