MattScott

Engine Upgrade - Beta Stream Announcement

This is gonna be good 🙂 Honestly can't wait

Let's all agree though that the work isn't final and there is still stuff to do so take all this as a subject to change

If there will be bugs - it's normal

after the launch i hope PC version will be always on top of developement.

Thats nice.We start with Asylum more than 4 years after this(music starts super loud beware)

Btw hows goin with this lightmaps and indirect lightning?I was expectin more news this week .This things are far from finished or..?

29 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Thats nice.We start with Asylum more than 4 years after this(music starts super loud beware)

Ahah yes I remember when they released that ! 2016, no problems in your life, playing APB all day... Great times ! 😋

I think need invite Russia streamers too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Anyway, are these Character Modifications included inside the 2 new contacts by any chance? @MattScott

c4MCRWq.png - FiyKJZs.png

PS not counting others like Mobile Supply Unit Extended Range and On Move and few unreleasedclothes.

Pretty sure G1 as far back as Revoemag said Air Control was problematic as it allowed players to access areas that they shouldn't be able to. Whilst I'm sure such areas could be patched, I'd rather not see LO waste any development time doing that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Looking forward to APB breaking 100 viewers.

I mean, just watch Kemperson.

lol so nice I said it thrice

Edited by CookiePuss

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

lol so nice I said it thrice

you spelled his name wrong all three times 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Pretty sure G1 as far back as Revoemag said Air Control was problematic as it allowed players to access areas that they shouldn't be able to. Whilst I'm sure such areas could be patched, I'd rather not see LO waste any development time doing that.

Well, before releasing other district they should adjust and fill up the existing ones, so, why not patching those areas instead of wasting time re-creating or do new Character Modifications instead of using alredy existing ones?

Couple examples that LO goes and will go through:

RIOT (Summer Survival Event 2016) - G1

STAR 556 LCR - RTW

NTEC-7 Compact (New Glory) - RTW/ G1

Lynette Casey (contact) - RTW / G1

Lucas Van Rooyen (contact)- RTW / G1

Yo Dawg (contact)- RTW

Bowse (contact) - RTW / G1

Whut (contact) - RTW / G1

Gruff (contact) - RTW / G1

The Mirage (vehicle) - G1 / RTW

Midtown - RTW

Maybe even more unreleased / unannounced things. (EMP Granade, who knows).

What im saying is that LO is trying to release everything got pushed back or never seen the light of the sun, before going to spend time to do new stuff by themselfs.

So the smaller streamers wont ever get a chance in hell to take part in the beta, how about the players that played since rtw like me and have a high end pc.. i know i'm just jealous lol...

But na great news.. 6 months to make this decision when it should of been from the get go. this is why g1 was a disliked  company because they never interacted with streamers or players they left the game to rot. I must admit you guys did more in a month then g1 did in a year and i appreciate that.

Sorry if it comes of  being aggressive - trust me i'm not trying to be, now we know roughly the time frame and not have to keep guessing when or if the engine update is really happening doubting, as every year goes by.. doubting more and more to the point in where the faith at times were not so good. 

I gave up hoping as i always had hope/faith... but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. people  gave up hoping long time ago and went to the dark side as in cheating.. i bet those players regret it. 

APB gamers always  wanted a straight answer and now we have it, it took some time 7 years + to get to this point.. well i say it's better late then never right? you guys are now going in the right direction, i am so excited to see this game getting the love and attention it really deserves, forgive me for my poor grammar.

Edited by Golderlight123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 404 said:

you spelled his name wrong all three times 

I big brain.

• Like 1

Thanks for the extra update/blog matt, very appreciated, can't wait to see what you guys made so far.

• Like 1

Awesome, can't wait to see that! Let's hope all goes well.

APB finally coming out alpha and into beta.... its taken this long but gee golly its worth it... now beta for the next 2 decades before we get EU4 xD

/s

Edited by DiBBz

On 4/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, MattScott said:

It's not really possible for us to run a Beta like this on console. However, it's the same code base, so there has been progress. In the meantime, we are hoping the PC players can help us work out the bugs before we submit to Microsoft and Sony.

Does this mean there will be improvements to the horrible lag experience on PS4 consoles (idk if xbox has the same issues or not)? 🥺

Hello dear Little Orbit, with whom can I talk about the stream on April 17 or what mail can I write a resume for?

3 hours ago, Pepperflep said:

Does this mean there will be improvements to the horrible lag experience on PS4 consoles (idk if xbox has the same issues or not)? 🥺

Yes, check out this, is running on a Test Build of APB on PS4 Dev Kit.

3 hours ago, Pepperflep said:

Those improvements have already been made. We are hoping the PC Beta will help us work out all the bugs first.

Then we can submit to Sony for approval so we can launch the PS4 version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Those improvements have already been made. We are hoping the PC Beta will help us work out all the bugs first.

Then we can submit to Sony for approval so we can launch the PS4 version.

spidey.jpg

• Like 1

Last engine update news are nice but left me with the impression that financial and waterfront are far from finished.Thats 6 more months ez.Even Asylum is not finished which was already in work from G1.Imagine how long till we start testin the big maps and everything to be done.Not this spring and summer thats 4 sure now way.

I think LO must put in action some activities that gonna interest the playerbase right now.Idk how long will last over 1k playerbase even with premium running.Maybe some quality of life changes like increasing the amount of clothing/vehicle decals a bit for non premium users,removing weapon role rank 16..Small stuff like that - everybody gonna like and no need of engine upgrade to be done.Also think something about Riot return or some other mode.Also new game with GM.Not everybody can run the Gun Game well on theyr PC.I know i suggest this already and dont want to be anoyn but my GM game:

Why not event where the GM for example is crim and VIP,crims must defend it and enf=to take him out.Next game the same but GM plays like enforcer.The difference from other VIP missions will be that only the GM will have lifes limit(10 for example)The players which defend the VIP and take down most oposition=biggest prize.Also for the attackers which take most VIP lifes.

This is also a chance players to play kinda different way the VIP mission(which most dont like)

and Riot version:

Also fix this P5/bounty.My idea:

Only when P5 player(enf. for example)is out of mission-can be killed.Players which are in radius lets say 100m around the bounty(same faction enf.)and out of mission-can choose to protect it(like entering minigame)For every defending kill-player gets reward(money i guess)Same gos for oposition(crim)All crims which are not in mission can chase that bounty and also get reward for every killed defender.Also pls remove the old option crims to kill crim bounty without any consequences.Makes no sense

Idk making similar things plus this weekly activities return with rewards-fun times in apb.Right now the game is still boring(at least for me)

Edited by TheMessiah

14 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Last engine update news are nice but left me with the impression that financial and waterfront are far from finished.Thats 6 more months ez.Even Asylum is not finished which was already in work from G1.Imagine how long till we start testin the big maps and everything to be done.Not this spring and summer thats 4 sure now way.

I think LO must put in action some activities that gonna interest the playerbase right now.Idk how long will last over 1k playerbase even with premium running.Maybe some quality of life changes like increasing the amount of clothing/vehicle decals a bit for non premium users,removing weapon role rank 16..Small stuff like that - everybody gonna like and no need of engine upgrade to be done.Also think something about Riot return or some other mode.Also new game with GM.Not everybody can run the Gun Game well on theyr PC.I know i suggest this already and dont want to be anoyn but my GM game:

and Riot version:

Also fix this P5/bounty.My idea:

Idk making similar things plus this weekly activities return with rewards-fun times in apb.Right now the game is still boring(at least for me)

LO was kind enought to let us test the engine upgrade, G1 not even made this, they were just thinking to do all of that without us, or at least how they were working behind the scenes seems like that.

Increasing clothes/guns/vehicles space is not as easy as you think. They need to upgrade also the servers, the districts, to handle this load, like adding more space to the customization, it will be wonderful but of course that means more advanced and heavy characters / vehicles, which means more time to load for the server and for other players.

Actually, if you remove stuff instead of adding it, you just helping the game to die.

Why removing the 16th rank of the roles?

Maybe this is one of the reason some players still play, to complete all achivements.

Isn't small stuff, is complicated and not easy, but isn't small.

Engine Upgrade is needed to add new content without breaking the game after every patch and fix all the issues that cannot be fixed into this actual one, like the memory leak and issues about the newest GPU's and the ones that willcome out in 2020 and ahead.

RIOT alredy made LO to waste so much time and postpone the Engine Upgrade, so, let's leave that failure mode for the future maybe, a reworked version of it? I don't know, i didn't really liked it so much honestly.

Nobody runs Gun Games well on any PC.

APB is not well optimized being 32 bit and so old, if you mix also G1 work that basically f*cked all the codes of course the game will freeze and drop on everyone if you asks to all players to meet in one place.

Let's hope RTX/16xx Super series Crashes are a thing of the past, that really stopped my friends from playing APB since they got their new configs

Edited by Ketog
typos

22 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

What im saying is that LO is trying to release everything got pushed back or never seen the light of the sun, before going to spend time to do new stuff by themselfs.

I mean sure, call them lazy but they would be even dumber not to use previously unused assets which are fully (or partially) developed.