Sign in to follow this  
Boba

Would you like to have weekly activies back in APB?

Would you like to have the weekly activities back in APB?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have those weekly activities that we had in the days of (ehmm..) G1, where you used to do a certain set of objectives and you'd get in return a Joker Tickets/skin/cash/JMBs/etc..? It made me always come back for APB..

• Yes
    • No
    • An alternative. If so, please comment what's that.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

i dont remember what was..

We had like "Get 500 kills in a week" and the rewards were like armas selector items and shit

was pretty fun, especially the weapon class specific kill ones. (get 500 assault rifle kills, etc etc)

Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

We had like "Get 500 kills in a week" and the rewards were like armas selector items and shit

was pretty fun, especially the weapon class specific kill ones. (get 500 assault rifle kills, etc etc)

Dang, someone still remember those events, happy to see that.

9 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Dang, someone still remember those events, happy to see that.

They were pretty fun.

I logged more hours per week during those events than I had at any other time playing.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

They were pretty fun.

I logged more hours per week during those events than I had at any other time playing.

Ohh f*** yeah, they were.

Same goes for me, never had so much fun.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They were pretty fun.

this was like super early open beta?because im from autumn 2011 in game and open beta is from spring 2011 i think..

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

this was like super early open beta?because im from autumn 2011 in game and open beta is from spring 2011 i think..

nah like 2015 or so

Im not good with dates.

Edited by CookiePuss

13 hours ago, Warspite said:

I can't get it, so f*** everybody else. Nice.

no, the company needs to rethink their idea of segregation (at least for NA) before the game dies.  If they can't get that right and instead work on new daily missions, new rewards, new skins, etc, then the game will die before the population picks up.

Keep trainees and bronze players in the Trainee district by default.  Lock silvers out.

Keep the rest of the districts non-segregated so the silvers won't be able to hide and camp bronze players in the bronze districts.  This will increase the population enough to have nearly 2 districts for golds and silvers.

Edited by illgot

10 hours ago, illgot said:

no, the company needs to rethink their idea of segregation (at least for NA) before the game dies.  If they can't get that right and instead work on new daily missions, new rewards, new skins, etc, then the game will die before the population picks up.

Keep trainees and bronze players in the Trainee district by default.  Lock silvers out.

Keep the rest of the districts non-segregated so the silvers won't be able to hide and camp bronze players in the bronze districts.  This will increase the population enough to have nearly 2 districts for golds and silvers.

Game is already "dead" and those of us left cant save it.

We either re-design in order to be a game that people want to play, or we die.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Game is already "dead" and those of us left cant save it.

We either re-design in order to be a game that people want to play, or we die.

do you think instances for racing might help?

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I don't really think you could sell people on APB just for the racing. (just my opinion)

That being said Ive seen some player made race events and they seem to be pretty popular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't really think you could sell people on APB just for the racing. (just my opinion)

That being said Ive seen some player made race events and they seem to be pretty popular.

yeah agreed not just for racing. I'm just thinking of more content but I do not know how much the current pop would like it since it hasn't been vocal lately.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, that event made me earn my permanent Joker CR5 (w/ IR3 & HS3) which is till this day my favorite and most-used weapon.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Considering that the driving experience in APB is not its strongest point by a long shot, I don't think it will. Every time I let one of my friends try out APB, their first or second comment is "hey what the f*** is wrong with cars in this game". 

I honestly believe that the only way of saving APB and Matt Scott not losing a sh*t ton of money is an engine upgrade, fixing game performance, better matchmaking for new & existing players, and a Steam (proper) relaunch of the game. Otherwise it will be just be money spent wrong. LO MUST hear the feedback directly from players instead of focusing on "strategic" thinking like G1 did. Strategic planning can do wonders, but if the game gets back on its knees, otherwise the game engine will be out when the graphics are too outdated for its time (which already is starting to age bad).

Edited by Boba

3 minutes ago, Boba said:

Considering that the driving experience in APB is not its strongest point by a long shot, I don't think it will. Every time I let one of my friends try out APB, their first or second comment is "hey what the f*** is wrong with cars in this game". 

in other threads I have mentioned how it would be ice if cars did not feel like they were sliding on glass and could use a rework.

I was thinking about that being a part of it and should of mentioned that here I guess

On 4/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fortune Runner said:

in other threads I have mentioned how it would be ice if cars did not feel like they were sliding on glass and could use a rework.

I was thinking about that being a part of it and should of mentioned that here I guess

That would be amazing, since the infinite degree of customization makes it a potentially very compelling experience for car lovers. However in that case, we would need reworked mechanics like you said, but also a huge arsenal of cars. Me being someone who loves car games, I love trying and customizing many cars of completely different tastes.

The only good aspect of the vehicles is the collision physics, everything else must be reworked from scratch

On 4/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, CookiePuss said:

Teamkill event or gtfo.

This ruined the downtime we had as a group, killing each other while we waited for opposistion....at least turn on the tk kick system when you are opposed....

7 hours ago, Fruitini said:

This ruined the downtime we had as a group, killing each other while we waited for opposistion....at least turn on the tk kick system when you are opposed....

I did mine between the two fight clubs.

Once kicked from one you'd swap to the other, rinse, repeat.

Spawns were hilarious, just waiting to see who turned green first.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:55 PM, Genobee said:

Been a long while, but I believe part of it was that the guns themselves were outdated. Plus adding in new rewards took a good chunk of time. Assuming we are talking about the original fight club weeklies. Where you'd earn unlocks to lease guns and the likes. Don't believe the systems for it were broken.

It was one of those things where they simply migrated towards a different means of providing content, I think?

I could be horribly mistaken. Been ages since I was involved in any meaningful capacity with anything APB:R. Let alone the last time I really thought about it.

I dont think the guns were outdated it only ran for a few months before they removed them and they were 3 slot weapon leases that people got for free, I agree with the second part. They moved moreso to joker tickets rather than the special weapons. I missed the special weapons as well though. They never specifically said why it was changed, but i know they ended up increasing? Joker ticket rewards and tried to push the joker store moreso after that. I think it went to 300 JT, they then reduced it to 200/250JT once mission districts came in.

I think it would be worth it to add the special weapons on rotation, might get newer players in FC as well to get that 3 slot or special weapon for 10 days or w/e.

Sign in to follow this