MatiasMyles

Any Fallen Earth Players still out there ?

I've noticed Fallen Earth is starting to die down. Not many players at all. I've been through 2 clans, and have been level 55 for a long time now. I remember when I started playing the server was so overpopulated. Now it really isn't. I mean, my clan are always on. But once you hit level 55, upgrade all trade skills, and visit everywhere etc. There really isn't anything to do.

Fallen Earth, was always my favorite game... Sadly... none of the builds I wanted to play, ever worked :/ So I didn't really get to play. Hopefully, a swords Mutant healer, or Witcher style, will exist. Atleast to the point of playable, and still have fun.

23 hours ago, BalidoreX said:

Fallen Earth, was always my favorite game... Sadly... none of the builds I wanted to play, ever worked 😕 So I didn't really get to play. Hopefully, a swords Mutant healer, or Witcher style, will exist. Atleast to the point of playable, and still have fun.

Bro swords healer was decent in heavy armor if you dual wield swords. Not as much dps as guns, but still decent.  Great for farming too because you didnt need ammo

19 hours ago, Coressar said:

Bro swords healer was decent in heavy armor if you dual wield swords. Not as much dps as guns, but still decent.  Great for farming too because you didnt need ammo

I got to lvl 34, and couldn't even lvl, do to the fact, that i couldn't kill basic mobs anymore.

I actually made some pistols, of which i had no skill in, at all, and could then kill the same pulls, with 0 skill.

2 hours ago, BalidoreX said:

I got to lvl 34, and couldn't even lvl, do to the fact, that i couldn't kill basic mobs anymore.

I actually made some pistols, of which i had no skill in, at all, and could then kill the same pulls, with 0 skill.

You gotta have optimized weapons and armor and max endurance and smart pulling. Armor stance is a must and armor aura can be helpful. Also in addition to healing Gamma, First Aid is extremely useful basically turns your Stamina into a second mana pool for healing. Bandages are super cheap and spammable for healing and also give a Health Regen long term buff. Keep that health up and farm all day. I got to 55 but I respecced into rifles just because ranged weapons are convenient. In parties though, melee is really effective because party members can spam heals on you. Benevolence heals double if you cast it on someone vs self cast. Makes it more Gamma efficient. We can level together on the Reboot if you're interested 😉 I'm going rifles though for convenience, but I've soloed the elite mobs melee while leveling. You can still shoot guns in melee and range just opens up your options. But I will always appreciate melee combat

You gotta know the weapon recipes, some weapons that require level 15 will have less dps than a rare recipe that only requires level 12

On 4/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, Reep9898 said:

Well, im one of a few people waiting for it to reopen, soooooooooo ye :] +1

My brudda, why you trying to jack my name :o

Waiting FE too , I payed xbow melee and kicked bosses and masters alone without backup. All you need was decent armor  and calibration. Plus always tried to keep gear level you are. Adding , there was no perfect build , play as you like and not to let suck fun out of it 🙂

Edited by RN86
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, Coressar said:

You gotta have optimized weapons and armor and max endurance and smart pulling. Armor stance is a must and armor aura can be helpful. Also in addition to healing Gamma, First Aid is extremely useful basically turns your Stamina into a second mana pool for healing. Bandages are super cheap and spammable for healing and also give a Health Regen long term buff. Keep that health up and farm all day. I got to 55 but I respecced into rifles just because ranged weapons are convenient. In parties though, melee is really effective because party members can spam heals on you. Benevolence heals double if you cast it on someone vs self cast. Makes it more Gamma efficient. We can level together on the Reboot if you're interested 😉 I'm going rifles though for convenience, but I've soloed the elite mobs melee while leveling. You can still shoot guns in melee and range just opens up your options. But I will always appreciate melee combat

You gotta know the weapon recipes, some weapons that require level 15 will have less dps than a rare recipe that only requires level 12

Well. tbh. All my extra points were in crafting. But still, ud think id be able to lvl. 

I didn't plan, on taking out elites, and droppin grps, i just wanted to play -.-

I crafted all my own stuff, if you do it right, you can craft and have combat stats

Elites have great loot so you can fund your crafting indefinitely with the chips

I miss the old faction system from way back when.  I liked the friction between the different factions and the starting storyline. <snif>

I understand, being a core member, of a game, I really do, im like that about Ultima Online. I feel, if people knew more, they would just play it. and i never want it to change, but i realized, many years ago... if this game stays the same? to one small niche. it will never be popular.
Im saying, this game is great, but sadly... it doesnt appeal, to a large enough crowd, in it's previous form, to ever have a playable population. For this game, to ever be popular, to the point of daily play, and constant, around the clock things to do, and advance... pvp, etc. It's just gonna be a game, most lvl to 34, and leave.

Even as a core member, u gotta realize, it needs more population. I feel, the re-release, will depend on u core members, making it good to all, yet, keeping it's perspective of an overall game. So all can enjoy.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 1:04 AM, BalidoreX said:

I understand, being a core member, of a game, I really do, im like that about Ultima Online. I feel, if people knew more, they would just play it. and i never want it to change, but i realized, many years ago... if this game stays the same? to one small niche. it will never be popular.
Im saying, this game is great, but sadly... it doesnt appeal, to a large enough crowd, in it's previous form, to ever have a playable population. For this game, to ever be popular, to the point of daily play, and constant, around the clock things to do, and advance... pvp, etc. It's just gonna be a game, most lvl to 34, and leave.

Even as a core member, u gotta realize, it needs more population. I feel, the re-release, will depend on u core members, making it good to all, yet, keeping it's perspective of an overall game. So all can enjoy.

I agree. Keeping FE exactly the same but with better eye candy will not entice new players, considering the mass appeal of newer games out there. Reducing the content of FE will not bring in masses of players either. FE was unique and only ever had a small player base. Some will disagree but in comparison to other online games, FEs player base was always small. At its peak only a few thousand compared to hundreds of thousands in other games. It wasn't popular for a reason. It was never a game that gave instant gratification, which many gamers like.

Wish LO luck in finding a balance in keeping the old but introducing the new. Not always easy to do.

Merged.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:03 PM, MatiasMyles said:

I've noticed Fallen Earth is starting to die down. Not many players at all. I've been through 2 clans, and have been level 55 for a long time now. I remember when I started playing the server was so overpopulated. Now it really isn't. I mean, my clan are always on. But once you hit level 55, upgrade all trade skills, and visit everywhere etc. There really isn't anything to do.

Could it be because the game is shutdown and you are only dreaming that you have been online?

What ever psychedelic drug you are using, could you please share it with the others that are waiting for a reboot so that they may have the illusion of being back in FE too.

WoW Classic was launched for a reason: that reason being, a 16 year old game was superior to its successor. Don't be hasty in judging old games. FE has some of that classic beauty and immersion that could have massive value if launched correctly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1