JunoSuzuki

Can we get a solution for consequent double and triple posting?

As title says. I opened a suggestion about that one year ago and nothing changed. -> 

kWeZzab.png

If they get told to stop they act rude or don't even understand you and keep doing this. They also don't give a damn if theres a conversation going on or a GM is around like i've seen recently. They're posting even more to get noticed since there's traffic in the chat. Others get encouraged by this behavior to do the same and we get more people doing this. I am not the only one bothered by this, maybe the most triggered if i see it when i'm online and i know a lot more with full block lists complaining about them.

Suggestions went from giving them a trade channel, banning WTS/WTT/WTB/or any other word that implies trade from /d so they move to /yell where trade should belong to or/and putting a time limit of posting. 

I'd like to know what people think today and if there would be a good solution for this or if this is a case for after-engine-update time.

For me /d is a chat section that should be for social interaction, conversations or helping people and not to get spammed by traders 24/7 with double/triple posts every 20-30 seconds. Today i still believe just /ignore isn't a solution. You just let the marketplace screamer scream in public and just put in your ear plugs yet he's still screaming and others might join him because it seems to be effective. Some might join him because they really wanna sell their stuff and doesn't deserve to get blocked by everyone. There's also a limit on the blocklist and i'd keep those places for people who really want to annoy and make me angry. These people just need a place where they can do this without bothering others and a little limitation like slow mode or something similiar. If i want to buy something i take a look at the seperated tab i created for trades. That is /yell atm and people use it but a lot of them come over to /district and do it there as well. So what about a /trade?

That's what i had to say about it, what do you guys think?

• Like 1

It's true, they should make something abaut the Chat spamming, But also you can play with the chat settings, Decheck message type that you don't wanna see in the chat. 

/ignore or disable the yell function from the char, or chat put it inside a 2nd channel.

I do agree with you through and i wish we can have a better Chat Spamfilter, but you know.. this game need so many changes, we need to wait, is impossible to pretend LO to do somethign about 3500 different things.

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

/ignore or disable the yell function from the char, or chat put it inside a 2nd channel.

I do agree with you through and i wish we can have a better Chat Spamfilter, but you know.. this game need so many changes, we need to wait, is impossible to pretend LO to do somethign about 3500 different things.

I am actually talking about the /d channel. My Chat is seperated into /district /help /yell /group and /clan so it is well balanced. And for the /ignore issue, there are a lot of people with full ignore lists and the more people just get ignored the more people you have who would do the same -> more people double/triple posting that have to be ignored -> You not being able to /ignore them all. And if that ends in ignoring hundrets of players i don't think it should stay like that.

I also know that engine update > all and i know how important that is right now but i also want to know if a better regulation of the chat could be considered afterwards.

Just now, JunoSuzuki said:

I am actually talking about the /d channel. My Chat is seperated into /district /help /yell /group and /clan so it is well balanced. And for the /ignore issue, there are a lot of people with full ignore lists and the more people just get ignored the more people you have who would do the same -> more people double/triple posting that have to be ignored -> You not being able to /ignore them all. And if that ends in ignoring hundrets of players i don't think it should stay like that.

I also know that engine update > all and i know how important that is right now but i also want to know if a better regulation of the chat could be considered afterwards.

That's also true, they should increase bot friends and ignore list.

/d channel is a very complicated issue and i can say that i am annoyed by those peopels using it instead of the yell one.

Also yeah, it shouldnt' work like that.

I think they will go to check every single thign i nthe game, but i don't know their plans, so, let's see.

i hope more forward we can idk.. choose? Or at least know what are the future changes and look at.

can’t say i really care what people type in /d

doesn't really help when people like these offer shit prices too, so they'll keep spamming for a long time

5 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

there are a lot of people with full ignore lists

I kinda feel like if you have a full ignore list, you might be the pleasant fellow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I kinda feel like if you have a full ignore list, you might be the pleasant fellow.

they even increased the ignore list size, so there's really no point in having it full unless you're just trash at cleaning it out once every few weeks/months.

at times there are so many doing this that it is possible that you could fill up your ignore list.

If chat had an intelligent auto filter to stop repeated messages from spamming it would help.

*** intelligent auto filters can tell if the message is 70 percent or greater on being the same message and block it.

do i think this is a major issue? no the engine upgrade and phasing is by far first.

is it something that can/should be looked into? yes chat in general needs a rework like a temp ignore for district or a perm one by users.

First of all, this morons forgot people use /yell for that. They probably think it makes their offers more appealing. Wrong.

I usually tend to ignore spam WTB/WTT/WTS offers. And if I look through offers I expand chat anyway.

I dunno what they think they will achieve like that other than making their offers less appealing.

Edited by Mitne

KOMXzbB.png

atm it is/was worse than yesterday. That's just 2 people right here but there were more spamming in /s that is less of an issue since it just annoys people in close area. Tried to answer some people and had to double post myself too so they can see it

Yeah also increase the fucking ignore list.

And if you ignore someone it should remove their shit from the marketplace too cause Im tired of seeing MissVane or whatever their username is on one of their 5 accounts they have 30 of each item listed that fill the store with 20 extra pages of the same garbage.

to the people saying use /ignore

you're gonna be ignoring literally 1 million people per day then

and that takes time, much better to just prevent these people from spamming in the first place.

5 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

And if you ignore someone it should remove their shit from the marketplace too

I love this idea.

When I used to do the MP it was 50 symbols a day every day... people SHOULD be able to ignore and not have to view my stuff if not interested.

If its tied to the ignore lists... I might actually put names on mine.

Edited by CookiePuss

District chat...... I have not seen that in years..... 😎

7 hours ago, Crusadeer said:

to the people saying use /ignore

you're gonna be ignoring literally 1 million people per day then

Wish we had that type of population.

Edited by Leefekyn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I love this idea.

When I used to do the MP it was 50 symbols a day every day... people SHOULD be able to ignore and not have to view my stuff if not interested.

If its tied to the ignore lists... I might actually put names on mine.

Now that's very interesting, i would like that to be implemented, tho i don't ignore nobody because is just waste of time x).

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

i don't ignore nobody because is just waste of time x).

same... all my ignore lists are empty

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

same... all my ignore lists are empty

Honestly is more fun looking at them arguing instead of ignore.

Then idk why but i am a fanatic of, not perfection, but i don't like to have things filled up with no any reason.

The ignore list is one of them i like to leave totally empty.

I ignore people just because of their themes sometimes (For obvious reasons) but i think a possible temp-ignore would also work, for situations like the themes and for district spam - you could set to ignore someone for 1 hour-1 day-1 week ect.. and wouldn't have to manually remove it later to make room for more people

Today when AncientMew was in social it turned out to be an issue when someone started to spam around to sell his 600k EOL. Mew and other people told him to use /yell and he went silent after a while but he wasn't really aware of bothering people even when a GM was around. This is what i mean when i say it's not an issue that can just be ignored if everyone looks away. There was also someone asking for a slow mode of 10 seconds for a while. Not sure if that could be a thing in future when a GM is around answering questions... not for 10 seconds. That might be a little bit too long.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Does the /ignore function still work in APB?

no that feature was removed with all the cheaters that been banned via easy anti cheat

On 4/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, Leefekyn said:

Wish we had that type of population.

the ignore list only goes up to 50.....