Really hope something comes of this. Excellent work!

15 hours ago, dnoo said:

May I ask you where did you find that map on the wall showing both Financial and Midtown districs?

That map can be found unobstructed in the southside "Chapel" area of Asylum, but the one in the image used can be found over in the south-western side in "The Asylum Club"

FHmbDLX.pngegi6oqY.png
J3CgpwK.png

Edited by Roxl
Corrections

Love the work and support it 100%. I kinda wanna go into the new factions, so if implemented we'd have 6 factions all together right. For Criminals it looks like this-

·BloodRose - Gothic cluber n heister kids

·Gkings - emo-ish Artistic Graffiti skaters 

·RedRain - Your typical gangbangers

Then for Enforcers.

·Praetorians - hired Military Mercs

·Prentiss Tigers - patriotic Collage Kids

·Sppd - The Forgotten law that once was

Not really feeling the names for the "new" factions, like redrain doesnt sound all that menacing for a typical Gangbanger crew but eh no matter would still love to see them in the future and see what could come of them.

As a very old friend i've whitnessed all ths steps from a rough drawing, started many years ago to point where u are at now.

I can back him up on the hundreds, if not more, of hours he has put into all this.
The fact this project has reached hights that even MattScott's impressed it means this is very impressive and deffinately deserves a chance in this game.

Great job Ellix. 

• Thanks 1

1ec834675d67a28011937b5afb16ab18.png

504c772b0b3e43a2f0176294c8307383.png

The district starts to look kinda whole with the new props 🙂 There is still a lot of work to be done but I can actually finish it.

Next thing will be texturing and then trying to make good UV's for lightmaps

(Last part will be kinda hard for me to do as I'm not experienced but we'll see)

• Like 2

i did significant progress in use of texture paint and vertex paint, i will try to optimize my painting speed before send you a block complete. 😄 

Holy shit, dude.

Incredible work Ellix.

I saw the thread title and said "oh, great, someone is going to propose making Midtown for the 20th time."

I completely didn't expect this to be an update on your original work from years ago.

Seriously, really well done.

this is really great work, so mutch hours you put into this

i hope this goes in the game ,its has potential

OMG this is so awesome... I don't sure we even need new contacts here, just missions and stuff... I really hope this will be in the game. 

Edited by Nagletz

I so wish we will see this in game, APB is in dire need of a new district, it can be used to bring a lot of players

Man you’re really talented, maybe you’d consider a career as an urban planner or an architect? You’ve definitely got what it takes! 😀

Just a note of what I'm doing right now.

It's been a month since I haven't touched the project. Due to my real life work I haven't got much time to work on Midtown anymore...

However I took upon myself to redo a part that should have been done years ago

a0e5a627ed1df60cd9610ff10f5255a8.png

Right now I'm fixing all the roads to be the same size as in the base game.

This is a frustrating process so far as I discover issues with elevation and such.

However what it means is that the sidewalks will have 1 to 2 meters more of area which means I may need to expand or subtract some buildings 

Right now I also plan to remake 3 areas in the eastern part of the district which have a bit too much of open space..

After that there will be a long process of cutting holes in the buildings to place windows and also re-placing all of my current ripped models with new ones that are the same size as in the game

8588007a7e02a2a06a9e7c109fcb6f43.png

After that there is a long process of texturing everything with PLACEHOLDER textures that can later be swapped to original APB materials in a editor like Blender or 3DSmax..

9c97cabe3843856732810ce0a8eacac9.png

47beedf701bde4dc0d1dadd73b064249.png

All this requires buildings to be split into chunks for the texture to be detailed..

In 2 words there is still a lot of work and I don't have the time to do this fulltime anymore.

However I must try completing this process. According to Matt's words there is a SMALL chance for this to be implemented but in FAR FUTURE.

So I guess there is plenty of time. 

I will try to keep the thread more updated with the project's progress in the future..

Thanks 

-Nick

• Like 5

midtownTEst_phy1.png

i can navigate inside it with my little game platform.
if you need i can add the function of "climb" and "jumpfence" for full test . 
for drive i need more time, cause at the moment Kelly recognize just only one car in entire scene, not all.

• Like 1

@Queen of Love

I fetched a test file for you to test on your engine 

You can check Discord to get it.. 

Just be aware that the objects except the buildings themselves are not textured but that's roughly how a block will look like

1 hour ago, Ellix said:

@Queen of Love

I fetched a test file for you to test on your engine 

You can check Discord to get it.. 

Just be aware that the objects except the buildings themselves are not textured but that's roughly how a block will look like

ok, i had it too, but was not textured 😄 i will invent something for show it more "apb-able" 😄

Update what's been going on with the project 

I've been fixing the roads to be a bit more slicker and the right sizes as are ingame (Waterfront taken for reference)

Small roads been cut by 3-4 meters to be 7.5m wide

Big roads got a cut by 2-3 meters from 22.3 to 19m

That also meant some of the buildings had to be moved or scaled accordingly.

Some spots got a bit more sidewalk space and some buildings had been stretched but overall the district has the same size overall... 

d2c3c61837e5accf04fae9bc173e2a91.png

The colors of blocks mean this time:

Red - Road (Not all of it accessible)

Beige - Ready blocks that require placing of new models (As well as doors and windows)

Pink - Buildings that need some change or be remodeled completely *mostly due too open space*

Green - Outer bounds of the districts (We still need a bit of moving and stretching here)

Blue - Ready buildings with new models and windows/doors placed

Yellow - Single chunk of asphalt (road)

Here is a reference of the old road setup:

5176bfdcdf718da788df6a76aabfd9da.png

So what's left modeling wise it to edit the outer bounds and put everything together

After that I can start placing new models and working on doors and windows...

• Like 5

Just a quick view of what has been done to the roads and some buildings... 

7ce85c6caaf3441472cece08cbaef5ef.png

88465795a7599ec7b4f8d0b31dbced3e.png

7bd574408e1a80a3dceff1db65d7a7fb.png

• Like 11

Credit to you guys. This is such a neat project. Happy to see it's still going!

Midtown is one of those districts I always wished I could've seen for myself. Used to even have some images of it way back. Sadly those are gone and even if I did have 'em I'm not sure if I could share those. There's some absolutely fascinating and beautiful unreleased areas from APB's earlier days.

I mean, look at one of the old building interiors that sadly never was:

QMAiHOk.jpg

What I'd give to have them go over some of those older areas & districts with us players.

• Like 1

Been trying to fetch some names for district's blocks and streets.

Some of them were listed in the lore but some of them are brand new names (I'm not that good with those)

Everything is a subject to change..

485d4c07cee4b48be63d23b50f15f45c.png

• Like 7

Just needs an update I think..

I haven't been working on the project lately.

Just in a phase of my life when I don't have too much time or enenergy to waste on it anymore.

I wish I had more help to finish that thing..

In general I do have some helpers.

Brandon and QueenOfLove been helping with some parts of it.

But what I would like to have are some dedicated people to help me finish some stuff..

It requires texture design and some unreal engine knowlage/ other methods of randering ingame enviropemebts.

Everything so far looks good on paper but the project already has a need for proper scale model where you can emulate APB's physics.

Just something that will look good and will have some common weapons with physics..

Or the easiest way would be to import the assets to APB's new engine which is still in works..

I just hope I will have some progress to show soon but so far I've just been fixing some spots on map that felt like in need of rework.

Many of those changes are done just on paper in my free time and not are not yet on the map.Just need some free time to model them.

Right now I reworked on the containers area (Ferrit Industries) to add some more spice and sketching new placements in the big werehouse area (Benington Storage).

I also do have the graffiti from APB files but we do need an artrist for Red Rain and SPPD bunch.Speaking of which if some of you can fetch some contact designs for those just post them here 🙂

At this point I'm not even sure the project will be out by 2021or even at all. 

Still waiting on some sort of confirmation from LO that this can work.

But overall from the last test I'm confident that it's at least possible with Udk3.5

Anyways thanks to everyone who helped me with this project so far and supported it.

Couldn't do it without you 😙

Stay tuned. 

Maybe something nice will come out soon

• Like 3