who

Edited by who
  • Thanks 1

Edited by who

3 minutes ago, ternachkan said:

literally see all those good players use low res. whats the thing bout it then

because they want to have higher fps?

• Like 3

They lower settings to get the most frame rates for a competitive edge or because their higher end modern PC have technical difficulties with the current outdated game engine.

Either way to answer your question, max settings or minimum settings. All that would happen is a minor different in reaction time possibly but only my a millisecond.

A good aim is a good aim.

You can down vote me now salty!

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

Might make a small difference in a gunfight between two such "pros" if one of them was using low res and the other was struggling to keep up a steady 60 with everything turned up to full.

What it won't do is reduce top players to the performance level of rock trolls like me. And probably the OP.

Or even close.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ternachkan said:

i wonder what'd happen to the skill level of those pros, if there weren't any low res / config options

haha yes kanker noobs only good cuz game looks like wii tennis 😄

I think everyone should only be able to play at the in-game graphical options, and LO should expand upon those settings. Disabling explosion effects through the configs already gives an unfair advantage IMO.

If you think it helps you play better, you play better. I've used 1240x720 on a 1920x1080 screen for the past month. Switched to 1920x1080 and my skill didn't change. I found myselft comfortable with both resolution settings. You are just delusional.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ternachkan said:

i wonder what'd happen to the skill level of those pros, if there weren't any low res / config options

idk, what would happen to you if we forced you to play with your mouse left-handed, on a french keyboard, with monitor brightness turned all the way down?

16 hours ago, ternachkan said:

literally see all those good players use low res. whats the thing bout it then

because the game runs like garbage and you need to run it at low settings and low res if you want high+stable framerate. the common counterargument? "Well i run at max and I get 60 fps stable" yeah guess what, 60 fps isn't shit in 2020, and you're probably ignoring the fact that your game freezes up every few minutes, losing a whopping 200-1000 frames, and then dying to it, just because you want to play a game from 2010 in HD... which there is nothing wrong with, as long as you keep your mouth shut about other players playing the way THEY want to.

Edited by claude

Ahhhhh, that's why I'm crap.... I play with everything on high.....

They woud still wipe the floor with us regardless of config or weapons or anything else.

Good players will always beat worse players.

That being said, configs aren't about extra FPS. Configs are about reducing stutters, frame drops, and freezing.

Its not about getting a competitive edge (I can give you a config if you want to see for yourself), configs (and advanced launcher) are about making the game less frustrating to play.

For anyone curious as to what the differences are in hard numbers, here are my benchmarked stats. (done using the same software we use to benchmark 3.5) :

PCp39wF.png

The difference in MAX FPS is about 13fps.
The difference in MIN FPS is about 70fps.

oh and PS- if like me you have an RTX card, or some 16xx series cards, you literally cannot run the game on max graphics as it causes out of memory errors, crashing your game

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Played at max settings/4k/60fps

Played at 1024x762/144fps/ potato config

I played about the same skill level. 

Maybe a touch better on the low res, but that is because 4k res is a little broken, not low res having an advantage.

Yet here I am still playing at 4k/max settings.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

playing with a low res and minimal graphics has nothing to do with how good or bad you are at a game

what kind of barren headspace do you live in

Edited by Deftonez
a

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

They woud still wipe the floor with us regardless of config or weapons or anything else.

That being said, configs aren't about extra FPS. Configs are about reducing stutters, frame drops, and freezing.

Its not about getting a competitive edge (I can give you a config if you want to see for yourself), configs (and advanced launcher) are about making the game less frustrating to play.

For anyone curious as to what the differences are in hard numbers, here are my benchmarked stats. (done using the same software we use to benchmark 3.5) :

PCp39wF.png

oh and PS- if like me you have an RTX card, or some 16xx series cards, you literally cannot run the game on max graphics as it causes out of memory errors, crashing your game

My 965 x4 be runs better than your i7 lol. You should learn to build pc bud.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

PCp39wF.png

i5 6.6k 3.5ghz, 16gb ddr4, gtx 980, z1151 Krait G mobo, I get 134 fps stable, dip down to 70 very rarely, still get freeze frame/jitters occasionally though~

*edit* Default Installation

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, VickyFox said:

They lower settings to get the most frame rates for a competitive edge or because their higher end modern PC have technical difficulties with the current outdated game engine.

Either way to answer your question, max settings or minimum settings. All that would happen is a minor different in reaction time possibly but only my a millisecond.

A good aim is a good aim.

You can down vote me now salty!

down voted cuz you said to

Aim is transferable from game to game.. not sure what settings have to do with skill¿

I always find it interesting that the OP of threads like this always just disappear after a post or two.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChristmasElf said:

My 965 x4 be runs better than your i7 lol. You should learn to build pc bud.

That actually brings up an important point:

lT6kguk.png

These are our two CPUs (apologies if the Black Edition is different, Im not familiar with AMD at all)

This clearly shows that the i7 SHOULD outperform the AMD, but that isn't the case with APB.

Assuming you are correct about your performance (you can easily benchmark to be sure), this shows just how poorly APB performs even on "new-ish" hardware... hell I cant even play on max graphics because I have an RTX card and APB crashes.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:18 PM, ternachkan said:

obviously every pro would suddenly suck because there are secret hacks encrypted inside the configs that are undetectable unless you look at them under a UV light

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

That actually brings up an important point:

lT6kguk.png

These are our two CPUs (apologies if the Black Edition is different, Im not familiar with AMD at all)

This clearly shows that the i7 SHOULD outperform the AMD, but that isn't the case with APB.

Assuming you are correct about your performance (you can easily benchmark to be sure), this shows just how poorly APB performs even on "new-ish" hardware... hell I cant even play on max graphics because I have an RTX card and APB crashes.

It was a joke... i know i7 is way more powerful than 965 be (3.6 oc). 

8 minutes ago, ChristmasElf said:

It was a joke... i know i7 is way more powerful than 965 be (3.6 oc). 

Oddly enough, no matter how far I OC'd my i7 it made no difference in performance.

APB is a strange beast.

Also, Im probably upgrading my rig in the next month so I'll have free parts if anyone needs em.

Sign in to follow this