Wynnone

Terrorism propaganda in APB

42 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

This is the world we live in. Shooting people in the head is ok. Offensive symbol not ok.

you do get that the "shooting people in the head" thing is pretend but hate symbols are real, yes?

not even commenting on whether or not this shit should be in the game, comparing one to the other is dishonest

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

you do get that the "shooting people in the head" thing is pretend but hate symbols are real, yes?

not even commenting on whether or not this shit should be in the game, comparing one to the other is dishonest

If it is pretend, maybe people with "offensive symbols" should be unbanned as they were just pretending to be a nazi. Pretending or not, offensive symbols promote ideals, the game promotes murder, muggings, theaft, speading.

42 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

maybe people with "offensive symbols" should be unbanned as they were just pretending to be a nazi

Feel free to petition LO for their unbanning.

I don't see it going well, though.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 5/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Y2Venom said:

the game promotes murder, muggings, theaft, speading.

what what?

their upbringings and their own choices in life are how people would be hateful enough to do that in real life not APB

I didn't see people playing Donkey Kong at the pizza place then running around town hitting people with rubber mallets.

that would be funny as hell if it happened though lol

On 5/26/2020 at 3:37 PM, CookiePuss said:

many online games do not allow it , making it a known common practice , so I doubt it would go well either.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:37 PM, CookiePuss said:

why should i, thats not what we were talking about.

I was pointing out the stupidiness of the fact that shooting people in the head in game is not real compared to an offensive symbol (your words). The irony that its acceptible that you can shoot people in a head, you can ram raid shops, you can mow down pedestrians, but create a symbol with a nipple on it and you can get banned.

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

why should i, thats not what we were talking about.

I was pointing out the stupidiness of the fact that shooting people in the head in game is not real compared to an offensive symbol (your words). The irony that its acceptible that you can shoot people in a head, you can ram raid shops, you can mow down pedestrians, but create a symbol with a nipple on it and you can get banned.

Nipples are allowed.

Tbh i think it would be pretty fit lore-wise to have some far-right organisation in San Paro setting, as the city is going to hell with complete anarchy and legalising paramilitary groups, both left and right extremists would surely appear.

I'd like to think of praetorians as such group, but the're clearly designed to be just richmen hirelings, with no plans to take over, which is strange for a paramilitary group, planning to restrict city areas from each other and run death squads inside.

There's also some preset car for enforcer side, moirai if i'm not mistaken, designed commie-alike, in red, with revolution and stuff.

4 hours ago, Gro said:

Tbh i think it would be pretty fit lore-wise to have some far-right organisation in San Paro setting, as the city is going to hell with complete anarchy and legalising paramilitary groups, both left and right extremists would surely appear.

Trailer for each factions and faction lore pretty much explains from where might members of each faction hail from:

"Like the other recruits, you are as likely to have come from the military or law enforcement as from the general citizenry." - Ex-military, ex-cop, do-gooders and concerned citizens for enforcers.

https://apbdb.com/factions/Enforcer/

"Like the other members of your august fraternity, you've likely come highly recommended as a gang member, career criminal, civil activist, or similar." - Gangs, criminals, activists or members of any freedom-loving movements for criminals

https://apbdb.com/factions/Criminal/

Take baddies and neutrals out and you can get that right is with enforcers and left is with criminals.

Also current party in rule of San Paro is called "The Conservative Unionists" and represent pretty much conservative values (CSA act, aka. formation of militia after police collapse is great and only example we sadly have in lore). So go figure which citizens are likely to go with what mayor office represent and against it.

In the end though, it's left as open question as to not influence anyone choice other than personal preference. Wanna be enforcer? Be enforcer. Wanna be criminal? Be criminal.

Edited by Mitne

9 hours ago, Gro said:

You can make up any hate group you want in-game.
You just cant use real world hate groups.

18 hours ago, Gro said:

I'd like to think of praetorians as such group, but the're clearly designed to be just richmen hirelings, with no plans to take over, which is strange for a paramilitary group, planning to restrict city areas from each other and run death squads inside.

There's also some preset car for enforcer side, moirai if i'm not mistaken, designed commie-alike, in red, with revolution and stuff.

I mean, Praetorians are essentially the strongarm of big businesses, Prentiss Tigers are the college jocks and Rich kids of High School. The enforcers use the law to enforce order, and the businesses use their money to get what they want.

Teng does have plans for San Paro to some degree though, mostly for profits. Then there's Durrant, whos just a drunk who's doing it cause he hates thugs and something about his kid? I do enjoy the enf lore though, they each have their own reasons for it. I've never really cared or understood about the crim side of things. Getting the messages that read like gibberish really made me salty that such people were pulling at the strings in the background.

G-Kings and Blood roses are kinda like the relatives and rich/poor people and school dropouts in the background pulling at the strings to get what they want via blackmail and force while remaining anonymous.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

So

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You can make up any hate group you want in-game.
You just cant use real world hate groups.

Hate Group ,An organization whose goals and activities are primarily or substantially based on a shared antipathy towards people of one or more other different races, religions, ethnicities/nationalities/national origins, genders, and/or sexual identities.

Union Jack flag, a symbol to oppress an entire Catholic country through protestant plantations displacing thousands of Catholic people leading to famine and over 1 million catholics dead.  For sale on Arma's.

Irish Flag, Illegally founded country of Ireland (at the time(, was considered terrorist propaganda which was responsible for war killings of Protestant people. Currently on Arma's

Spanish Flag , The flag of Francisco Franco (The White Terror), Responsible for the second highest number of mass graves in the world (over 3000)  With the execution of 200 thousand people.  His Flag is for sale in Armas

So the real answer is people will be banned at the whim of what the moderator finds offensive.  Lets just make it simple. Ban Nazi's , they are idiots anyway.

24 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

So the real answer is people will be banned at the whim of what the moderator finds offensive.  Lets just make it simple. Ban Nazi's , they are idiots anyway.

I have no idea if there is like a list or what for hate groups.

I also have no idea what the punishment is.

Are there warnings first? Instant ban?
I really have no idea.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I have no idea if there is like a list or what for hate groups.

I also have no idea what the punishment is.

Are there warnings first? Instant ban?
I really have no idea.

Either do i 😁

4 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Either do i 😁

Sounds like we identified the problem.

Yay us!